Calvin "Baresi" Bassey

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Calvin "Baresi" Bassey

Post by Damunk »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 4:16 am
Damunk wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 12:35 am You are unbelievably delusional and extremely stupid to boot.
You actually believe this?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
When all you need do is …check?

You are so used to lying that you actually convince yourself of your own lies. :clap:
Fortunately for you, you have a few followers here on CE that hang onto your every word and egg you on.

You cross the CE line and see whether I will not personally moderate that your untutored lying mouth like I did the last time.
Sorry about that.
But children in 40+ year old bodies need to be called to order, even if they are in an unfortunate state of arrested development.

Agbalagba like you still doing street. :lol:

danfo driver wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:16 pm Do you remember when you were a moderator and then you tried to get into a spar with me? And i destroyed you and made sure you quit as a moderator? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: You are beneath me. You are comedy to me. Dude, you were a moderator and yet, I am the one who ended that for you. :rotf: :rotf:
Damunk wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:16 pm
danfo driver wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 2:12 pm I truly despise ****

A foreigner came to our country to destroy our football and focck our women.

Now he has left and has left discord and disharmony amongst our fan base.

Tufiakwa! Black men quarreling over a white man! Who cursed this race?
Who is quarrelling with you? That's all in your head mate. :rotf:

Quarrelling with the black man.
Quarrelling with 'The' white man.
Weytin remain?
Martians.
Go get your jab. I don tell you. :taunt:
Damunk, don't you get tired of all these fight fight etc.. you've single handedly derailed this thread
Not really.
We all have a duty to clear the house of rodents, or else they will take over. :idea:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
return2k2
Egg
Egg

Post by return2k2 »

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Unfortunate story of Calvin Bassey and his Nigerian father.
I can feel the man’s pain, not having access to your children, but who knows what he might be guilty of?
And who knows what pain Calvin and his brothers have gone through growing up without their father?
EXCLUSIVE : Nigerian father of Glasgow Rangers defender hopes to reconcile with his son
By Francis Achi - November 20, 2020

It is the desire of every father to see his son climbing the ladder of success, but it could also be very sorrowful for a father to be shut out from such lofty achievements. This is the travail of Kingsley Ikenna Ughelumba, the father of Calvin Bassey, who signed for Glasgow Rangers of Scotland during the transfer window in the summer of this year.

You may be wondering how come the dazzling left foot back of Glasgow Rangers is not bearing the last name of his father – Ughelumba. Well, his father informed that the misunderstanding between him and the mother of his children is responsible for this. “I had Issues with the mum, out of wickedness she denied me access to my children and changed my son’s surname to her maiden name,” Ughelumba told www.totorinews.com exclusively.

Kingsley Ikenna Ughelumba

“I tried my best to settle with her. We went to court in London for me to have access to my children, but she vehemently opposed me seeing my children. “This very issue happened in 2008. The judge told us to go home and settle the matter as a family, but she denied me and that is the reason that I have not been able to have access to my children.

He further informed Totori News that God blessed him with four boys and Calvin, who was born on 31st December, 1999 is his first son and his sons visited him in Italy in 2016. I have four sons – Calvin, Elvis, Michael and Matthew. Calvin is my first son. The children visited me in Italy in 2016. We took photos together. It was very lovely atmosphere in Italy.”

Kingsley Ughelumba with his son Calvin in 2016

“I had an access with my children then, but somehow along the line, their mother poisoned Calvin and my other sons to be completely against me. The mother changed their numbers so that I will not be able to communicate with my boys. In February this year, i went to England from Italy. I came to Leicester City Fc training ground. I introduced myself as Calvin’s father to the officials of the club. I presented all my documents, they checked it and they knew I’m the biological father of Calvin and they welcomed me very well.

“The club officials called Calvin. He wanted to be sure if actually his father was around. So they asked me if there is any other name that he is known with. I had to convinced them further by mentioning the nickname I used to call him when he was much younger. The officials mentioned the name to Calvin and when he heard the name, he said the person that calls him that name is either his father or mother.”

The club officials allowed me to speak to my son through the club’s telephone. We did speak. He said I should come to his house. “Getting to his house, he was on call with his mother. He immediately he saw me, he became very upset, that he doesn’t want to see or talk to me. He said he was going to the gym to train. I had to go back to Italy dejected and since then I never had access to Calvin and my other three sons. I just want to reconcile with my four boys.”

“To be candid, i don’t know the offence I committed against the mother that she should take such drastic action against me, to deprieve me access with my children,” he concluded.

https://totorinews.com/nigerian-father- ... 0/11/2020/
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Damunk wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:40 pm Unfortunate story of Calvin Bassey and his Nigerian father.
I can feel the man’s pain, not having access to your children, but who knows what he might be guilty of?
And who knows what pain Calvin and his brothers have gone through growing up without their father?
EXCLUSIVE : Nigerian father of Glasgow Rangers defender hopes to reconcile with his son

It is the desire of every father to see his son climbing the ladder of success, but it could also be very sorrowful for a father to be shut out from such lofty achievements. This is the travail of Kingsley Ikenna Ughelumba, the father of Calvin Bassey, who signed for Glasgow Rangers of Scotland during the transfer window in the summer of this year.

You may be wondering how come the dazzling left foot back of Glasgow Rangers is not bearing the last name of his father – Ughelumba. Well, his father informed that the misunderstanding between him and the mother of his children is responsible for this. “I had Issues with the mum, out of wickedness she denied me access to my children and changed my son’s surname to her maiden name,” Ughelumba told www.totorinews.com exclusively.

“I tried my best to settle with her. We went to court in London for me to have access to my children, but she vehemently opposed me seeing my children. “This very issue happened in 2008. The judge told us to go home and settle the matter as a family, but she denied me and that is the reason that I have not been able to have access to my children.

He further informed Totori News that God blessed him with four boys and Calvin, who was born on 31st December, 1999 is his first son and his sons visited him in Italy in 2016. I have four sons – Calvin, Elvis, Michael and Matthew. Calvin is my first son. The children visited me in Italy in 2016. We took photos together. It was very lovely atmosphere in Italy.”

“I had an access with my children then, but somehow along the line, their mother poisoned Calvin and my other sons to be completely against me. The mother changed their numbers so that I will not be able to communicate with my boys. In February this year, i went to England from Italy. I came to Leicester City Fc training ground. I introduced myself as Calvin’s father to the officials of the club. I presented all my documents, they checked it and they knew I’m the biological father of Calvin and they welcomed me very well.

“The club officials called Calvin. He wanted to be sure if actually his father was around. So they asked me if there is any other name that he is known with. I had to convinced them further by mentioning the nickname I used to call him when he was much younger. The officials mentioned the name to Calvin and when he heard the name, he said the person that calls him that name is either his father or mother.”

The club officials allowed me to speak to my son through the club’s telephone. We did speak. He said I should come to his house. “Getting to his house, he was on call with his mother. He immediately he saw me, he became very upset, that he doesn’t want to see or talk to me. He said he was going to the gym to train. I had to go back to Italy dejected and since then I never had access to Calvin and my other three sons. I just want to reconcile with my four boys.”

“To be candid, i don’t know the offence I committed against the mother that she should take such drastic action against me, to deprieve me access with my children,” he concluded.

Damunk

Thanks for sharing this. It is HIS story of course. Hopefully, we get to read HER story. It must be terribly different given what must have riled Calvin as shown in the closing paragraphs of this story.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Damunk wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:40 pm Unfortunate story of Calvin Bassey and his Nigerian father.

He was known as Calvin Bassey Ughelumba at Leicester but along the line he dropped Ughelumba as his surname.
I am happy
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Guys be very careful about the woman you marry. She can make your life or ruin you, beyond your wildest dreams.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

danfo driver wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:52 pm Guys be very careful about the woman you marry. She can make your life or ruin you, beyond your wildest dreams.

But you don't know her side of it; no?
In any case, ur advice above applies to women also...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

txj wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:24 pm
danfo driver wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:52 pm Guys be very careful about the woman you marry. She can make your life or ruin you, beyond your wildest dreams.

I am advising my friends on Cybereagles to be very careful about the woman they choose to marry. She can destroy them or make them great. Do you agree or disagree?
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Damunk wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 6:53 am
That’s quite beautiful.
We’ve got ourselves a real one here folks.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

He's set to join Ajax. Deal has been agreed for £20m.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/62194399
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Igugu
Egg
Egg

Post by Igugu »

Dammy wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:10 am We really need to give credit to Van Bronkhurst who persevered with him despite some initial mistakes in his game. The confidence from Van Bronkhurst gave him the platform to develop and become the good player he has become today for both club and country.
Do we ever persevere with anyone in this forum? Maybe we should borrow a leaf from Van Bronkurst.
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

danfo driver wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:53 pm
txj wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:24 pm

I am advising my friends on Cybereagles to be very careful about the woman they choose to marry. She can destroy them or make them great. Do you agree or disagree?
Our sisters on this forum be careful of the guys you marry especially if they think a successful marriage is on you alone!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

The YeyeMan wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:18 am He's set to join Ajax. Deal has been agreed for £20m.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/62194399

This is a good transfer. Hopefully he continues to develop
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
blueangel
Egg
Egg
Ajax and Rangers FC reach agreement for Calvin Bassey

Post by blueangel »

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foo ... 27404.html

CALVIN BASSEY JOINS AJAX IN CLUB RECORD TRANSFER

RANGERS Football Club can today confirm Calvin Bassey has joined Ajax in a deal which is the largest in Rangers’ history.

Calvin leaves with best wishes from everyone at Rangers and we thank him for his hard work and commitment over the past two seasons.

The 22-year-old joined Rangers from Leicester City for a Training Compensation Fee in the summer of 2020, making 65 appearances for the Light Blues.

Bassey played his part in Rangers’ historic 55th league title victory, won the 2022 Scottish Cup, while also having a huge role in the incredible UEFA Europa League run to the final in Seville last season.

We wish Calvin all the best for his future career.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Ajax and Rangers FC reach agreement for Calvin Bassey

Post by 1naija »

Backward move.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Very good move..

Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

What kind of oloriburuku club is Leicester city? They let Bassey walk for nothing but pay to loan Lookman. They need Ifa at the King Palace stadium.
OCCUPY NFF!!
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

1naija wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 2:57 pmBackward move.
He's gone backwards and ended up at a Champions League side in a better league. Not bad.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Ajax hasn't been relevant in almost 3 decades. Playing in Champions only means something to Nigerians. Nobody else in the world sees is as a measure of which club is a serious football club. He might as well have moved to some club in Israel or Malta that qualified for Champions league since that is the measure.
The YeyeMan wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:09 pm
1naija wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 2:57 pmBackward move.
He's gone backwards and ended up at a Champions League side in a better league. Not bad.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Dutch Eredivisie is better than Scottish league, period!
It's not a two-team league, and Ajax is not a 'run-and-shoot' club.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges