DNQ for WC was a monumental failure!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
DNQ for WC was a monumental failure!

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

I still cannot and refuse to believe that SE will not be in Qatar when the whistle blows in November for the WC. It still doesn’t feel real to me until I actually see it live with my korokoro eyes. Really? How many years of our lives are we going to waste supporting a lost cause? How we got from a favorite to win Afcon and qualify for WC to DNQ and 2nd rd Afcon exit is a film trick I’m having issues with. I mean, what happened to the WC quarter finals at least goal? Some even suggested WC semis but now we won’t even see the opening ceremony. God punish all those who advocated for the firing of Rohr 3 weeks to Afcon. May you all meet the same fate in your work that SE did, the end. Ko ni da fun gbogbo yin patapata. :curse: Ofo le se. :curse: :curse: Atubotan yin oni da. Y’all know y’all selves so just say amen to the curse that I’ve put on ya head and say Amen. :curse: :curse: :curse:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: DNQ for WC was a monumental failure!

Post by Dammy »

Easy bro, I know it's still hurts for those of us that are genuine fans of the SE. I change channels when any advert for the 2022 Qatar WC is on the television.
I just wish the WC could come and go!
There's need to curse anyone, their consciences will deal with them even though they're in denial mode on the forum. I just wish they should keep quiet and stop insulting our intelligence going by their justifications.
I am happy
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

You guys are taking yourselves too seriously, issuing curses, talking about genuine fans...Relax, Nigeria is not the first and wont be the last to not qualify for the world cup, take it easy, get busy with life and enjoy the world cup in November

If all fails, enrol in therapy, Life is worth living
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

And to think that world cup falls on my birthday, would have made for a perfect birthday trip to Qatar.. make I no lie e pain me sha, Nigeria always finds creative ways to disappoint me SMH.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Well I got my refund for my Qatar ticket yesterday. I'll use it for an extra visit to Nigeria to see my parents (I can mow go earlier than the September I planned). Silver linings and all.
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Dammy wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 8:59 am I just wish the WC could come and go!
Me too! I'm disappointed it's all the way in November. :twisted:
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

You're an SE fan and I know it’s hard to see through the pain and anguish of not qualifying. But the people who wanted Rohr fired actually got exactly what they deserved. You reap what you sow.

Since 2018, these SE fans never appreciated Rohr’s achievements. They believe he should have been sacked because he didn’t get to the 2nd round of the WC from a group with Argentina and Croatia. In 2018, Argentina was ranked 5, Croatia 20, Nigeria 48. Yes, you can finish ahead of a higher-ranked team, but that would depend on that team dropping the ball, not you. Yet Rohr should have been sacked because he didn't finish ahead of those teams. Talk about delusion.

Their lack of appreciation and sense of entitlement got them exactly what they deserved.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

WC qualification is not OUR birth right.

Learn to develop your football!!!!
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

I'm not too bothered. We could only score one goal in over 180 minutes of football against Ghana. We didn't deserve to go. in fact I wish we didn't qualify in 2002 and 2010. Truly disgraceful performances at those WCs.

Can't wait to watch Senegal vs Netherlands, Argentina vs Mexico, Belgium vs Croatia and other juicy matches! :thumbs:

Wha choo looking at?!
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Every week there is a new Rohr rant.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

akamoke wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 9:37 am You guys are taking yourselves too seriously, issuing curses, talking about genuine fans...Relax, Nigeria is not the first and wont be the last to not qualify for the world cup, take it easy, get busy with life and enjoy the world cup in November

If all fails, enrol in therapy, Life is worth living
The thing weak me oooo. CIV, Algeria, Nigeria, Italy , Egypt etc aren't going to the WC.. Italy last made it out of the WC group stages in 2006 when they won it .. they've missed back to back worldcups. They've won it 4 times.

So what if we fail to qualify. Grown men crying and still getting emotional. Will us going to the WC put food on your table?

Get a hold of unesefs... we are just fans on the internet shouting left and right. You people take unasefs too seriously, you have zero impacts on how the football in Nigeria works. All we do is watch the football and rant sitting in front of a computer
. Go and enjoy your lives , football is a leisure.

When you get that into your brains you learn to move on.. the funny thing is the WC will come and go . Come 2023 another football tournament..
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 1:37 pm I'm not too bothered. We could only score one goal in over 180 minutes of football against Ghana. We didn't deserve to go. in fact I wish we didn't qualify in 2002 and 2010. Truly disgraceful performances at those WCs.

Can't wait to watch Senegal vs Netherlands, Argentina vs Mexico, Belgium vs Croatia and other juicy matches! :thumbs:
Exactly . The football will be so sweet , we get to watch as neutrals and won't be shaking. I have not enjoyed any SE matches in years . In fact I despise watching us play live. Cannot stand the tension . I am looking forward one useless team losing big ..
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 1:37 pm I'm not too bothered. We could only score one goal in over 180 minutes of football against Ghana. We didn't deserve to go. in fact I wish we didn't qualify in 2002 and 2010. Truly disgraceful performances at those WCs.

Men don’t even remind me of 2002 WC. That was one World Cup I wish we never qualified for. From the federation, to the coach to the useless players we took. At least In 2010 WC Keita red card ruined us. Greece was there for the kill smh.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 1:42 pm

Exactly . The football will be so sweet , we get to watch as neutrals and won't be shaking. I have not enjoyed any SE matches in years . In fact I despise watching us play live. Cannot stand the tension . I am looking forward one useless team losing big ..
Me too!. The team starting with Gh.. will be spelled 3 times

Wha choo looking at?!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

packerland wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 1:47 pm

Men don’t even remind me of 2002 WC. That was one World Cup I wish we never qualified for. From the federation, to the coach to the useless players we took. At least In 2010 WC Keita red card ruined us. Greece was there for the kill smh.
I wish that Greece match could be erased from WC records. I remember turning off the TV when they went ahead 2-1. Don't forget the incredible misses and boneheaded plays by Yakubu and Nsofor in that final match against Korea. Mehn! I'm certain those two WCs took years off my life.

Now I can relax and enjoy correct football in November. :thumbs:

Wha choo looking at?!
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 1:59 pm

I wish that Greece match could be erased from WC records. I remember turning off the TV when they went ahead 2-1. Don't forget the incredible misses and boneheaded plays by Yakubu and Nsofor in that final match against Korea. Mehn! I'm certain those two WCs took years off my life.

As soon as keita swiped his hand across that greek player's face and he fell down clutching his face....I knew we were done and so was Keita's national team career. Yakubu's miss was out of this world. Nsofor, I was not surprised cos he was a headless chicken type of player. Some on this forum called him brainless.

My broda, the manner and who we lost the WC ticket hurts but like you said, I will be watching with no stress. Had we qualified, you knew these 4 things were likely to happen and stress you: 1) we are historically bad in pre-world cup friendlies 2) They would've dropped some players that put in blood & sweat to help us qualify 3) We probably hire an undeserving coach to lead us 4) We embarrass ourselves to the world over unpaid bonuses 5) Give us false hope but eventually lose to a team or teams they had no business losing to. I'm good!
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

2010 was indeed our worst performance ever , even though in 2002 we were bottom of the group, at least we gave it a go in that world cup (2002), In 2010 we had 2 chances to qualify for R16 and we botched it. The Keita red card was not even what killed us, it was the icing on the cake..Getting rid of Amodu and hiring a 419 coach started the trend
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

akamoke wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 3:48 pm

2010 was indeed our worst performance ever , even though in 2002 we were bottom of the group, at least we gave it a go in that world cup (2002), In 2010 we had 2 chances to qualify for R16 and we botched it. The Keita red card was not even what killed us, it was the icing on the cake..Getting rid of Amodu and hiring a 419 coach started the trend
Ha! I forgot the coach too.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

The CLOWNS are telling us there is "life after world cup" and that it "is not our birthright to qualify for WC"

YET THEY ARROGANTLY CLAIMED IT WAS OUR BIRTHRIGHT TO WIN AFCON OR BEAT ARGENTINA AND CROATIA.

What a bunch of disgusting and shameful hypocrites.

Bigpokey should be banned from this forum. Useless parasite.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

vancity eagle wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 4:20 pm The CLOWNS are telling us there is "life after world cup" and that it "is not our birthright to qualify for WC"

YET THEY ARROGANTLY CLAIMED IT WAS OUR BIRTHRIGHT TO WIN AFCON OR BEAT ARGENTINA AND CROATIA.

I totally agree with you!
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Our resident VaNAZI Eagles will show face.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

vancity eagle wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 4:20 pm The CLOWNS are telling us there is "life after world cup" and that it "is not our birthright to qualify for WC"

Phew! I'm happy for you. You got that rant out of the way.
delisyomie don
Egg
Egg

Post by delisyomie don »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 5:01 am I still cannot and refuse to believe that SE will not be in Qatar when the whistle blows in November for the WC. It still doesn’t feel real to me until I actually see it live with my korokoro eyes. Really? How many years of our lives are we going to waste supporting a lost cause? How we got from a favorite to win Afcon and qualify for WC to DNQ and 2nd rd Afcon exit is a film trick I’m having issues with. I mean, what happened to the WC quarter finals at least goal? Some even suggested WC semis but now we won’t even see the opening ceremony. God punish all those who advocated for the firing of Rohr 3 weeks to Afcon. May you all meet the same fate in your work that SE did, the end. Ko ni da fun gbogbo yin patapata. :curse: Ofo le se. :curse: :curse: Atubotan yin oni da. Y’all know y’all selves so just say amen to the curse that I’ve put on ya head and say Amen. :curse: :curse: :curse:
my brother! we all see it coming most of us refuse to accept it ,look all our qualifiers and even nation cup ,silly mistakes,our players are not 100 percent commitment when playing for super eagles but when they play for there clubs is diffrent matter,probably i will do same,and usless NFF looking for world class coach that they dont have money to pay him,we dont need that,keshi and westahoff are not world class but did somthing for Nigeria by mixing home base players plus serious foreign players.
thanks