Ethan Nwaneri

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Ethan Nwaneri

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

15yr old Arsenal player that came of in injury time v Brentford. Never seen him play, don't know what position he plays and he never touched the ball v Brentford.

Assuming he's Nigerian mek we kuku try to cap tie him now. Playing for Arsenal at 15yrs is no small achievement. All I know is that he's not a goalie.

Mek we call am?
OCCUPY NFF!!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Ethan Nwaneri

Apparently he's already an England U17 attNever-ending! Kai... Eze, Olise, Chukwuemeka and now Nwaneri. England has enough Nigerian MF to last them the next 15yrs. Chaaaaiii.... we don suffa.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 2:00 pm 15yr old Arsenal player that came of in injury time v Brentford. Never seen him play, don't know what position he plays and he never touched the ball v Brentford.

Assuming he's Nigerian mek we kuku try to cap tie him now. Playing for Arsenal at 15yrs is no small achievement. All I know is that he's not a goalie.

Mek we call am?

He did get a touch. He is too young to evaluate him. He is better off playing for the England youth teams for his development
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Undertaker wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 2:17 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 2:00 pm 15yr old Arsenal player that came of in injury time v Brentford. Never seen him play, don't know what position he plays and he never touched the ball v Brentford.

Mek we call am?

He did get a touch. He is too young to evaluate him. He is better off playing for the England youth teams for his development
Wouldn't be a bad idea to call him up to the u17 team.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Undertaker wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 2:17 pm

Mek we call am?

The kid has made it through the Arsenal youth team to thev1st team in record time. What other evaluation do we need to do? Do u want Eguavoen to evaluate him before we call him? Sadly, based on what I'm reading about him he's a generational No 10 talent that's unlikely to look our way at this point.
OCCUPY NFF!!
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

wiseone wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 3:12 pm
Kai! Someone wrote "because of Partey!" Wicked
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Arsenal is literally a Nigerian 2.0 academy, I don't think there's any English club with more Nigerian youngsters than Arsenal.
hestonap
Egg
Egg

Post by hestonap »

Firstly congrats to the boy and I truly hope he goes on to have an excellent career.

Mixed feeling for me every time I read stories like this. A reminder of what we have lost, are losing and will continue lose as a nation in past, current and future terms.

Whether it is dispora or ‘local’…. It’s an example of how Nigerians are forced to leave her shores for better pastures because our nation is far from conducive. We lose the potential of the individual that emigrated and potentially that if their progeny. By extension, the same applies to the ones who stay back but local circumstances impede their God given potentials.

It is bittersweet. I pray and hope the boy has an outstanding career whether he plays for England or Nigeria. As a Nigerian who has taken the diaspora path and now have sons here I often and increasingly wonder.

Anyway, I can only hope even when all evidence points to the contrary that God and whatever forces that be bless and somehow place a continuing favourable disposition to and on my nation Nigeria and all that is associated with her.

Excited and depressed at the same time at the news I must admit.
God bless and keep Nigeria and make his face shine on her undeserving as she may be.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

hestonap wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:58 pm Firstly congrats to the boy and I truly hope he goes on to have an excellent career.

Mixed feeling for me every time I read stories like this. A reminder of what we have lost, are losing and will continue lose as a nation in past, current and future terms.

Whether it is dispora or ‘local’…. It’s an example of how Nigerians are forced to leave her shores for better pastures because our nation is far from conducive. We lose the potential of the individual that emigrated and potentially that if their progeny. By extension, the same applies to the ones who stay back but local circumstances impede their God given potentials.

It is bittersweet. I pray and hope the boy has an outstanding career whether he plays for England or Nigeria. As a Nigerian who has taken the diaspora path and now have sons here I often and increasingly wonder.

Anyway, I can only hope even when all evidence points to the contrary that God and whatever forces that be bless and somehow place a continuing favourable disposition to and on my nation Nigeria and all that is associated with her.

Your post just got me thinking, if we put together a first XI of Nigerians players born abroad in a football sense and now play for their nations of birth, we just might have a world cup winning team...that's how much talents we've lost and keep losing to other nations.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Tobi17 wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 5:07 pm
hestonap wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:58 pm Firstly congrats to the boy and I truly hope he goes on to have an excellent career.

Your post just got me thinking, if we put together a first XI of Nigerians players born abroad in a football sense and now play for their nations of birth, we just might have a world cup winning team...that's how much talents we've lost and keep losing to other nations.
We'd be vastly better but I don't think we'd be a WC winning team yet The Naija polish LB and the Italian CD are the only ones we could call world class at some point, they rest are still potentials.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 5:52 pm

We'd be vastly better but I don't think we'd be a WC winning team yet The Naija polish LB and the Italian CD are the only ones we could call world class at some point, they rest are still potentials.
Oh boy if you know your football, then these names wont be unfamiliar to you.. David Alaba, Musiala, Manuel Akanji, Tammy Abraham, Olise, Ebere Eze, Noah Okafor, Karim Adeyemi etc
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

If you could pick only 3 players of Nigerian descent who currently play for other countries, and could get them to switch allegiance to Nigeria, which 3 would you pick? (even if they already played for another country)
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

wiseone wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:25 pm If you could pick only 3 players of Nigerian descent who currently play for other countries, and could get them to switch allegiance to Nigeria, which 3 would you pick? (even if they already played for another country)
Saka Alaba, Akanji
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Alaba and Akanji are good shouts. Is there a good GK of Nigerian descent playing for another country?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

you people are back with pimping anything born in england, this is one of the reasons we failed to qualify, don't focus on developing una own keep lurking for 15 year olds..
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

The way I look at this is that these are British kids, full stop. They aren't Nigerian kids. Social development is important and these are for all intents and purposes, British. He will consider Nigeria only as a distant choice that will be used if and when the door to his first and natural choice closes.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Enugu II wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:58 pm The way I look at this is that these are British kids, full stop. They aren't Nigerian kids. Social development is important and these are for all intents and purposes, British. He will consider Nigeria only as a distant choice that will be used if and when the door to his first and natural choice closes.
Yup. At this point we can only hope to get the ones that England doesn’t want. Maybe 1 of Eze, Chukwuemeka, olise or Madueke will fall to us.
OCCUPY NFF!!
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

If we are doing this in sports tell me why same should apply in government
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

jette1 wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:48 pm

Peter Obi's government wants to stop outsourcing our best of talents to other developed countries
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Tobi17 wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:13 pm
jette1 wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:48 pm

Peter Obi's government wants to stop outsourcing our best of talents to other developed countries

Ok o. E go do u laik fim trick when Obi girs for medical check up in London after the election. :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

bret- hart wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:53 pm
wiseone wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:25 pm If you could pick only 3 players of Nigerian descent who currently play for other countries, and could get them to switch allegiance to Nigeria, which 3 would you pick? (even if they already played for another country)
Saka Alaba, Akanji
I would replace Alaba with the Udinese RB Kingsley Ehizibue. Alaba is still a top player but nearing the end of his career.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Lolly wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:51 am
bret- hart wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:53 pm
Saka Alaba, Akanji
I would replace Alaba with the Udinese RB Kingsley Ehizibue. Alaba is still a top player but nearing the end of his career.
Obviously the context here is Alaba at his prime