JOE ARIBO

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet
JOE ARIBO

Post by jette1 »

Does anyway know of any other reason Aribo was not invited other than what I already know. I have been saying it, as good as aribo is his girlish locking legs doesn't quite cut it in African hard tackle football. I feel relieved that someone else is taking a hard look at him. I know some would argue that those kind of legs abound but it is one thing when you learn your football on the streets of Africa and another learning in European academy
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: JOE ARIBO

Post by vancity eagle »

He is being given a rest.

You can forget about your delusional fantasies of him not being good enough for "African ball"
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

jette1 wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:46 pm Does anyway know of any other reason Aribo was not invited other than what I already know. I have been saying it, as good as aribo is his girlish locking legs doesn't quite cut it in African hard tackle football. I feel relieved that someone else is taking a hard look at him. I know some would argue that those kind of legs abound but it is one thing when you learn your football on the streets of Africa and another learning in European academy
I’d go with the theory that he’s being rested.
You do know that up until about two months ago, he had played the most number of games in the world for last season
So resting him makes sense.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

jette1 wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:46 pm Does anyway know of any other reason Aribo was not invited other than what I already know. I have been saying it, as good as aribo is his girlish locking legs doesn't quite cut it in African hard tackle football. I feel relieved that someone else is taking a hard look at him. I know some would argue that those kind of legs abound but it is one thing when you learn your football on the streets of Africa and another learning in European academy
Jette1 I think Joe will be back vs Cameroon and Portugal. He is currently burnt out
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

It appears Peseiro is big on full-on attacking football, our xG and goal scoring ratio under Peseiro in just 4 games (Mexico, Ecuador, Sierra Lone and Sao Tome) are triple anything we saw under Rohr's entire tenure.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Tobi17 wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 1:16 am It appears Peseiro is big on full-on attacking football, our xG and goal scoring ratio under Peseiro in just 4 games (Mexico, Ecuador, Sierra Lone and Sao Tome) are triple anything we saw under Rohr's entire tenure.
I hope Peseiro can be good but I don't know what kind of spin you are on.

Save for the Sao Tome match

We scored 2 against Sierra Leone at home.

Rohr scored 4

We scored a combined total of 1 goal against Ecuador and a weakened Mexico.

Rohr scored 4 against Argentina alone in a friendly.

A meaningful statistical based comparison between Peseiro and Rohr is FAR too premature.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Damunk wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:33 pm
I’d go with the theory that he’s being rested.
You do know that up until about two months ago, he had played the most number of games in the world for last season
So resting him makes sense.
I do not believe that theory. Sure he will be back but it is not unlikely that he is sulking after his performance and manager reaction during last two games that Nigeria played. That should never be underestimated.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Aribo’s form has dipped. I won’t surprised if the coach is looking to try others, while waiting him to get back to his old form.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

vancity eagle wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:29 am
Tobi17 wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 1:16 am It appears Peseiro is big on full-on attacking football, our xG and goal scoring ratio under Peseiro in just 4 games (Mexico, Ecuador, Sierra Lone and Sao Tome) are triple anything we saw under Rohr's entire tenure.
I hope Peseiro can be good but I don't know what kind of spin you are on.

Save for the Sao Tome match

We scored 2 against Sierra Leone at home.

Rohr scored 4

We scored a combined total of 1 goal against Ecuador and a weakened Mexico.

Rohr scored 4 against Argentina alone in a friendly.

A meaningful statistical based comparison between Peseiro and Rohr is FAR too premature.
I'm talking about our xG (expected goals) under Peseiro so far bro, in that Ecuador match for instance, we created gilt edged chances to win that game by at least 4 goals, the likes of Dessers, Moffi and Dennis were
particularly guilty of some unbelievable misses. Rohr's team did create lots of chances at the early stage of his tenure, until he switched to cowardly football.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Looking at the boys legs and comparing them to any women/girls you know is suspect but hey what ever tickles your fancy.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

vancity eagle wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:21 pm He is being given a rest.

You can forget about your delusional fantasies of him not being good enough for "African ball"
They are not good enough. All of them we currently have in midfield. We need better players.

Your own delusional fantasies are even worse when you overhype these average players and then throw a fit when they fail to meet your lofty expectations.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Eaglezbeak wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:38 am
Looking at the boys legs and comparing them to any women/girls you know is suspect but hey what ever tickles your fancy.
Dude I understand English isn’t one of your best subjects
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Orion wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:42 am
vancity eagle wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:21 pm He is being given a rest.

They are not good enough. All of them we currently have in midfield. We need better players.

Your own delusional fantasies are even worse when you overhype these average players and then throw a fit when they fail to meet your lofty expectations.
:lol:
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

I think we are putting too much weight in this thing called “African Football” A baller is a baller. Unless we are saying African player can adapt to bad pitches. If France or Germany play Kenya in Nairobi, the latter will still get slaughtered. Physicality and gra gra football in these days of VAR will only get you sent off.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
naijaguy
Egg
Egg

Post by naijaguy »

packerland wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 3:38 am I think we are putting too much weight in this thing called “African Football” A baller is a baller. Unless we are saying African player can adapt to bad pitches. If France or Germany play Kenya in Nairobi, the latter will still get slaughtered. Physicality and gra gra football in these days of VAR will only get you sent off.
You'd be shocked that Kenya would beat any of those teams in Nairobi. Football pitches also play a major role. On the other hand, do you think Pogba for instance would be playing same way he does for France it he had represented Guinea?
I am just and Ordinary guy being used by an extraordinary God.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

packerland wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 3:38 am I think we are putting too much weight in this thing called “African Football” A baller is a baller. Unless we are saying African player can adapt to bad pitches. If France or Germany play Kenya in Nairobi, the latter will still get slaughtered. Physicality and gra gra football in these days of VAR will only get you sent off.
Packerland,

There is a DIFFERENCE.... If you watch the games you will notice that the African game is very physical and the match officials allow those challenges to go on without calls. A player who isn't used to that, will struggle initially. Additionally, the speed can be a lot more. Of course, the ball possession is surely not as adept as the European game.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Lolly wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:19 am Aribo’s form has dipped. I won’t surprised if the coach is looking to try others, while waiting him to get back to his old form.
Hmm.. I think you have a point. Look at the fantastic form of Musa and Ndidi. :clap: :oops: :roll:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

LOL.

Aribo is taking a well deserved break.

But Peseiro should be holding a presser every time he releases a list. I mean come on. It saves us having to open threads like this.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Ugbowo wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:53 pm LOL.

But Peseiro should be holding a presser every time he releases a list. I mean come on. It saves us having to open threads like this.
Most Nigerians don’t care…really
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

:lol: :lol: :lol: Oga, I don't think there has ever been a coach for our National with full autonomy on who he invites.

How else will these leaches at the football house eat?

If they allow you 80% call-up space, dem don try sef.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Cellular wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:43 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: Oga, I don't think there has ever been a coach for our National with full autonomy on who he invites.

Well excuse me…I thought this was a big reason VE and his disciples prefer onyibo…they wouldn’t stand for this!!!! :tic:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

maceo4 wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:45 pm
Cellular wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 7:43 pm

Well excuse me…I thought this was a big reason VE and his disciples prefer onyibo…they wouldn’t stand for this!!!! :tic:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: that is what they want to wish for.

But as they get older and realize that there's no father Christmas, or discover how sausage is made they might begin to appreciate those who won despite and in spite of NFF happening to them...
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

What are you trying to say? That Jette's "women/girls" are suspect? :sneaky:
Eaglezbeak wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 8:38 am
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."