Let's be honest

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Let's be honest

Post by 1naija »

.. this US team can beat us 5-0!
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Re: Let's be honest

Post by Tobi17 »

Absolutely no doubt about that, the fitness level and turbo charged mental level of the USMNT is the confirmation of how far Americans have come in football, it will take us a decade of serious hard work to finally get it right with Nigerian football.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Yet they couldn't beat an ordinary Wales team.

This piling on Nigeria because we lost a friendly, that could easily have ended 2-1.

These games happen, to EVERY team.

Japan beat that US team 2-0 a month ago, they also couldn't beat Saudi Arabia.

You guys love to exaggerate how bad things are when we are down. It's not all doom and gloom.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

vancity eagle wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:19 am Yet they couldn't beat an ordinary Wales team.

This piling on Nigeria because we lost a friendly, that could easily have ended 2-1.

You guys love to exaggerate how bad things are when we are down. It's not all doom and gloom.
With a better midfield (which is once again our biggest unresolved conundrum), I'll say we can definitely beat or compete admirably with any team, but if Peseiro will keep depending on deadweights like Etebo etc, then we will remain stagnant...I'll hope this embarrassing showing against Portugal has given the coaching staffs all the perspective they needed regarding this team...bin or bench stagnant old guards like Ekong, Etebo, Simon Moses, heck even Ndidi and rebuild that midfield and wing around players that are actually in form (Yusuf, Onyedika, Nwakali, Ejaria and hopefully Eze or/and Lesley Ugochukwu), and you will see the team play with more fluidity with enough supplies to our strikers, then add one or two wingers that can actually CROSS the damn ball for players like Osimhen and Onuachu who are aerially gifted...it's not rocket science that this team is several midfield overhauling changes away from been set. Once again bench or phase OUT players like Ekong, Etebo, Simon Moses, Ndidi (he needs to get back to form FAST), and then put the likes of Chukwueze, Emmanuel Dennis and Aribo on probation or either improving for the team or risk being benched.
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Man, I’ve watched that game again and 2-1 would have been the greatest injustice ever.

Portugal toyed with us, got bored and then the penalty woke them up a bit. In a game that mattered, that would have been far more embarrassing.

Yeah, the US would beat us quite easily right now, no question.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Our talent levels are comparable but yeah...they will beat us right now.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

waka-man wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:47 am Man, I’ve watched that game again and 2-1 would have been the greatest injustice ever.

Portugal toyed with us, got bored and then the penalty woke them up a bit. In a game that mattered, that would have been far more embarrassing.

How many teams have “quite easily” beaten us in a tournament? Even the 2002 team cobbled together by Pa Onigbinde was not easily beaten by anybody.

In the build up to France 98, we lost 5-1, 3-0 and still went on the beat good teams like Spain and Bulgaria in the tournament proper before being beaten by Denmark. Friendlies are good but they are not always a true reflection of the teams capabilities.

Yes we are at a low at this point in time, but I still trust any team we put out there to compete against all the top teams.

And I am not saying this US team can’t beat us, but it is 50/50. They are not that much better than us.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

The SE is utter trash! Utter trash coach who is out there to make a buck. I think Nigeria should focus on other sports. SE always disappoints! Super Chickens indeed
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

:taunt:
Lolly wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:56 am
waka-man wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:47 am Man, I’ve watched that game again and 2-1 would have been the greatest injustice ever.

How many teams have “quite easily” beaten us in a tournament? Even the 2002 team cobbled together by Pa Onigbinde was not easily beaten by anybody.

In the build up to France 98, we lost 5-1, 3-0 and still went on the beat good teams like Spain and Bulgaria in the tournament proper before being beaten by Denmark. Friendlies are good but they are not always a true reflection of the teams capabilities.

Yes we are at a low at this point in time, but I still trust any team we put out there to compete against all the top teams.

And I am not saying this US team can’t beat us, but it is 50/50. They are not that much better than us.
Talking with sentiment as usual. Have you even looked up our history against the US? They even trashed us in our last friendly with them. Even the 94 team couldn’t beat them.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

2 - 1 would have been a huge victory for us, abi?
vancity eagle wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:19 am Yet they couldn't beat an ordinary Wales team.

TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

1naija wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 7:11 am .. this US team can beat us 5-0!
Most people grow older and wiser but not uncle 1naira. You just get more senile🙂❗️

Cheers.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

packerland wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 1:33 pm :taunt:

Talking with sentiment as usual. Have you even looked up our history against the US? They even trashed us in our last friendly with them. Even the 94 team couldn’t beat them.
You know so much about me for someone who I don’t know.

Did you miss the key word “tournament” or you have difficulty paying attention to finer details?

No team would “quite easily” beat us in a competitive match. When was the last time this happened and how many times. Remind us.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Lolly wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 5:09 pm

Did you miss the key word “tournament” or you have difficulty paying attention to finer details?

No team would “quite easily” beat us in a competitive match. When was the last time this happened and how many times. Remind us.
I don’t need you to know me but the way you carry yourself on this forum can be irritating.

You’re always quick to activate your blind patriotic card. Same crap you do in politics. The point is that Nigeria is in a sh*tty state right now as football is concerned and Portugal took their foot off the gas in a meaningful friendly and still disgraced us. But by the grace of God we will rise again but that can only happen if we call it as it is and get to work.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

packerland wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 5:35 pm

I don’t need you to know me but the way you carry yourself on this forum can be irritating.

You’re always quick to activate your blind patriotic card. Same crap you do in politics. The point is that Nigeria is in a sh*tty state right now as football is concerned and Portugal took their foot off the gas in a meaningful friendly and still disgraced us. But by the grace of God we will rise again but that can only happen if we call it as it is and get to work.
I know enemies of Nigeria feel irritated hearing or seeing anything positive about Nigeria. Good for you lot.

I repeat, no country would “quite easily” beat the current SE team in a competitive game. Take that to the bank. Unless you only just started following the SE.

waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Man, I like your patriotism. 2002 had Okocha near the height on his power, Aghahowa at his back flipping best, West in full effect and Yobo emerging as a defensive stalwart.

Yes it was a horrible prep but you can’t compare that team to our current crop of rubbish.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Lolly wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 6:35 pm
packerland wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 5:35 pm

I know enemies of Nigeria feel irritated hearing or seeing anything positive about Nigeria. Good for you lot.

I repeat, no country would “quite easily” beat the current SE team in a competitive game. Take that to the bank. Unless you only just started following the SE.
Kpom.

These people just get carried away with their nonsense.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Put onyedika, Nwakali and Yusuf in that midfield and we will brush USA. These guys are workrate merchants. They have no striker and their defence is poor. The problem with Nigeria is we have a dead midfield which no one is willing to address. Fix the midfield and get rid of deadweights like Musa, Simon, Etebo, Ekong and we are good to go.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

bret- hart wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:00 am Put onyedika, Nwakali and Yusuf in that midfield and we will brush USA. These guys are workrate merchants. They have no striker and their defence is poor. The problem with Nigeria is we have a dead midfield which no one is willing to address. Fix the midfield and get rid of deadweights like Musa, Simon, Etebo, Ekong and we are good to go.
How long have I been talking about midfield ?

And all these clown coaches continue to put out squads with 3 central midfielders while calling 8 strikers.

These clowns continue to ignore Yusuf, Nwakali, Ejaria and co.

They even invite injured players ahead of these prospects.

What do you expect from such foolish decisions ?
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

Nigeria has not regained its confidence after Tunisia smacked us backwards in the Afcon
We havent bounced back and then to make things worse we did not qualify for the WC
As a result confidence remains low and we have nothing to play for
I really dont believe we are trash at all, its a product of the situation
I dont believe the team that won three straight in the first round of that AFCON suddenly became bad, sure some will say we played Minnows, (we did beat Egypt btw), but the recent results for me is a fallout from the AFCON/WC debacle
We will be back surely

In the meantime, can we not use every opportunity to just keep piling on the team, yes they didn't make it, enjoy the WC without Nigeria and keep it moving (if you can ), you are torturing yourself by playing the "What if/if only" game

I can't wait for the AFCON qualifies for Nigeria's next competitive activities, meanwhile Good luck to the 5 African representatives. Since Nigeria, Italy and SA are sitting this one out , I can actually enjoy this WC without any heart failures

PS - Argentina getting smacked by Saudi made my world cup so far :D
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

vancity eagle wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:46 am
bret- hart wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:00 am Put onyedika, Nwakali and Yusuf in that midfield and we will brush USA. These guys are workrate merchants. They have no striker and their defence is poor. The problem with Nigeria is we have a dead midfield which no one is willing to address. Fix the midfield and get rid of deadweights like Musa, Simon, Etebo, Ekong and we are good to go.

And all these clown coaches continue to put out squads with 3 central midfielders while calling 8 strikers.

Dont mind the clown that opened up this daft thread. Of course, even Qatar will beat us in Uyo with the rubbish deadweight players we still parade like Etebo, Abdulahi, Musa, Ekong,Simon etc. When we start inviting the likes of Nwakali, Onyedika, Yusuf, Olayinka, Adegbite, Olusegun, Ibrahim Said etc then I will know we are getting serious. Fix the midfield and we are good to go but these morons including Pisero think this is advanced calculus.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Here is the list of decent teams Nigeria has played lately.

Ecuador
Mexico
Algeria
Costa Rica
Portugal.

Please tell us the result of these games. If you follow piss poor hungry agents, you will wind up in Israel.

vancity eagle wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:46 am

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Nwakali, a work rate merchant? That’s a serious error of judgement right there.
Onyedika yes. Yusuf yes. But Nwakali? :lol:
Please, don’t let him embarrass you when you eventually make SE coach.
Nigerian fans will pursue you like you stole something.
Just like Rohr. Just like Eguavon. Soon Peseiro.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

US would win of course but Zimmerman and Ream trying to deal with Oshimen? USA 5 Nigeria 4.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.