A Lesson to Super Eagles Fans

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

aykwes8
Egg
Egg
A Lesson to Super Eagles Fans

Post by aykwes8 »

Fear is very essential in the game of football. It is wise to fear an opponent. Especially one that has had success against you. In ghana the team we fear most is Ivory Coast. We fear them because they know how to beat us and inflict misery on us. The worst part is that they’re our twin brothers but Ivory Coast for decades has become torn in jour side. Here’s a clue: they have 2 AFCON titles and they win both at our expense and so we fear playing against them. Without being mischievous let me ask Which team do Super Eagle fans fear the most
kali
Egg
Egg
Re: A Lesson to Super Eagles Fans

Post by kali »

Not Ghana. Sorry. Lol
aykwes8
Egg
Egg

Post by aykwes8 »

kali wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 6:33 pm Not Ghana. Sorry. Lol

i was not expecting to hear it's Ghana :lol:
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Both games were actually drawn. You got through on the away goals rule which is no longer even applicable in Europe and may well be the last time it's used in qualifiers in Africa. Cameroon actually beat Algeria. Now, that is a real win.

Why would we fear a team that always struggles against us? I would have preferred an easier team, of course, but that does not mean I fear Ghana.

We have eliminated you from the World Cup more times. Go look at your football history.

In the last 20 years, SE has won 5 games against Ghana. Ghana has won 3 games, and the rest are draws.

We also punish you repeatedly at youth level.

You have more reason to fear Nigeria than we have to fear you.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

At this point, I would say Nigerians do not really fear any African team as we've been able to deal with all comers. The North Africans always gave us headaches in the past but lately, we've been able to handle them.

Since our players started playing in Europe, we caught up with the North African powers.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
aykwes8
Egg
Egg

Post by aykwes8 »

Orion wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:12 pm Both games were actually drawn. You got through on the away goals rule which is no longer even applicable in Europe and may well be the last time it's used in qualifiers in Africa. Cameroon actually beat Algeria. Now, that is a real win.

Why would we fear a team that always struggles against us? I would have preferred an easier team, of course, but that does not mean I fear Ghana.

We have eliminated you from the World Cup more times. Go look at your football history.

In the last 20 years, SE has won 5 games against Ghana. Ghana has won 3 games, and the rest are draws.

We also punish you repeatedly at youth level.

You have more reason to fear Nigeria than we have to fear you.
make no mistake I'm not expecting or asking that you fear Ghana. I'm only sharing the information that Ivory Coast is a team tht Ghana fans fear because of they've been successful against us. As a kid till now every time we have met them in a tournament particularly knock out stage, they have eliminated us or beaten us to a trophy. they are they team i do not wish to face. It's a rivalry but it's more silent lol
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

I won't say fear but any sane Nigerian respects Ghana on the football field.

Wha choo looking at?!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Nigeria respects Ghana but definitely not fear, we just always seems to lack that extra motivation to beat Ghana despite having better quality in most of our encounters, I can't explain what it is, but Ghana always seem to play with that insane burst of determination like their lives depend on it whenever they meet Nigeria...though Ghana has never really bested Nigeria in a world cup qualifier in all our encounters (well we can argue with the exception of this one but you only qualified on away goal rule even though Nigeria had the better goal scoring chances to beat Ghana on both legs).

Now to answer your question, the only country I'll say Nigerians fear which majority won't admit to is Cameroon, even though we have a better head to head record over them, they've always seemed to have the better of us in games that mattered the most (albeit controversially some may argue).
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Tobi17 wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 12:25 am Nigeria respects Ghana but definitely not fear, we just always seems to lack that extra motivation to beat Ghana despite having better quality in most of our encounters, I can't explain what it is, but Ghana always seem to play with that insane burst of determination like their lives depend on it whenever they meet Nigeria...though Ghana has never really bested Nigeria in a world cup qualifier in all our encounters (well we can argue with the exception of this one but you only qualified on away goal rule even though Nigeria had the better goal scoring chances to beat Ghana on both legs).

Now to answer your question, the only country I'll say Nigerians fear which majority won't admit to is Cameroon, even though we have a better head to head record over them, they've always seemed to have the better of us in games that mattered the most (albeit controversially some may argue).
Fear Cameroon? Dude we would have knocked those jokers out. Bamendagoat and co know it.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.