2021/2022 Spurs Season: PL - 4th; ECL - GP STG; FAC - RD 5; CC - SM

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2021/2022 Spurs Season: [PL] TOT v ARS [WK 36]

Post by Cito »

Spurs won their trophy, now a draw against Burley and Norwich will round up the successful season.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

This makes the race for top 4 even more interesting.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Excellent win. Great result. Holding is a thug. Next up Burnley - let's keep it going.
chopachop
Egg
Egg

Post by chopachop »

Two poor teams that flatter to deceive.
Nice to have media and a following that easily
digest the fake news they are fed with. Yeah, pool is the strongest team in Europe making it to the CK final beating almighty inter, benefica and villareal. WC year England big favorites as usual. Nice to have a media indeed,
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

REST IN PEACE COACH STEPHEN KESHI!!! REST IN PEACE COACH AMODU SHAIBU!!!
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

I have my ticket to attend the Burnley match. It will be my first time ever to watch a PL match so I am super pumped.
2 of the finest indigenous coaches Nigeria ever had lost in a space of 4 days. Dear Lord, is this a sign that you are taking away from us what we failed to appreciate? I pray for forgiveness of our sins. I pray for the humility to recognize our wrongs and the humbleness and wisdom to right our ways.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Its a Goal wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 3:35 am I have my ticket to attend the Burnley match. It will be my first time ever to watch a PL match so I am super pumped.
Have a great time, IAG.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Spurs need to be wary of Burnley, there is something about Spurs that makes me worry for them. They played a huge game against Arsenal, but as is there tradition, they will go into a game like Burnley and start panting like a man on life support machine. They have it in their hands now, let us see what they will do with it.

As for Arsenal, they face two tricky games. They have it would seem on Ben White, i am not sure he is fully fit, it would seem the reason Arteta was afraid to risk him against Spurs has to do with these two games. It would seem Arteta has calculated that he is willing to lose to Spurs but not lose Ben in the process. Seems he was keeping him for the last two crucial games.

But fate has conspired against the team, Holding is out, Gabriel is out (unless he recovers before Monday). So he only has Ben White as the natural center half, with Tomi or Xhaka to pair with him. Against Wilson, Chris Wood or even Joelington, i think Arsenal have an uphill task securing the 4th position.

Butthen there remains the surprise element, that is why we love this game!
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

oloye wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 12:28 pm Spurs need to be wary of Burnley, there is something about Spurs that makes me worry for them. They played a huge game against Arsenal, but as is there tradition, they will go into a game like Burnley and start panting like a man on life support machine. They have it in their hands now, let us see what they will do with it.

As for Arsenal, they face two tricky games. They have it would seem on Ben White, i am not sure he is fully fit, it would seem the reason Arteta was afraid to risk him against Spurs has to do with these two games. It would seem Arteta has calculated that he is willing to lose to Spurs but not lose Ben in the process. Seems he was keeping him for the last two crucial games.

But fate has conspired against the team, Holding is out, Gabriel is out (unless he recovers before Monday). So he only has Ben White as the natural center half, with Tomi or Xhaka to pair with him. Against Wilson, Chris Wood or even Joelington, i think Arsenal have an uphill task securing the 4th position.

Butthen there remains the surprise element, that is why we love this game!
Walahi. One would hope that they turn up for that game. Pochettino learnt it the painful way in that Leicester season.
Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Cristao II wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 6:28 am
Its a Goal wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 3:35 am I have my ticket to attend the Burnley match. It will be my first time ever to watch a PL match so I am super pumped.
Have a great time, IAG.
Thanks mate :thumb:

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 2021/2022 Spurs Season: [PL] TOT v BUR [WK 37]

Post by Its a Goal »

Unfortunately my trip to the Tottenham Stadium has to stay a bit longer. Tested + for Coro so made the Global Citizen decision to hold off and not impact other people with it.

Let's go Spurs.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Essentially the same team played on Thursday starts again today except Kulu was benched for Moura. This is only rotation that Conte feels comfortable making when tweaking with the team. The lads all the best today.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Damn, Antonio Conte just revealed there was a bug that went round the team. That as much as 4 players were affected and Kulu was one of them hence why he is on the bench and could barely make it at all.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Just a reminder, this is the final home game of the season.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Tottenham pressing from all corners in the early start to the match.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

This is going to be a match requiring tons of patience as Burnley will defend deep and not leave so many gaps.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Moura with a lovely turn outside the 18 and fires for a corner kick.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Son almost caught Pope out in the corner of the goal.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Kane couldn't find the power to head the ball past Pope.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Davies fires straight at Pope.

Its a Goal
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Its a Goal »

Damn, Kane header was going in until it got knocked away by a defender for a corner.