Spain 7-0 Costa Rica

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Rawlings
Egg
Egg
Spain 7-0 Costa Rica

Post by Rawlings »

is this the same Costa Rica that beat SE 2-0?

[instagram][/instagram]
Last edited by Rawlings on Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:46 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Spain-Costa Rica

Post by felarey »

Terrible start for Costa Rica. They seem static and not up for a fight. They showed more passion in singing the national anthem than in the game so far.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Penalty
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

3 shots on goal, 3 goals for Spain. Now that's efficiency!

Wha choo looking at?!
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Hmmm. Costa Rica must focus on damage control
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
smallpikin
Egg
Egg

Post by smallpikin »

felarey wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 5:29 pm Terrible start for Costa Rica. They seem static and not up for a fight. They showed more passion in singing the national anthem than in the game so far.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"If you aren't keeping the score
you're only practising". Hugh Collum, Finance Director, SmithKline Beecham.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Why does goal scoring come so easily for teams like Spain, France and England? Most everybody else huffs and puffs to score peanuts

Wha choo looking at?!
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

navas looking like larry holmes flabby and sick.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Costa Rica are flat. Happy to go 2 mins without touching the ball. Will they stick with this back 5 SOS game? Game is almost at pedestrian pace, this is too easy for Spain. Too many chicas around their hotel last night? Busquets in DM is closer to the forwards than defenders...SMH.,

YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Over 500 completed passes in the half. But Costa Rica have been poor.

BTW I just don’t rate Gavi. His play is a bit too immature for my liking
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

felarey wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 5:44 pm Costa Rica are flat. Happy to go 2 mins without touching the ball. Will they stick with this back 5 SOS game? Game is almost at pedestrian pace, this is too easy for Spain. Too many chicas around their hotel last night? Busquets in DM is closer to the forwards than defenders...SMH.,

Too easy...

On Busi, squarehead Enrique does play him that high, and then pushes Rodri into MF to form a back 3 in possession...
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Costa Rica are so poor, they need to be charged with match fixing. How did they qualify for this WC? How do they explain not touching the ball for minutes? Waiting for a wayward/mistake pass to get on the ball. They had ZERO shots (nevermind on goal) in 45 mins plus 5. Show no urgency, really can't imagine what's going on in that dressing room right now.

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

felarey wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 5:55 pm Costa Rica are so poor, they need to be charged with match fixing. How did they qualify for this WC? How do they explain not touching the ball for minutes? Waiting for a wayward/mistake pass to get on the ball. They had ZERO shots (nevermind on goal) in 45 mins plus 5. Show no urgency, really can't imagine what's going on in that dressing room right now.
Very useless team...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Believe it or not
Egg
Egg

Post by Believe it or not »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 5:39 pm Why does goal scoring come so easily for teams like Spain, France and England? Most everybody else huffs and puffs to score peanuts
If your midfielders and wingers like to make forward passes and are good at passing, you will score.
smallpikin
Egg
Egg
Re: Spain 3-0 Costa Rica (HT)

Post by smallpikin »

Costa Rica are a shadow of their teams of the past. No wonder they needed a playoff victory against NZ to make it to the World Cup.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

felarey wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 5:55 pm Costa Rica are so poor, they need to be charged with match fixing. How did they qualify for this WC? How do they explain not touching the ball for minutes? Waiting for a wayward/mistake pass to get on the ball. They had ZERO shots (nevermind on goal) in 45 mins plus 5. Show no urgency, really can't imagine what's going on in that dressing room right now.
I’ll give them a pass there. Look who they’re playing against :thumbs:

Wha choo looking at?!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Typical Spain. Hardly a touch on the ball wasted

Wha choo looking at?!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

4-0

Wha choo looking at?!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Too easy 4-0
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:13 pm
I’ll give them a pass there. Look who they’re playing against :thumbs:
The lack of effort tho.... commentator said completed passes in first half Spain 549 vs Costa 73.

smallpikin
Egg
Egg

Post by smallpikin »

Costa Rica might be worse than Iran or even Qatar. No fight in them at all.
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

maceo4 wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 5:57 pm
Very useless team...
they've been playing well, this will only be their second loss this year... not ready for primetime it appears.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

4th goal says it all, Torres just wanted it more in the midst of 2 defenders.