[WC 2022] BELGIUM 1(Batshuayi) CANADA FT

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [WC 2022] BELGIUM 0 CANADA 0

Post by ohsee »

mate wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:14 pm
ohsee wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:08 pm
mate wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:14 pm Well, Canada blew it.

You have to make that penalty.

Terrible shot against a great goalie.

That said...I have to admit Canada look good.
Fonzie should never have taken that penalty. He is not the regular penalty taker for the team, nor does he take them for Bayern. He got caught up in the hype and tried to be the hero. He was largely ineffectual in this game. To speak the unspeakable, Canada plays better without Fonzie. Canada is good, but good in midfield without end result means nada. Missed way too many chances. And we got caught with a sucker punch just before halftime.

Did I not say somewhere that Kevin DeBruyne is not that genius for Belgium? He looked very ordinary today.

Fonzie, I'll use your term :) , did well. He just went too far, like you said.

That penalty was lousy. He clearly was afraid and choked.

He created well, but indeed tried to be the hero and ultimately over dribbled and refused to pass in a critical moment.

He can learn...but hopefully not against Croatia.

:rotf:

Well done by your team. I didn't expect this. If Canada builds on this, the future looks bright.
:biggrin:
Na Fonzie we dey call am for Canada na. :D Thanks mate. Hopefully we learn from this.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Re: [WC 2022] BELGIUM 1(Batshuayi) CANADA 0

Post by Tobi17 »

KDB is the Messi of Belgium, barely shows up for country when it matters
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

ohsee wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:08 pm
mate wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:14 pm Well, Canada blew it.

You have to make that penalty.

Terrible shot against a great goalie.

That said...I have to admit Canada look good.
Fonzie should never have taken that penalty. He is not the regular penalty taker for the team, nor does he take them for Bayern. He got caught up in the hype and tried to be the hero. He was largely ineffectual in this game. To speak the unspeakable, Canada plays better without Fonzie. Canada is good, but good in midfield without end result means nada. Missed way too many chances. And we got caught with a sucker punch just before halftime.

Did I not say somewhere that Kevin DeBruyne is not that genius for Belgium? He looked very ordinary today.
1. Saw his name in lights. A side with an iota of experience would've had a proper captain step forward and deal with his delusion of grandeur swifttly.

2. An absolute genius standing on weary legs. Age will be a major factor during this tournament. The amount of game time already in some of those hamstrings out there and the 4 day turnaround will reduce many to Babatunde. Odogwu will issue accordingly.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Tobi17 wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:36 pm KDB is the Messi of Belgium, barely shows up for country when it matters
Plays much further forward for the Chocolatiers and in truth, with no actual pattern of play. Belgium are hard to decipher, wingbacks but don't focus on the wings, two tens but don't not quite the fluidity and freedom. Cant help but feel Martinez has too much to choose from.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Basics - Margins - Little things

Alfonso should not have taken the pena and should not have played 90 mins.
If Herd wanted to keep him for 90 mins should have switched him out to the wings after subbing out Hoilett.

David would have them retreated to the hole and he should play larin ahead of David.

The players kept slipping and taking hasty shots - that was clearly nervousness meaning the coach should have calmed them down or outright asked them to play the ball in short passing sequences . Belgium dealt with all the crosses but ye he kept asking them to cross .

What he needed was Davies running at belgium on one side and Buchanan on the other side .

Heck by 75 mins Canada had 18 shots !! 2 on target .. They need to calm down and just play the ball on their ground .
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

ohsee wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:32 pm
The YeyeMan wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:10 pm
ohsee wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:08 pm Did I not say somewhere that Kevin DeBruyne is not that genius for Belgium? He looked very ordinary today.
The pundits on BBC were saying the problem was Batshuayi failing to be on the same wavelength as KDB. Totally ignored KDB being off his game.
I don't remember a game where he has dominated for Belgium like he does for City. For City, when Kevin gets the ball, e malu na egwu di :lol: (you know say frightening things are about to happun) :lol: But for Belgium, you know nothing will happen. :lol:
Anyone can have an off day. Croatia and Morocco both would be wise not to write off KDB and Belgium❗️

Cheers.
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Roberto Martinez said Canada was the better team. Canada needs to learn from this experience and turn it into a blessing.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

I am not a fan of playing high profile club defenders as attacking players in their NT. Austria tried it with Alaba and it didn't work. Davies should play the role he plays at his club. He is an awesome player but he played way to high up the pitch for Canada and too often tried to be a hero.

Canada played a great game but don't have any poise or patience in the final third. Is this a Concacaf thing? Mexico and USA played the same way.

Sometimes you just have to make the ball do the work for you and choose when to use your athletism.

Great effort though.
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Siddonlook11 wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:09 pm Basics - Margins - Little things

Alfonso should not have taken the pena and should not have played 90 mins.
If Herd wanted to keep him for 90 mins should have switched him out to the wings after subbing out Hoilett.

David would have them retreated to the hole and he should play larin ahead of David.

The players kept slipping and taking hasty shots - that was clearly nervousness meaning the coach should have calmed them down or outright asked them to play the ball in short passing sequences . Belgium dealt with all the crosses but ye he kept asking them to cross .

What he needed was Davies running at belgium on one side and Buchanan on the other side .

Heck by 75 mins Canada had 18 shots !! 2 on target .. They need to calm down and just play the ball on their ground .
My guess is Davies was kept on to gain some match fitness after returning from injury, unfortunately there's no other way to achieve this and it's the first game. Had it been last game, he'll be off.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

airwolex wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:15 pm I am not a fan of playing high profile club defenders as attacking players in their NT. Austria tried it with Alaba and it didn't work. Davies should play the role he plays at his club. He is an awesome player but he played way to high up the pitch for Canada and too often tried to be a hero.

Canada played a great game but don't have any poise or patience in the final third. Is this a Concacaf thing? Mexico and USA played the same way.

Sometimes you just have to make the ball do the work for you and choose when to use your athletism.

Great effort though.
He has played in forward positions for Canada though, left and right. But he looked better in first half and probably not fully fit.

kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

airwolex wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:15 pm I am not a fan of playing high profile club defenders as attacking players in their NT. Austria tried it with Alaba and it didn't work. Davies should play the role he plays at his club. He is an awesome player but he played way to high up the pitch for Canada and too often tried to be a hero.

Great effort though.
When he was at Vancouver he was a forward playing player, it's more of a Mikel as a #10 situation.
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

ohsee wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 pm
joplass wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:27 pm Can you believe Canada winning this game? ohsee will go on a drinking frenzy
:rotf: :rotf:
I don't drink anymore, but if they won, I would have broken out the Madeira! :biggrin:
:lol:
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Me I like this Canada team , they have been the best Concacaf team so far
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Herdman said he leaves the penalty decision to the players on the field. :roll: I sense he's trying to take heat of Davies and be the fall guy cos that's ridiculous.

mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:12 pm
ohsee wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:08 pm Did I not say somewhere that Kevin DeBruyne is not that genius for Belgium? He looked very ordinary today.
The pundits on BBC were saying the problem was Batshuayi failing to be on the same wavelength as KDB. Totally ignored KDB being off his game.
I don't remember a game where he has dominated for Belgium like he does for City. For City, when Kevin gets the ball, e malu na egwu di :lol: (you know say frightening things are about to happun) :lol: But for Belgium, you know nothing will happen. :lol:
Anyone can have an off day. Croatia and Morocco both would be wise not to write off KDB and Belgium❗️

Cheers.

After the 1st salvos, I now agree with other posters that this is the toughest group so far.

Nobody wrote off Canada or Morocco much less Belgium or Croatia.

Next 2 games in this group are going to be sports warfare.

All 4 teams in this group need a win next game.

For me, Belgium seems to have the best path.
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

Alfonso has actually been very effective in attack for Canada in WCQ.

I don’t think he was able to recover mentally from that pk miss earlier in the game.

Canada learned a very important lesson about the WC. It’s all about tiny margins in the tourney. A team has to take its chances
kalani JR wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:22 pm

Great effort though.
When he was at Vancouver he was a forward playing player, it's more of a Mikel as a #10 situation.
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

Why would a poor and controversial referee that ended an Afcon match in the 85th minutes be allowed to participate in the World Cup?
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

felarey wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:20 pm

Great effort though.
He has played in forward positions for Canada though, left and right. But he looked better in first half and probably not fully fit.
Hmmmm I haven't seen him play much as a forward so I will reserve my judgement
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Wow Canada had 23 shots..and their expected goals doubled Belgium's....there are days everything goes in ..they were unlucky
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

De Bruyne. Humility. :clap:
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:12 pm

Cheers.
Chief, the point is that he always has an off day for Belgium
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

The YeyeMan wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 12:39 am
Bobo sabi wetin dey happun. :biggrin: