I said it before, and I'll say it again

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tobi17
Egg
Egg
I said it before, and I'll say it again

Post by Tobi17 »

Yes it's just Sao Tome, but it wasn't TOO LONG AGO when we huffed, puffed and barely beat teams of this level of opposition.

Let's not forget our humble beginnings ooo :taunt:
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: I said it before, and I'll say it again

Post by 1naija »

Didn't we huff and puff against Sierra Leone last week?
Tobi17 wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 4:08 pm Yes it's just Sao Tome, but it wasn't TOO LONG AGO when we huffed, puffed and barely beat teams of this level of opposition.

The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Tobi17 wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 4:08 pm Yes it's just Sao Tome, but it wasn't TOO LONG AGO when we huffed, puffed and barely beat teams of this level of opposition.

We dont play teams this level too often tbh.

Last time it was against Seychelles.

3-1 and 3-0.

So yes while this team is piss poor, going from 3-0 to 10-0 is a tremendous improvement.

Peseiro is THE TRUTH. And I said it before this match.

The pressing, the movement, the passing, the simplicity. We will go places. I'm already predicting an afcon win in 2023. You heard it first.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

vancity eagle wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 4:14 pm

3-1 and 3-0.

So yes while this team is piss poor, going from 3-0 to 10-0 is a tremendous improvement.

The pressing, the movement, the passing, the simplicity. We will go places. I'm already predicting an afcon win in 2023. You heard it first.
I hope your prediction comes to light, VE
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

3-1 and 3-0.

They may not pay the man and things will fall apart.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

1naija wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 4:10 pm Didn't we huff and puff against Sierra Leone last week?

Sierra Leone is actually a very decent side so I wouldn't consider them minnows, any top 3 team in Africa will struggle against them.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

3-1 and 3-0.

KPOM,

I don't really care about the piss poor team we played, to be honest I wasn't even expecting a beat down of this nature...was leaning more towards a scrappy 3-0 win but definitely not this.

My biggest takeaway was how we played,, our press and counter press, passing, movement and even the crosses were a joy to watch. Surely Peseiro has earned his stripes, once he adds few more quality players to this team, I'm more than certain we will forget our world cup woes in no time.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

On second look Sao Tome is not actually as bad as I thought. Look at their results from 2021 afcon qualifying.

Ghana 3 Sao Tome 1
Sao Tome 0 Ghana 1
S. Africa 2 Sao Tome 0
Sao Tome 2 S. Africa 4

Neither SA or Ghana beat them by more than 2 goals in 2 attempts.

They were beaten 4-0 by Sudan in the same group.

But this team is not nearly as bad as Seychelles. Thos achievement today is actually more impressive than I initially thought.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

more results from Sao Tome. They didn't suddenly become this useless overnight

Guinea Bissau 2 Sao Tome 1 2019
Sao Tome 0 Guinea Bissau 1 2019
Uganda 3 Sao Tome 1 2018
Cameroon 2 Sao Tome 0 2017
Sao Tome 0 Cameroon 2
Madagascar 3 Sao Tome 2 2017
Sao Tome 0 Madagascar 1 2017
Morocco 2 Sao Tome 0 2016
Sao Tome 1 Cape Verde 2 2016
Last edited by vancity eagle on Mon Jun 13, 2022 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

3-1 and 3-0.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
surfry surfry bigger guns are on the horizon.
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

I remember Madagascar claiming they are in Africa's elite after beating Naija 2-0
My point:
  • The first good result is a "happenstaien"
    A second consecutive good result is a coincidence
    A third consecutive good result is a pattern.. now u can celebrate
Naija people, when will u learn?
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
Aswani
Egg
Egg

Post by Aswani »

Rawlings wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 5:59 pm I remember Madagascar claiming they are in Africa's elite after beating Naija 2-0
My point:
  • The first good result is a "happenstaien"
    A second consecutive good result is a coincidence
    A third consecutive good result is a pattern.. now u can celebrate
Naija people, when will u learn?
How dare Madagascar, they need to play and not lose to Comoros first before making such outlandish claims as being one of Africa's elite!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

You are calling them a decent side because we "huffed and puffed" against them.
Tobi17 wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 4:27 pm
1naija wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 4:10 pm Didn't we huff and puff against Sierra Leone last week?

Sierra Leone is actually a very decent side so I wouldn't consider them minnows, any top 3 team in Africa will struggle against them.
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

The pitch was good. When they come to Abuja we will barely score 3 goals. Mark my words.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

1naija wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 6:17 pm You are calling them a decent side because we "huffed and puffed" against them.
Tobi17 wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 4:27 pm

Did you watch them play at the recent AFCON?
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

You notice Ekong missing in the defense and kept a clean sheet.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

bushboy wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 6:25 pm The pitch was good. When they come to Abuja we will barely score 3 goals. Mark my words.
sure! Even if we lose to them, na your shelenge be that! Looks like this result really pained you well well! Let it hurt your black soul! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: we won 10-0! cry all you want, wont change the result. :taunt: :lol:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Benedict Iroha wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:11 pm You notice Ekong missing in the defense and kept a clean sheet.
That Tottenham reject is finished. Even at his prime, he was at best a div 2 level player. Hopefully, he will be replaced in the squad, and so will Balogun.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

danfo driver wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:39 pm
Benedict Iroha wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:11 pm You notice Ekong missing in the defense and kept a clean sheet.
That Tottenham reject is finished. Even at his prime, he was at best a div 2 level player. Hopefully, he will be replaced in the squad, and so will Balogun.
With those 2 at the back (ekong & balogun) we can't play out of the back which is a big hinderance for a team that needs possession to thrive. I was happy to see Bassey playing CB today (it crossed my mind more than once before today). In order to maximize the strengths of our best players consistently, the team needs to be able to comfortably play out of the back.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Sao Tome bro.

wait till at least Guinea Bissau before you make such insinuations.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

STFU
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

STFU
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Let's wait a little bit on this Bassey at CD oo. The way that little Ghananese man blew past him in Kumasi and Abuja and the way he was lefts gasping for air against Ecuador and how he was left stranded by the Sierra Leone players makes me want to exercise caution.
green4life wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:49 pm
With those 2 at the back (ekong & balogun) we can't play out of the back which is a big hinderance for a team that needs possession to thrive. I was happy to see Bassey playing CB today (it crossed my mind more than once before today). In order to maximize the strengths of our best players consistently, the team needs to be able to comfortably play out of the back.