Nigeria vs Portugal(0-4) 2 wins in 10, chei !!!!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

uglyoneiamagain
Egg
Egg
Re: Nigeria vs Portugal(0-4)

Post by uglyoneiamagain »

Cellular wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:49 pm
Odas wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:44 pm Game over, what a shame for us! I am PISSED
Again, nothing to be ashamed of.

We have to take the lesson learned and apply it going forward.
True but do we ever truly learn? We are stuck in a cycle.. nothing is aligning top to bottom for us.
Last edited by uglyoneiamagain on Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

txj wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:47 pm We have to keep working. That is just the reality for us
As opposed to??? :rotf:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
olu
Egg
Egg
Re: Nigeria vs Portugal(0-4) 2 wins in 10, chei !!!!

Post by olu »

I didn't watch the first half, but the second half performance was decent. I think we need to be patient and not panic. Let's not forget that on paper very few teams can match Portugal.

I still think we are showing signs of improvements. Other than the 4-0 scoreline the other losses haven't been bad. I still believe this team will get it right when it matters, that's in the ANC and the world cup qualifiers.
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

mcal wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:48 pm
waka-man wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:44 pm I’ll say it: I miss Rohr
...yep, he for go full defensive, and score for be may be 1-0.
Yes, because he knew our players cannot handle a top team.

Rohr was called an !diot for leaving Dennis off the team. Look what happens when he is brought back LOL I knew he would miss that penalty.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

The pk wasn't that bad though. It was our defending that really let us down...and who tried that backpass that nearly entered our net...lmao
Last edited by airwolex on Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
davidbam14
Egg
Egg

Post by davidbam14 »

lacidi wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:51 pm
jette1 wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:49 pm This wasn’t going to be your World Cup people: the game is a friendly and it did what it is supposed to do. They weren’t that bad. Don’t forget It’s a team under construction
What construction? Who are the new players there? If it was a local coach will you still say the sane thing?
We have been under construction for year, when are we going to land?
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Enugu II wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:46 pm My only comment is that if this Denis guy is called back to the NT then Peseiro is not serious. Certainly not after today. This is not about seizing the ball and insisting that he takes the pk.... But why persist in going alone several times after. Is this really an international level footballer? I ask.
For one, his club form is below average. If he apologizes to the team, then all is forgiven as long as it doesn't happen again. If he doesn't apologize, then they need to boot him off the team. No one player is bigger than the team and the players won't have respect for the coach.

Ekong didn't do his job but maybe he knows that he himself is barely hanging on as a squad member.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

kbt wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:51 pm I don't understand teams who argue about who takes a penalty. That shows lack of planning and the blame lies solely with the coach. There has to be a penalty taking pecking order for every team that everyone knows and understands. This should be drilled to the players on the training ground. Any decent coach numbers the penalty takers in order and the most ranked player on the pitch takes it. It's not rocket science.
There appeared to be one, It makes no difference when a player insists on ignoring the ordained pk taker.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Thank God Onyedika and Yusuf didnt play this game. See so called experienced players playing rubbish. Etebo almost scored an owngoal after 0 pressure from the Slave Traders. Yall im done. Falconets/ Flamingoes /Falcons would have done far better. Even home based sef.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

danfo driver wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:46 pm
Cellular wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:40 pm
metalalloy wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:38 pm Dennis really has no business being on this team.
He doesn't.

See how one act of petulance just changed the momentum and destabilized a team that was ascending.

And the dude did the same nonchalant attitude during WCQ.

He is best left to concentrate on his club career.
The top coaches say "football is about details... small details!" Just look at that! The funny thing is that majority of Nigerians and out management wouldnt even recognize this. They will gloss over it and nothing will change. Kaii! How did I get born into this country to share fortune with these people???!! :oops: :oops:

Missing the PK for me was of zero importance, given the overall performance of the team.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Cellular wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:51 pm
Gotti wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:46 pm Where does one even start… :atc:
Just like eating an elephant... in small bites :D
:lol: :lol: :lol:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

maceo4 wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:50 pm
Odas wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:46 pm
maceo4 wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:44 pm Only Samu played well...
How about Iwobi and Osayi?
I'll give you Osayi, I didn't really see that much from Iwobi...
Well, that's fair enough, I suppose. Iwobi had to go back home to retrieve the ball several times from what I saw. I feel such would make him get tired quicker than otherwise. In all, the team sucked, though
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Lmao Etebo na funny guy
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Yea take your frustrations out on one guy; that’s expected
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Cellular wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:45 pm
lacidi wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:42 pm
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:41 pm So, Portugal has put 4 past “Africa’s best goalie”😀❗️

Cheers.
Why do you guys target the goalkeeper?
Don't you know CE anymore?
This isn’t about CE. It’s about players who insist on taking up space and won’t make a darned effort. If we had a serious coaching staff then the majority of these players ought to be benched for their total lack of effort❗️

Cheers.
Last edited by TonyTheTigerKiller on Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
Re: Nigeria vs Portugal(0-3)

Post by Cellular »

packerland wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:48 pm
anointed wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:44 pm
ikemba wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:36 pm
anointed wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:34 pm We"ve lost our shape
For where?
How can you loose something you never had?
They were actually knocking the ball well, better than in the first half until Dennis came and tore the team apart
Please stop it! Take no positive from this watch. Some American coaches after a heavy defeat like this, will gather the team and take the game ball and bury it on the ground.
Lots of positives...

We had just begun to play well before the dude missed a PK and the momentum swung.

I liked the back 4... they can gel better.
I liked Iwobi
I like Onyeka
Liked what I saw of Chukwueze
Even the cameo from Onachu...
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

olu wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:52 pm I didn't watch the first half, but the second half performance was decent. I think we need to be patient and not panic. Let's not forget that on paper very few teams can match Portugal.

I still think we are showing signs of improvements. Other than the 4-0 scoreline the other losses haven't been bad. I still believe this team will get it right when it matters, that's in the ANC and the world cup qualifiers.
delete this nonsense. There is no silver lining in what the players put out today. You can't chuck a 4-0 score line.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

maceo4 wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:52 pm
txj wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:47 pm We have to keep working. That is just the reality for us
As opposed to??? :rotf:
As opposed to ‘marketing’ :lol: :lol: :lol:
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

I had no problems with Dennis taking the pk. He missed? So what? The overall team performance is what worried me. We need to do better
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

olu wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:52 pm I didn't watch the first half, but the second half performance was decent. I think we need to be patient and not panic. Let's not forget that on paper very few teams can match Portugal.

With the bulk of the same players that just let us down in the last ANC and last WCQ???? Abeg I don lose faith in them o...siiiiiince :rotf:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

txj wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:54 pm
danfo driver wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:46 pm
Cellular wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:40 pm
metalalloy wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:38 pm Dennis really has no business being on this team.
He doesn't.

See how one act of petulance just changed the momentum and destabilized a team that was ascending.

And the dude did the same nonchalant attitude during WCQ.

He is best left to concentrate on his club career.
The top coaches say "football is about details... small details!" Just look at that! The funny thing is that majority of Nigerians and out management wouldnt even recognize this. They will gloss over it and nothing will change. Kaii! How did I get born into this country to share fortune with these people???!! :oops: :oops:

Missing the PK for me was of zero importance, given the overall performance of the team.
We were ascending before the missed PK...

And if you don't see how one indisciplined action can affect a whole team then I can't help you out.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria vs Portugal(0-3)

Post by metalalloy »

Cellular wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:55 pm
packerland wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:48 pm
anointed wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:44 pm
ikemba wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:36 pm
anointed wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:34 pm We"ve lost our shape
For where?
How can you loose something you never had?
They were actually knocking the ball well, better than in the first half until Dennis came and tore the team apart
Please stop it! Take no positive from this watch. Some American coaches after a heavy defeat like this, will gather the team and take the game ball and bury it on the ground.
Lots of positives...

We had just begun to play well before the dude missed a PK and the momentum swung.

I liked the back 4... they can gel better.
I liked Iwobi
I like Onyeka
Liked what I saw of Chukwueze
Even the cameo from Onachu...
Agreed on all accounts. Akpoguma was also ok. A fews shaky decisions, but relatively ok. Bassey had an off day today, not sure what was up with him.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Reality is eluding many herein. Our SE is now the laughing stock of the game.
We generally know why, but fail to admit to what is glaring and unquestionable.
Mental and psychological indiscipline, all around.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges