FIFA Throws Out Gernot Rohr's Claims but NFF to Pay Owed Sum.......

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
FIFA Throws Out Gernot Rohr's Claims but NFF to Pay Owed Sum.......

Post by Enugu II »

FIFA throws out Gernot Rohr claims over $1 million payout, orders NFF to settle his salaries
Franco-German tactician sees case thrown out by FIFA after months
https://sportsration.com/fifa-throws-ou ... s-salaries
Photo of Salahudeen Sulayman Salahudeen Sulayman8 seconds ago0 0 1 minute read

Former Super Eagles Head Coach Gernot Rohr has dragged the Nigerian Football Federation (NFF) to the governing body of World football FIFA over the manner of the termination of his contract with the West African nation.

Rohr was disengaged by the top brass of Nigerian football in the build-up to the 2021 Africa Cup of Nations in Cameroon due to a perceived lack of trust in him and a feeling of discontent among the decision-makers.
The Franco-German tactician was relieved of his duties in November 2021 and proceeded to file a case before FIFA shortly afterwards. He wanted a compensation of $1 million, with the full amount to be paid in US Dollars as against the terms of his contract, which stated that he would be paid in Nigerian Naira. He also requested that the full legal cost he incurred be paid by NFF and that NFF be sanctioned for the way he was treated.

On April 21st 2022, FIFA revealed their judgement on the case and all of the requests made by Gernot Rohr were denied. The governing body, however, instructed NFF to compensate the former coach with six months salary amounting to $350,000 for the unjust termination of his contract. According to renowned sports journalist Tobi Adepoju, this sum had been paid prior to Rohr filing the case.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: FIFA Throws Out Gernot Rohr's Claims but NFF to Pay Owed Sum.......

Post by bushboy »

Nice retirement check.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

I hope those that wanted to raise funds on Gofundme to pay his severance are still willing to do the same for NFF to pay judgement. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Tobi and VE I think wanted to donate. Oya donate naw. :laugh: I
Last edited by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA on Mon May 09, 2022 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 7:13 pm I hope those that wanted tobraise funds on Gofundme to pay his severance are will to do the same for NFF to pay judgement. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Tobi and VE I think wanted to donate. Oya donate naw. :laugh:
LOL. Well, the rumor is that Gernot Rohr has been paid shortly after he filed the case and before this was released. However, I cannot testify that story's truth.
Last edited by Enugu II on Mon May 09, 2022 10:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 7:13 pm I hope those that wanted tobraise funds on Gofundme to pay his severance are will to do the same for NFF to pay judgement. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Tobi and VE I think wanted to donate. Oya donate naw. :laugh:
Never mind I changed my mind about the Gofundme, I just did a family tree check and found out that Rohr is a distant Uncle to me from my father's side (don't ask me how that happened), I know my senior Uncle won't forget me...we must enjoy that dollar together :thumbs:
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...it pays to be oyinbo.
Can you imagine a Nigerian coach going to fifa and getting an equitable judgement? nah, never.
You stick your neck where you don't belong you get burnt.
But Nigeria never learn their lesson as they are hiring another oyinbo.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

I am quite sure there lots of CEs who are unhappy that FIFA didn’t throw down the hammer on the NFF🤔❗️

Cheers.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 11:07 pm I am quite sure there lots of CEs who are unhappy that FIFA didn’t throw down the hammer on the NFF🤔❗️

Cheers.
I’m one of them, was hoping for a cool $1 but $378k is a hammer for a broke azz organization like the Nff. :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 11:07 pm I am quite sure there lots of CEs who are unhappy that FIFA didn’t throw down the hammer on the NFF🤔❗️

Cheers.
...yep, they could have seriously. But would they ever learn? nah!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: the b45t4rd continues to lose! No Mali, No Money!! :lol: :lol:

lets keep waiting for the b45st4rd to find work :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
asabatex
Egg
Egg

Post by asabatex »

Emir Kongi... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers.