REMO STARS - The privately run NPFL club shaking up the domestic scene

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: The privately run NPFL club shaking up the domestic scene - REMO STARS

Post by 1naija »

Farming season don start for Remo stars
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Enugu II wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 2:08 am
Adisboy wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:47 am Remo Stars doing the right things. You can see the structure that has been set now we are seeing the results. The current coach was sent to Portugal for a year as an understudy. Also they have a well structured youth academy. This is how clubs should be run in Nigeria
Agreed.... This is specifically why the state should get out.... With the state, there is no incentive for long run growth of any of the clubs.
In Ondo State, the so called stakeholders are challenging the decision of the State government to privatise Sunshine Stars!
It's as if these people are stuck in the stone age.
I am happy
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Dammy wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 10:25 pm
Adisboy wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 9:47 am Remo Stars doing the right things. You can see the structure that has been set now we are seeing the results. The current coach was sent to Portugal for a year as an understudy. Also they have a well structured youth academy. This is how clubs should be run in Nigeria
Agreed.... This is specifically why the state should get out.... With the state, there is no incentive for long run growth of any of the clubs.
In Ondo State, the so called stakeholders are challenging the decision of the State government to privatise Sunshine Stars!
I hope that the government ignores those stakeholders. Sell the club to private entities but use the proceeds to provide something in return -- playing area for youths, or whatever that can be associated with the sale over a long period. The mistake is to sell and the proceeds cannot be remembered in a few years.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

What makes them stake holders if all the funding and decision making is coming from the government❓❗️

Cheers.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Who are they, as in, what makes them ‘stakeholders’?
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Damunk wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:46 am
Who are they, as in, what makes them ‘stakeholders’?
Members of the state FA, Sports writers, former players and coaches etc
I am happy
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

chei they lost oooo Remo stars are out
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Rivers also lost , but advance 3-1 AGG , Plateau United won 1-0 in Abuja and advance 3-2 AGG
SuperEagles

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

The Remo result is gravely disappointing. I really looked at it as a big opportunity for a deserving club. Oh well, change is never easy.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Sunset wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:03 pm I'm sure a number of people know about the club and how difficult it is in the country for one to run a private club successfully as they have been through their fair share of trials & tribulations getting relegated in the two NPFL seasons they competed in, but one thing was for sure and it was that they were producing some talented young players regardless of it. Oche Salefu & Victor Mbaoma in particular have been two of the biggest talents in the domestic and continental scene.

Oche Inspires Feirense to a dramatic comeback win in the league with this equalizing goal! He has been the most successful of the 4 Nigerians that joined them last season
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:31 pm chei they lost oooo Remo stars are out
They over- celebrated the first leg result. Hopefully they will learn from it.
I am happy
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

With still no date for the NPFL 2022/2023 season Remo Stars thump yet another team in a friendly match

While their U19's are now 4 points clear at the top of The Creative Championship League with a 4 - 2 win

Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: REMO STARS - The privately run NPFL club shaking up the domestic scene

Post by Sunset »

3 years ago
NPFL is a waste of Time and Money, Remo Stars Owner Concedes
https://www.footballlive.ng/npfl-is-a-w ... -concedes/
By Seyi Alao -October 14, 201901936

Remo Stars SC Chairman and Owner Kunle Soname has bemoaned the poor structure and the less enterprising status of the Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL), saying it’s a waste of time, money and resources for him as a football investor.
Soname, who was speaking at Gateway United’s Stakeholders forum on Friday in Abeokuta, argued that he’s rather focused on the development of the players than any financial gain from owning a club in the Nigerian league.

“My own private team (Remo Stars) has gone up twice and has come down twice. For me, playing in the topflight league is a bloody waste of time, money, energy and resources for me as a football investor.

“Within the past four years, I have sent 14 young boys to Europe. For me, playing in the league is actually to prepare for future task ahead.”

“So for me, just like I keep telling my coaches, you are here to develop these players. First thing is to develop the players. If we don’t do this, promotion will not come. It’s only here I hear that u give a coach a job and you tell him who to play or who not to play.

“Let’s look at development, otherwise we are wasting our time . that’s the right way to operate” he concluded.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Remo Unveil their upgraded livestream production in a friendly vs Kwaraa as they will now be in HD

Same day the owner shows love to club Captain Junior Nduka :clap: :clap: :clap:
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Bruno (Cup), Agbeko (U19 +2 assists) & Oyedele (U19) have all scored their first goal of the season :clap: :clap: :clap:

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

when is the Nigerian league starting. Any info on investing or taking over a football club/buying some shares ? I am very much interested in such .
SuperEagles

bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 12:30 am when is the Nigerian league starting. Any info on investing or taking over a football club/buying some shares ? I am very much interested in such .
Good Question. I want to invest in Remo stars. They are a model club. Wish other NPFL clubs were run like them.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Well done to Remo Stars. I hope they get an official tie-up with a European club (like Ajax Cape Town once had with Ajax Amsterdam).
Last edited by wiseone on Sat Feb 04, 2023 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Sunset wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:40 pm 3 years ago
NPFL is a waste of Time and Money, Remo Stars Owner Concedes
https://www.footballlive.ng/npfl-is-a-w ... -concedes/
By Seyi Alao -October 14, 201901936

Remo Stars SC Chairman and Owner Kunle Soname has bemoaned the poor structure and the less enterprising status of the Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL), saying it’s a waste of time, money and resources for him as a football investor.
Soname, who was speaking at Gateway United’s Stakeholders forum on Friday in Abeokuta, argued that he’s rather focused on the development of the players than any financial gain from owning a club in the Nigerian league.

“My own private team (Remo Stars) has gone up twice and has come down twice. For me, playing in the topflight league is a bloody waste of time, money, energy and resources for me as a football investor.

“Within the past four years, I have sent 14 young boys to Europe. For me, playing in the league is actually to prepare for future task ahead.”

“So for me, just like I keep telling my coaches, you are here to develop these players. First thing is to develop the players. If we don’t do this, promotion will not come. It’s only here I hear that u give a coach a job and you tell him who to play or who not to play.

“Let’s look at development, otherwise we are wasting our time . that’s the right way to operate” he concluded.

IMO, the trend as demonstrated by the above quote, old it may be, is VERY DANGEROUS for the long term growth of Nigerian football.

This is why I am a strong advocate of the NFF exerting some sort of oversight- technical support, enforcement of standards on record keeping, etc, on these clubs/academies.

These clubs are simply designed to sell players, hence the quote about the NPFL being 'a bloody waste of time'...
Remo may be more than that, but especially when you look at the academies from which the majority of the U-20 squad has been formed, you can see a clear linkage between the interests of these academies and agency-inspired invitations...

While I 100% understand the interest of these club owners, who have invested money and effort in their projects, there needs to be a way to ensure that the long term goal of developing a thriving domestic game is not compromised by this very narrow interest.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Sunset wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:20 am
This boy looks very special. :clap: :clap: :clap:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "