Video : 'His mother is Nigerian' - Argentina fans sing racist song about Mbappe

Discuss World Football here. Continental football, International Leagues, and players.
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

A racist song sung by Argentina supporters against the players of the French national team, Kylian Mbappe in particular, was broadcast live from Qatar on Tuesday by Argentine sports channel TyC Sports.

According to Spanish sports newspaper Mundo Deportivo, the broadcast had to be interrupted when the embarrassed journalist heard the lyrics as he was interviewing the Argentina fans.

The song mocked the African origins of several players named in France's 2022 World Cup squad and contained homophobic slurs.

More than half of the players France manager Didier Deschamps took to Qatar could have opted to play international football for an African nation if they wished including Axel Disasi (Congo), Jules Koundé (Benin), Matteo Guendouzi (Morocco), Aurélien Tchouaméni (Cameroon), Ousmane Dembélé (Mali), Randal Kolo Muani (Congo), Youssouf Fofana (Mali), Steve Mandanda (DR Congo), William Saliba (Cameroon), Dayot Upamecano (Guinea-Bissau), Ibrahima Konaté (Mali), Eduardo Camavinga (Angola) and Mbappe (Nigeria/Cameroon/Algeria).

The Argentina fans sang : "Spread the word, they play in France but are all from Angola. How beautiful, they are going to run. They like transvestites like that wh*re Mbappé. His mother is Nigerian, his father is Cameroonian, but on the document he has French nationality."

The 23-year-old Mbappe scored a brace and provided an assist in France's 4-3 win over Argentina at the 2018 World Cup.

https://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_n ... ?nid=45536
gosh
Egg
Egg
Re: Video : 'His mother is Nigerian' - Argentina fans sing racist song about Mbappe

Post by gosh »

What exactly is wrong with Mbappe having Nigerian/Cameroonian parents of African descent? What does that have to do with his skills?
All these chants I guess happened because he single-handedly beat Argentina silly 4 years ago?
Have these Argentines checked their backgrounds themselves? Many arrived in Argentina after fleeing Nazi Germany intending to form a whites-only society there only to fail.
And oh, I am sure if France met them again they will still lose.
Whatever you are chasing is also chasing you!
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Video : 'His mother is Nigerian' - Argentina fans sing racist song about Mbappe

Post by Mr. Piffington »

I don't think it's racist, they are making fun of the French for only getting help from "African" players.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

Mr. Piffington wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 4:44 am I don't think it's racist, they are making fun of the French for only getting help from "African" players.
Hopefully that is the case but never trust this Argentina people.
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

kajifu wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 1:35 pm
Mr. Piffington wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 4:44 am I don't think it's racist, they are making fun of the French for only getting help from "African" players.
I don't trust the Argies either (for getting rid of their black population), but this is not racist.
It's typical banter between nations unless you think there is something wrong with coming from Nigeria
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

Rawlings wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 4:53 pm
kajifu wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 1:35 pm
I don't trust the Argies either (for getting rid of their black population), but this is not racist.
It's typical banter between nations unless you think there is something wrong with coming from Nigeria

I agree
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

That’s the way I see it. I’m not sure how pointing out a man’s African heritage amounts to a racist taunt. Unless of course there’s a negative qualifier added to the African reference.
We’ve made jest of the French national team in exactly the same way here on CE.

I
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...until African learn to hit back, and stop crying victim hood.
Just chant back at them Argies, that they are all descendants of German Nazis and let's see how they take it.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

mcal wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 4:53 am ...until African learn to hit back, and stop crying victim hood.
Just chant back at them Argies, that they are all descendants of German Nazis and let's see how they take it.
If confronted by Argie racists, good response.
If it’s just football banter, no need to race to the bottom.

France ‘98. Nigeria vs Spain. Parc de Princes, Paris. .
I was dressed in my full Naija colours, hat and scarf included. I had arrived very early and popped back out to the stadium’s car park to get something just as three busloads of Spanish fans were pulling up, shouting something at me in Spanish about Nigeria. I was immediately on my guard, expecting a barrage of racist abuse. I was alone and as they jumped and headed in my direction, I feared the worst.
Next thing they were surrounding me posing for pictures and shaking my hand. Of course, they were predicting the inevitable Spanish victory. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
I could easily have misread the situation and started hurling abuse right back at them.
Big mistake.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Damunk wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 6:15 am
mcal wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 4:53 am ...until African learn to hit back, and stop crying victim hood.
If confronted by Argie racists, good response.
If it’s just football banter, no need to race to the bottom.

France ‘98. Nigeria vs Spain. Parc de Princes, Paris. .
I was dressed in my full Naija colours, hat and scarf included. I had arrived very early and popped back out to the stadium’s car park to get something just as three busloads of Spanish fans were pulling up, shouting something at me in Spanish about Nigeria. I was immediately on my guard, expecting a barrage of racist abuse. I was alone and as they jumped and headed in my direction, I feared the worst.
Next thing they were surrounding me posing for pictures and shaking my hand. Of course, they were predicting the inevitable Spanish victory. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
I could easily have misread the situation and started hurling abuse right back at them.
Big mistake.
...true not to jump to conclusion, but hey I love how MBS boys beat dem Nazis today :D :D
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

They paid for it today. Thanks Saudi Arabia :clap: :clap:
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
highbury
Egg
Egg

Post by highbury »

Some Africans stupid sha. Look at some of them in CE claiming it was not a racist action. Tufiakwa! Always wanting to be validated by whites. Slaves!
Donzman
Egg
Egg

Post by Donzman »

I do not see the racism to be honest. It's mostly mocking France.
Donzman
Egg
Egg

Post by Donzman »

highbury wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 3:41 am Some Africans stupid sha. Look at some of them in CE claiming it was not a racist action. Tufiakwa! Always wanting to be validated by whites. Slaves!
What is racist about it? At least help us here.
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

Fascists racists can't move on from what Mbappe did to them in 2018.
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Damunk wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:15 pm
That’s the way I see it. I’m not sure how pointing out a man’s African heritage amounts to a racist taunt. Unless of course there’s a negative qualifier added to the African reference.
We’ve made jest of the French national team in exactly the same way here on CE.

I
It’s like the difference between a black man using the N word and a white man using the N word. Yes, we make fun of the French for fielding mostly African players but unlike Argentina, we haven’t exterminated black people. Context matters a great deal. Besides, there’s the reference to transvestites implying that Black French players are transvestites❗️

Cheers.
kendo
Egg
Egg

Post by kendo »

They weren't implying that the players are transvestites. They were calling Mbappé's partner a transvestite.

Is the song racist? I can see how some would see it that way. And maybe there's tone-deafness on the Argies side.
Also I think maybe the song points out the irony of the French national team having a lot of African origin players. (Of course there's reasoning behind why that is) but overall I think it's banter. Quite rude but still banter.

Overall the song is really directed at Mbappé himself.
Anyone that can fry 3 sets of plantain without putting any in their mouth can keep a secret.
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

this video is making the rounds again.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

This is a racist chant, are some of you on CE so naïve ?
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
furiously frank
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by furiously frank »

gosh wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 4:13 am What exactly is wrong with Mbappe having Nigerian/Cameroonian parents of African descent? What does that have to do with his skills?
All these chants I guess happened because he single-handedly beat Argentina silly 4 years ago?
Have these Argentines checked their backgrounds themselves? Many arrived in Argentina after fleeing Nazi Germany intending to form a whites-only society there only to fail.
And oh, I am sure if France met them again they will still lose.
Correction: They were Nazis fleeing judgment at Nuremberg who went to hide in South America
"That Justice is a blind goddess
Is a thing to which we blacks are wise.
Her bandage hides two festering sores
That once perhaps were eyes."
Langston Hughes, 1923
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Does it make a difference that his mother is actually a white Algerian? Stupid chant, hopefully Mbappe and France will stick it to them on Saturday.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

I thought people here kept saying that France was an African team? What's the difference here?
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

kalani JR wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 4:56 am I thought people here kept saying that France was an African team? What's the difference here?
a white man said it.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.