Spain 7-0 Costa Rica

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Spain 6-0 Costa Rica

Post by Coach »

Think the objective from FIFA was the record for number of goals scored. The extra time allowances are ridiculous. Can only imagine the pituitary apoplexy in the dugout when 8 lights up on the board. All the king's horses moved up top, sweeper keeper launching it in.
packerland
Egg
Egg
Re: Spain 3-0 Costa Rica

Post by packerland »

Coach wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:42 pm Japan are a decent side and make up for their lack of superstars with a national pride that dares the sinews to surrender. Much like South Korea, they’ll run for days and some. Lovely side to watch. Pure energy.
Go check again. Their players are very good. They don’t have a true#9 everywhere else they have above average players. Did you see how many saved their GK made? And his backup is supposedly better than him.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Spain 7-0 Costa Rica

Post by Scipio Africanus »

One day we too will be scoring freely like this even with Moses Simon dancing atilogwu with the ball on the left wing

Wha choo looking at?!
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

joplass wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:57 pm
txj wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:53 pm Comon!
8mins of added time!

where is the commonsense?
I am with you. FIFA should just end it. Pure humiliation to one of the countries I really like. Good people, great vacation spot.
Great vacation spot or an all inclusive sex getaways :sneaky: :lol: :lol:.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Costa Rica qualified based on experience and having a stud goalkeeper. They huffed and puffed their way to the WC. Most of their good players are old. They are going through what Chile is going through right now. Jamaica and Panama are on the up and Honduras finds a way to make it every other WC.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:13 pm One day we too will be scoring freely like this even with Moses Simon dancing atilogwu with the ball on the left wing
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: And Musa

Spain has moved on from the old guard and are benefiting, Nigerians are still twerking for Musa, Simon, Etebo, Ekong, Balogun etc etc.. :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Coach wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:05 pm Think the objective from FIFA was the record for number of goals scored. The extra time allowances are ridiculous. Can only imagine the pituitary apoplexy in the dugout when 8 lights up on the board. All the king's horses moved up top, sweeper keeper launching it in.
The objective is to take out time wasting as a tactic. Time spent on subs, discipline issues, goal kicks, throw-ins etc. They keep track of all the stoppages and tack it all on at the end. I think it's a good thing. Teams just have to adjust. Many goals scored in extra time so far.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

packerland wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:23 pm Costa Rica qualified based on experience and having a stud goalkeeper. They huffed and puffed their way to the WC. Most of their good players are old. They are going through what Chile is going through right now. Jamaica and Panama are on the up and Honduras finds a way to make it every other WC.

This is a common theme I'm finding. Man, I've been playing and following since I've been a kid, now am 56...and this lesson always amazes me.

:!:

Spain is remarkable in how they transitioned. Retired one of the greatest NTs. Wasn't totally smooth, a process since the win in 2010. A 12 year plan of sorts. But they did...look at all this youth playing SUDDENLY with maturity, composure, and the highest skill.

Again, I didn't rate them too high. Rated them more on style, which is a good football school, rather than players. But they now seem to have the players.

They planned this. I know it is hard for Nigerians to follow all this in lieu of not qualifying. And because there is a lot of talent in Nigeria. I'm frustrated in the same vein for Croatia...as we have everything but a staff willing to go with such youth, suffering the pains, investing for the future.

We all can learn from Spain. Not saying they will win this. But with this kind of caliber and level of play...won't surprise me if they do. My eye test so far likes Spain and France. Same lessons apply to France...who ironically may have been forced to go more with youth because of the injuries.
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Coach wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:05 pm Think the objective from FIFA was the record for number of goals scored. The extra time allowances are ridiculous. Can only imagine the pituitary apoplexy in the dugout when 8 lights up on the board. All the king's horses moved up top, sweeper keeper launching it in.

Really strong point.

Somebody should note all the changed factors and how much they are causing upsets.

Funny, because Ohsee always say let's see over the marathon what happens, be it war or football.

It applies here: let's see how Argentina, Germany, France, Spain, and so adjust to exhaustion, different time zone, climate, officiating, November, and injuries. I'm not saying it's all this, as teams like Saudi Arabia, Japan, Tunisia, and Morocco got their results also on football merit.

Again, let's see what happens over 2 games. Maybe it is a matter of stronger teams adjusting, in near real time. Football is like that.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

mate wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:44 pm
packerland wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:23 pm Costa Rica qualified based on experience and having a stud goalkeeper. They huffed and puffed their way to the WC. Most of their good players are old. They are going through what Chile is going through right now. Jamaica and Panama are on the up and Honduras finds a way to make it every other WC.

This is a common theme I'm finding. Man, I've been playing and following since I've been a kid, now am 56...and this lesson always amazes me.

:!:

Spain is remarkable in how they transitioned. Retired one of the greatest NTs. Wasn't totally smooth, a process since the win in 2010. A 12 year plan of sorts. But they did...look at all this youth playing SUDDENLY with maturity, composure, and the highest skill.

Again, I didn't rate them too high. Rated them more on style, which is a good football school, rather than players. But they now seem to have the players.

They planned this. I know it is hard for Nigerians to follow all this in lieu of not qualifying. And because there is a lot of talent in Nigeria. I'm frustrated in the same vein for Croatia...as we have everything but a staff willing to go with such youth, suffering the pains, investing for the future.

We all can learn from Spain. Not saying they will win this. But with this kind of caliber and level of play...won't surprise me if they do. My eye test so far likes Spain and France. Same lessons apply to France...who ironically may have been forced to go more with youth because of the injuries.
Well said
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

mate wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:49 pm

Really strong point.

Somebody should note all the changed factors and how much they are causing upsets.

Funny, because Ohsee always say let's see over the marathon what happens, be it war or football.

It applies here: let's see how Argentina, Germany, France, Spain, and so adjust to exhaustion, different time zone, climate, officiating, November, and injuries. I'm not saying it's all this, as teams like Saudi Arabia, Japan, Tunisia, and Morocco got their results also on football merit.

Again, let's see what happens over 2 games. Maybe it is a matter of stronger teams adjusting, in near real time. Football is like that.
Right there!
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Guys, my friend brought up something I didn't catch: Spain's style lends itself to the heat.

Chasing that possession will exhaust and dehydrate an opponent faster.

Something to think about.

The Football Gods seem to be blessing Spain.
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

iworo wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:14 pm
8mins of added time!

I am with you. FIFA should just end it. Pure humiliation to one of the countries I really like. Good people, great vacation spot.
Spoiler :lol:
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Not to take anything away from Spain but Costa Rica is really weak. Let’s see how they play vs Germany who’ll offer a much better test
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

YUJAM wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 12:42 am Not to take anything away from Spain but Costa Rica is really weak. Let’s see how they play vs Germany who’ll offer a much better test
I don't think Costa Rica would get whipped 7-0 by other strong opponents. They way Spain did was eye opening. It's not just possession based on style and training...but these players seem built for it, with a finishing and composure of top class.

Indeed let's see how they do against Germany...a team just beaten by a decent Japan outfit.

:)
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

And they will tell us our homebase team played well against these jokers.

Sshmmmmeeeeew
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

YUJAM wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 12:42 am Not to take anything away from Spain but Costa Rica is really weak. Let’s see how they play vs Germany who’ll offer a much better test
they were the hottest team in concacaf entering the tournament. not sure what happened today.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

joplass wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 12:10 am
iworo wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:14 pm
8mins of added time!

Spoiler :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: