My apologies to Pinnick and Gernot Rohr...Odegbami

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

megapro
Eaglet
Eaglet
My apologies to Pinnick and Gernot Rohr...Odegbami

Post by megapro »

My apologies to Amaju Pinnick and Gernot Rohr.

Segun Odegbami

Last week, 'The Big Interview' debuted on Eagle7 Sports Radio.
It is a program produced and presented by my friend and super journalist, Osasu Obayiuwana.

He is fully responsible for the sports personalities he interviews on the show and the questions he asks them.

It is in that spirit that he interviewed Mr. Gernot Rohr, a former coach who is inconsequential in Nigerian football today, after 5 barren years without a Silverware to show, and most irrelevant now that he has been fired and is earning 'free' money for work not done.

After the Interview, last week, Pinnick Amaju reached out to me and expressed disapproval at the conduct of the interview a large part of which, he said, was skewed to disparage his person.

I assured him that was not the case even though I had no hand in the questions Osasu asked him. Osasu was the producer and presenter of the program.
I told him, of course, that Osasu is responsible for content of the interview and not me.

In a fit of anger he sent me a mail that was not flattering, to say the least. I understood his pain and forwarded the message to Osasu to let him know just how Amaju felt. How he was not happy.

It was a totally private message between Amaju and I, and I would never in a million years have taken that as his public reaction to the Interview. If I ever thought so, I would have published it myself and made a cheap point of it.

I discussed it with Osasu and I assumed the matter would die a natural death, only for me to see a publication today on social media quoting from the private and confidential message exchange between Amaju and I, that I forwarded to Osasu.

Amaju is my friend despite our disagreements over Gernot Rohr and the man's place in the story of Nigerian football. But I would never have used my own opinion to denigrate him in any way.

This publication on social media disclosing my private exchange with Amaju and accusing Gernot Rohr of some misconduct during his stay in Nigeria is totally uncalled for, and a betrayal of Amaju's trust in my person. It is totally out of my character and I take full responsibility for abusing his confidence.

I use this opportunity to unreservedly publicly apologise to Amaju Pinnick for whatever 'harm' this must have done and may do to him. He does not deserve this treatment at all.

Eagle7 Sports Radio is not meant to fight vendettas, and this is smelling very much like one. I don't use my position to take cheap shots at anyone.

I am truly sorry for betraying Amaju's trust and hereby apologise for how our private exchange has now turned 'lethal'.

Meanwhile, the content of that story is not a news item, and I fully understand, as a Nigerian, the context in which some words were expressed.

I also publicly apologise to Mr. Gernot Rohr for the embarrassing report.

Segun Odegbami
megapro 2012:
Keshi should be left alone to continue his program, and seriously has a chance of casting his name in gold
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: My apologies to Pinnick and Gernot Rohr...Odegbami

Post by Damunk »

Okay, so are we ever going to know what the controversy is about? Or has it all been taken down?
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Damunk wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:55 am Okay, so are we ever going to know what the controversy is about? Or has it all been taken down?
I think it had to do with Rohr's criticism of Pinnick and holding him responsible for Nigeria's failure to qualify for the WC. Pinnick's response was to accuse Rohr of sleeping with young girls in Gabon and Niger and daring him to take him to court for slander. Pinnick in his usual brash attitude did not respond to Rohr's comments rather focused on his private life
I am happy
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Dammy wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:04 am
Damunk wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:55 am Okay, so are we ever going to know what the controversy is about? Or has it all been taken down?
I think it had to do with Rohr's criticism of Pinnick and holding him responsible for Nigeria's failure to qualify for the WC. Pinnick's response was to accuse Rohr of sleeping with young girls in Gabon and Niger and daring him to take him to court for slander. Pinnick in his usual brash attitude did not respond to Rohr's comments rather focused on his private life
Wow!
I’m sure it will all eventually come out.
Thanks.
2think
Egg
Egg

Post by 2think »

megapro wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:37 am My apologies to Amaju Pinnick and Gernot Rohr.

Segun Odegbami

Last week, 'The Big Interview' debuted on Eagle7 Sports Radio.
It is a program produced and presented by my friend and super journalist, Osasu Obayiuwana.

He is fully responsible for the sports personalities he interviews on the show and the questions he asks them.

It is in that spirit that he interviewed Mr. Gernot Rohr, a former coach who is inconsequential in Nigerian football today, after 5 barren years without a Silverware to show, and most irrelevant now that he has been fired and is earning 'free' money for work not done.

After the Interview, last week, Pinnick Amaju reached out to me and expressed disapproval at the conduct of the interview a large part of which, he said, was skewed to disparage his person.

I assured him that was not the case even though I had no hand in the questions Osasu asked him. Osasu was the producer and presenter of the program.
I told him, of course, that Osasu is responsible for content of the interview and not me.

In a fit of anger he sent me a mail that was not flattering, to say the least. I understood his pain and forwarded the message to Osasu to let him know just how Amaju felt. How he was not happy.

It was a totally private message between Amaju and I, and I would never in a million years have taken that as his public reaction to the Interview. If I ever thought so, I would have published it myself and made a cheap point of it.

I discussed it with Osasu and I assumed the matter would die a natural death, only for me to see a publication today on social media quoting from the private and confidential message exchange between Amaju and I, that I forwarded to Osasu.

Amaju is my friend despite our disagreements over Gernot Rohr and the man's place in the story of Nigerian football. But I would never have used my own opinion to denigrate him in any way.

This publication on social media disclosing my private exchange with Amaju and accusing Gernot Rohr of some misconduct during his stay in Nigeria is totally uncalled for, and a betrayal of Amaju's trust in my person. It is totally out of my character and I take full responsibility for abusing his confidence.

I use this opportunity to unreservedly publicly apologise to Amaju Pinnick for whatever 'harm' this must have done and may do to him. He does not deserve this treatment at all.

Eagle7 Sports Radio is not meant to fight vendettas, and this is smelling very much like one. I don't use my position to take cheap shots at anyone.

I am truly sorry for betraying Amaju's trust and hereby apologise for how our private exchange has now turned 'lethal'.

Meanwhile, the content of that story is not a news item, and I fully understand, as a Nigerian, the context in which some words were expressed.

I also publicly apologise to Mr. Gernot Rohr for the embarrassing report.

Segun Odegbami

What does Oga Segun mean by this statement?
Honestly dongerrit
May the Lord God Bless U real Good
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Trust that ****bot damunkey to rush into this thread thinking the apology was based on the correct sacking of his massa
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:31 pm Trust that ****bot damunkey to rush into this thread thinking the apology was based on the correct sacking of his massa
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: If you know, you know!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Terrible from Pinnick
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Pretty much what the SOB was doing in Nigeria. spent all his time running after naija girls, rather than focus on his work. I know his kind because I see them at Federal Palace, Lagos. Old rotten looking white dudes, who leave their countries to come to Nigeria to look for black p*ssy. They see our women as "personal cargo," that they can pay for easily and ask them to do any sick act for them. This SOB was focused on coaching in Africa and stayed in Africa for one reason only -- to misuse our women.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Na waao, in my view Segun should never have shared the content of a private information with Osasu. I assume here that he never received permission to share this information.

Beyond that, however, this really describes the character of Amaju .... to try to control what journalists do!!! Why is it even his business who Osasu decides to interview? If Osasu decides to talk with Rohr that is none of Amaju' business.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

danfo driver wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:29 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:31 pm Trust that ****bot damunkey to rush into this thread thinking the apology was based on the correct sacking of his massa
Dumbfo & Company claiming to 'know'.
How is that even possible? Oxymoron of the day!
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Damunk wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 2:06 pm
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: good morning bro :lol:
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Enugu II wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:44 pm Na waao, in my view Segun should never have shared the content of a private information with Osasu. I assume here that he never received permission to share this information.

Beyond that, however, this really describes the character of Amaju .... to try to control what journalists do!!! Why is it even his business who Osasu decides to interview? If Osasu decides to talk with Rohr that is none of Amaju' business.
Chief, you know it's not unusual to share information with journalist (OFF THE RECORD).
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

welcome , you were worked up thinking massa was mentioned as oga at the top... what a joke you are .the laughing stock of eagles nest :boo: :boo: :boo:
Last edited by Bigpokey24 on Wed Nov 23, 2022 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Enugu II wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:44 pm Na waao, in my view Segun should never have shared the content of a private information with Osasu. I assume here that he never received permission to share this information.

I agree that Big Sheg should not have shared a private message from Pinnick with a journalist. Also Osasu threw Odegbami under the bus by publishing the contents of the private message.
It's a shame what legends have become in Nigeria that Pinnick can be having a go at Odegbami and the legend being apologetic. This is what happens when you collect favours from the likes of Pinnick.
I am happy
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

danfo driver wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 2:26 pm
Good morning Dumbro. :thumb:
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Dammy wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 3:41 pm

I agree that Big Sheg should not have shared a private message from Pinnick with a journalist. Also Osasu threw Odegbami under the bus by publishing the contents of the private message.
It's a shame what legends have become in Nigeria that Pinnick can be having a go at Odegbami and the legend being apologetic. This is what happens when you collect favours from the likes of Pinnick.
Unfortunately, Odegbami had more faith in his friend and producer than deserved.
I think the error of judgement lies mainly with the producer.
In fact, its a massive breach of trust.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

fabio wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 2:32 pm

Chief, you know it's not unusual to share information with journalist (OFF THE RECORD).
Fabio

Well did Sheg let him know the info was off the record? Or was he expecting Osasu to know that he wanted it off the record?
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Unfortunately, you can't pick and chose when to be a legend. If you behave like and Agbero legend and seek the limelight when your light has been turned off since 1982, you should expect whatever you get. Spectator Odegbami has no principle. He chases wherever the jingle sound is coming from. How come Christian Chukwu, Emmanuel Okala, Adokie Amiesimaka, etc are never caught up in such disgraceful , "notice me, notice me" behaviour? Because they are legends that behave like legends!

The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Yeah, it's the producer's fault.

Damunk wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 4:14 pm

Unfortunately, Odegbami had more faith in his friend and producer than deserved.
I think the error of judgement lies mainly with the producer.
In fact, its a massive breach of trust.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

The house is on fire, and the self-seeking 'geniuses' are busy chasing rats.
Cheeiiii!!! :( :sad: :mad:
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

This is very embarrassing from all parties involved :oops:
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Damunk wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 4:07 pm
danfo driver wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 2:26 pm
Good morning Dumbro. :thumb:
It is well, my brother. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: