OLISEH's NEW GIG..... DISCUSS

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: OLISEH's NEW GIG..... DISCUSS

Post by maceo4 »

Siddonlook11 wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:39 pm We actually judging /commenting on a mans hustle to better his life by standards we have set for him !!
when none of us here is Oliseh and wearing his shoes .. I did not see anywhere in his talks that he has judged anyone else for jobs they have taken o. Abeg if he did make una highlight am here for us to read . Thank you.

Na waya.

Anyway congrats and best wishes to him.
I agree, he’s doing what he feels he needs to do for himself, that’s his prerogative, I’m just wishing him well, hopefully he doesn’t get into any silly fights.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Cell,

Not that he should employ himself but he has enough pedigree to get a better gig in Africa. He needs to trust having a Manager who can help sort that out for him. That is exactly what Keshi and Amuneke have done to get gigs at other places in the continent. I believe that Oliseh comes with better pedigree than Amuneke, for one, and I think he will be able to locate a job somewhere in Africa. Yet, he has never been mentioned even when African clubs and NT release lists of scores of applicants. The question, therefore, is whether he considers getting a Manager's job in Africa worth his while after the Nigerian experience. That, I do not know.
Cellular wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:22 pm
Enugu II wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:46 pm
Dammy wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:05 pm
Purity wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:33 pm Better than nothing
That's why we should learn not to burn our bridges! He tried to stage a comeback as SE coach before the appointment of Peseiro but there was a loud outcry against his appointment.

Why can't he seek other jobs? There are jobs in South Africa, North Africa, and elsewhere that might be worthy of the fact that he was a former Nigerian Manager of the Super Eagles than managing this club.
Glad he found employment.

But Prof., you are talking like he can go and employ himself. Like Chief Dammy opined, one should try not to be seen as a recalcitrant character, burning bridges along the way.

I wish him well... he is older now, so maybe, he is more malleable from his typical uncompromising stance.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Enugu II wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:56 am Cell,

Not that he should employ himself but he has enough pedigree to get a better gig in Africa. He needs to trust having a Manager who can help sort that out for him. That is exactly what Keshi and Amuneke have done to get gigs at other places in the continent. I believe that Oliseh comes with better pedigree than Amuneke, for one, and I think he will be able to locate a job somewhere in Africa. Yet, he has never been mentioned even when African clubs and NT release lists of scores of applicants. The question, therefore, is whether he considers getting a Manager's job in Africa worth his while after the Nigerian experience. That, I do not know.
That's why we should learn not to burn our bridges! He tried to stage a comeback as SE coach before the appointment of Peseiro but there was a loud outcry against his appointment.

Why can't he seek other jobs? There are jobs in South Africa, North Africa, and elsewhere that might be worthy of the fact that he was a former Nigerian Manager of the Super Eagles than managing this club.

But Prof., you are talking like he can go and employ himself. Like Chief Dammy opined, one should try not to be seen as a recalcitrant character, burning bridges along the way.

I wish him well... he is older now, so maybe, he is more malleable from his typical uncompromising stance.
...not everyone of us, especially those that have lived and worked abroad, understand African point of view on solving problems.
Reason why you see well educated and connected fellas not being able to win political office in Nigeria.
But well connected nefarious ones easily wins and are supported.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

mcal wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:10 am
Enugu II wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:56 am Cell,

...not everyone of us, especially those that have lived and worked abroad, understand African point of view on solving problems.
Reason why you see well educated and connected fellas not being able to win political office in Nigeria.
But well connected nefarious ones easily wins and are supported.
Mcal,

Dont you have to apply before you hope to be employed??? The point here is that Oliseh, to my knowledge, has not been listed by NTYs and clubs when they release names of applicants for jobs. We know that Amuneke, Siasia, Keshi had all been listed in such circumstances. Even Eguavoen was listed on a few occasions and was in South Africa. Not so in Oliseh's case.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...chief EII, there are methods, and there are procedures, and finally there are likes in pursuit of interests.
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Kennedy Boboye played for this club way back..

Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.
Schillachi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Schillachi »

There is no reason he can't be an assistant coach in the Bundesliga or any other top league. Hope this is not a case where he wanted to be head coach at all cost regardless of how low the league is
NIGERIAN BADBOY!
scholl
Egg
Egg

Post by scholl »

txj wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:58 pm
Lolly wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:41 pm Man must wack or he just needs somewhere to let off steam on a daily basis while still looking for the right job? It says it’s a one-year contract.

Hope he finds a proper job soon.

The modern game works differently these days, which is why I'm hesitant to criticize.

Nagglesman's main assistant at Bayern, Gluck comes from a background of football discussion on an internet platform. One of the leading minds in football analysis in Germany...
Yeah, wake me up when an African man gets the same profile of a gig based on internet discussions.
scholl
Egg
Egg

Post by scholl »

Schillachi wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:26 pm There is no reason he can't be an assistant coach in the Bundesliga or any other top league. Hope this is not a case where he wanted to be head coach at all cost regardless of how low the league is
How many Africans are assistant coaches in top profile European club sides?
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Have you ever had to leave some stuff off your resume? Like a work experience that might have a potential employee asking questions. For example, they tell you to not in include jobs you only spent 6months or less. What should he say when they ask him the reason he quit the SE? God forbid his employee do some research and find out that he quit on his team in the middle of qualification matches for a tournament.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

scholl wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:59 pm
Lolly wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 6:41 pm Man must wack or he just needs somewhere to let off steam on a daily basis while still looking for the right job? It says it’s a one-year contract.

The modern game works differently these days, which is why I'm hesitant to criticize.

Nagglesman's main assistant at Bayern, Gluck comes from a background of football discussion on an internet platform. One of the leading minds in football analysis in Germany...
Yeah, wake me up when an African man gets the same profile of a gig based on internet discussions.

The point, which you often miss, is that there are many more pathways in football management today than ever existed and one shouldn't be too quick to scoff at any particular one as u never know where it might lead...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

txj wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:50 pm

The point, which you often miss, is that there are many more pathways in football management today than ever existed and one shouldn't be too quick to scoff at any particular one as u never know where it might lead...
Txj

While things are excruciatingly opening, one must be clear that racism persists in most spheres of football. To deny that is to blind to reality.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Enugu II wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:09 pm
txj wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:50 pm

Txj

While things are excruciatingly opening, one must be clear that racism persists in most spheres of football. To deny that is to blind to reality.

:???: :???: :???:
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Purity
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Purity »

Not bad move

Jesus didn't die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God.