Egypt beat Belgium

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Egypt beat Belgium

Post by Tobi17 »

Another African team that didn't make the world cup and just like us sacked their coach, but unlike us look to have improved under their new coach going by recent strings of result...they posted a solid performance today by beating a stacked world cup bound Belgium team 2-1.

Honestly we're the only team that seems not to have improved after sacking our previous coach, Ghana look decent under Otto Addo, same with CIV and Egypt under their new coaches respectively, which goes to suggest Peseiro is a very poor coach who was hurriedly hired by Pinnick with no thorough screening of his coaching resume...the man has a very poor record with all the teams he has coached... when does the contract of this Portuguese fraud run out again? it will be travesty if he gets a contract extension.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Egypt beat Belgium

Post by vancity eagle »

Egypt has not improved. They played the exact same football today against Belgium that they played to get to afcon final.

Soak pressure and hit on the counter.

Same exact thing they have been doing, I saw nothing different.

Chill with all the over reaction over a friendly which scoreline flattered the Portugese.

It's too early to call Peseiro useless.

Was Otto Addo useless when Ghana got raped 3-0 by Brazil ?
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

vancity eagle wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 6:58 am Egypt has not improved. They played the exact same football today against Belgium that they played to get to afcon final.

Chill with all the over reaction over a friendly which scoreline flattered the Portugese.

Foreign coaches have not improved African teams. Nigeria is no exception. Passero cannot even communicate well.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

highbury wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 7:15 am
vancity eagle wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 6:58 am Egypt has not improved. They played the exact same football today against Belgium that they played to get to afcon final.

Foreign coaches have not improved African teams. Nigeria is no exception. Passero cannot even communicate well.
VE is a clown, everything foreign is heaven on earth for him...no serious person will rate a sh#t coach like Pisseiro, Rohr has a better CV than that Portuguese fraud for heavens sake...we should have gone for the other Portuguese coach that Cameroon fired.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Tobi17 wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 7:40 am

VE is a clown, everything foreign is heaven on earth for him...no serious person will rate a sh#t coach like Pisseiro, Rohr has a better CV than that Portuguese fraud for heavens sake...we should have gone for the other Portuguese coach that Cameroon fired.
You think hiring and firing coaches left and right will see us succeed ?

You still have not learned.

Who fires a coach with a 100% competitive record over a friendly ?
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

vancity eagle wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 7:47 am

We've beaten only poor teams like Sao Tome and SL in competitive matches, so let's not act like this guy has beaten any spectacular opponents so far...Rohr beat Algeria, Cameroon, a resurgent Zambia, Argentina, Poland and was decent against some European teams...This garbage coach has lost to Ecuador, Mexico, Algeria, and now Portugal...the football has been terrible in between those poor records as well. I say he goes as early as January so an interim local coach can take over, someone who is at least modern-thinking and intelligent enough to build a team around a depth of ball playing midfielders. I'm tired of seeing recycled deadweights like Ndidi, Etebo and even Aribo and Iwobi need some real challenge now.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Do you know for a fact that Peseiro is in full control of team callups ?

Whats with Yusuf twice supposedly being called up, (once he made the list, other time his club was notified) only for him to be told he wasn't needed anymore, that even his club was surprised.

I cannot blame Peseiro for the 2 losses against Mexico and Ecuador, when homebased junk was forced onto him. One of the hb players even lost his marker in the first minute of the Ecuador match for us to concede. Sorry he doesn't get blamed for that, it's on the NFF.

I've actually seen good signs from Peseiro. We looked good against Ecuador, Sao Tome. Even the loss to Algeria had its moments.

We've won our 2 competitive matches.

Before you say na Sao Tome

We've played plenty of garbage teams before whether the Tahitian wine tappers, Seychelles with Rohr, those teams are not better than Sao Tome, in fact I would say they are even worse. Go look at Sao Tomes records, they've had close games with teams like Morocco, Ghana, etc.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

vancity eagle wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 3:20 pm Do you know for a fact that Peseiro is in full control of team callups ?

Whats with Yusuf twice supposedly being called up, (once he made the list, other time his club was notified) only for him to be told he wasn't needed anymore, that even his club was surprised.

I cannot blame Peseiro for the 2 losses against Mexico and Ecuador, when homebased junk was forced onto him. One of the hb players even lost his marker in the first minute of the Ecuador match for us to concede. Sorry he doesn't get blamed for that, it's on the NFF.

I've actually seen good signs from Peseiro. We looked good against Ecuador, Sao Tome. Even the loss to Algeria had its moments.

We've won our 2 competitive matches.

Before you say na Sao Tome

We've played plenty of garbage teams before whether the Tahitian wine tappers, Seychelles with Rohr, those teams are not better than Sao Tome, in fact I would say they are even worse. Go look at Sao Tomes records, they've had close games with teams like Morocco, Ghana, etc.
VE

Your selectivity can be amazing at times. I thought foreign coaches were above the type of selection influences you mention here? As for the Ecuador game, Peseiro had players in camp and a great majority [over 15 to state the least] were foreign based and he chose a hb to start the game based on what he saw in training. Do not forget that.

The only thing I might agree with you is that it is early to pull the plug on Peseiro. We need managers to build their own team in order to fully judge them. Peseiro is building his team. This team remains largely what Rohr built. Peseiro is quickly [not slowly] building his team and I suspect he will be there substantively by the time AFCON comes around. That will be much quicker than what Rohr did.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

EII

The hb player was started because there were no other options.

If Peseiro had picked the squad to prosecute the match, that guy would have been nowhere near it.

Guys like Dennis and Aina only played half the Ecuador match because they literally arrived in camp the day before.

As for foreign coaches being above selection influences. We all saw Pinnick state from his mouth, how he forced Musa on to the team. Last I checked our coach at that time was foreign.

What I claimed was that it will happen to a greater extent with local coaches.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

So what Local coach do you recommend?
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

I wouldn't take too much from this match. Belgians, like all WC teams are just doing final tuneups and above all would like to avoid injuries. Wait until the WC starts and you will see the real deal.

Wha choo looking at?!
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

I swear I want to throw stones at all of y’all.

Peseiro no be am even though I think he needs more time. We don’t need any more journeyman Fc and we can’t afford the very good ones. As far as local coaches are concerned, our good ones are either dead or banned. Finidi is inexperienced and we only have Salisu and Amuneke. The former has been involved in some shape or form in our past failures and is lucky to even have a job in any level with that bribery incident. Then there is also the issue of tribalism with some of our local coaches. For example, that u-17 coach knows his x and y’all but his starting 11 is super suspicious. I would say it didn’t matter that his starting 11 was pretty much one tribe since his team was producing, but when he finally subbed in a couple girls from other tribe, most of us agreed that those two should’ve been in the starting 11.

Honestly, I think we should have hired that South African coach. He’s now managing a club in Qatar. The guy has football equity. His team plays attacking football, he has international experience, and he’s not Nigerian (no tribalism) The guy is not too expensive but he doesn’t come cheap either. How much you pay your coaches matter to avoid bribery. Forget coaches, go checkout how much NBA and NFL referees make in a year.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

Tobi17 wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 7:54 am
vancity eagle wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 7:47 am

We've beaten only poor teams like Sao Tome and SL in competitive matches, so let's not act like this guy has beaten any spectacular opponents so far...Rohr beat Algeria, Cameroon, a resurgent Zambia, Argentina, Poland and was decent against some European teams...This garbage coach has lost to Ecuador, Mexico, Algeria, and now Portugal...the football has been terrible in between those poor records as well. I say he goes as early as January so an interim local coach can take over, someone who is at least modern-thinking and intelligent enough to build a team around a depth of ball playing midfielders. I'm tired of seeing recycled deadweights like Ndidi, Etebo and even Aribo and Iwobi need some real challenge now.
Dude, you’ve got issues man. You’ll never learn!!
delisyomie don
Egg
Egg

Post by delisyomie don »

Tobi17 wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 5:42 am Another African team that didn't make the world cup and just like us sacked their coach, but unlike us look to have improved under their new coach going by recent strings of result...they posted a solid performance today by beating a stacked world cup bound Belgium team 2-1.

Honestly we're the only team that seems not to have improved after sacking our previous coach, Ghana look decent under Otto Addo, same with CIV and Egypt under their new coaches respectively, which goes to suggest Peseiro is a very poor coach who was hurriedly hired by Pinnick with no thorough screening of his coaching resume...the man has a very poor record with all the teams he has coached... when does the contract of this Portuguese fraud run out again? it will be travesty if he gets a contract extension.

Presario is 419 with people who hire him; taking half of the cut is a total disaster!
thanks
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Tobi17 wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 5:42 am Another African team that didn't make the world cup and just like us sacked their coach, but unlike us look to have improved under their new coach going by recent strings of result...they posted a solid performance today by beating a stacked world cup bound Belgium team 2-1.

And Cameroon also sacked their coach and is going to world cup and couldn't beat panama; and what say you ?
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Egypt beat Belgium… so what? Don’t you now where the World Football forum is❓🤷🏾‍♀️❗️

Cheers.
lacidi
Egg
Egg

Post by lacidi »

See them defending their oyibo massa
Its nice when someone shoots ur murderer in the back, without asking to be paid.
Vindave
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vindave »

How many more loses are we going to take from this yeye foreign coach before he will be sacked..?
e de sweet me o! ga gaa!
e de paini you o! ga gaa!!
e sweet me o ga gaa, ga gaa!!