Carlo Ancelotti wants to sign Victor Osimhen and Rafael Leao for Real Madrid.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Carlo Ancelotti wants to sign Victor Osimhen and Rafael Leao for Real Madrid.

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Is Benzema leaving?
OCCUPY NFF!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Re: Carlo Ancelotti wants to sign Victor Osimhen and Rafael Leao for Real Madrid.

Post by Tobi17 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 4:46 pm Is Benzema leaving?
Benzema isn't getting any younger, Real M are looking for an understudy who can soon take over from Benz.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Tobi17 wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 7:28 pm
Benzema isn't getting any younger, Real M are looking for an understudy who can soon take over from Benz.
So he wants to turn Osihmen into a student until Benzema retires? ? Ko ni da fun Ancelotti. No Thanks.
Osihmen should go to Man U, Barca or Chelsea where he doesn’t have to sit on the bench taking notes. Let Real come back after Benzema is done.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 7:50 pm
So he wants to turn Osihmen into a student until Benzema retires? ? Ko ni da fun Ancelotti. No Thanks.
Osihmen should go to Man U, Barca or Chelsea where he doesn’t have to sit on the bench taking notes. Let Real come back after Benzema is done.
EMIR you be my guy but I don't agree with you ooo! the best career decision Osimhen will make is to go to a world class team like Real Madrid and develop into a complete player under a managerial genius like Don Ancelloti, also consider the fact that he will win major trophies like the champions league and other cups in the La Liga...been an understudy to Benzema (albeit for a short while) isn't even close to being disrespectful to Osimhen, I reckon Ancelotti is a big fan of Osimhen so he will adopt a system that will accommodate Osimhen into the team while rotating the squad as needed to give him enough playing time.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Tobi17 wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 8:44 pm
EMIR you be my guy but I don't agree with you ooo! the best career decision Osimhen will make is to go to a world class team like Real Madrid and develop into a complete player under a managerial genius like Don Ancelloti, also consider the fact that he will win major trophies like the champions league and other cups in the La Liga...been an understudy to Benzema (albeit for a short while) isn't even close to being disrespectful to Osimhen, I reckon Ancelotti is a big fan of Osimhen so he will adopt a system that will accommodate Osimhen into the team while rotating the squad as needed to give him enough playing time.
if Osimhen goes to Madrid, he will be an undisputed starter. Remember he has publicly said it that he will not go anywhere to sit on the bench?
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

danfo driver wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 9:20 pm
if Osimhen goes to Madrid, he will be an undisputed starter. Remember he has publicly said it that he will not go anywhere to sit on the bench?
Danfo

I think people simply look at names and make judgment. The fact is Osimhen is a special striker who helps win the ball, very good in the air, and a handful for any defense. As I see it he only has to be a bit calmer in front of goal in order to increase his goal scoring rate. Right now, any club seeking him is for him to start.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

danfo driver wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 9:20 pm
I hope so. I’m not disputing Real’s caliber or intent but many potentially great players have gone there and ended up on the bench. Osihmen has plenty other world class team that will sign him as a starter until Real is ready for him. If he goes there and benches Benzema then it’s all good.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

How I wish Arsene Wenger was still active to mould him into a Ballon d'Or contender...
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:36 pm I hope so. I’m not disputing Real’s caliber or intent but many potentially great players have gone there and ended up on the bench. Osihmen has plenty other world class team that will sign him as a starter until Real is ready for him. If he goes there and benches Benzema then it’s all good.
Emir, na you o! :wink: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

WTF!
Mr Shows wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:24 pm How I wish Arsene Wenger was still active to mould him into a Ballon d'Or contender...
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

1naija wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 2:16 am WTF!
Mr Shows wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 10:24 pm How I wish Arsene Wenger was still active to mould him into a Ballon d'Or contender...
:rotf:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

How may players have won the Balon D'or playing under Arsene Wenger?

I am happy to wait for your response. Thanks!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Babalawo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Babalawo »

ANC wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 2:53 am
1naija wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 2:16 am WTF!
:rotf:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Peter Obi For President 2023
mapet
Egg
Egg

Post by mapet »

I don't see Napoli releasing him in January
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

One thing I don't want is for Osimhen to go to a club that is prestigious but currently sucks or a club whose glory is built on simply being top 4 in a good league. In other words, crappy clubs with a lot of good lipstick. I.e. Manu and Spurs.

This is one of the reasons why clubs like that never fail, because they are always propped up by sentiment. The notion that a club is ALWAYS big because of its history. People will move there just to say they played in the same club as some great from 1958. Look I get it, but at the same time......I think players should go to the clubs that are actually good for them.

Napoli in all seriousness is a great club today. They can challenge for titles both domestically and internationally if they continue as they are. Realistically, Osimhen does not actually need to move. Move for what? When you really think about it, What exactly is he looking for elsewhere?

Spur is a step up? Seriously? Sentiment aside, it is a step DOWN. Real Madrid, ok fine...but only if he can get minutes as the others have said. Osimhen needs to think about HIMSELF and not about bragging rights. I.e. I played in the same club as Messi blah blah blah. Silverware should be more important than saying "I have always wanted to play in the EPL because it is the best league in the world...therefore I will leave Napoli, which is one of the most respected clubs in the world today to sign for Everton lol".

Which clubs are actually step ups from Napoli today (based on facts and not sentiment), there won't be many.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

Tbite wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:17 am One thing I don't want is for Osimhen to go to a club that is prestigious but currently sucks or a club whose glory is built on simply being top 4 in a good league. In other words, crappy clubs with a lot of good lipstick. I.e. Manu and Spurs.

This is one of the reasons why clubs like that never fail, because they are always propped up by sentiment. The notion that a club is ALWAYS big because of its history. People will move there just to say they played in the same club as some great from 1958. Look I get it, but at the same time......I think players should go to the clubs that are actually good for them.

Napoli in all seriousness is a great club today. They can challenge for titles both domestically and internationally if they continue as they are. Realistically, Osimhen does not actually need to move. Move for what? When you really think about it, What exactly is he looking for elsewhere?

Spur is a step up? Seriously? Sentiment aside, it is a step DOWN. Real Madrid, ok fine...but only if he can get minutes as the others have said. Osimhen needs to think about HIMSELF and not about bragging rights. I.e. I played in the same club as Messi blah blah blah. Silverware should be more important than saying "I have always wanted to play in the EPL because it is the best league in the world...therefore I will leave Napoli, which is one of the most respected clubs in the world today to sign for Everton lol".

Which clubs are actually step ups from Napoli today (based on facts and not sentiment), there won't be many.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Why leave Napoli? You about to create history with Napoli, why leave? win the league, maybe the CL and then see your options... wont touch any club in England apart from united, if they qualify for the CL next season because they will have money to burn and he will have a worthy supporting act..

Whatever he does, do not go to Real or Barca
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Chelsea are also interested. I am hearing 87 million pounds bid .
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Enyi wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 6:50 am
Tbite wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:17 am One thing I don't want is for Osimhen to go to a club that is prestigious but currently sucks or a club whose glory is built on simply being top 4 in a good league. In other words, crappy clubs with a lot of good lipstick. I.e. Manu and Spurs.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Why leave Napoli? You about to create history with Napoli, why leave? win the league, maybe the CL and then see your options... wont touch any club in England apart from united, if they qualify for the CL next season because they will have money to burn and he will have a worthy supporting act..

Let me ask: why stay if another club is offering improved personal terms? I am not stating that this is the case. But if it is, he should move. Football is a short career and this is about life and I personally would care little about fan sentiment.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

Enugu II wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 11:34 am

Let me ask: why stay if another club is offering improved personal terms? I am not stating that this is the case. But if it is, he should move. Football is a short career and this is about life and I personally would care little about fan sentiment.
Because if he wins the scudetto and his is the Capocannoniere Napoli will improve his salary- they will be forced to.

There is no reason to leave in January, why be a slave in a rich country when you can be a king in a rich country…

(Note both teams are rich - not a typo)
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Yup! Osimhen will not leave Napoli in January and Napoli will not sell. Abeg you guys need to use your own thinking skills and stop listening to brainless media that are only interested in clickbait :lol: :lol: trust me, most of you here are smarter than most of these so-called football journalists! Significantly smarter.

How will Napoli sell their best player when they have their best chance to win the scudetto since Maradona? :lol:

Osimhen will leave Napoli next summer, if all goes well - no injuries - and it will be for a world record fee to one of the best clubs in the world. Only 2-3 clubs in the world can actually attract Osimhen next summer.

Mr Shows
Egg
Egg

Post by Mr Shows »

danfo driver wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:01 am
How may players have won the Balon D'or playing under Arsene Wenger?

I am happy to wait for your response. Thanks!
I'll excuse your ignorance on the grounds that you were probably still drinking breast milk when George Weah was tapping leather ...