Why was Sanusi unattentive?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Why was Sanusi unattentive?

Post by Enugu II »

I do not know if you noticed two times in that second half when it appeared Sanusi was unattentive failing to control harmless passes from Iwobi with no opponent nearby. I was surprised that we gave up possession in such circumstances. I felt he may not have fully focused given the opponent but not sure. Are there other ideas?
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Why was Sanusi unattentive?

Post by 1naija »

:???: :???: :???: :???: :???: :???:

What da.... :veryangry: :veryangry: :mad: :???: :???: :???:

Enugu II wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 1:37 pm I do not know if you noticed two times in that second half when it appeared Sanusi was unattentive failing to control harmless passes from Iwobi with no opponent nearby. I was surprised that we gave up possession in such circumstances. I felt he may not have fully focused given the opponent but not sure. Are there other ideas?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

1naija wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 1:43 pm :???: :???: :???: :???: :???: :???:

What da.... :veryangry: :veryangry: :mad: :???: :???: :???:

Enugu II wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 1:37 pm I do not know if you noticed two times in that second half when it appeared Sanusi was unattentive failing to control harmless passes from Iwobi with no opponent nearby. I was surprised that we gave up possession in such circumstances. I felt he may not have fully focused given the opponent but not sure. Are there other ideas?
1naija

We are x-raying minute details. Did you not notice those? Abeg, I hope you watched the game.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

I really don't know what happened to him yesterday. He looked really lethargic in the first hour of the match. I remember even hearing the coach yell at him in the first half to move with the ball. He just received passes and stood at the same spot making short and easy passes to the nearest player. No movement and the body language just didn't look right.

Lets hope he gets a good ticking off from the coaches. There are people who want to play if he can't be bothered to put in the effort.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Lolly wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:05 pm
I really don't know what happened to him yesterday. He looked really lethargic in the first hour of the match. I remember even hearing the coach yell at him in the first half to move with the ball. He just received passes and stood at the same spot making short and easy passes to the nearest player. No movement and the body language just didn't look right.

Lets hope he gets a good ticking off from the coaches. There are people who want to play if he can't be bothered to put in the effort.
Lolly

Yea, I thought I was the only one who noticed that something was amiss with him. I thought it was crazy that he failed to control two passes from Iwobi without any opponent near him. He simply gave up two throw-ins. It was uncharacteristic for him to make such kindergarten errors.
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

He was probably processing all the English clubs apparently fighting over him right now.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

EBUEHI is a more attacking minded back. EGU is to blame for playing sanusi ahead of him in last Afcon and we know all know what it takes to lose a position in a merit devoid environment
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

jette1 wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 5:48 pm EBUEHI is a more attacking minded back. EGU is to blame for playing sanusi ahead of him in last Afcon and we know all know what it takes to lose a position in a merit devoid environment
What are you on about?
Collins and Sanusi were the LBs, not Ebuehi.

Merit ko, Marriot ni! :lol:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Gotti wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 5:54 pm
jette1 wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 5:48 pm EBUEHI is a more attacking minded back. EGU is to blame for playing sanusi ahead of him in last Afcon and we know all know what it takes to lose a position in a merit devoid environment
What are you on about?
Collins and Sanusi were the LBs, not Ebuehi.

Merit ko, Marriot ni! :lol:
Na from where Collins come enter Cameroon Afcon
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

jette1 wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:44 pm Na from where Collins come enter Cameroon Afcon
Dude, are you drunk again? Confess... :lol:
Jamilu Collins started as LB in the game vs Guinea-Bissau.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

by Cito » 13 Jun 2022 05:51

I am just wondering about the urge to never mover with the ball beyond the center line by Zaidu.
I know VE can be too much but he is right in this case. Zaidu has been tentative in his play.

If you pronounce his name with your full chest, it comes out really bold 'ZAIDUUU", but when compared with his play, you will realize he is embarrassing his own name. :D
I made mention of this yesterday. He vehemently refused to move with the ball past center line even with acres of space in front of him. Yesterday(1st half) could be an aberration but that was awful to watch.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Maybe he wasn’t happy than Bassey was thrown into his spot. Maybe he feels he has earned the left back spot. Remember they were conflicting reports whether he was injured or healthy during the Game against Ghana.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

packerland wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 11:55 pm Maybe he wasn’t happy than Bassey was thrown into his spot. Maybe he feels he has earned the left back spot. Remember they were conflicting reports whether he was injured or healthy during the Game against Ghana.
And so the best way to win back or keep his spot is to play like crap?!
BTW, he.s only just a relatively recent SE starter, as Collins mostly held that position under Rohr.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL