Mass.relegation of SE players from Epl

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Mass.relegation of SE players from Epl

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Troost, Kalu, Denis, Bashiru, even Okoye have in absencia have all been removed from the Epl and dumped into the championship. Etebo was also a part of. Watford but he returns to the championship anyway. Hopefully, Iwobi survuves wuth Everton or we could be looking at the wiorst season for our players in the league for a long time. Maybe this actually turns out to be a blessing and it causes us to face reality.

Another project touted by the Bigturkey has failed miserably. He was wrong on SE at Afcon, WC qualifiers and now Watford has exposed him and a loser extraordinaire. Smdh!
OCCUPY NFF!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Re: Mass.relegation of SE players from Epl

Post by Tobi17 »

The worst part of it all is that the captain of our national team sits on the bench in a team that just got relegated to the championship...we really need a thorough and pragmatic assessment and clean up of our football at all levels.
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

I think the real tragedy is that:

1. They really are the best we have
2. Too many of us are in denial about that

We are just not blessed with outstanding footballing talent any more.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

waka-man wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 9:30 pm I think the real tragedy is that:

And Ghana is ?

Abeg we have plenty of talent. Maybe not world class talent, but plenty of good talent.

Let's find a coach who doesn't ignore the midfield, and who isn't interested in the NFF nonsense of forcing long expired junks like Musa and Shehu on the team, and we will be FINE.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

All are very good ballers and will bounce back
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 7:24 pm Troost, Kalu, Denis, Bashiru, even Okoye have in absencia have all been removed from the Epl and dumped into the championship. Etebo was also a part of. Watford but he returns to the championship anyway. Hopefully, Iwobi survuves wuth Everton or we could be looking at the wiorst season for our players in the league for a long time. Maybe this actually turns out to be a blessing and it causes us to face reality.

Another project touted by the Bigturkey has failed miserably. He was wrong on SE at Afcon, WC qualifiers and now Watford has exposed him and a loser extraordinaire. Smdh!
Watford was CURSED by Nigerians when it refused to release Emmanuel Dennis for AFCON... :woot:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Chai.. :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

vancity eagle wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 9:52 pm

And Ghana is ?

Abeg we have plenty of talent. Maybe not world class talent, but plenty of good talent.

Let's find a coach who doesn't ignore the midfield, and who isn't interested in the NFF nonsense of forcing long expired junks like Musa and Shehu on the team, and we will be FINE.
Which one carry Ghana enter inside? Ghana are a piss poor team that will disgrace Africa at the WC.

Even compared to our recent past, this is mediocre generation. I mean, Troost-Ekong is our captain.

Nigeria will bounce back some day, but with Iheanacho having proved a dud, Samu just a decent pacey winger and Ndidi stagnant and unambitious, for the foreseeable future Nigerians will be reliant entirely on Victor Osimhen for any hopes of watching a Nigerian being named among the very best.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

waka-man wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 12:43 amWhich one carry Ghana enter inside? Ghana are a piss poor team that will disgrace Africa at the WC.

Even compared to our recent past, this is mediocre generation. I mean, Troost-Ekong is our captain.

Nigeria will bounce back some day, but with Iheanacho having proved a dud, Samu just a decent pacey winger and Ndidi stagnant and unambitious, for the foreseeable future Nigerians will be reliant entirely on Victor Osimhen for any hopes of watching a Nigerian being named among the very best.
He's our captain SOLELY because of seniority, not a reflection of relative talent or capability...
The SE has become like the Nigerian civil service. If you hang on long enough, you get promoted. :oops:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

hmmm captaincy na only by talent ? ok o
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

:thumbs:

And Ghana is ?

...you will never find a respectable coach to do that kind your bidding. Clean your yeye FA house first.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 7:24 pm Troost, Kalu, Denis, Bashiru, even Okoye have in absencia have all been removed from the Epl and dumped into the championship. Etebo was also a part of. Watford but he returns to the championship anyway. Hopefully, Iwobi survuves wuth Everton or we could be looking at the wiorst season for our players in the league for a long time. Maybe this actually turns out to be a blessing and it causes us to face reality.

...championship division is as good as any other top league in Europe, let them go there prove themselves, and help their club get promotion.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Siddonlook11 wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 3:15 am hmmm captaincy na only by talent ? ok o
Captaincy na ONLY by seniority? Ok...o! Typical Nigerian Dobale mentality... :P

If you are having comprehension difficulties, the point was that Troost-Ekong is captain because he's the most senior, not the most talented as being imputed. Accordingly, the fact that Troost-Ekong is captain does NOT indicate a lack of talent in the SE squad, because the SE's captaincy has now become SOLELY decided on the basis of seniority (irregardless of whether one agrees with that singular criterion or not) and is not based on talent (or competency) available in the squad.

Meanwhile, even if seniority is to be a factor (and personally I believe it should be), it should NOT be the SOLE (or overriding) factor. Mikel, Keshi, Chukwu, etc., were great SE skippers without being the most senior players on the squad. The SE's captaincy should not be akin to the Nigerian civil service - an arena where performance and competency take the backseat to seniority. So long as you are alive, you get promoted - even if all you do in the office is eat Boli and groundnuts.
Last edited by Gotti on Sun May 08, 2022 6:09 am, edited 4 times in total.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

mcal wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 3:28 am...championship division is as good as any other top league in Europe, let them go there prove themselves, and help their club get promotion.
It is not, and even the English themselves have quit peddling that BS...
It probably PAYS as well as many European top divisions, but the quality of football is bang average!
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Enough said.

But we still have enough talent to compete at AFCON. The World Cup is on another level where we would struggle to make an impression.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Lolly wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 6:13 am

Enough said.

But we still have enough talent to compete at AFCON. The World Cup is on another level where we would struggle to make an impression.
But you can't go to the WC without first qualifying from Africa. Anybody can compete at Afcon. Comoros and Maritania both competed at Afcon.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 6:16 am
Lolly wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 6:13 am

Enough said.

But you can't go to the WC without first qualifying from Africa. Anybody can compete at Afcon. Comoros and Maritania both competed at Afcon.
I meant compete for the title or medals. Those you listed don’t even get there the semis.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Gotti wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 5:43 am
mcal wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 3:28 am...championship division is as good as any other top league in Europe, let them go there prove themselves, and help their club get promotion.
It probably PAYS as well as many European top divisions, but the quality of football is bang average!
...I'll say they are.
Given the championship clubs compete against the premier league clubs for those 'general' cups they play, and we have seen what happen sometimes. Anyways, they playing in championship will sharpen them and probably open up windows to pl clubs.
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

And Ghana is ?

I tire oh! Even after we lost to the less talented Ghanaian and Tunisian players. This rubbish Rohr started needs to stop! We need a good coach, period!
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Gotti wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 10:46 pm

Watford was CURSED by Nigerians when it refused to release Emmanuel Dennis for AFCON... :woot:
… then Nigeria cursed herself by turning around and including Dennis in the playoff squad🤔❗️

Cheers.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 2:30 pm
Gotti wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 10:46 pm

… then Nigeria cursed herself by turning around and including Dennis in the playoff squad🤔❗️

Cheers.
Everton were cartwheeling into relegation before AFCON. After AFCON, they started sprinting towards relegation. The one who is cursed is the family that owns Watford & Udinese. They have no patience with the coaches they hire.

Dennis is a baller but no serious coach would’ve included him in the Ghana match after that crap he pulled. The coach of Morocco had the balls to exclude Ziyech knowing that failure will cost him his job. Now they’re going to the WC.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

mcal wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 1:18 pm
Gotti wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 5:43 am
...I'll say they are.
Given the championship clubs compete against the premier league clubs for those 'general' cups they play, and we have seen what happen sometimes. Anyways, they playing in championship will sharpen them and probably open up windows to pl clubs.
Not at their current ages. If you’re 20 to 22 in the championship, you have lots of room to grow and improve. At 24 and above, most coaches will feel you’ve run out of time unless you are immensely talented. Our guys are talented but not immensely talented🤔🙂❗️

Cheers.