NDIDI Leaves SE Camp: Injury? or Dispute with Peseiro?....THINK

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
NDIDI Leaves SE Camp: Injury? or Dispute with Peseiro?....THINK

Post by Enugu II »

Algeria v Nigeria: Peseiro reveals the truth behind Ndidi leaving Super Eagles camp
https://sportsration.com/algeria-v-nige ... gles-camp/
Photo of Tope Adefala Tope Adefala31 mins ago0 1 1 minute read

Super Eagles head coach, Jose Peseiro, has revealed the truth behind the departure of Wilfred Ndidi from the camp, as the team prepares to face Algeria.

Nigeria and Algeria will play two friendlies, the first tomorrow against the Algeria CHAN team, at the Mohamed Maloiul Stadium, Constantine.

While the second friendly against the Algeria main team will be played at the Miloud Hadefi Stadium, Oran next week Tuesday.

All the invited players are in camp, except for Emmanuel Dennis who didn’t even show up because of injury, and Wilfred Ndidi who has left for Leicester City today.

It was reported that the combative midfielder picked up an injury, but other reports suggested he left the camp because of a disagreement between him and coach Peseiro.

Wilfred Ndidi in a bit to clear himself got into it with a US-based Nigerian journo, Suleiman Folarin, who claimed that he left the camp in disagreement with the coach.

The journalist claimed that Wilfred Ndidi was told by coach Jose Peseiro that he would play as a defender instead of his traditional midfield position.

And that Wilfred Ndidi left the camp because of the disagreement in views, but Wilfred Ndidi refuted the claims, saying the journalist should have asked questions to confirm the authenticity of his statement.

Jose Peseiro, the other person, involved in the issue has spoken about it, dismissing the disagreement claims.

“Ndidi, Okay when he come, I give one relationship with all the staff and our players.

“The fitness coach from Leicester City sent a message to our fitness coach, we have that connection with them, that he complained in the last match.

“He come, he did training without pain, they won’t train a small train, and with the conditions, but he feels something in the hamstring and needed one MRI yesterday.

“I think it is better don’t use them, okay, it’s possible he’s not done yet, but I don’t go to use one player in front of the match if he can get more insurance, for that he come back to Leicester City today for cover faster.”

HERE IS MY SUMMATION:

1. The tweet by Folarin and Ndidi's subsequent report of an injury are not mutually exclusive i.e. it is still possible that Ndidi was upset about a request (If such a request exists) to platy centerback. It is also possible that he got injured afterwards and left. Why cannot the two co-exist?
2. The real story on Aribo's absence is still under wraps but for how long?
3. Dennis reportedly rejected call up as a replacement, citing injury.
Last edited by Enugu II on Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: NDIDI Leaves SE Camp: Injury? or Dispute with Peseiro?

Post by mcal »

“Ndidi, Okay when he come, I give one relationship with all the staff and our players.

“The fitness coach from Leicester City sent a message to our fitness coach, we have that connection with them, that he complained in the last match.

“He come, he did training without pain, they won’t train a small train, and with the conditions, but he feels something in the hamstring and needed one MRI yesterday.

What kind of jargon is this?
Why even want to play him at CB?
SE is gradually messing up. Glad we are not going to Qatar.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: NDIDI Leaves SE Camp: Injury? or Dispute with Peseiro?....THINK

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Leaving camp because he was asked to play CD is way out of character for Ndidi. He has never conducted himself in such manner in his professional career and deserves to be given the benefit of the doubt over a useless,click bait dealing Folarin.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Everything about this team has just been shady, someday the truth will come out but it appears certain players are getting tired of playing for Nigeria under this current NFF administration...the baffling decision to invite Yusuf (an invitation his club even confirmed) only to rescind the invitation just sounds very weird...then the Balogun situation where a whole FA boldly lied that he was injured and withdrawn from the initial list, only for the same "injured" Balogun to go on and play a full 90 minutes the same day for his club, even earning high praises from the coach...then the Aribo situation (a silly excuse for his exclusion was hastily given), and now Ndidi.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Tobi17 wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:18 pm Everything about this team has just been shady, someday the truth will come out but it appears certain players are getting tired of playing for Nigeria under this current NFF administration...the baffling decision to invite Yusuf (an invitation his club even confirmed) only to rescind the invitation just sounds very weird...then the Balogun situation where a whole FA boldly lied that he was injured and withdrawn from the initial list, only for the same "injured" Balogun to go on and play a full 90 minutes the same day for his club, even earning high praises from the coach...then the Aribo situation (a silly excuse for his exclusion was hastily given), and now Ndidi.
And I thought this kind of stuff doesn’t happen under an FC? I don’t know when y’all will get it through your head that Naija ain’t going anywhere until we start running our footie professionally. NFF is the biggest issue we have…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

maceo4 wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:01 pm
Tobi17 wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:18 pm Everything about this team has just been shady, someday the truth will come out but it appears certain players are getting tired of playing for Nigeria under this current NFF administration...the baffling decision to invite Yusuf (an invitation his club even confirmed) only to rescind the invitation just sounds very weird...then the Balogun situation where a whole FA boldly lied that he was injured and withdrawn from the initial list, only for the same "injured" Balogun to go on and play a full 90 minutes the same day for his club, even earning high praises from the coach...then the Aribo situation (a silly excuse for his exclusion was hastily given), and now Ndidi.
And I thought this kind of stuff doesn’t happen under an FC? I don’t know when y’all will get it through your head that Naija ain’t going anywhere until we start running our footie professionally. NFF is the biggest issue we have
...no be today.
Professional players being controlled by amature mugus.
It's mind bugling.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

If there is any truth to this in essence we called up

3 midfielders and

7 centrebacks

God help us
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

If there is any truth to this in essence we called up

3 midfielders and

7 centrebacks SEVEN

God help us
Ugbowo
Egg
Egg

Post by Ugbowo »

@EII,

For your own sanity, let the Aribo issue go. I can categorically tell you there's NOTHING there. He was rested. QED

This Ndidi story is another matter. I have been speaking with Sulaiman all day essentially and he is adamant that his source is rock solid and he was only doing his job as a journalist to report on what he was told. I told him I disagreed with him because the rumor was too ridiculous to make any sense. But again, you just never know.

Dennis and Balogun have to be looked at. There is something there....injury was an easy excuse for Balogun but keep in mind Valentine had his invitation BEFORE he was called up as a replacement. Dennis injury new came out AFTER rumblings of his rejection went public.....

We siddonlook as usual.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Ugbowo wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:59 pm @EII,

For your own sanity, let the Aribo issue go. I can categorically tell you there's NOTHING there. He was rested. QED

This Ndidi story is another matter. I have been speaking with Sulaiman all day essentially and he is adamant that his source is rock solid and he was only doing his job as a journalist to report on what he was told. I told him I disagreed with him because the rumor was too ridiculous to make any sense. But again, you just never know.

Dennis and Balogun have to be looked at. There is something there....injury was an easy excuse for Balogun but keep in mind Valentine had his invitation BEFORE he was called up as a replacement. Dennis injury new came out AFTER rumblings of his rejection went public.....

We siddonlook as usual.
Ugbowo,

As the saying goes: I have no horse in the race.

My drive is ALWAYS to air opposing views. Here, I want to be sure that Nigerian fans understand the stories, rumors, etc.

Remember when Samuel Kalu asked for time off? Well. It later emerged that he was not entirely happy with how he was used under Gernot Rohr. These things are not unusual. No footballer worth his salt loves sitting on the bench. The future will determine the truth.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Slavery has made some to believe that only foreign coaches are the solution to our problems. It has never been about coaching but depraved NFF and supporters here like Van City.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Enugu II wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:53 pm
Algeria v Nigeria: Peseiro reveals the truth behind Ndidi leaving Super Eagles camp

Super Eagles head coach, Jose Peseiro, has revealed the truth behind the departure of Wilfred Ndidi from the camp, as the team prepares to face Algeria.

Nigeria and Algeria will play two friendlies, the first tomorrow against the Algeria CHAN team, at the Mohamed Maloiul Stadium, Constantine.

While the second friendly against the Algeria main team will be played at the Miloud Hadefi Stadium, Oran next week Tuesday.

All the invited players are in camp, except for Emmanuel Dennis who didn’t even show up because of injury, and Wilfred Ndidi who has left for Leicester City today.

It was reported that the combative midfielder picked up an injury, but other reports suggested he left the camp because of a disagreement between him and coach Peseiro.

Wilfred Ndidi in a bit to clear himself got into it with a US-based Nigerian journo, Suleiman Folarin, who claimed that he left the camp in disagreement with the coach.

The journalist claimed that Wilfred Ndidi was told by coach Jose Peseiro that he would play as a defender instead of his traditional midfield position.

And that Wilfred Ndidi left the camp because of the disagreement in views, but Wilfred Ndidi refuted the claims, saying the journalist should have asked questions to confirm the authenticity of his statement.

Jose Peseiro, the other person, involved in the issue has spoken about it, dismissing the disagreement claims.

“I think it is better don’t use them, okay, it’s possible he’s not done yet, but I don’t go to use one player in front of the match if he can get more insurance, for that he come back to Leicester City today for cover faster.”

HERE IS MY SUMMATION:

1. The tweet by Folarin and Ndidi's subsequent report of an injury are not mutually exclusive i.e. it is still possible that Ndidi was upset about a request (If such a request exists) to platy centerback. It is also possible that he got injured afterwards and left. Why cannot the two co-exist?
You too like conspiracy theories!
I am happy
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

highbury wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 4:57 am Slavery has made some to believe that only foreign coaches are the solution to our problems. It has never been about coaching but depraved NFF and supporters here like Van City.
Slavery has had many dubious effects on the black man’s mind.
Many.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

Damunk wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:50 am
highbury wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 4:57 am Slavery has made some to believe that only foreign coaches are the solution to our problems. It has never been about coaching but depraved NFF and supporters here like Van City.
Many.
I honestly don't think any Nigerian believes that. What most believe is that it is the best way to go considering our currect situation. The NFF as it is currently structured will never create a conducive enviroment for a local coach to succeed. They (NFF) have a bit more reverence & respect for foreigners which is the major problem.
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Very soon the NFF will kill the national team the same way they have killed local football (league).

Review: Nigeria can’t qualify for Chan, poor international club performances, national team had its worst Afcon performance since 1982, can’t qualify for World Cup, can’t qualify for Olympics, a few years ago two club sides won with a score line of 79-0 & 65-0. None of our refs are used for international matches or competitions……
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

And I thought this kind of stuff doesn’t happen under an FC? I don’t know when y’all will get it through your head that Naija ain’t going anywhere until we start running our footie professionally. NFF is the biggest issue we have…
And that’s all!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Adisboy wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:54 am
Many.
I honestly don't think any Nigerian believes that. What most believe is that it is the best way to go considering our currect situation. The NFF as it is currently structured will never create a conducive enviroment for a local coach to succeed. They (NFF) have a bit more reverence & respect for foreigners which is the major problem.
I totally agree with you. :thumb:
So my comment was to suggest that this 'slavery' thing isn't uni-directional.

Some people believe that the best way of upholding their racial pride is by rubbishing anything to do with 'the' white man and pointing accusing fingers of 'WOWOrity' at any black man that makes a judgement call in the oyibo's favour.
That in itself is one of the many sad effects of slavery that I refer to.

I mean who, in 2022, still goes around declaring and acting like,
'Say it loud,
I'm black and proud!"

:rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Many.
Adisboy

While I agree that a local coach will have more difficulty, it is not impossible. Success is predicated more on the personality of the manager. Keshi succeeded because he was willing to battle the NFF. Mind you, some foreign managers did not battle as much and failed. Thus, it is not impossible for a local manager to succeed.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Who ever wrote this article is an illiterate who needs to give up journalism. You do not quote when your source is struggling with the language, you paraphrase instead. Imagine reading an article and being forced to decipher what the hell you are reading. Dun.ce!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

Enugu II wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:54 pm
Many.
Adisboy

While I agree that a local coach will have more difficulty, it is not impossible. Success is predicated more on the personality of the manager. Keshi succeeded because he was willing to battle the NFF. Mind you, some foreign managers did not battle as much and failed. Thus, it is not impossible for a local manager to succeed.
Remember, the NFF had no incling that the 2013 team would be able to clinch the AFCON. They had prepared his sack letter for after the quarterfinals. Then after that they went ahead and dismantled his coaching team. Sylvanus Okpala, who was very essential to that set up was inexplicably removed. Then they constantly made things harder e.g. no more long camping for homebased players, etc, until he failed to qualify for 2015, then they pounced. Foreign coaches are allowed to come with their assistants but the local ones don't have that privilage. Also local coaches are less likely to take the NFF to FIFA for fear of being lablelled "unpatriotic". Until we have a more professional and less political mindset in the NFF, local coaches will find it difficult to thrive with the Super Eagles, or even the Super Falcons.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

mcal wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:33 pm
And I thought this kind of stuff doesn’t happen under an FC? I don’t know when y’all will get it through your head that Naija ain’t going anywhere until we start running our footie professionally. NFF is the biggest issue we have
...no be today.
Professional players being controlled by amature mugus.
It's mind bugling.
Shey NFF election for positions is coming soon? Well, let's see what happens. If we don't correct all these through this election, then we should blame ourselves.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Dammy wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:43 am
Enugu II wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:53 pm

HERE IS MY SUMMATION:

You too like conspiracy theories!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Many.
Well said :clap: :clap: :clap:.