Is OKOYE on the Brink?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Is OKOYE on the Brink?

Post by Enugu II »

Is Maduka Okoye out of Super Eagles for Good? Shorunmu reveals GK’s Body language
https://www.footballlive.ng/is-maduka-o ... y-language
By Adebanjo -June 15, 20220530

The future of Maduka Okoye in the Super Eagles will be revisited after the goalkeeper snubbed invitations to join the team for this month’s AFCON qualifiers.
Reports had initially suggested Okoye was injured and was undergoing treatment, but the GK also failed to speak to Super Eagles Goalkeeper trainer, Ike Shorounmu.
Speaking on the 22 year-old’s situation in future National team matches, Shorunmu told FL that efforts will be made to ‘bring his mind down’.

‘Before we left for the US tour, I tried to reach him because I had learnt he was injured. But I couldn’t get him,’ the Super Eagles Goalkeeper trainer disclosed.
‘Secretary of the team also tried to contact him via message (text), I also did a second time, but we learnt he was trying to sort out club matters because he recently concluded his transfer.

‘But, it’s everything is ok about the future, we’ll reach out to him again to calm his mind.’
Shorunmu did however praise Francis Uzoho, who deputized in the absence of the NT first choice GK.

‘In both games we played in Africa, he showed a lot of improvement. He made important saves and one in particular against Sierra Leone.’
The Eagles GK revealed the Coaches will continue to look at handing opportunities to players in that position in order to build a talented pool for the first team as well as the CHAN Eagles.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Is OKOYE on the Brink?

Post by 1naija »

Okoye and Uzoho are our top Goalkeepers. I would add Nwosu in the mix and start letting him train with the senior team. We don't need baskets in the National team if you know what I mean.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

He supports the indomitable lions?
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

1naija wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 6:43 pm Okoye and Uzoho are our top Goalkeepers. I would add Nwosu in the mix and start letting him train with the senior team. We don't need baskets in the National team if you know what I mean.
You forgot to add Adebayo Adeleye :sneaky:
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

The Israeli league Basket? I am willing to see how he performs now that he has finally been invited through political pressure(?). :D
Cito wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:06 pm
1naija wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 6:43 pm Okoye and Uzoho are our top Goalkeepers. I would add Nwosu in the mix and start letting him train with the senior team. We don't need baskets in the National team if you know what I mean.
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

Top wey tin? They are both below average and terrible at blocking anything 30 years away from goal!
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

Undertaker wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 11:56 pm
Top wey tin? They are both below average and terrible at blocking anything 30 yards away from goal!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

... but is Okoye still in the team? If yes, why did he not respond to the coaches' attempts to reach him, if what the coaches said in the article is true?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Did you see the word "our" before "top"? If you have better ones other than the soon to retire Akpeyi, list them.
Top wey tin? They are both below average and terrible at blocking anything 30 years away from goal!
Last edited by 1naija on Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Read the coaches' statements. They tried to... How did they try to. One said he texted him and he didn't respond. Even I don't respond to those gaddem texts from Nigeria. They are traps just waiting for you to ask "how are you?" so they can bombard you with their problems.

Ike has not worked in 10 years prior to his rush appointment. Be honest, would you respond to texts from him? Let Peseiro text and see if he doesn't respond.
Odas wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:12 am
... but is Okoye still in the team? If yes, why did he not respond to the coaches' attempts to reach him, if what the coaches said in the article is true?
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

1naija wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:10 pm The Israeli league Basket? I am willing to see how he performs now that he has finally been invited through political pressure(?). :D
Political pressure? Naw he earned his callup unlike your clients Noble and Akpeyi :taunt:
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

Top wey tin? They are both below average and terrible at blocking anything 30 yards away from goal!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Akpeyi and Noble have been there, done that! I wish Adeleye luck as long as he does not bring his Israeli league talents here. But if he stinks up the joint like he did in the Israel league, one of the weakest leagues on the planet, I will be there to call him out.
bret- hart wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:42 am
1naija wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:10 pm The Israeli league Basket? I am willing to see how he performs now that he has finally been invited through political pressure(?). :D
Political pressure? Naw he earned his callup unlike your clients Noble and Akpeyi :taunt:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

John Noble should be called up too. :thumb:
OCCUPY NFF!!
pindal123
Egg
Egg

Post by pindal123 »

According to this article Okoye wasn' t inhured but he just refused to play for Super Eagles!
Does this mean he doesn't care about Super Eagles, and his aim was just to reach international notoriety and go to the world cup?
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

pindal123 wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:33 am According to this article Okoye wasn' t inhured but he just refused to play for Super Eagles!
Does this mean he doesn't care about Super Eagles, and his aim was just to reach international notoriety and go to the world cup?
Or maybe he still needs more time to recover from the abuse and death threats he received for letting us down against Tunisia?
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
pindal123
Egg
Egg

Post by pindal123 »

Lolly wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 11:07 am
pindal123 wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:33 am According to this article Okoye wasn' t inhured but he just refused to play for Super Eagles!
Or maybe he still needs more time to recover from the abuse and death threats he received for letting us down against Tunisia?
Ahaha are you saying that he may take death threats seriously? :lol:

Anyway Uzoho may have received the same threats for letting us down against Ghana and he has been avaible from the following match! :taunt:
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

1naija wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:43 am Read the coaches' statements. They tried to... How did they try to. One said he texted him and he didn't respond. Even I don't respond to those gaddem texts from Nigeria. They are traps just waiting for you to ask "how are you?" so they can bombard you with their problems.

Ike has not worked in 10 years prior to his rush appointment. Be honest, would you respond to texts from him? Let Peseiro text and see if he doesn't respond.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You be crase man.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Lolly, I hear you. Death threat is just a tad worser than racism. The young man has to understand that it’s the age of social media where keyboard gangsters are born. Okoye gained millions of fans when he decided to play for Nigeria and thousands when he signed for Watford, thereby increasing his popularity. I’m sure he admires the likes, blushes and positive comments from fans when things are going good. The same people will try to take his head off when he fails to perform on the field. You take the good with the bad and act professional in the end or close your social media account. Just my take!
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

pindal123 wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:06 pm
Ahaha are you saying that he may take death threats seriously? :lol:

Anyway Uzoho may have received the same threats for letting us down against Ghana and he has been avaible from the following match! :taunt:
It sounds funny to you, just like it was a joke to those making the threats and dishing out the abuse. But we must remember that we are all built differently. Uzoho might be able to handle it while Okoye might not. Don’t judge anyone since you are not them.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
pindal123
Egg
Egg

Post by pindal123 »

Lolly wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:55 pm It sounds funny to you, just like it was a joke to those making the threats and dishing out the abuse. But we must remember that we are all built differently. Uzoho might be able to handle it while Okoye might not. Don’t judge anyone since you are not them.
As already saied, today it's the age of social media where people can write whtaever they want from a keyboard!
But you can't take them seriously because they are the same that after a good match write good things! It's just a strange way they support the team!
The serious fact is that Okoye refused to play for Super Eagles because he doesn't care much about this team, he just used it as his stepping board. Now that he reached Watford he doesn't need Nigeria national team anymore!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

pindal123 wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 2:24 pm
Lolly wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:55 pm It sounds funny to you, just like it was a joke to those making the threats and dishing out the abuse. But we must remember that we are all built differently. Uzoho might be able to handle it while Okoye might not. Don’t judge anyone since you are not them.
As already saied, today it's the age of social media where people can write whtaever they want from a keyboard!
But you can't take them seriously because they are the same that after a good match write good things! It's just a strange way they support the team!
The serious fact is that Okoye refused to play for Super Eagles because he doesn't care much about this team, he just used it as his stepping board. Now that he reached Watford he doesn't need Nigeria national team anymore!
Lol it’s funny hearing this stuff, if he’s unable to handle social media bants how will he be able to handle adversity in REAL LIFE? If he wants to walk that tells us everything we need to know about him and he’s clearly not that committed to the cause, so we move with whoever is ready. Uzoho got dropped by the federation for this bobo who then refused to come and Uzoho put his pride to one side and accepted the late call up and has done well so far. Those are the type of soldiers I want to go into a battle with.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

1naija wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:43 am Read the coaches' statements. They tried to... How did they try to. One said he texted him and he didn't respond. Even I don't respond to those gaddem texts from Nigeria. They are traps just waiting for you to ask "how are you?" so they can bombard you with their problems.

Aaaaah! 1Naija, so because you don't respond to text messages from Nigeria because they might be laden with requests for help doesn't make it appropriate, though I understand your point.

On one hand, what if the text message is one which needs an urgent response from you? On the other hand, Okoye is supposed to know the phone numbers of his coaches and so should have known who the text messages came/are coming from.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.