Even Cameroon with a new coach just qualified

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Even Cameroon with a new coach just qualified

Post by Tobi17 »

Yeah, Song just appointed manager of the Cameroon team just few weeks ago after firing their Portuguese manager... yet they just beat Algeria 2-1 to qualify to Qatar...a newly assembled Ghanaian coaching crew best a fairly established Eguavoen led team that at least tasted AFCON... I expect not only the NFF to be dissolved by tomorrow, but sack all the national team coaches along... This is very embarrassing and unacceptable
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Even Cameroon with a new coach just qualified

Post by Scipio Africanus »

Leave dem. They are there debating whether 0-0 in the first leg is a great result or not. Cameroon LOST at home and were still able to SCORE goals away to qualify. In this game called football, you don't score, you ain't going no where. We deserve our predicament. Abeg leave Simon dem to be doing body movement for field. Na dat wan dey sweet us pass. Forget being able to cross or shoot the ball.

Wha choo looking at?!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

You could see the determination and relentless will power of the Cameroonians to keep pressing forward even at the last second of the game at 1-1 when they were seconds away from elimination, until the Toko Ekambi goal happened and it's trending everywhere...if not for Afrobeats music which seems to have put Nigeria on the map for something positive, I would have concluded that we're truly cursed in all ramifications as a nation
Last edited by Tobi17 on Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Tobi17 wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:22 pm Yeah, Song just appointed manager of the Cameroon team just few weeks ago after firing their Portuguese manager... yet they just beat Algeria 2-1 to qualify to Qatar...a newly assembled Ghanaian coaching crew best a fairly established Eguavoen led team that at least tasted AFCON... I expect not only the NFF to be dissolved by tomorrow, but sack all the national team coaches along... This is very embarrassing and unacceptable
It has nothing to do with the Coach solely. The boys were completely weak. They gave up so easily.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:25 pm Leave dem. They are there debating whether 0-0 in the first leg is a great result or not. Cameroon LOST at home and were still able to SCORE goals away to qualify. In this game called football, you don't score, you ain't going no where. We deserve our predicament. Abeg leave Simon dem to be doing body movement for field. Na dat wan dey sweet us pass. Forget being able to cross or shoot the ball.
It is shocking the logic that one gets here sometimes. Really shocking to state the least. If we all could predict an outcome, what then is the sense in playing the game? :???:
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
chif456
Egg
Egg

Post by chif456 »

To be honest , the reaction of the fans in the stadium is more dissappointing than the failure to qualify.

"Nigerian fans acted with anger and unrestrained frustration as violence overshadowed the Super Eagles’ World Cup exit.

Local spectators peppered both the Ghana fans, some 100 or so, and the Black Stars players with water bottles – forcing the latter to cower and cover their heads as they battled their way down the tunnel following a mass pitch invasion.

The ugly scenes – with police hitting out at fans with batons – were allowed to continue by local security for around five minutes or so, and were only briefly interrupted when tear gas was thrown onto the pitch.

By that stage, a dug out had been overturned and smashed up as the unwanted-but-familiar side of football reared its ugly head.

Ghanaian supporters making their way from the stadium expressed their disbelief and dismay at their treatment, while football’s world governing body Fifa will take a dim view of scenes which require considerable explaining from both Nigerian security and football officials
. "
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Ghanaians came, beat us in our own home the laughing as we burn our home down while they go home with the prize…so sad…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

chif456 wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 12:15 am To be honest , the reaction of the fans in the stadium is more dissappointing than the failure to qualify.

"Nigerian fans acted with anger and unrestrained frustration as violence overshadowed the Super Eagles’ World Cup exit.

Local spectators peppered both the Ghana fans, some 100 or so, and the Black Stars players with water bottles – forcing the latter to cower and cover their heads as they battled their way down the tunnel following a mass pitch invasion.

The ugly scenes – with police hitting out at fans with batons – were allowed to continue by local security for around five minutes or so, and were only briefly interrupted when tear gas was thrown onto the pitch.

By that stage, a dug out had been overturned and smashed up as the unwanted-but-familiar side of football reared its ugly head.

Ghanaian supporters making their way from the stadium expressed their disbelief and dismay at their treatment, while football’s world governing body Fifa will take a dim view of scenes which require considerable explaining from both Nigerian security and football officials
. "
Sad, very sad. The FIFA/CAF hammer is underway. Bet on it.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
visieC
Egg
Egg

Post by visieC »

Cameroon just plays with heart and not so much talent.
Davos
Egg
Egg

Post by Davos »

Cameroon did not qualify, they bought the referee and the whole crew that deal with the VAR. Algeria was robbed big time, I have never seen in my life such things(and I have seen few in my time), the referee was not even trying to hide it. I will bet my house that this Guassama fellow(the referee)will disappear from the radar and will never be seen again on a pitch. Algeria was head and shoulders above Cameroon scored goals disallowed mysteriously, had penalties not given and to add insult to injury, the first Cameroon goal should not have been given. It's not the new coach that did the job...it's the corrupted referee and his VAR little helpers!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Davos wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 2:32 am Cameroon did not qualify, they bought the referee and the whole crew that deal with the VAR. Algeria was robbed big time, I have never seen in my life such things(and I have seen few in my time), the referee was not even trying to hide it. I will bet my house that this Guassama fellow(the referee)will disappear from the radar and will never be seen again on a pitch. Algeria was head and shoulders above Cameroon scored goals disallowed mysteriously, had penalties not given and to add insult to injury, the first Cameroon goal should not have been given. It's not the new coach that did the job...it's the corrupted referee and his VAR little helpers!
interesting, I will watch the match.
visieC
Egg
Egg

Post by visieC »

Davos wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 2:32 am Cameroon did not qualify, they bought the referee and the whole crew that deal with the VAR. Algeria was robbed big time, I have never seen in my life such things(and I have seen few in my time), the referee was not even trying to hide it. I will bet my house that this Guassama fellow(the referee)will disappear from the radar and will never be seen again on a pitch. Algeria was head and shoulders above Cameroon scored goals disallowed mysteriously, had penalties not given and to add insult to injury, the first Cameroon goal should not have been given. It's not the new coach that did the job...it's the corrupted referee and his VAR little helpers!
It's amazing!!
There is no Issa Hayatou.
The game was played away.
I gues Nigeria was also cheated out of a victory.

It's footbal. Some times, it goes your way....sometimes it does not.

For now, Ghana was better than Nigeria..like it or not
Cameroon bested Algeria FACT.

The rest is NOISE~!!!!!!!!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

chif456 wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 12:15 am To be honest , the reaction of the fans in the stadium is more dissappointing than the failure to qualify.

. "
But TBH, the reaction of the fans at the stadium is somewhat similar to the reaction here i.e. vent your anger at everything around the team. VENT SOME MORE. No reasoning necessary.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

I will say that Belmadi messed up big time.

His problem was his failure to transition his aging team after their 2019 afcon victory.

He kept sticking with his favorites and older players, when there were younger and better guys he kept ignoring.

They naturalized Andy Delort who was one of the hottest strikers in ligue 1, yet Belmadi kept benching him for Bounedjah, who never lived up to the trust the coach put in him.

Belmadi kept guys like Benrhama, Ounas, Boulaya on the bench for washed up guys like Fergouli, and Belaili. Frankly its almost similar to our insistence on guys like Ighalo and Musa.

Eventually it will catch up with you. Even when you win, you must continue to improve and transition your team. Belmadi failed to do that.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

vancity eagle wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:25 am I will say that Belmadi messed up big time.

His problem was his failure to transition his aging team after their 2019 afcon victory.

He kept sticking with his favorites and older players, when there were younger and better guys he kept ignoring.

They naturalized Andy Delort who was one of the hottest strikers in ligue 1, yet Belmadi kept benching him for Bounedjah, who never lived up to the trust the coach put in him.

Belmadi kept guys like Benrhama, Ounas, Boulaya on the bench for washed up guys like Fergouli, and Belaili. Frankly its almost similar to our insistence on guys like Ighalo and Musa.

Eventually it will catch up with you. Even when you win, you must continue to improve and transition your team. Belmadi failed to do that.
I feel bad for Belmadi, the turn around from an elite coach to an utter disaster for Algeria in such a short time must be baffling
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Tobi17 wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:52 am
vancity eagle wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 4:25 am I will say that Belmadi messed up big time.

I feel bad for Belmadi, the turn around from an elite coach to an utter disaster for Algeria in such a short time must be baffling
his stubborness bro.

he thought he arrived after winning afcon.

kept with his favorites. You dont do that, you play your best players, not your personal favorites.

actually what he did reminds me of Nigerian coaches.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Tobi17 wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:22 pm Yeah, Song just appointed manager of the Cameroon team just few weeks ago after firing their Portuguese manager... yet they just beat Algeria 2-1 to qualify to Qatar...a newly assembled Ghanaian coaching crew best a fairly established Eguavoen led team that at least tasted AFCON... I expect not only the NFF to be dissolved by tomorrow, but sack all the national team coaches along... This is very embarrassing and unacceptable
...you forgot they also have a new modern football house chief vs the jet setting london bound Arsenal lover you have in Nigeria.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

From this, it's again clear our players have no fighting tenacity. At least, not these set of players we have.

You are down by a goal within a few minutes of game commencement. You rebounded and equalised almost immediately. Knowing what is at stake, you have a lot of time to have put Ghana away, yet they failed.

This is where Cameroon is waaaaay better than we are
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

highbury wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:30 pm
It has nothing to do with the Coach solely. The boys were completely weak. They gave up so easily.
That's the strange part, I watched the Senegal team and was surprised how they were able to keep the same energy and motivation from the beginning to the end of the game.
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

I saw the highlights. The VAR decision was correct. The Algerian player handled the ball with his elbow before heading it into the goal. Listen, VAR has been a plus to the game. It helps to reduce genuine errors, fraudulent referring, and unfounded allegations from bitter fans, like what you're doing now.

Algeria paid the price for what many of us have been saying is a flaw in your team. You guys go berserk and score a bag of goals against smaller teams, but when playing a bigger team, you turn to ultra negative football once you're ahead on the result. This time it backfired on y'all and Cameroon got a late goal. Maybe you shouldn't have been trying to squeeze through with the bare minimum?
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
marutimon
Egg
Egg

Post by marutimon »

Orion wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 7:03 am
I saw the highlights. The VAR decision was correct. The Algerian player handled the ball with his elbow before heading it into the goal. Listen, VAR has been a plus to the game. It helps to reduce genuine errors, fraudulent referring, and unfounded allegations from bitter fans, like what you're doing now.

Algeria paid the price for what many of us have been saying is a flaw in your team. You guys go berserk and score a bag of goals against smaller teams, but when playing a bigger team, you turn to ultra negative football once you're ahead on the result. This time it backfired on y'all and Cameroon got a late goal. Maybe you shouldn't have been trying to squeeze through with the bare minimum?
Fully agree. It was obvious handball, even if a bit by chance.
furiously frank
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by furiously frank »

Watch the match too. Algeria beat themselves with their negative football. When they score, they started their usual time wasting, falling down on the slightest touch. The ref was very professional. Refused efforts to buy penalty. Glad the most tenacious team on the day won. To score 2 goals in Algeria is not easy. Cameroon will represent Africa well. Other than Morocco in ‘86, most NA go to the mundial to snooze
"That Justice is a blind goddess
Is a thing to which we blacks are wise.
Her bandage hides two festering sores
That once perhaps were eyes."
Langston Hughes, 1923
Davos
Egg
Egg

Post by Davos »

Orion wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 7:03 am

You are assuming things and drawing quick misguided conclusions.I will not argue much with you and leave the video images do the talking.Cameroon was not up to scrach and was run over by this Algerian team but the corrupted referee and his VAR laquets got them off the hook, simple as that!
This is the first Cameroon goal that you are saying is legite............it is an utter scandal!
Cameroon should not be in the world cup Algeria dominated the game and has been disgracefully disallowed legitimate penalties and a goal and had a shameful decision grant Cameroon their opening goal.
Algeria is and remain the best chance that Africa has got to save face in this world cup!