ASISAT OSHOALA OUT OF WAFCON

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet
ASISAT OSHOALA OUT OF WAFCON

Post by Gotti »

Last edited by Gotti on Wed Jul 06, 2022 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: ASSISAT OUT OF WAFCON

Post by Gotti »

I suspected as much during the game… :(

posting.php?mode=quote&f=1&p=5784454
Gotti wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 7:01 pm Oshoala may have been hurt more than it looks...
I would have pulled her out and play someone else (Kanu, Macleans, Ikechukwu, etc.).

There's no need risking aggravating her injury in the first game...
There is still a lot of football to be played in this tournament, regardless of today's result.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: ASISAT OSHOALA OUT OF WAFCON

Post by jette1 »

FALCONS might be better of with her out. Long term, we need to be looking at the key players in the flamingoes to graduate to falcons asap
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

jette1 wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 4:06 pm FALCONS might be better of with her out.
One door closes, another door opens.
Enter....Onumonu? Kanu?
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

I think Barca might have rushed her for the Champions League. Get well soon!
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

I dont know why I'm so upset.

Something so obvious. Professionals paid to make these decisions yet they make mistakes that we can see from our living rooms.

Nonsense.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Damunk wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 4:11 pm
Enter....Onumonu? Kanu?
I would bring in Christy uncheibe and move ajibade up front to her natural striker position with Kanu and Onumonu; The front line was kind on toothless with overdependent of oshoala

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

packerland wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:22 pm I think Barca might have rushed her for the Champions League. Get well soon!
You need to withdraw this statement.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Oguleftie wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:48 pm
packerland wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 5:22 pm I think Barca might have rushed her for the Champions League. Get well soon!
Or what? Too many sensitive folks on CE. I said I think. I know for a fact she was injured during WAFCON qualification & CL games. So, excuse me if I made a false assumption.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

packerland wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:59 pm
Oguleftie wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:48 pm
Or what? Too many sensitive folks on CE. I said I think. I know for a fact she was injured during WAFCON qualification & CL games. So, excuse me if I made a false assumption.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

OGULEFTIE is a self-anointed "authority of all female football"...
He once imputed that Oshoala was not good enough to be signed permanently by Barca...oops!
Last edited by Gotti on Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Damunk wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 4:11 pm
Enter....Onumonu? Kanu?
It will make NO DIFFERENCE if Coach Randy persists with the pump-it-upfield-and-chase tactics...
Perhaps if the coach doesn't think others can chase long balls as well as Asisat, he might be COMPELLED to switch tactics!
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

jette1 wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:24 pmI would bring in Christy uncheibe and move ajibade up front to her natural striker position with Kanu and Onumonu; The front line was kind on toothless with overdependent of oshoala
In addition, Okobi might be a better option to Chikwelu in midfield...
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

jette1 wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 4:06 pmFALCONS might be better of with her out. Long term, we need to be looking at the key players in the flamingoes to graduate to falcons asap
You mean Falconets (U20), not Flamingos (U17)...

Depending on how the U20 WWC goes, I expect the likes of Esther Onyenezide, skipper Tosin Demehin (who already made her Super Falcons debut in one of the US games), Deborah Abiodun, and possibly Flourish Sabastine, to step up into the Super Falcons' squad (or at least pool of players) by next year's Women's WC (presuming we qualify of course). I had thought Mercy Idoko would be a top prospect from the U20 squad, but her performances seem to have fallen off lately.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

Gotti wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:21 pm
jette1 wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:24 pmI would bring in Christy uncheibe and move ajibade up front to her natural striker position with Kanu and Onumonu; The front line was kind on toothless with overdependent of oshoala
I think the team should to a back 3 to protect the fullbacks.

Ohale RCB Onome CB and Ashley LCB. Ashley given primary playmaking duties with license to bring the ball upfield from her third CB role.

Keep Alozie as a wing back not a RB. The back 3 system will giver cover for this. Michelle Payne can come in at LWB.

Keep a base of Ayinde and Okobi in midfield with Toni Payne in front of them. Push Rasheedat upfront to pair with Uchenna Kanu or Ify.

Changes are much needed for this team to go far.
asabatex
Egg
Egg

Post by asabatex »

Wishing Oshoala a speedy recovery
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...the jarring impact of both players' legs was too much for her own leg.
On slow motion one can see how she recoiled from that defender's tackle.
Yes, she should have been pulled in the first half. Playing on that injury may have helped to tear it more.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

while we wish her a quick recovery let it be known that asisat has contributed absolutely nothing to falcons si9nce last women world cup in France where she also went missing in action

Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

jette1 wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:34 amwhile we wish her a quick recovery let it be known that asisat has contributed absolutely nothing to falcons si9nce last women world cup in France where she also went missing in action
It's not entirely her fault that our 2 Oyinbo coaches (Dennerby and Randy) were/have been largely tactically-poor...
Even a Village Gamemaster would suss out the punt-it-upfield-for-Oshoala-to-chase "tactics" (see how the SAs surrounded her).
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

Gotti wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:30 pm
jette1 wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 4:06 pmFALCONS might be better of with her out. Long term, we need to be looking at the key players in the flamingoes to graduate to falcons asap

Depending on how the U20 WWC goes, I expect the likes of Esther Onyenezide, skipper Tosin Demehin (who already made her Super Falcons debut in one of the US games), Deborah Abiodun, and possibly Flourish Sabastine, to step up into the Super Falcons' squad (or at least pool of players) by next year's Women's WC (presuming we qualify of course). I had thought Mercy Idoko would be a top prospect from the U20 squad, but her performances seem to have fallen off lately.
Spot on Gotti. These players your mentioned are extremely gifted players who are very likely to make an immediate step, although skipper Demehin already has. I am also happy that they were excluded from the WAFCON as the U20 World Cup starts just about 2 weeks after the WAFCON, so they can concentrate on their own task. I think they are already in camp. I believe they'll start making the Falcons from the October friendly against Japan. This shows that conveyour belt of young talent is still producing.
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

Ugbowo wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:24 pm
Gotti wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:21 pm
I think the team should to a back 3 to protect the fullbacks.

Ohale RCB Onome CB and Ashley LCB. Ashley given primary playmaking duties with license to bring the ball upfield from her third CB role.

Keep Alozie as a wing back not a RB. The back 3 system will giver cover for this. Michelle Payne can come in at LWB.

Keep a base of Ayinde and Okobi in midfield with Toni Payne in front of them. Push Rasheedat upfront to pair with Uchenna Kanu or Ify.

Changes are much needed for this team to go far.
Very much in line with my thinking. It should be a back 3 (Ohale,Onome & Ashleigh as you stated). The only slight difference would be that I will give Rasheedat a free role upfront to operate between the midfield and attack. I'll keep Ify up top and bring in Gift in needed. I might also go for Christy Ucheibe in the midfield for either Okobi or Ayinde as she's much younder and mobile.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Adisboy wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:57 am
Gotti wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:30 pm

Spot on Gotti. These players your mentioned are extremely gifted players who are very likely to make an immediate step, although skipper Demehin already has. I am also happy that they were excluded from the WAFCON as the U20 World Cup starts just about 2 weeks after the WAFCON, so they can concentrate on their own task. I think they are already in camp. I believe they'll start making the Falcons from the October friendly against Japan. This shows that conveyour belt of young talent is still producing.
This is exciting to know.
In the current Falcons crop, I remember shrining Nnadozie and Ajibade as genuine future prospects while they were still in the Falconets. Now they are established seniors well deserving of their first eleven slots.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

Gotti wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:24 am
jette1 wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 12:34 amwhile we wish her a quick recovery let it be known that asisat has contributed absolutely nothing to falcons si9nce last women world cup in France where she also went missing in action
It's not entirely her fault that our 2 Oyinbo coaches (Dennerby and Randy) were/have been largely tactically-poor...
Even a Village Gamemaster would suss out the punt-it-upfield-for-Oshoala-to-chase "tactics" (see how the SAs surrounded her).
It is her fault. Are you paid to defend her?
He made a statement, and you come with a wrong defense.
At best she is an average player. She can outrun everybody but that is just it.
Call a spade a spade.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

jette1 wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 4:06 pm FALCONS might be better of with her out. Long term, we need to be looking at the key players in the flamingoes to graduate to falcons asap
I share the same sentiments. regarding the team being better without her.

This is about the 3rd tournament she has underwhelmed me... I don't know if she was generally underwhelming to everyone else watching but I just didn't see the "Superstarness" about her.

It reminded me of the days of the SE where players were hoping and were reliant on a moment of magic from their Superstar... the general team play suffers.

Anyway, I wish her a complete recovery.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!