Iran is a better team than Nigeria

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

charlie
Egg
Egg
Iran is a better team than Nigeria

Post by charlie »

Iran might be getting massacred by England, but they look like a much better team than Nigeria did against Portugal. At least they know how to make more than 3 passes at a time. They are just being totally outclassed by much better players.

I hope you daft mumus that advocated for firing Rohr are satisfied. That disastrous decision has now triggered a full regression of Nigerian football. The current Super chickens have no shape, no objective, no direction, no identity, no future. At least under Rohr, we might have struggled on attack, but we had a defensive identity. Now we definitely do not have a defense or midfield worth watching. After that penalty miss, against Portugal, I didn't even bother watching the rest of the game. The result was too predictable from the kickoff.

I just want to remind those loud ITKs that wanted Rohr fired that everything that is happening to Nigerian football is your fault.

I will continue supporting my country from afar, but it will take some serious soul searching before we can truly rebuild on a solid foundation, and I have seen zero sign of anyone actually coming to terms of the work we have ahead of us.

Oh and by the way, the current coaching clue are not serious. If they were, they will organize a proper training schedule for the team during this WC, to acclimatize and train together as a team. I am pretty sure that is what other serious teams that didnt qualify for the WC are doing right now.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: Iran is a better team than Nigeria

Post by YUJAM »

Hmmm. No so sure about that 😀
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

Yep you are getting carried away, Charlie

I consider the rest of your rant a therapeutic intervention on your part
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

charlie wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 3:55 pm Iran might be getting massacred by England, but they look like a much better team than Nigeria did against Portugal. At least they know how to make more than 3 passes at a time. They are just being totally outclassed by much better players.

I hope you daft mumus that advocated for firing Rohr are satisfied. That disastrous decision has now triggered a full regression of Nigerian football. The current Super chickens have no shape, no objective, no direction, no identity, no future. At least under Rohr, we might have struggled on attack, but we had a defensive identity. Now we definitely do not have a defense or midfield worth watching. After that penalty miss, against Portugal, I didn't even bother watching the rest of the game. The result was too predictable from the kickoff.

I just want to remind those loud ITKs that wanted Rohr fired that everything that is happening to Nigerian football is your fault.

I will continue supporting my country from afar, but it will take some serious soul searching before we can truly rebuild on a solid foundation, and I have seen zero sign of anyone actually coming to terms of the work we have ahead of us.

Oh and by the way, the current coaching clue are not serious. If they were, they will organize a proper training schedule for the team during this WC, to acclimatize and train together as a team. I am pretty sure that is what other serious teams that didnt qualify for the WC are doing right now.
you really use ogogoro wash mouth this morning . That Iran team is the worst team i have seen at the worldcup since SAudi in 2002

Nigeria played bad against Portugal no doubt...however what were the players playing for? a friendly? a place in Qatar or just a game for those still feeling upset about DNQ....let us call a spade a spade , our players didn't give to flying lemons or ghanians towards a useless friendly . what would have been the benefits of winning a useless friendly?

You should compare teams who are in a tournament playing to win the worldcup , not players who are off mid-seasons with nothing to play for
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Iran was shocking today. I have seen England play well before but I have never seen the dominate possession and out pass their opponents like today. Carlos Qeirox or whatever his name is is the luckiest coach ever.
amafolas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by amafolas »

So Rohr is miles miles better than Passeiro.
Rohr's team had structure and organization. I still can't discern what Passeiro's teams are trying to do
"We will go through the gate. If the gate is closed, we will go over the fence. If the fence is too high, we will pole vault in. If that doesn’t work, we will parachute in. But we are going to get health-care reform passed"
Nancy Pelosi, 01/28/2010 after Scott Brown got elected to Ted Kennedy's senate seat.
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

Bring Rohr back.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Synopsis wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 5:19 pm Bring Rohr back.
Why is he unable to find another job? He is a great messiah and one of the top coaches in the World, why has he not found work? Thanks!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

amafolas wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 5:15 pm So Rohr is miles miles better than Passeiro.
Rohr's team had structure and organization. I still can't discern what Passeiro's teams are trying to do
Rohr is far superior to Passeiro.
Fact is, Nigeria should go for a smart Nigerian coach soon. Finidi, Amunike etc are all more qualified than Passeiro. The guy is with us for a gamble. Nothing to lose.

And yes, the SE right now are no better than Iran or Qatar. Thank God for Cisse and Senegal doing Africa proud.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

waka-man wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 5:51 pm
amafolas wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 5:15 pm So Rohr is miles miles better than Passeiro.
Rohr is far superior to Passeiro.
Fact is, Nigeria should go for a smart Nigerian coach soon. Finidi, Amunike etc are all more qualified than Passeiro. The guy is with us for a gamble. Nothing to lose.

And yes, the SE right now are no better than Iran or Qatar. Thank God for Cisse and Senegal doing Africa proud.
What teams are fighting over him please? I assume he is in a high profile job now? And we will have to pay an exit fee to have him break that lucrative contract?

Peseiro is clearly not a top coach and once again, skin color was the reason the Arsenal-loving priccck, Pinnick, hired him. However, isnt Finidi on his team? Also, how is Enyimba performing?
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

danfo driver wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 5:35 pm
Why is he unable to find another job? He is a great messiah and one of the top coaches in the World, why has he not found work? Thanks!
Danfo,

Wait a minute! LOL. You should have asked: What exactly did Rohr win for Nigeria given that this same Rohr served longer than any other coach in Nigeria's history!!! If he was so good, what trophies did he win while setting that record as the longest serving manager?
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Enugu II wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 6:10 pm
danfo driver wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 5:35 pm
Danfo,

Wait a minute! LOL. You should have asked: What exactly did Rohr win for Nigeria given that this same Rohr served longer than any other coach in Nigeria's history!!! If he was so good, what trophies did he win while setting that record as the longest serving manager?
Uncle, no need for that question sef. Lets agree with his fans that our players are horrid and they were the ones who dragged this messiah down! If our players were better and werent spending time "learning", this messiah would have won multiple trophies!

So, thats why I'd like them to tell us why their messiah is still without work. What is happening? Is he turning down multiple positions? we know that many clubs and countries have hired over the last 11 months, so is it that he has turned all the position down and is resting? :D
OJI
Egg
Egg

Post by OJI »

charlie wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 3:55 pm Iran might be getting massacred by England, but they look like a much better team than Nigeria did against Portugal. At least they know how to make more than 3 passes at a time. They are just being totally outclassed by much better players.

No Nigerian national team coach should be responsible for a professional's inability to control the ball. If a professional needs a national team coach to instruct one on how to make an accurate pass to a teammate, maintain possession, kicking technique, body positioning, then ...
1. You are a NOT a football professional. You are lucky athlete who got scouted into a football club.
2. The coaching staff, and federation are NOT serious.

The NFF outsourced player development in the absence of a serious league, and national team player selection to European foreign leagues. Foreign clubs look for Africans first, and foremost for their athletic skills, not for their football brain. Let that sink in. Those clubs/leagues will compensate with, and depend on tactics honed out of practice over time with the same set of players over a season. How many Nigerian footballers in Europe play in the attacking midfield position in the top division of the top 5 leagues in Europe? Every Nigerian National team coach has struggled to fill that position with quality talent! Mikel Obi enthralled us with his U-17 exploits in 2005. Remind us which position he stayed in, and ended his career in. Name one player for Nigeria in the last 5 Super Eagles matches who scored from outside the box with a shot in the mode of how Algeria scored against us recently, or how Ghana scored against us in the WC qualifier.

In the 70's, 80s, a Nigerian footballer in the Nigerian league had technical skills 100 times than is what is paraded today.
Do you trust Ekong, Balogun to bring the ball from the back with the ball at their foot? if that is a philosophy a coach wants to entertain?

Footballers with the basics sorted out before one talks about tactics, and coaches.

There will be no shape, no objective, no direction, no identity, no future until you grasp the magnitude of the work ahead. The era of shortcuts is over. The path of least resistance is NOT the preferred option. The chief architect of this debacle, Pinnick is gone. His partner, and fraud of a coach, Rohr that was used to help, and convince dual-citizen Nigerians switch allegiance is gone. One of their enablers, Eguavoen, is still there.

You all can all double down, and hope and pray another Saka will emerge, and switch allegiance or get to the ground, and begin to do serious work.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

my goodness some CE folks are saying bring back **** 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
SuperEagles

packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 4:39 pm

you really use ogogoro wash mouth this morning . That Iran team is the worst team i have seen at the worldcup since SAudi in 2002

Nigeria played bad against Portugal no doubt...however what were the players playing for? a friendly? a place in Qatar or just a game for those still feeling upset about DNQ....let us call a spade a spade , our players didn't give to flying lemons or ghanians towards a useless friendly . what would have been the benefits of winning a useless friendly?

You should compare teams who are in a tournament playing to win the worldcup , not players who are off mid-seasons with nothing to play for
You mean all our 11 players didn’t give a flying lemon? What are the chances of that. Unless they are protesting over unpaid bonuses.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Some of you people like to make mouth. Based on current form and players, I don’t think we beat this Iranian side. Ask yourself, are we better than Japan and South Korea cos this Iranian team did better than both countries in the WCQ?
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Rohr was rightly fired. I'm not sure about the rubbish that Rohr that lost to CAR was hanging on against Cape Verde at home would have beaten every team we met since he was sacked. We didn't qualify...get over it.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Can’t believe Iran declined this badly though. They used to have good Team. time to sack that coach I believe he has taken them to 4 or 3 world cups which is probably why he is still there collecting. And we though Qatar was bad, they actually played better game against Ecuador. As far the troll thread Nigeria is better of rating this one out.see as Senegal didn’t take their chances in the first half and paid for it
Last edited by jette1 on Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

packerland wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:24 pm Some of you people like to make mouth. Based on current form and players, I don’t think we beat this Iranian side. Ask yourself, are we better than Japan and South Korea cos this Iranian team did better than both countries in the WCQ?
the Iran we saw today we will beat like they stole somethin g.. no be the same coach weu Egu injure for AFCON?

SuperEagles

packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:31 pm
packerland wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:24 pm Some of you people like to make mouth. Based on current form and players, I don’t think we beat this Iranian side. Ask yourself, are we better than Japan and South Korea cos this Iranian team did better than both countries in the WCQ?
the Iran we saw today we will beat like they stole somethin g.. no be the same coach weu Egu injure for AFCON?

Wrong example. The same coach made it further than Egu in the same tournament.
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Stop talking nonsense❗️

Cheers.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

packerland wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:52 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:31 pm

Wrong example. The same coach made it further than Egu in the same tournament.
what? lmao... that makes no sense... when Egu faced Carlos Q .. the above happened. End of discussion . he also lost 2ce to A.Cisse
SuperEagles

danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Watching the US control the game, passing, aggression, pressing, desire and you remember the dross our crap players served up in Lisbon. tufiakwa!