I warned you guys about Ndidi

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tobi17
Egg
Egg
I warned you guys about Ndidi

Post by Tobi17 »

The guy has fallen off so badly that any honest fan of Ndidi must start to accept that he's past it now, injuries have done the guy so much disservice that he's virtually just playing in motion picture now...Ghana have integrated some exciting players into their midfield and now have Partey, Kofi-Kyereh, Abdul Samed, Elisha Owusu, and then Kudus...and these guys are geling so well and playing some decent football, note that Otto Addo just took over that Ghanaian team few months ago and their trajectory already looks good, even the Ghanaian defence looks very assured with Djiku, Amartey, Salisu etc ...why are we so unfortunate with crap players especially in midfield? in 2022 we're still relying on dead legs like Ndidi and Etebo? the only positive player of note is Iwobi, and his level is clearly suited for a crap Everton team? only Osimhen is the best football story from Nigeria. Where are we getting it all wrong? should be disband this team structure and start all over again?
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: I warned you guys about Ndidi

Post by bret- hart »

Tobi17 wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:36 am The guy has fallen off so badly that any honest fan of Ndidi must start to accept that he's past it now, injuries have done the guy so much disservice that he's virtually just playing in motion picture now...Ghana have integrated some exciting players into their midfield and now have Partey, Kofi-Kyereh, Abdul Samed, Elisha Owusu, and then Kudus...and these guys are geling so well and playing some decent football, note that Otto Addo just took over that Ghanaian team few months ago and their trajectory already looks good, even the Ghanaian defence looks very assured with Djiku, Amartey, Salisu etc ...why are we so unfortunate with crap players especially in midfield? in 2022 we're still relying on dead legs like Ndidi and Etebo? the only positive player of note is Iwobi, and his level is clearly suited for a crap Everton team? only Osimhen is the best football story from Nigeria. Where are we getting it all wrong? should be disband this team structure and start all over again?
Leave them. When the Euphoria dies down they will still call for the same deadwoods to be invited instead of calling fresh faces and integrating them. We are not ready for change.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

bret- hart wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:53 am
Tobi17 wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:36 am The guy has fallen off so badly that any honest fan of Ndidi must start to accept that he's past it now, injuries have done the guy so much disservice that he's virtually just playing in motion picture now...Ghana have integrated some exciting players into their midfield and now have Partey, Kofi-Kyereh, Abdul Samed, Elisha Owusu, and then Kudus...and these guys are geling so well and playing some decent football, note that Otto Addo just took over that Ghanaian team few months ago and their trajectory already looks good, even the Ghanaian defence looks very assured with Djiku, Amartey, Salisu etc ...why are we so unfortunate with crap players especially in midfield? in 2022 we're still relying on dead legs like Ndidi and Etebo? the only positive player of note is Iwobi, and his level is clearly suited for a crap Everton team? only Osimhen is the best football story from Nigeria. Where are we getting it all wrong? should be disband this team structure and start all over again?
Leave them. When the Euphoria dies down they will still call for the same deadwoods to be invited instead of calling fresh faces and integrating them. We are not ready for change.
Serious football nations are fast phasing out their deadweights, I watched Morocco play some fantastic football today (granted it was against Georgia) and felt hopeless at the rubbish we displayed today by comparison, in 2022 we're stil playing static players like Ndidi,Etebo, Ekong, Simon etc who have been in the national team set up for decades with no growth in their game!
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Tobi17,

I echoed the same sentiment and one forumer said I don’t know what I’m talking about. He even had the nerve to say his goal scoring record is better than Partey. When I hit him with stats between Ndidi and Partey for both clubs and country he didn’t say anything. I love Wilfred but injuries has ruined him. Going Leicesters recent lineup and revival, I believe he has lost his position to Soumare. I do blame Rodgers for his injuries. At one point he played the guy even in a useless Caraboa cup because he didn’t trust Soumare and Mendy wasn’t registered.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Ndidi will be ok. He hasn't played much since returning from injury. He'll have the next month to continue to regain his fitness and confidence.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

packerland wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:22 am
Tobi17,

I echoed the same sentiment and one forumer said I don’t know what I’m talking about. He even had the nerve to say his goal scoring record is better than Partey. When I hit him with stats between Ndidi and Partey for both clubs and country he didn’t say anything. I love Wilfred but injuries has ruined him. Going Leicesters recent lineup and revival, I believe he has lost his position to Soumare. I do blame Rodgers for his injuries. At one point he played the guy even in a useless Caraboa cup because he didn’t trust Soumare and Mendy wasn’t registered.
At one point Ndidi was the best DM in the world, his tackles alone per stats was overwhelming across Europe, injuries and poor management by Brendan have largely contributed to his sad decline...I think it's time we start to respectfully take away the mainstay DM roles from Ndidi and start building around prospects like Yusuf and Onyedika...of course that's not saying this guys will significantly improve our midfield woes, but they at least deserve to be fully integrated into the team based on FORM...Etebo should not be in this team, dude is rusty and brings absolutely nothing. I genuinely can't see any area of this team where we are growing, even our much glorified attack looks useless, without Osimhen we're actually useless...yet these guys play so well for their clubs. What's the actual problem with the senior NT?
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:36 am Ndidi will be ok. He hasn't played much since returning from injury. He'll have the next month to continue to regain his fitness and confidence.
EMIR we've used this same excuse one time too many, granted it's not Ndidi's fault that injuries slowed down his momentum, but unfortunately football just like life is a cruel affair, we can't keep using emotions and charity to invite players who are either past it or badly out of form, let's grow and make mistakes with players who actually have a more promising trajectory for growth
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Tobi17 wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:46 am
packerland wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:22 am
Tobi17,

At one point Ndidi was the best DM in the world, his tackles alone per stats was overwhelming across Europe, injuries and poor management by Brendan have largely contributed to his sad decline...I think it's time we start to respectfully take away the mainstay DM roles from Ndidi and start building around prospects like Yusuf and Onyedika...of course that's not saying this guys will significantly improve our midfield woes, but they at least deserve to be fully integrated into the team based on FORM...Etebo should not be in this team, dude is rusty and brings absolutely nothing. I genuinely can't see any area of this team where we are growing, even our much glorified attack looks useless, without Osimhen we're actually useless...yet these guys play so well for their clubs. What's the actual problem with the senior NT?
The problem is not Ndidi. It’s then2 wingers we always play who offer little support to MF and can’t put in a decent cross to save their lives. Lookman and Simon huffed and puffed but delivered nothing. Get rid of them by playing 343/352 and add antra MF and a SS.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Maybe Ndidi should be moved to central defence
I am happy
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Dammy wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 6:08 am Maybe Ndidi should be moved to central defence
He is not better than the CDs we have.

The coach just has to demand more from him. He was coasting yesterday.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Cut the man some slack. I can count the number of bad games Ndidi has had for Nigeria on one hand. Ndidi's main problem is he needs to get back to full fitness. Hopefully Rodgers gives him time to fully recover. I honestly won't mind him sitting out most of this season if it helps prolong his career.

He's an excellent defensive midfielder, but he's not really a box-to-box midfielder. We need to accept that.
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

We can't throw away every player that has a bad game. Lets not forget we were playing a top 10 ranked team in the world. Watching him and Carvalho in the same game was hard if you compare the influence. Perhaps having the two wingers wasn't the best formation against some of world's best forward players. Ndidi may also have had to tone down his tackling becos of the friendly nature of the game pre WC. But yeah, he can certainly do better as a senior player.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Dammy wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 6:08 am Maybe Ndidi should be moved to central defence
Kpom! They don't think out of the box. Na to throw him away and replace him with a novice.
OCCUPY NFF!!
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 6:41 pm
Kpom! They don't think out of the box. Na to throw him away and replace him with a novice.
I mentioned that too. That could prolong his career. For example in the NFL, corner backs that were good tackler are at times converted to safeties once they lose their speed. I think the days of Ndidi running side line to side line to make tackles might be over. Injuries and multiple surgeries can do that to you. Look at Kante as an example. I don't think he can ever be back to his Leicester city form.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Err... if I'm not mistaken, I was the one who told you these guys peaked in 2018 and are now past it. You argued against that assessment.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Orion wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:48 pm Err... if I'm not mistaken, I was the one who told you these peaked in 2018 and are now past it. You argued against that assessment.
Ndidi did not peak in 2018 nor was he past it.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

you people funny sha, this was just a friendly oooo... let us not get too carried away
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Bigpokey24 wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:52 pm you people funny sha, this was just a friendly oooo... let us not get too carried away
I thought I resigned from EN. Abeg gerrrrrrrrrrooouutttttt————————————————————>>>>>>>>>>>
OCCUPY NFF!!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

bret- hart wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:53 am
... but it's been said, or rumored severally the NFF is interfering with the coaches' player selections. If such is true, then right there is where our problem lies.

Allow the coaches to select their players and let's see what happens. Until such is done, I think we are doomed
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Ndidi alone is not the problem. The whole team plays with little or no coordination, focus, or discipline.
Until the coaches can instill these characteristics on the team, we will continue to be training material
to other teams.
The match against Portugal shows it all. Our SE played like they just met each other minutes before the
match, while Portugal showed that they had an agenda, controlled possession, and executed as a team.
Until we admit and correct our deficiencies, we will continue the downward spiral.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

joao wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 6:59 pm Ndidi alone is not the problem. The whole team plays with little or no coordination, focus, or discipline.
Until the coaches can instill these characteristics on the team, we will continue to be training material
to other teams.
The match against Portugal shows it all. Our SE played like they just met each other minutes before the
match, while Portugal showed that they had an agenda, controlled possession, and executed as a team.
Until we admit and correct our deficiencies, we will continue the downward spiral.
Maybe this present crop of players aren't just good enough, I doubt even prime Pep Guardiola can improve these guys...not worth it, time to try new ideas.