Ethan Nwaneri

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Re: Ethan Nwaneri

Post by Tobi17 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:51 am
Tobi17 wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:13 pm
jette1 wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:48 pm
Tobi17 wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 5:07 pm
hestonap wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:58 pm Firstly congrats to the boy and I truly hope he goes on to have an excellent career.

Mixed feeling for me every time I read stories like this. A reminder of what we have lost, are losing and will continue lose as a nation in past, current and future terms.

Whether it is dispora or ‘local’…. It’s an example of how Nigerians are forced to leave her shores for better pastures because our nation is far from conducive. We lose the potential of the individual that emigrated and potentially that if their progeny. By extension, the same applies to the ones who stay back but local circumstances impede their God given potentials.

It is bittersweet. I pray and hope the boy has an outstanding career whether he plays for England or Nigeria. As a Nigerian who has taken the diaspora path and now have sons here I often and increasingly wonder.

Anyway, I can only hope even when all evidence points to the contrary that God and whatever forces that be bless and somehow place a continuing favourable disposition to and on my nation Nigeria and all that is associated with her.

Excited and depressed at the same time at the news I must admit.
Your post just got me thinking, if we put together a first XI of Nigerians players born abroad in a football sense and now play for their nations of birth, we just might have a world cup winning team...that's how much talents we've lost and keep losing to other nations.
If we are doing this in sports tell me why same should apply in government
Peter Obi's government wants to stop outsourcing our best of talents to other developed countries

Ok o. E go do u laik fim trick when Obi girs for medical check up in London after the election. :laugh:
My brother they are all the same jare
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

Here comes the claimers, no work but to claim everybody. :lol: :lol:
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Mr. Piffington wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:00 pm Here comes the claimers, no work but to claim everybody. :lol: :lol:

Which work we get? It ain’t like we’re preparing for the World Cup,Afcon or anything exciting.
Abeg if u know of any good player that has even 1% Niaja blood Mek you send me info, I go post am myself jare. :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Enugu II wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:58 pm The way I look at this is that these are British kids, full stop. They aren't Nigerian kids. Social development is important and these are for all intents and purposes, British. He will consider Nigeria only as a distant choice that will be used if and when the door to his first and natural choice closes.
Chief you will be pleasantly surprised that these kids are more Nigerian than you think. I talk from experience with my kids born in diaspora. When I attend their events either in school or sports, these kids with Nigerian heritage tend to gather together and mingle. You need to hear them speak in their pidgin pidgin english.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

azuka wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:38 pm
Enugu II wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:58 pm The way I look at this is that these are British kids, full stop. They aren't Nigerian kids. Social development is important and these are for all intents and purposes, British. He will consider Nigeria only as a distant choice that will be used if and when the door to his first and natural choice closes.
Chief you will be pleasantly surprised that these kids are more Nigerian than you think. I talk from experience with my kids born in diaspora. When I attend their events either in school or sports, these kids with Nigerian heritage tend to gather together and mingle. You need to hear them speak in their pidgin pidgin english.
But they rarely choose to represent Nigeria unless England doesn’t want them. Seems they’d rather speak pidgin with their England team mates.
OCCUPY NFF!!
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 1:10 pm
But they rarely choose to represent Nigeria unless England doesn’t want them. Seems they’d rather speak pidgin with their England team mates.
It is not that simple. Have you ever considered the fact that most of these kids chose not to represent Nigeria because they fancy their chances with other countries? I mean a lot of these kids in heart will love to represent Nigeria but when they consider the immense talents in Nigeria, they fancy their chances with other countries.

That was the situation with John Fashanu in the 80s when he arrived in SE camp. But seeing talent he's to compete with, he claim injury.

That is the situation today with my son who rather fancies his chances with Canada or even USA in athletics rather than Nigeria. And this is someone whose dream till tomorrow is to represent Nigeria? To tell you how genuine his wish is, he's in touch with the AFN. But for some documentation issue he would have represented Nigeria at the last World Universities games in China. All these efforts were taken by him before he tells me.

So for these kids, try to see the situation from their own point of view.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

azuka wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 1:29 pm
It is not that simple. Have you ever considered the fact that most of these kids chose not to represent Nigeria because they fancy their chances with other countries? I mean a lot of these kids in heart will love to represent Nigeria but when they consider the immense talents in Nigeria, they fancy their chances with other countries.

That was the situation with John Fashanu in the 80s when he arrived in SE camp. But seeing talent he's to compete with, he claim injury.

That is the situation today with my son who rather fancies his chances with Canada or even USA in athletics rather than Nigeria. And this is someone whose dream till tomorrow is to represent Nigeria? To tell you how genuine his wish is, he's in touch with the AFN. But for some documentation issue he would have represented Nigeria at the last World Universities games in China. All these efforts were taken by him before he tells me.

Azuka,

Your son must be an outlier. The fact is that people often choose what is most comfortable. That is a human trait.

Perhaps, your son is most comfortable with the Nigerian situation. For most of these kids with Nigerian parents, it is their parents who have Nigerian families and friends in their association circle/network. The kids have a far more cosmopolitan circle/network of friends that goes way beyond Nigerians and will include lots of people from the land where they now reside. That is their social network (Different from their parent's social network) and that often will inform their choices.

This is why it is not shocking at all that these kids are not ranking Nigeria as their first choice. Those that eventually choose Nigeria, do so because they are unable or unlikely to make their first choice but they still want to play international football. Thus, Nigeria becomes a fallback choice. Nothing surprising about this, at all. It is simply human nature.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
azuka
Egg
Egg

Post by azuka »

Enugu II wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:26 pm

Azuka,

Your son must be an outlier. The fact is that people often choose what is most comfortable. That is a human trait.

Perhaps, your son is most comfortable with the Nigerian situation. For most of these kids with Nigerian parents, it is their parents who have Nigerian families and friends in their association circle/network. The kids have a far more cosmopolitan circle/network of friends that goes way beyond Nigerians and will include lots of people from the land where they now reside. That is their social network (Different from their parent's social network) and that often will inform their choices.

This is why it is not shocking at all that these kids are not ranking Nigeria as their first choice. Those that eventually choose Nigeria, do so because they are unable or unlikely to make their first choice but they still want to play international football. Thus, Nigeria becomes a fallback choice. Nothing surprising about this, at all. It is simply human nature.
Not at all. If he doesn't want to run for Nigeria, why will he be in touch with the AFN? Quite a number of his friends are Nigerian kids sent here to study and other Nigerian kids he meets at competitions.

I gave you 2 examples: my son and John Fashanu.
My son's first choice and dream is still Nigeria. For him Canada and USA are just 2nd and 3rd choices. That he's today considering those 2 countries today is because of the amount of talents in Nigeria.
Let's forget about him and consider Fashanu. At point he arrived at the SE camp, there were Rashidi Yekinni, Richard Owubokiri, Daniel Amokachie all competiting for the same position. Please tell which of these players he could have displaced?
And that's what i think might be the situation with other Nigerian stars who though would love to compete for Nigeria.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Ethan Nwanei

Post by Damunk »

Azuka,

Prof, you keep repeating this your POV and never give a second of consideration for an alternative perspective.
You quickly suggest Azuka’s son is an outlier but he is not.

Countless times I and several others have tried to make it clear that this your position is just one of several very real scenarios. More to the point, much of the time the decision is strictly financial/career-related and NOT about feeling more ‘British’ (or in Azuka’s son’s case, American) than Nigerian, or about their social circles.
I can’t speak for the Americas, but like I’ve repeatedly said, the British thing isn’t exactly as you say it. As a kid even back then, I ‘claimed’ Jamaican identity before British or English. ‘Nigerian’ was a no-no. Things today have completely swung around but black boys are still not too keen to carry the British flag or sing ‘God save the King’. It’s NOT seen as cool.

Take it from someone that was born here and have lived more than half my life here, and have raised kids here, overseen sons of friends and even my own nephew who were all in the youth football system with Crystal Palace, Millwall, Tottenham & Arsenal.
My nephew unfortunately decided at 15 he didn’t want to play football anymore - to the shock of his dad and his mother, my sister.

You no just wan gree that the African identity - and specifically the Nigerian identity - is far stronger today than it was in our time, or even 15 years ago, amongst the younger generation.
At least give some consideration to the changing times, biko.

What Azuka is saying is a VERY familiar story and is by no means a one-off. :idea:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

I think you guys are downplaying or failing to factor in the growing influence that the Nigerian mainstream culture especially our Afrobeats music is having on these kids of Naija heritage born abroad, here in the USA, second and third generation Nigerian-Americans identify with Naija so strongly even more than us that immigrated here from Nigeria, the pop culture that the likes of Rema, Burnaboy, Asake, Ckay, Fireboy DML, Oxlade, Victony etc have brought to the spotlight through Afrobeats and Afrofusion has been IMMENSE...I've always being of the opinion that our music growth might just be the one silver lining that will massively shape the globalization of Nigeria in the coming years cause it's only getting started and even better...and the effect of this will in a few years strongly play a role into reasons why a lot of top football talents of Nigerian heritage born abroad will want to represent Nigeria...so I'm not even worried so much about our diaspora talents wanting to represent us across all sporting platforms, I'm more concerned about us fixing our football structure back home.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

azuka wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:48 pm

Azuka,

Not at all. If he doesn't want to run for Nigeria, why will he be in touch with the AFN? Quite a number of his friends are Nigerian kids sent here to study and other Nigerian kids he meets at competitions.

I gave you 2 examples: my son and John Fashanu.
My son's first choice and dream is still Nigeria. For him Canada and USA are just 2nd and 3rd choices. That he's today considering those 2 countries today is because of the amount of talents in Nigeria.
Let's forget about him and consider Fashanu. At point he arrived at the SE camp, there were Rashidi Yekinni, Richard Owubokiri, Daniel Amokachie all competiting for the same position. Please tell which of these players he could have displaced?
And that's what i think might be the situation with other Nigerian stars who though would love to compete for Nigeria.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Tobi17 wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 5:27 pm I think you guys are downplaying or failing to factor in the growing influence that the Nigerian mainstream culture especially our Afrobeats music is having on these kids of Naija heritage born abroad, here in the USA, second and third generation Nigerian-Americans identify with Naija so strongly even more than us that immigrated here from Nigeria, the pop culture that the likes of Rema, Burnaboy, Asake, Ckay, Fireboy DML, Oxlade, Victony etc have brought to the spotlight through Afrobeats and Afrofusion has been IMMENSE...I've always being of the opinion that our music growth might just be the one silver lining that will massively shape the globalization of Nigeria in the coming years cause it's only getting started and even better...and the effect of this will in a few years strongly play a role into reasons why a lot of top football talents of Nigerian heritage born abroad will want to represent Nigeria...so I'm not even worried so much about our diaspora talents wanting to represent us across all sporting platforms, I'm more concerned about us fixing our football structure back home.
Thank you, Tobi.
You have said it all.
I didn’t want to go into the reasons, but you are spot on.
People are just analyzing from an outdated world view.Nigeria as a country might be effed-up, but that’s not the ‘consign’ of many of today’s kids
That one na una problem.

For them it’s about identifying from afar and that is dictated by pop culture - music, film, fashion, food, all backed up by the huge demand for African content everywhere.
Shiny roads, pristine beaches and an ‘organized’ society is not a priority of youth.

That’s “old people’s” issues as far as they are concerned.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Damunk wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:36 pm
Tobi17 wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 5:27 pm I think you guys are downplaying or failing to factor in the growing influence that the Nigerian mainstream culture especially our Afrobeats music is having on these kids of Naija heritage born abroad, here in the USA, second and third generation Nigerian-Americans identify with Naija so strongly even more than us that immigrated here from Nigeria, the pop culture that the likes of Rema, Burnaboy, Asake, Ckay, Fireboy DML, Oxlade, Victony etc have brought to the spotlight through Afrobeats and Afrofusion has been IMMENSE...I've always being of the opinion that our music growth might just be the one silver lining that will massively shape the globalization of Nigeria in the coming years cause it's only getting started and even better...and the effect of this will in a few years strongly play a role into reasons why a lot of top football talents of Nigerian heritage born abroad will want to represent Nigeria...so I'm not even worried so much about our diaspora talents wanting to represent us across all sporting platforms, I'm more concerned about us fixing our football structure back home.
Thank you, Tobi.
You have said it all.
People are just analyzing from an outdated world view.Nigeria as a country might be effed-up, but that’s not the ‘consign’ of many of today’s kids
That one na una problem.

For them it’s about identifying from afar and that is dictated by pop culture - music, film, fashion, food, all backed up by the huge demand for African content everywhere.
Shiny roads, pristine beaches and an ‘organized’ society is not a priority of youth.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: pure rubbish .. i have read it all on CE
SuperEagles

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:42 pm
Thank you, Tobi.
You have said it all.
That one na una problem.

You insist on embarrassing yourself like, every single day.
Which reminds me.
I found this rhyme for you...by some guy called 'Da Snoop Munkey' :thumb:
"With so much knowledge in this place, C-E
It's kind of hard bein' me, Mr Big-Porkey
Cos I, somehow, some way
Keep comin' up with dummy-a$$ ish like, every single day

I got my TV in my BQ and I'm switchin' it on
And my #$% ain't movin' til' six in the morn'
Then, what Ima gonna do?
Sheutt!
I got a pocket full of rubbers for my silicon dolls too..."
Does the guy know you personally? :ohmy:
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Damunk wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 9:39 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:42 pm
Thank you, Tobi.
You have said it all.
That one na una problem.

You insist on embarrassing yourself like, every single day.
Which reminds me.
I found this rhyme for you...by some guy called 'Da Snoop Munkey' :thumb:
"With so much knowledge in this place, C-E
It's kind of hard bein' me, Mr Big-Porkey
Cos I, somehow, some way
Keep comin' up with dummy-a$$ ish like, every single day

I got my TV in my BQ and I'm switchin' it on
And my #$% ain't movin' til' six in the morn'
Then, what Ima gonna do?
Sheutt!
I got a pocket full of rubbers for my silicon dolls too..."
Does the guy know you personally? :ohmy:
is that how you got your username damunky from ..wow :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: see how you constantly expose yourself and how how you really don't review your thoughts before posting damunky lmao you also have a monkey as your profile picture chei my belle oo :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
SuperEagles

jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Tobi or whatever you call yourself you couldn't be more wrong. Very hard working Nigerian immigrants to the US and Europe most of whom on average have hold a bachelors degree and often working two jobs to ensure they provide their off springs with the best western education and the best traditional Nigeria family structure possible just as they were raised back home would really laugh at you in coming here and telling this kind of lies and denying Nigerian immigrants their well earned credit and hard work raising kids that know exactly where they come from, kids who watched their parents work even three jobs and pay thousands of dollars taking them to Nigeria every Christmas to meet and know their families. For them to even pay attention to Nigerian music is a testament to the hard work their parents did in acculturating them to the values of Nigeria. They could care less of Nigerian musicians if their parents haven't already done the hard work of raising them to know who they really are. It is an unforgiven discredit for the toiling of these parents for you to come here insinuating anything but. Let me guess you must not have a girl friend yet talk less of a child.
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

jette1 wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:25 pm
Tobi or whatever you call yourself you couldn't be more wrong. Very hard working Nigerian immigrants to the US and Europe most of whom on average have hold a bachelors degree and often working two jobs to ensure they provide their off springs with the best western education and the best traditional Nigeria family structure possible just as they were raised back home would really laugh at you in coming here and telling this king of lies. For them to even pay attention to Nigerian music is a testament to the hard work their parents did in acculturating them to the values of Nigeria. They could care less of Nigerian musicians if their parents haven't already done the hard work of raising them to know who they really are. It is an unforgiven discredit for the toiling of these parents for you to come here insinuating anything but. Let me guess you must not have a girl friend yet talk less of a child.
Let me guess, you're a 50 maybe mid 50 year old depressed Nigerian man based in the states, you're still suffering from the hangover of midlife crisis and definitely pissed to see that your outdated opinion doesn't resonate with the Gen Z Nigerian-Americans who will definitely agree more with me that more than anything else, Nigerian pop culture moreso our music has tremendously shaped the perception these younger generations once had about identifying as Nigerians...I mean once upon a time (and it wasn't too long ago), lots of Nigerian-Americans kids all through their high school to College years never really liked to identify themselves as Nigerians, as it implied FOBs (Fresh off the boat) in a more derogatory context. Today we now see the effect of our music in the American mainstream culture today, even other ethnic groups here now vibe to Burnaboy songs effortlessly.

So sit your old #$% down when our generation talks, cause we are more in tune with the sociocultural dynamics of our immediate environment and what we had to deal with as second and third generation Nigerians in America. We do appreciate the profoundly selfless and golden roles our parents played in shaping our curriculum of appreciating our cultural values better, but we also can't discard the massive influence of Nigerian pop culture in defining our cultural values in recent times as well.

As for me having a girlfriend, I fail to see the correlation to the discourse, but I've happily engaged my soon to become wife.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Tobi17 wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:38 pm
Tobi or whatever you call yourself you couldn't be more wrong. Very hard working Nigerian immigrants to the US and Europe most of whom on average have hold a bachelors degree and often working two jobs to ensure they provide their off springs with the best western education and the best traditional Nigeria family structure possible just as they were raised back home would really laugh at you in coming here and telling this king of lies. For them to even pay attention to Nigerian music is a testament to the hard work their parents did in acculturating them to the values of Nigeria. They could care less of Nigerian musicians if their parents haven't already done the hard work of raising them to know who they really are. It is an unforgiven discredit for the toiling of these parents for you to come here insinuating anything but. Let me guess you must not have a girl friend yet talk less of a child.
Let me guess, you're a 50 maybe mid 50 year old depressed Nigerian man based in the states, you're still suffering from the hangover of midlife crisis and definitely pissed to see that your outdated opinion doesn't resonate with the Gen Z Nigerian-Americans who will definitely agree more with me that more than anything else, Nigerian pop culture moreso our music has tremendously shaped the perception these younger generations once had about identifying as Nigerians...I mean once upon a time (and it wasn't too long ago), lots of Nigerian-Americans kids all through their high school to College years never really liked to identify themselves as Nigerians, as it implied FOBs (Fresh off the boat) in a more derogatory context. Today we now see the effect of our music in the American mainstream culture today, even other ethnic groups here now vibe to Burnaboy songs effortlessly.

So sit your old #$% down when our generation talks, cause we are more in tune with the sociocultural dynamics of our immediate environment and what we had to deal with as second and third generation Nigerians in America. We do appreciate the profoundly selfless and golden roles our parents played in shaping our curriculum of appreciating our cultural values better, but we also can't discard the massive influence of Nigerian pop culture in defining our cultural values in recent times as well.

As for me having a girlfriend, I fail to see the correlation to the discourse, but I've happily engaged my soon to become wife.
It’s not a knock on you if you were deprived by absentee parents and instead got raised by social media and Afro beat. We still accept you as part of us. No need to be bitter just don’t do the same to your offsprings now that you have a girlfriend.
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Damunk wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:49 pm

Azuka,

Prof, you keep repeating this your POV and never give a second of consideration for an alternative perspective.
You quickly suggest Azuka’s son is an outlier but he is not.

Countless times I and several others have tried to make it clear that this your position is just one of several very real scenarios. More to the point, much of the time the decision is strictly financial/career-related and NOT about feeling more ‘British’ (or in Azuka’s son’s case, American) than Nigerian, or about their social circles.
I can’t speak for the Americas, but like I’ve repeatedly said, the British thing isn’t exactly as you say it. As a kid even back then, I ‘claimed’ Jamaican identity before British or English. ‘Nigerian’ was a no-no. Things today have completely swung around but black boys are still not too keen to carry the British flag or sing ‘God save the King’. It’s NOT seen as cool.

Take it from someone that was born here and have lived more than half my life here, and have raised kids here, overseen sons of friends and even my own nephew who were all in the youth football system with Crystal Palace, Millwall, Tottenham & Arsenal.
My nephew unfortunately decided at 15 he didn’t want to play football anymore - to the shock of his dad and his mother, my sister.

You no just wan gree that the African identity - and specifically the Nigerian identity - is far stronger today than it was in our time, or even 15 years ago, amongst the younger generation.
At least give some consideration to the changing times, biko.

What Azuka is saying is a VERY familiar story and is by no means a one-off. :idea:
Damunk

The taste of the pudding is in eating it. Do not forget that. When a top rated player chooses Nigeria while also wanted by England, then wake me up with an alternative theory. Remember, we thought Saka would be that guy - the outlier - yet it didn't happen. Akpoguma turned to us only after waiting for Germany. There are several other examples of guys who seemed hopeful of playing for both countries. The guy at QPR turned us done with hope of England but he will be available when that hope eventually fades. Let's see who is next i.e.. a truly gifted kid who is also strongly pursued by England.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Enugu II wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:49 am Damunk

The taste of the pudding is in eating it. Do not forget that. When a top rated player chooses Nigeria while also wanted by England, then wake me up with an alternative theory. Remember, we thought Saka would be that guy - the outlier - yet it didn't happen. Akpoguma turned to us only after waiting for Germany. There are several other examples of guys who seemed hopeful of playing for both countries. The guy at QPR turned us done with hope of England but he will be available when that hope eventually fades. Let's see who is next i.e.. a truly gifted kid who is also strongly pursued by England.
Prof, it seems we are arguing two different things. Either by accident or design.
But it’s okay.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

jette1 wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:57 am
Tobi17 wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:38 pm

It’s not a knock on you if you were deprived by absentee parents and instead got raised by social media and Afro beat. We still accept you as part of us. No need to be bitter just don’t do the same to your offsprings now that you have a girlfriend.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: shaittttt oh my ......man down chei bobo say them raise tobi by social media and Afro beat :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
SuperEagles

wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Frighteningly, someone said yesterday that Ethan's career will probably peak in the year 2037.

😳
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

This boy was 12 when the Covid pandemic started.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.