Tell Me About Morocco: Group F World Cup 2022

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Post Reply
User avatar
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 16044
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2004 11:33 pm
Tell Me About Morocco: Group F World Cup 2022

Post by mate »

As you know, of course I'm rooting for Croatia in Group F. Drawn with Belgium, Morocco, and Canada. I think it is a favorable draw.

Belgium is good, but not the most imposing European outfit. I don't fear Canada, their 1st appearance in decades, with hardly any marquee players. The team I am cagy about is indeed Morocco.

What can you tell me about them? I recall the Atlas Lions being fit, disciplined, decent skilled, but no superstars. They gave Spain and Portugal a tough time. The USA recently routed them 3-0.

BTW: this Croatian team is loaded. Modric-Brozovic-Kovacic-Perisic, maybe the best midfield in the world. The defense will be our best ever, with rising young players from the best club teams. Blend of youth and experience.

Our weakness is no world class forwards. In fact, not even 1 international class forward. We might have to gamble on players under 20. We control the middle, staunch defense, but will need many shot for goals.

How does Morocco play style wise? Any standout players?
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
User avatar
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 22338
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 3:20 am
Location: Chiraq
Re: Tell Me About Morocco: Group F World Cup 2022

Post by King Futcha »

I will be rooting for them, three Sevilla boys in the squad

Yassine Bounou
Munir Haddadi
Youssef En-Nesyri

I am not an expert on their team but as an adopted team i feel i can give an opinion... please anyone who knows better correct anything ive said.

they play a 4-5-1 with En-Nesyri leading the line he is a good player but not a natural goal scorer

stand out players
Noussair Mazraoui (just signed for Bayern)
Achraf Hakimi (PSG)
Romain Saïss (Wolves)

looks like Ziyech (Chelsea) will be returning to the side, he and Mazraoui had fallen out with the manager.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
User avatar
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 26035
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:43 pm
Location: Cyberspace
Re: Tell Me About Morocco: Group F World Cup 2022

Post by Scipio Africanus »

mate wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 3:24 pm As you know, of course I'm rooting for Croatia in Group F. Drawn with Belgium, Morocco, and Canada. I think it is a favorable draw.

Belgium is good, but not the most imposing European outfit. I don't fear Canada, their 1st appearance in decades, with hardly any marquee players. The team I am cagy about is indeed Morocco.

What can you tell me about them? I recall the Atlas Lions being fit, disciplined, decent skilled, but no superstars. They gave Spain and Portugal a tough time. The USA recently routed them 3-0.

BTW: this Croatian team is loaded. Modric-Brozovic-Kovacic-Perisic, maybe the best midfield in the world. The defense will be our best ever, with rising young players from the best club teams. Blend of youth and experience.

Our weakness is no world class forwards. In fact, not even 1 international class forward. We might have to gamble on players under 20. We control the middle, staunch defense, but will need many shot for goals.

How does Morocco play style wise? Any standout players?
Your team is very talented, but unfortunately age is not on their side. Belgium also has the same problem, so it will be a toss up in the match between your guys and them. You are right to fear Morocco. They are a fast, slick passing team that creates lots of chances. Reminds me of a team your beautiful country always has problems with at the WC. M...co.

Anyway we will see. I can't wait!


376 heavily armed and trained cops in body armor, with APCs, are scared to death of ONE 18-year old with an AR-15

But the general public, with none of those advantages, should not be concerned that 18-year olds can buy AR-15s

- This piece of genius level logic brought to you by American conservatives and the Republican party
User avatar
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 16044
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2004 11:33 pm
Re: Tell Me About Morocco: Group F World Cup 2022

Post by mate »

King Futcha wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 6:45 pm I will be rooting for them, three Sevilla boys in the squad

Yassine Bounou
Munir Haddadi
Youssef En-Nesyri

I am not an expert on their team but as an adopted team i feel i can give an opinion... please anyone who knows better correct anything ive said.

they play a 4-5-1 with En-Nesyri leading the line he is a good player but not a natural goal scorer

stand out players
Noussair Mazraoui (just signed for Bayern)
Achraf Hakimi (PSG)
Romain Saïss (Wolves)

looks like Ziyech (Chelsea) will be returning to the side, he and Mazraoui had fallen out with the manager.
The formation is interesting. 1 striker and a midfield battle plays to Croatia's advantage. I fear teams with 2 forwards that can score 2 goals. We might find it tough to consistently score 2 goals in a game.

I stated reading about 3 Moroccans at Sevilla. That kind of familiarity and playing together helps.

I have no doubt Morocco will be a handful.
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
User avatar
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 16044
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2004 11:33 pm
Re: Tell Me About Morocco: Group F World Cup 2022

Post by mate »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:42 pm
mate wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 3:24 pm As you know, of course I'm rooting for Croatia in Group F. Drawn with Belgium, Morocco, and Canada. I think it is a favorable draw.

Belgium is good, but not the most imposing European outfit. I don't fear Canada, their 1st appearance in decades, with hardly any marquee players. The team I am cagy about is indeed Morocco.

What can you tell me about them? I recall the Atlas Lions being fit, disciplined, decent skilled, but no superstars. They gave Spain and Portugal a tough time. The USA recently routed them 3-0.

BTW: this Croatian team is loaded. Modric-Brozovic-Kovacic-Perisic, maybe the best midfield in the world. The defense will be our best ever, with rising young players from the best club teams. Blend of youth and experience.

Our weakness is no world class forwards. In fact, not even 1 international class forward. We might have to gamble on players under 20. We control the middle, staunch defense, but will need many shot for goals.

How does Morocco play style wise? Any standout players?
Your team is very talented, but unfortunately age is not on their side. Belgium also has the same problem, so it will be a toss up in the match between your guys and them. You are right to fear Morocco. They are a fast, slick passing team that creates lots of chances. Reminds me of a team your beautiful country always has problems with at the WC. M...co.

Anyway we will see. I can't wait!
It's funny because Croatia is not old.

We have a formidable midfield.
Modric - 37: yes, but an exceptional athlete.
Brozovic - 29:
Kovacic - 28:
Perisic - 33: another exceptional athlete, relies on a lot on fitness and speed.
Pasalic - 27:
Majer - 24:
Vlasic - 24:

The defense is stacked with young guys.
Sosa - 24:
Gvardiol - 20:
Stanisic - 22: plays for Bayern and stopped Mbappe in the last NL game.
Sutalo - 22:
Erlic - 24:
Juranovic - 26: speedy Celtic player/
Augmented by these guys, who are reserves now:
Vrsaljko - 30:
Vida - 33:
Barisic - 29:

Try to watch Croatia vs France. The starting defense was solid. This might be the best Croatian defense ever. I believe we have a top 3 midfield.

The problem is forwards. We're almost desperate. Rebic plays in Germany but was kicked off the team for discipline.

In my earlier post, I think Morocco playing 3-5-1 plays into the strengths of this Croatian team. I just don't know how good the Moroccan defense is to know if they can play more forwards.

I saw Morocco plays fast and ball control.
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
User avatar
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 16044
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2004 11:33 pm
Re: Tell Me About Morocco: Group F World Cup 2022

Post by mate »

Dang.

Not many are talking to me about Morocco.

It must be a conspiracy!

:)
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
User avatar
Bigpokey24
Eagle
Eagle
Posts: 96725
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Location: Earth
Re: Tell Me About Morocco: Group F World Cup 2022

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Belgium and Croatia will advance in this group
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
User avatar
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 26035
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:43 pm
Location: Cyberspace
Re: Tell Me About Morocco: Group F World Cup 2022

Post by Scipio Africanus »

mate wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:52 pm Dang.

Not many are talking to me about Morocco.

It must be a conspiracy!

:)
Morocco will probably create a lot of chances but they are terrible finishers. I say Croatia takes the game 3-1 or 4-1. A shock result would be a 2-1 Morocco win which is certainly possible.


376 heavily armed and trained cops in body armor, with APCs, are scared to death of ONE 18-year old with an AR-15

But the general public, with none of those advantages, should not be concerned that 18-year olds can buy AR-15s

- This piece of genius level logic brought to you by American conservatives and the Republican party
User avatar
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 16044
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2004 11:33 pm
Re: Tell Me About Morocco: Group F World Cup 2022

Post by mate »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 3:36 pm
mate wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:52 pm Dang.

Not many are talking to me about Morocco.

It must be a conspiracy!

:)
Morocco will probably create a lot of chances but they are terrible finishers. I say Croatia takes the game 3-1 or 4-1. A shock result would be a 2-1 Morocco win which is certainly possible.
The more I learn, the more I see Morocco being the key game. Our opener. And Morocco seems measured, at least coaches and pundits.

Canada in contrast is talking up a storm. Pretty arrogant pundits, who seem to smell blood about Croatia and Morocco. Both Canada and Morocco seem to think Belgium is a bridge too far.

Ziyech. Will he play? Can’t believe he’s in a feud with the coach, who is Bosnian and knows Croatia well.
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
User avatar
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 26035
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:43 pm
Location: Cyberspace
Re: Tell Me About Morocco: Group F World Cup 2022

Post by Scipio Africanus »

mate wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 1:15 am
Scipio Africanus wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 3:36 pm
mate wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:52 pm Dang.

Not many are talking to me about Morocco.

It must be a conspiracy!

:)
Morocco will probably create a lot of chances but they are terrible finishers. I say Croatia takes the game 3-1 or 4-1. A shock result would be a 2-1 Morocco win which is certainly possible.
The more I learn, the more I see Morocco being the key game. Our opener. And Morocco seems measured, at least coaches and pundits.

Canada in contrast is talking up a storm. Pretty arrogant pundits, who seem to smell blood about Croatia and Morocco. Both Canada and Morocco seem to think Belgium is a bridge too far.

Ziyech. Will he play? Can’t believe he’s in a feud with the coach, who is Bosnian and knows Croatia well.
Canada will probably be a difficult game for your guys as well. Strong and physically fit, with decent strikers and even more importantly a tactically savvy coach. This group is more difficult than it seems.


376 heavily armed and trained cops in body armor, with APCs, are scared to death of ONE 18-year old with an AR-15

But the general public, with none of those advantages, should not be concerned that 18-year olds can buy AR-15s

- This piece of genius level logic brought to you by American conservatives and the Republican party
User avatar
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 16044
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2004 11:33 pm
Re: Tell Me About Morocco: Group F World Cup 2022

Post by mate »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:51 pm
mate wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 1:15 am
Scipio Africanus wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 3:36 pm
mate wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:52 pm Dang.

Not many are talking to me about Morocco.

It must be a conspiracy!

:)
Morocco will probably create a lot of chances but they are terrible finishers. I say Croatia takes the game 3-1 or 4-1. A shock result would be a 2-1 Morocco win which is certainly possible.
The more I learn, the more I see Morocco being the key game. Our opener. And Morocco seems measured, at least coaches and pundits.

Canada in contrast is talking up a storm. Pretty arrogant pundits, who seem to smell blood about Croatia and Morocco. Both Canada and Morocco seem to think Belgium is a bridge too far.

Ziyech. Will he play? Can’t believe he’s in a feud with the coach, who is Bosnian and knows Croatia well.
Canada will probably be a difficult game for your guys as well. Strong and physically fit, with decent strikers and even more importantly a tactically savvy coach. This group is more difficult than it seems.
The CONCACAF teams always seem fit: USA, Mexico, and Costa Rica, Canada too. I still don't think Canada has enough overall class. They're certainly improved, to all your points.

But as I posted earlier, I don't believe a country making its 1st appearance in decades can make that big an impact. Nobody is taking them lightly. Football is a sport where the margins are too thin for that regardless...but I like to think the teams with the most players playing key roles at big clubs has the advantage.

I think Morocco on the basis of the latter and recent experience has an edge over Canada. We will of course find out.
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
User avatar
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 22338
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 3:20 am
Location: Chiraq
Re: Tell Me About Morocco: Group F World Cup 2022

Post by King Futcha »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 3:36 pm
mate wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:52 pm Dang.

Not many are talking to me about Morocco.

It must be a conspiracy!

:)
Morocco will probably create a lot of chances but they are terrible finishers. I say Croatia takes the game 3-1 or 4-1. A shock result would be a 2-1 Morocco win which is certainly possible.
defense is by far and away their strength both players and their coach, no way no how they concede 3 or 4 goals.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
User avatar
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 26035
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:43 pm
Location: Cyberspace
Re: Tell Me About Morocco: Group F World Cup 2022

Post by Scipio Africanus »

King Futcha wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:27 pm
Scipio Africanus wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 3:36 pm
mate wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:52 pm Dang.

Not many are talking to me about Morocco.

It must be a conspiracy!

:)
Morocco will probably create a lot of chances but they are terrible finishers. I say Croatia takes the game 3-1 or 4-1. A shock result would be a 2-1 Morocco win which is certainly possible.
defense is by far and away their strength both players and their coach, no way no how they concede 3 or 4 goals.
Didn't a stacked Morocco just concede 3 against the USA? Granted it was a friendly but their defense ain't all that, same with their 'keeper. Anyway, we will see.


376 heavily armed and trained cops in body armor, with APCs, are scared to death of ONE 18-year old with an AR-15

But the general public, with none of those advantages, should not be concerned that 18-year olds can buy AR-15s

- This piece of genius level logic brought to you by American conservatives and the Republican party
User avatar
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 16044
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2004 11:33 pm
Re: Tell Me About Morocco: Group F World Cup 2022

Post by mate »

If Morocco is defensive and prefers to stack the midfield with 1 forward, that plays to Croatian strength.

Our defense is pretty strong. We have maybe the best midfield in the world. Again, we don't have 1 international class forward but will probably play 1 forward...meaning teams can take a little more risk against us offensively.

We will possess and try to create good chances, maybe even counter. Methodical as opposed to a high press...but laying back invites a high press with less risk for us.
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
User avatar
chopachop
Egg
Egg
Posts: 788
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2005 7:19 am
Re: Tell Me About Morocco: Group F World Cup 2022

Post by chopachop »

mate wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 8:20 pm If Morocco is defensive and prefers to stack the midfield with 1 forward, that plays to Croatian strength.

Our defense is pretty strong. We have maybe the best midfield in the world. Again, we don't have 1 international class forward but will probably play 1 forward...meaning teams can take a little more risk against us offensively.

We will possess and try to create good chances, maybe even counter. Methodical as opposed to a high press...but laying back invites a high press with less risk for us.
Waoh, the best midfield in the World, that is some confidence.
Just like most people think their mom is the best cook.
Well in a few months time we will know.
User avatar
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet
Posts: 16044
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2004 11:33 pm
Re: Tell Me About Morocco: Group F World Cup 2022

Post by mate »

chopachop wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 4:26 am
mate wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 8:20 pm If Morocco is defensive and prefers to stack the midfield with 1 forward, that plays to Croatian strength.

Our defense is pretty strong. We have maybe the best midfield in the world. Again, we don't have 1 international class forward but will probably play 1 forward...meaning teams can take a little more risk against us offensively.

We will possess and try to create good chances, maybe even counter. Methodical as opposed to a high press...but laying back invites a high press with less risk for us.
Waoh, the best midfield in the World, that is some confidence.
Just like most people think their mom is the best cook.
Well in a few months time we will know.
I did say maybe. Right?

:)

We have:

Luka Modric, Real Madrid.
Marcelo Brozovic, Inter Milan.
Mateo Kovacic, Chelsea.
Ivan Perisic, Tottenham.
Lovro Majer, Rennes.
Mario Pasalic, Atalanta.

These are major players at their clubs, some of the best teams in their leagues. We have even more I didn't list that are up and coming. Good blend of speed, experience, skill, and leadership.

I'd put us up against anybody. Not saying we'd always come out on top, but this is a good unit around which to build a good NT. By the way, the defense is really young but talented.

All I'm saying is we have to play to our strength. Which is the midfield, anchored by a good back line. We will struggle to score however...which is why I expect at best a QF.

And, no doubt, we could get beaten by Morocco in the 1st round. The game, like the opener against Nigeria in 2018, is crucial to set the tone. We have Canada and then Belgium in our last group game, which of course will be tough if we need a win.
Pax Americana...Wither Now?

Post Reply