Nigeria fined $154,000 by FIFA for pitch invasion against Ghana

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria fined $154,000 by FIFA for pitch invasion against Ghana

Post by Enugu II »

Rawlings wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 3:36 am According to a FIFA insider, half of the money, from Naija, will be given to Ghana.

BTW, I was appalled by the terrorism that was displayed by the Naija fans before and after the game
They tortured both our players and fans.
FIFA should have banned Naija from the 2026 world cup. That would have been a fair punishment for the crime
LOL 😆 🤣 😂 half de moni? You tink say na dey moni wey we wan?
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 5:08 pm
Rawlings wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 3:36 am According to a FIFA insider, half of the money, from Naija, will be given to Ghana.

BTW, I was appalled by the terrorism that was displayed by the Naija fans before and after the game
FIFA should have banned Naija from the 2026 world cup. That would have been a fair punishment for the crime
The next time you come here to proclaim you’re Nigerian because your mother is supposedly Nigerian, I will recommend that you be stoned to death, you fraudster 🧐❗️
Cheers.
Nobody can take my "Nigeria-ness" from me.
My mum is from Afuze. I have the right to a Nigerian passport
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

The Ghanaian media went to town with the fake news that rampaging Nigerian fans killed the FIFA doctor from Zambia. They really wanted FIFA to hammer us despite getting the WC ticket.
Why the lies and hatred?
I am happy
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Rawlings wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 4:03 am
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 5:08 pm

The next time you come here to proclaim you’re Nigerian because your mother is supposedly Nigerian, I will recommend that you be stoned to death, you fraudster 🧐❗️
Cheers.
Nobody can take my "Nigeria-ness" from me.
My mum is from Afuze. I have the right to a Nigerian passport
Look at you. Most Ghanaians claim ancestry from their mother. Jerry Rawlings father is Scottish but he is Ghanaian because hii is s mother is Ghanaian. You, on the other hand, are doing the exact opposite. You are clearly fraudulent🤔🤐❗️

Cheers.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

:sad: Add this to the money for Gernot Rohr and :veryangry:
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Lolly wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 12:24 pm
jette1 wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 3:21 am
Lolly wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 11:55 am
jette1 wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 11:14 pm
Dammy wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 8:50 pm
jette1 wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 7:05 pm All these talk about we got away with a slap on the wrist is nothing short of grandiosity and abdication of your rights. in fact go back and watch the video again and see that too much ado was being made about nothing and yes rightly so because pitch invasion was not expected even though pitch invasion at end of games isn’t an unusual around the world. In context fifa I’m sure saw a bunch of teenagers harmlessly running around in social contagion, didn’t assault anyone . Yes they tore down the cheap reserve bench with clearly and disgracefully no bucket seats as is the standard for a stadium of that magnitude. Where is Ghana's fine for passively endangering our players lives in failure to provide adequate disembarkment device at the Kumasi airport, was that a lesser danger than a bunch of harmless teenagers running around an empty Abuja stadium pitch after the game. Negligence is negligence whether at Kumasi airport or Abuja stadium. And did fifa or any right thinking person expect stadium pitch perimeter security personal to open fire on the invaders ? Because I’m sure you mugus would have been the first to say you don’t shoot people for mere pitch invasion. The security did the right best thing for not making matters worst. You should be applauding our security whom we often accuse of high handedness. This is a case of where fifa regardless found themselves between a rock and hard place hence needed to do something for window dressing or they be accused of looking the other way
I thought I was the only one who.noticed that they were just running around the pitch and not assaulting anyone. They kicked down the reserve benches but didn't do any damage to the stadium.
The fine IMO is excessive. That's 3 months salary for our new coach o! FIFA biko
Abeg thank you seeing through the white noise: in fact the fine was even invited by us toeing and echoing those foreign narrative. Match don’t finish players were exiting pitch, emotion was tense and adults were going home to their wives and family, teens were running around not molesting no one. Our females teams already played 2 matches there after the fiasco proving nothing happened
You obviously don’t have a clue what happened at the stadium that night. Your comments are based on a very short video clip.

Our “fans” went on a rampage, throwing objects at both visiting fans and Ghanaian players, invaded the pitch and smashed up property and clashed with police in and outside the stadium. What you saw in your 2 minutes clip was over an hour of mayhem especially outside. Let’s thank God no lives were lost.

Meanwhile, Mexico had a 2-match stadium ban plus approximately $100k fine for ordinary anti-gay chants in sections of their stadium.
So 1hour or 2 hours mayhem outside the stadium as you narrated is now a fifa responsibility in your own eyes. Isn’t that interference in the internal affairs of Nigeria. What has rioting on the streets of abuja got to do with fifa?
You obviously didn’t understand my post. By the way, I said “in and outside the stadium”, not on the streets of Abuja.
I totally get you; if it happened outside the stadium that’s pretty much street of abuja
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."