How Nigeria Set Records in 10-0 Smashing of Hapless Sao Tome

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: How Nigeria Set Records in 10-0 Smashing of Hapless Sao Tome

Post by Bigpokey24 »

packerland wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 3:34 am I don’t even count that we played anybody. I’m waiting until September. The SE have a habit of raising your hopes up, getting you to buy in only to crush it later.
are you promised tomorrow? When you say the Lord's prayer , do you take note of the part it says " Give us this day our daily bread"

stop stressing over tomorrow or next. Enjoy today and celebrate . When september comes , it will deal with itself
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 1:08 pm
packerland wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 3:34 am I don’t even count that we played anybody. I’m waiting until September. The SE have a habit of raising your hopes up, getting you to buy in only to crush it later.
are you promised tomorrow? When you say the Lord's prayer , do you take note of the part it says " Give us this day our daily bread"

stop stressing over tomorrow or next. Enjoy today and celebrate . When september comes , it will deal with itself
Wise words. But bros it is not easy to stay calm when the misery is self inflicted and we keep repeating the same thing like Groundhog’s Day.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Enugu II wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 3:47 am
packerland,

Live in the moment. If you support the Packers, are you not already used to hope raising and disappointment? LOL. :???:
Bros, I stopped stressing over my Packers starting 2 seasons ago. The heartbreaks are not worth it. Once #12 retires or they get rid of him, we should be fine. As great as he is, he underperforms in the playoffs.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Dammy wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:15 pm
Enugu II wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:30 pm
theYemster wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:37 pm For years I kept saying those guys needed to work on their crosses and set pieces. Good things happen when you whip in a crisp cross into the box. Etebo's freekick wasn't half bad either. They just need to keep practicing them over and over again during their own personal time and not only when they get to camp.
TheYemster,

You are correct about the practicing aspect. Oliseh makes this clear in his book. He wrote about how the set piece experts at the clubs where he played would spent hours after practice (When all others have left for home) practicing on set pieces. This really is not what the coaches even dedicate a lot of time. A lot of times, the individual player must spend hours on that craft.
Prof, this where proper training equipment comes in. When I mentioned this issue earlier, you sneered because a local coach in Eguavoen didn't have the necessary equipment. Peseiro has come in and you need to see the various football training equipment that the SE are using in their training videos.
All those set piece experts Oliseh referred to use those training mannequins to perfect their skills. What's the point of players having those equipment in their clubs but coming to the national team only to train with cones and 11 v 11.
I hope you get my point now as we both wish the SE well.
The point I (and I believe EII) are making is that they should be practicing it at their respective bases and not just in national team camp which is too infrequent for them to perfectly hone the skill. What you do in national team camp is just to warm up your skills not practicing it to learn anew. It's an iterative process you do over and over again as an almost daily routine.

Wrt the mannequins, you can just have local carpenters construct a barrier that's roughly the same height as the average player.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

theYemster wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:09 am
Dammy wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 9:15 pm
Enugu II wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:30 pm
theYemster wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 7:37 pm For years I kept saying those guys needed to work on their crosses and set pieces. Good things happen when you whip in a crisp cross into the box. Etebo's freekick wasn't half bad either. They just need to keep practicing them over and over again during their own personal time and not only when they get to camp.
TheYemster,

You are correct about the practicing aspect. Oliseh makes this clear in his book. He wrote about how the set piece experts at the clubs where he played would spent hours after practice (When all others have left for home) practicing on set pieces. This really is not what the coaches even dedicate a lot of time. A lot of times, the individual player must spend hours on that craft.
Prof, this where proper training equipment comes in. When I mentioned this issue earlier, you sneered because a local coach in Eguavoen didn't have the necessary equipment. Peseiro has come in and you need to see the various football training equipment that the SE are using in their training videos.
All those set piece experts Oliseh referred to use those training mannequins to perfect their skills. What's the point of players having those equipment in their clubs but coming to the national team only to train with cones and 11 v 11.
I hope you get my point now as we both wish the SE well.
The point I (and I believe EII) are making is that they should be practicing it at their respective bases and not just in national team camp which is too infrequent for them to perfectly hone the skill. What you do in national team camp is just to warm up your skills not practicing it to learn anew. It's an iterative process you do over and over again as an almost daily routine.

Wrt the mannequins, you can just have local carpenters construct a barrier that's roughly the same height as the average player.
I understand E11's point, my argument is that these players after honing their skills at club level, arrive in the national team camp without the necessary equipment to continue to practice will definitely affect them on match days. If you factor travelling from their bases to the national team camp and time spent in camp, we are looking at 5 to 6 days at least when they don't practice and yet we expect everything to come back on match day!
I am happy
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Dammy wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:22 am
theYemster wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:09 am The point I (and I believe EII) are making is that they should be practicing it at their respective bases and not just in national team camp which is too infrequent for them to perfectly hone the skill. What you do in national team camp is just to warm up your skills not practicing it to learn anew. It's an iterative process you do over and over again as an almost daily routine.

I understand E11's point, my argument is that these players after honing their skills at club level, arrive in the national team camp without the necessary equipment to continue to practice will definitely affect them on match days. If you factor travelling from their bases to the national team camp and time spent in camp, we are looking at 5 to 6 days at least when they don't practice and yet we expect everything to come back on match day!
You know what I'd do if it were me? I'd arrange for it myself. Last last I'll have them deliver like fifty cement blocks and line them up to mimic a defensive wall and use the to practice. Can't cost more than N20k, maybe N25, when you include delivery costs. Or I'd have some of my teammates stand there and form a wall, or some of the team officials or FA staff (in exchange for a tip).

To the NFF officials this is only a job, but to me, it's my career so yes I'd go the extra mile to sort myself out. If ik good scoring these set pieces it'll only boost my career even further. So yes I'd be so determined, borderline obsessive.

I'm not just gonna sit back and say well the NFF didn't get me mannequins to help me practice so I'm gonna do nothing about it.

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

theYemster wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:21 am
theYemster wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:09 am The point I (and I believe EII) are making is that they should be practicing it at their respective bases and not just in national team camp which is too infrequent for them to perfectly hone the skill. What you do in national team camp is just to warm up your skills not practicing it to learn anew. It's an iterative process you do over and over again as an almost daily routine.

You know what I'd do if it were me? I'd arrange for it myself. Last last I'll have them deliver like fifty cement blocks and line them up to mimic a defensive wall and use the to practice. Can't cost more than N20k, maybe N25, when you include delivery costs. Or I'd have some of my teammates stand there and form a wall, or some of the team officials or FA staff (in exchange for a tip).

To the NFF officials this is only a job, but to me, it's my career so yes I'd go the extra mile to sort myself out. If ik good scoring these set pieces it'll only boost my career even further. So yes I'd be so determined, borderline obsessive.

I'm not just gonna sit back and say well the NFF didn't get me mannequins to help me practice so I'm gonna do nothing about it.
TBH, making mannequins is absolutely no big deal anywhere, not least in Naija.
Like you (or someone) said, just get a local carpenter or craftsman to design it. The materials are easily available.
I'm not sure what the big deal is.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Damunk wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:16 pm

Like you (or someone) said, just get a local carpenter or craftsman to design it. The materials are easily available.
I know right? I'll consider it an investment in myself. If I become to good at it, it'll boost my value.

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

theYemster wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 4:03 pm
Damunk wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 1:16 pm

I know right? I'll consider it an investment in myself. If I become to good at it, it'll boost my value.
Wow! That's another way of analysing the issue!
I am happy