Botswana vs Nigeria (0-2)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Botswana vs Nigeria (0-2)

Post by Enugu II »

Odas wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:50 pm We need more improvements, though. We should have scored our third goal there, I think.
This team is not just it. The team needs serious improvement in a couple of games or kiss this championship good bye.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Enugu II wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:53 pmThis team is not just it. The team needs serious improvement in a couple of games or kiss this championship good bye.
Prof, a tournament is a marathon, not a sprint... :lol:

There was SIGNIFICANT "improvement" from the first game.
Hopefully, as the tournament proceeds along, more "improvements" will follow.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

CONGRATS LADIES! UNA DO WELL TODAY... :clap:

Let's respect all our opponents, but realistically the next game against Burundi should be another confidence booster. We win that handily and then get into the business end of the tournament. Once there, one more win and we achieve the PRIMARY goal of WC qualification. Once that hurdle is crossed and the associated stress ameliorated, it's hell to leather.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

My only take away is Randy has to find room for Uchenna Kanu on the field. She's the best attacker and it's not even close.

As for the rest.....well we just have to win our quarterfinal game. That's our tournament right there.
lacidi
Egg
Egg

Post by lacidi »

Enugu II wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:53 pm
Odas wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:50 pm We need more improvements, though. We should have scored our third goal there, I think.
This team is not just it. The team needs serious improvement in a couple of games or kiss this championship good bye.
Well I don't think others teams are better with the performance today. SA also stunk up the joint against Burundi.
Its nice when someone shoots ur murderer in the back, without asking to be paid.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Ordega doesn’t deserve woman of the match when onumonu and Ayinde with that beautiful pass that created the first goal are there
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

Prof, have you actually been watching the tournament? This most domination of a team by another since this championship began & trust me Botswana are no mugs. We totally dominated especially in the 2nd half. Tactically, Africa women's game has tremendously improved.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Did you guys watch the post match analysis by the South Aftrcan dude and the 2 ladies? The thing sweet pass the game sef.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

i disagree with you . Today they played very well
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

1naija wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 11:58 pm Did you guys watch the post match analysis by the South Aftrcan dude and the 2 ladies? The thing sweet pass the game sef.
they are excellent, esteemed, sooner alum.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

1naija wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 11:58 pm Did you guys watch the post match analysis by the South Aftrcan dude and the 2 ladies? The thing sweet pass the game sef.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

SuperEagles

jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

King Futcha wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 12:52 am
Are where are Nigerian analysts or tv station
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Maybe I am expecting much better from this team. I am just not feeling IT, to be honest. Sure they may get to the final four but the expectation is to win it all and right now I will be surprised if they do.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

Enugu II wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 12:58 am Maybe I am expecting much better from this team. I am just not feeling IT, to be honest. Sure they may get to the final four but the expectation is to win it all and right now I will be surprised if they do.
I do not expect them to emerge as Champions.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Gotti wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:59 pm
Enugu II wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:53 pmThis team is not just it. The team needs serious improvement in a couple of games or kiss this championship good bye.
Prof, a tournament is a marathon, not a sprint... :lol:

There was SIGNIFICANT "improvement" from the first game.
Hopefully, as the tournament proceeds along, more "improvements" will follow
Gotti,

Isn't such usually the case? That is, as tournaments progress, teams improve in general.

Unfortunately, poor teams can ONLY improve so much before getting knocked off, but I hope we will improve enough to keep playing in this tournament
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Ugbowo wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 1:17 am
Enugu II wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 12:58 am Maybe I am expecting much better from this team. I am just not feeling IT, to be honest. Sure they may get to the final four but the expectation is to win it all and right now I will be surprised if they do.
At this point I’ll take WC qualification first. By the time the WC comes, the coach will maybe stop playing some of the players out of position or we get a new coach. I won’t shed tears if we don’t win this cup. We got like 9 in the cabinet already.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

packerland wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 2:44 am
At this point I’ll take WC qualification first. By the time the WC comes, the coach will maybe stop playing some of the players out of position or we get a new coach. I won’t shed tears if we don’t win this cup. We got like 9 in the cabinet already.
SuperEagles

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

On Nigerian TV!
jette1 wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 12:54 am
Are where are Nigerian analysts or tv station
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 2:48 am
packerland wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 2:44 am
This is the 12th WAFCON. They won 9 with Equatorial Guinea winning the other 2.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

I honestly don’t think that we made the right decision with the appointment of this coach. It feels to me like he’s trying to fit square pegs in to round holes to get the best players on the pitch by playing players out of their natural position. It looks as if he doesnt trust a lot of our home based players. We have a lot of good players in this team, but this coach is all about fielding big name players instead of form.
Igugu
Egg
Egg

Post by Igugu »

There are still many instructions that need to be given to this team. The coach needs to conduct a lot of drills on ball control and a good sense of finishing ideology once in the 18-yard box.