I said it before, and I'll say it again

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: I said it before, and I'll say it again

Post by 1naija »

The one they didn't win any game? Yes I did.
Tobi17 wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 6:34 pm
1naija wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 6:17 pm You are calling them a decent side because we "huffed and puffed" against them.
Tobi17 wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 4:27 pm
1naija wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 4:10 pm Didn't we huff and puff against Sierra Leone last week?
Tobi17 wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 4:08 pm Yes it's just Sao Tome, but it wasn't TOO LONG AGO when we huffed, puffed and barely beat teams of this level of opposition.

Let's not forget our humble beginnings ooo :taunt:
Sierra Leone is actually a very decent side so I wouldn't consider them minnows, any top 3 team in Africa will struggle against them.
Did you watch them play at the recent AFCON?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

vancity eagle wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 5:32 pm On second look Sao Tome is not actually as bad as I thought. Look at their results from 2021 afcon qualifying.

Ghana 3 Sao Tome 1
Sao Tome 0 Ghana 1
S. Africa 2 Sao Tome 0
Sao Tome 2 S. Africa 4

Neither SA or Ghana beat them by more than 2 goals in 2 attempts.

They were beaten 4-0 by Sudan in the same group.

But this team is not nearly as bad as Seychelles. Thos achievement today is actually more impressive than I initially thought.
Their squad is actually made up of professional players from the lower leagues in Portugal, France, Poland, with a few players at the top league in Portugal.
So it's not a squad of bin men, postal workers, lorry drivers etc
I am happy
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Dammy wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 12:15 am
vancity eagle wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 5:32 pm On second look Sao Tome is not actually as bad as I thought. Look at their results from 2021 afcon qualifying.

Ghana 3 Sao Tome 1
Sao Tome 0 Ghana 1
S. Africa 2 Sao Tome 0
Sao Tome 2 S. Africa 4

But this team is not nearly as bad as Seychelles. Thos achievement today is actually more impressive than I initially thought.
Their squad is actually made up of professional players from the lower leagues in Portugal, France, Poland, with a few players at the top league in Portugal.
...so what happened to them today?
Their players' placements is equivalent to our boys. Many in lower league, on the bench, or some backward leagues.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

mcal wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 12:31 am

Ghana 3 Sao Tome 1
Sao Tome 0 Ghana 1
S. Africa 2 Sao Tome 0
Sao Tome 2 S. Africa 4

...so what happened to them today?
Their players' placements is equivalent to our boys. Many in lower league, on the bench, or some backward leagues.
Pizzaro hapun!!!
Goalgetter
Egg
Egg

Post by Goalgetter »

Ghana 3 Sao Tome 1
Sao Tome 0 Ghana 1
S. Africa 2 Sao Tome 0
Sao Tome 2 S. Africa 4

Lol Tahiti scored against Nigeria. Go figure! Peseiro’s discipline and not letting the players get complacent like the typical Nigerian teams, certainly was responsible for the display today. No question about that. Never in our lifetime have a Nigerian team performed like this. And please don’t say “it’s São Tomé.” We played a bunch of amateurs and part-timers from Tahiti - and conceded a goal due to lack of discipline and unprofessionalism.
Are you saying that things you do not know, do not exist, just because you do not know that they exist?
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Let's not get carried away folks. If England, Germany or France beat San Marino 10-0 nobody would believe it was because they have arrived or expect them to win the WC. It's a good result but doesn't change the task ahead for SE.

We're a 2nd tier African team that needs to keep making the team better. Only thing we won today was 3pts. Let's be focused.
OCCUPY NFF!!
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Tobi17 wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 4:08 pm Yes it's just Sao Tome, but it wasn't TOO LONG AGO when we huffed, puffed and barely beat teams of this level of opposition.

Name a team you think is that level of opposition that we huffed and puffed against. I hope you won’t say Madagascar because they’re not in the same class (102 vs 183 Fifa ranking❗️

Cheers.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:55 am

Name a team you think is that level of opposition that we huffed and puffed against. I hope you won’t say Madagascar because they’re not in the same class (102 vs 183 Fifa ranking❗️

Cheers.
I won't use FIFA rankings as a metric because they tend to underrate African sides. Especially the lesser sides. Horribly underrated.

I posted elsewhere look at Sao Tome recent results. In the past 5 years they have played Morocco, S. Africa, Ghana, Cameroon twice each.

I'm those 8 matches their worst loss was 3-0 to Morocco. None of Cameroon, Ghana, S. AFrica beat them by more than 2 goals after 2 matches. Let that sink in.

We beat them by 10

Morocco beat them by 3 and 2
S. Africa beat them by 2 and 2
Ghana beat them by 1 and 2
Cameroon beat them by 2 and 2

Believe me those are not the results of a team ranked #183
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

vancity eagle wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:35 am

Cheers.
I won't use FIFA rankings as a metric because they tend to underrate African sides. Especially the lesser sides. Horribly underrated.

I posted elsewhere look at Sao Tome recent results. In the past 5 years they have played Morocco, S. Africa, Ghana, Cameroon twice each.

I'm those 8 matches their worst loss was 3-0 to Morocco. None of Cameroon, Ghana, S. AFrica beat them by more than 2 goals after 2 matches. Let that sink in.

We beat them by 10

Their low ranking is because they stop playing international football at different intervals. In the most recent period, they didn't play any international football for 8 years!
I am happy
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Cheers.

We beat them by 10

You don’t get medals for hanging tough. This is only the second time in their entire history that they’ve qualified for the AFCON qualifiers. They have a losing record against just about every African team except, maybe, Seychelles. They’re nothing to write home about really. They got hammered 5:1 by Guinea-Bissau, the 115th ranked team in the world. Chances are when the qualifiers resume, they’ll get hammered by Sierra-Leone too🙂❗️

Cheers.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:59 am

Cheers.

We beat them by 10

You don’t get medals for hanging tough. This is only the second time in their entire history that they’ve qualified for the AFCON qualifiers. They have a losing record against just about every African team except, maybe, Seychelles. They’re nothing to write home about really. They got hammered 5:1 by Guinea-Bissau, the 115th ranked team in the world. Chances are when the qualifiers resume, they’ll get hammered by Sierra-Leone too🙂❗️

Cheers.
We have struggled against teams like Lesotho, Swaziland, and Seychelles...these are teams just at the same level with or barely better than Sao Tome.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Cheers.
TTTK

We recently lost AT HOME to Central Africa!! That was a team that previous failed to win in 10 games before meeting Nigeria. You cannot forget that so soon. Please do not.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Tony the Alex of Madagascar Killer, we lost to Ecuador whom we are ranked 16 positions higher than. Why?
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:59 am

Cheers.

We beat them by 10

Cheers.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Enugu II wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 12:51 pm

Cheers.
TTTK

We recently lost AT HOME to Central Africa!! That was a team that previous failed to win in 10 games before meeting Nigeria. You cannot forget that so soon. Please do not.
EII

CAR and São Tomé are not on the same level. They are ranked higher than Sierra Leone. Upsets happen in football but that’s not an excuse to jubilate unduly for beating the worst team in the qualifiers. Let’s see how we perform against Guinea Bissau who are several notches above Sierra Leone and São Tomé❗️

Cheers.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:07 pm

Cheers.
TTTK

EII

CAR and São Tomé are not on the same level. They are ranked higher than Sierra Leone. Upsets happen in football but that’s not an excuse to jubilate unduly for beating the worst team in the qualifiers. Let’s see how we perform against Guinea Bissau who are several notches above Sierra Leone and São Tomé❗️

Cheers.
How is CAR or Guinea Bissau ranked higher than Sierra Leone??? You wildin, we saw both GB and Sierra Leone at the recent ANC, Salone looked much better than the GB that we beat easily with our second team.

Also we have gotten used to playing DOWN to the opposition, this was a welcomed breath of fresh air with us being professional and exerting our dominance against sub par competition.

http://en.fifaranking.net/caf/ranking.php

Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

maceo4 wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:53 pm

Cheers.
TTTK

EII

Cheers.
How is CAR or Guinea Bissau ranked higher than Sierra Leone??? You wildin, we saw both GB and Sierra Leone at the recent ANC, Salone looked much better than the GB that we beat easily with our second team.

Also we have gotten used to playing DOWN to the opposition, this was a welcomed breath of fresh air with us being professional and exerting our dominance against sub par competition.

Stop being melodramatic😂
Yesterday in Sierra Leone:
Sierra Leone 2:2 Guinea Bissau

Yeah right, SL is so much better than GB🤣🤣🤣

The truth is that all 3 teams are at about the same level, way above São Tomé and quite capable of upsetting Nigeria. So, enough with that playing down to the opposition crap. There are very few teams in Africa that can be brushed aside easily. We faced one of them yesterday and we aren’t going to have it that easy going forward❗️

Cheers.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:19 pm
maceo4 wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:53 pm

Cheers.
TTTK

EII

Cheers.

Stop being melodramatic😂
Yesterday in Sierra Leone:
Sierra Leone 2:2 Guinea Bissau

Yeah right, SL is so much better than GB🤣🤣🤣

The truth is that all 3 teams are at about the same level, way above São Tomé and quite capable of upsetting Nigeria. So, enough with that playing down to the opposition crap. There are very few teams in Africa that can be brushed aside easily. We faced one of them yesterday and we aren’t going to have it that easy going forward❗️

Cheers.
What are you even laughing about, you keep saying factually incorrect things and then laughing when called out about it. It takes a second to google before typing fallacies, haba…Seychelles is ranked lower than all the teams in our group go google how many we scored on them in our previous meetings…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!