NFF MAY BAN OKOYE - owngoal again

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet
NFF MAY BAN OKOYE - owngoal again

Post by jette1 »

make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
joao
Egg
Egg
Re: NFF MAY BAN OKOYE - owngoal again

Post by joao »

Ban Okye for what?
The favor is both ways Bro. His choice to represent GWG is a benefit to both sides.
Suppose they 'ban' him, and he turns out to be world's top five goalie?
Please don't overrate our attitude towards people trying to represent us, as we suck
at appreciating those who put in effort to elevate our nation.
Meanwhile our 'stakeholders' are asking for 100 million Naira to apply for a job that
pays about one-tenth of that PA. Go figure guys!
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

joao wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:00 pm Ban Okye for what?
The favor is both ways Bro. His choice to represent GWG is a benefit to both sides.
Suppose they 'ban' him, and he turns out to be world's top five goalie?
Please don't overrate our attitude towards people trying to represent us, as we suck
at appreciating those who put in effort to elevate our nation.
Meanwhile our 'stakeholders' are asking for 100 million Naira to apply for a job that
pays about one-tenth of that PA. Go figure guys!

Joao,

This is much ado about nothing really. Agreed that there is enough speculation that the guy just did not want to come to camp. However, there is enough excuses for him given that he was changing clubs. NFF will be crazy to ban him given those circumstances plus the fact that it was also pointed out that he was nicked during the season. I just do not see enough reason to ban him. I will invite him again but have him sit on the bench because there is now a new #1 under the new manager. He will now have to work really hard to regain the #1 shirt. It should be that simple.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

NFF should leave the guy alone. IMO, Okoye is simply not SE 1st choice goalkeeper material (at this point). He is at best a 3rd choice goalie, but that spot should really be reserved for a local goalkeeper.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes