AFTER RECOVERING FROM THIS DISAPPOINTMENT:

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Igugu
Egg
Egg
AFTER RECOVERING FROM THIS DISAPPOINTMENT:

Post by Igugu »

We need to start rebuiling our team. Most of the Old reliables must be given a rest. Let us start grooming the younger players, and those considered too young must be tried and given opportunities for the battles ahead: AFCON is around the corner, Qatar World Cup is in November and qualification for the next one commences soon after.

We need to start rebuiling our team. Forget about coaches not being able to provide tactics in this encounter; they can only get better if given time to learn from their mistakes. Besides they are not the ones who had to kick the ball in the fields, and wether they followed instruction or not, if they lack fire in the belly we cannot win inspite they being given opportunity to represent us. These crop of players are tired and may be needs motivations to move on.

Good thing about this, is that we did not lose on goals scored basis. We lost because we failed to score in Ghana.
I will like to say Thanks to the guys for their efforts.
scholl
Egg
Egg
Re: AFTER RECOVERING FROM THIS DISAPPOINTMENT:

Post by scholl »

How many times have they rebuilt or hearing suggestions about rebuilding? Majority of these players don't live in Nigeria. F..k football. The place called Nigeria is a complete disaster. Football should be the least of worries.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

scholl wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:37 pm How many times have they rebuilt or hearing suggestions about rebuilding? Majority of these players don't live in Nigeria. F..k football. The place called Nigeria is a complete disaster. Football should be the least of worries.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: my brother, Nigerians are truly delusional. remember that old phrase from the vanguard after every loss "we will go back to the drawing board" :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: As a child, I used to believe that nonsense! But as an adult, i have grown to know Nigerians for who we are. The fact anyone even thinks there will be introspection is laughable.

The losers we call players will all head to the club this weekend, as if nothing happened. And will return to their lower league and relegation teams and continue to drive their semi-luxuy cars, thinking that is all to life! :lol: :lol: while their mates are going to the world cup, fighting for titles and building legacies. Abeggiiiii
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

We say this every 4 years about rebuilding with young players …yet when sh*t hits the fan some of you will start calling for by the likes of Victor Moses to come and bail you out. It is what it is at this point.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
scholl
Egg
Egg

Post by scholl »

danfo driver wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:40 pm
scholl wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:37 pm How many times have they rebuilt or hearing suggestions about rebuilding? Majority of these players don't live in Nigeria. F..k football. The place called Nigeria is a complete disaster. Football should be the least of worries.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: my brother, Nigerians are truly delusional. remember that old phrase from the vanguard after every loss "we will go back to the drawing board" :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: As a child, I used to believe that nonsense! But as an adult, i have grown to know Nigerians for who we are. The fact anyone even thinks there will be introspection is laughable.

The losers we call players will all head to the club this weekend, as if nothing happened. And will return to their lower league and relegation teams and continue to drive their semi-luxuy cars, thinking that is all to life! :lol: :lol: while their mates are going to the world cup, fighting for titles and building legacies. Abeggiiiii
You are correct! I'm afraid to say but CE itself is full of delusional people. Reading a lot of comments about what, who, this and that makes me conclude that it is a tiny bubble. As you said, those players will return to their spot in whatever country and bang their favorite rachet Oyibo ashawos and simp on the ones who are leading them on. They could care less because, like the ruling/political class, Nigerians will still show them love and think they can somehow transform the situation despite antecedents.

Nigerians home and abroad, harbor so much hope with nothing in place to increase their chances of success. A truly delusional country.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

packerland wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:49 pm We say this every 4 years about rebuilding with young players …yet when sh*t hits the fan some of you will start calling for by the likes of Victor Moses to come and bail you out. It is what it is at this point.
You do realise countries go through barren periods where they are not producing enough talent? Nigeria has been sliding in this direction for some time now. We have not replaced some very good players hence why people start to call for Victor Moses when we see the young pretenders fumbling.

If you doubt me, just study our recent youth football record. Our under 20 and under 23 have not delivered for sometime now.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by juventuss »

Constant rebuilding is definitely not helping. We need to find our identity.
Flair / technical players in the middle who can dictate the tempo
Wingers who understand their role
Focal point up top. Solid #9
Deep lying play maker that is able to find the wingers
Hard working outside backs that know when to overlap and when to hold
Solid bench to provide competition for starting positions

IF you look at the team, we have some of these pieces. What we need is a coach and a technical team that can put these pieces together, as well as firmly enforce "know your role" amongst the players.
Ayton Senna wrote:On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna

FORZA JUVE
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

packerland wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:49 pm We say this every 4 years about rebuilding with young players …yet when sh*t hits the fan some of you will start calling for by the likes of Victor Moses to come and bail you out. It is what it is at this point.
Rebuild ?

The team is already young, but some clowns wanted to bring back wastepipes like Musa and Ighalo, even talking about Victor Moses.

Fools.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Oga Lolly, First, Nigeria is not devoid of any talent. We may overate them a little bit as fans but no excuse losing to this Ghana team.

Secondly, we have sucked in youth tournaments for a while because Pinnick can care less about youth tournaments. He even ignored the Falcons for a period of time. All these culminated in us not qualifying to these junior tournaments and the Olympics. He is more concerned with looking for FIFA & CAF roles. He puts some effort into SE because that gives him a chance to go abroad on vacation. I’m sure missing out on the W.C will pain him well well cos of the 12M FIFA prize money for those who qualify. He has to go period!
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Igugu
Egg
Egg

Post by Igugu »

My brother, all we now have is hope to improve. Come to think of it, countries like Italy will be missing at the World Cup, I heard. So, let's start inviting and building and re-inventing the system that had worked for us in the past.

We did it before, let's do it again.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Igugu wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:23 pm

My brother, all we now have is hope to improve. Come to think of it, countries like Italy will be missing at the World Cup, I heard. So, let's start inviting and building and re-inventing the system that had worked for us in the past.

We did it before, let's do it again.
Italy just won the Euro. When they look in their national sports museum they see past word cup trophies. They have a top 5 league and from their history they always produce top defenders, goalkeepers, and above average midfielders. Their problem as of today is not having a potent forward and I’m sure that will be corrected.

What do we have to look back or forward to? One country is unstable, our naira is sh*t and the one thing that gives us joy is gone. This one hurts my bro.
Egg
Egg

Post by 404 »

The entire NFF board along with the coaching staff should resign oh I forgot it is Nigeria a dysfunctional country where self respect and integrity is not the norm….
juventuss
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by juventuss »

404 wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:41 pm The entire NFF board along with the coaching staff should resign oh I forgot it is Nigeria a dysfunctional country where self respect and integrity is not the norm….
Resign kee ??

You're asking for too much. Resign isn't a word in their vocabulary.
Ayton Senna wrote:On a given day, a given circumstance, you think you have a limit. And you then go for this limit and you touch this limit, and you think, 'Okay, this is the limit.' As soon as you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high - Ayton Senna

FORZA JUVE
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

We need Zirksee at ALL cost!! Osimhen no be am. But hopefully, a new talent will be unearthed in before 2006.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

danfo driver wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:40 pm

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

If we hire another Oyinbo coach ever again, I will switch to supporting another national team. The goalkeeping issue was created by Rohr for refusing to expand his search to include players playing in Nigeria.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

oscar52 wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 3:01 am If we hire another Oyinbo coach ever again, I will switch to supporting another national team. The goalkeeping issue was created by Rohr for refusing to expand his search to include players playing in Nigeria.
oh shut up.

and what did Egu do about it ?

followed the same lazy path.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

We will soon start “rebuilding” with young U17s at this rate.
Nobody in that team is over 30 apart from Balogun and Akpeyi.
Ighalo isn’t really a core member.
Age is not the problem.
False premise.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Rebuild but clowns were talking about the big game experience Musa and Ighalo bring.

We don't need to Rebuild anything. We have a solid core. We just need to trim the fat, develop our midfield and find A REAL COACH.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Igugu wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:28 pm We need to start rebuiling our team. Most of the Old reliables must be given a rest. Let us start grooming the younger players, and those considered too young must be tried and given opportunities for the battles ahead: AFCON is around the corner, Qatar World Cup is in November and qualification for the next one commences soon after.

We need to start rebuiling our team. Forget about coaches not being able to provide tactics in this encounter; they can only get better if given time to learn from their mistakes. Besides they are not the ones who had to kick the ball in the fields, and wether they followed instruction or not, if they lack fire in the belly we cannot win inspite they being given opportunity to represent us. These crop of players are tired and may be needs motivations to move on.

Good thing about this, is that we did not lose on goals scored basis. We lost because we failed to score in Ghana.
Understand that there is a difference between rebuilding and overhauling. True rebuilding takes time. You look at a wide range of players and bring in only those good enough to replace another player in time. Conversely, you can bring in a bunch of new players, throw them in the deep end and let the chips fall where they may. That’s overhauling and it usually doesn’t work as well as rebuilding…

… and when you come to think about it, that’s precisely what Eguavoen did this past Tuesday in Abuja… and I’ll bet you it wasn’t his idea🤔❗️

Cheers.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Igugu wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:28 pm We need to start rebuiling our team. Most of the Old reliables must be given a rest. Let us start grooming the younger players, and those considered too young must be tried and given opportunities for the battles ahead: AFCON is around the corner, Qatar World Cup is in November and qualification for the next one commences soon after.

...where do you get these young players? the old reliable, foreign born, foreign rejects by their place of birth?
To rebuild, start with the local league, source players there, groom and get them ready. These local boys play in African weather all year and are use to it. Note some of the foreign imports complained about the heat, not being able to breath, probably the food too. But will that happen? I doubt it, as the thieves will scamper back to Europe with the usual excuse.
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

vancity eagle wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 3:14 am
oscar52 wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 3:01 am If we hire another Oyinbo coach ever again, I will switch to supporting another national team. The goalkeeping issue was created by Rohr for refusing to expand his search to include players playing in Nigeria.
oh shut up.

and what did Egu do about it ?

followed the same lazy path.

Mumu oyinbo #$% licker. Egu is not a good representation of the local coaches. The guy was clumsy as a player and clumber as a coach as well. Give the job to another Oyinbo and yall will forever be in the football wilderness wondering whatifs. this game was there for the taking 100% if Egu had played a less lightweight player than Aribo who looks like he does not even know how to kick a ball sometimes. Give Amunike or Finidi the job. Ghana, Senegal, and Cameroon all have local coaches, are you saying their human capital development is so far ahead of ours with a population of over 200m? Have some pride abeg, Oyinbo is what brought you this mess you are in with all sorts of hey yous wearing the GWG that Ghana was just pushing them around on the field with no iota of respect.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Ghanas coach has worked at Borussia Dortmund

Amuneke coached Tanzania, to LAST PLACE.

Do you not see the difference ?

I know you are not that clueless.