[WC 2022] Switzerland vs Cameroon(1-0) FT

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [WC 2022] Switzerland vs Cameroon(1-0)

Post by Coach »

GREENWHITEGREEN wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 1:09 pm
maceo4 wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 12:54 pm This Cam team is so frustrating, they are not even trying…
It looked like that because they had no idea how to do anything else. It looked like the Senegal game. The Ghana game will look like that, too. Heck, it looked like all the WC games we have watched together on CE over the last 20 years. Before the influx of African players to Europe and the rest of the world.
Playing football the pre-influx way today would be tantamount to suicide. Football has moved on considerably. The level of athleticism endorsed by those with lesser quality is simply beyond the level of interest of our players. Can anyone honestly say any African side would’ve expended the effort of Canada yesterday? The game has moved on from African football, both it’s old and new variant.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Coach wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 1:13 pm
maceo4 wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 12:54 pm This Cam team is so frustrating, they are not even trying…
It looked like that because they had no idea how to do anything else. It looked like the Senegal game. The Ghana game will look like that, too. Heck, it looked like all the WC games we have watched together on CE over the last 20 years. Before the influx of African players to Europe and the rest of the world.
Playing football the pre-influx way today would be tantamount to suicide. Football has moved on considerably. The level of athleticism endorsed by those with lesser quality is simply beyond the level of interest of our players. Can anyone honestly say any African side would’ve expended the effort of Canada yesterday? The game has moved on from African football, both it’s old and new variant.
Canada lost oga.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

I think Choupo-Moting will flourish more as a false 9 behind Aboubakar, he has that creativity in him and can pick a good pass every now and again...Rigobert Song should find a way of playing both players together.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

airwolex wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 1:12 pm
Coach wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 1:06 pm @BP, Nigeria’s absence affords Nigerians the opportunity to lambast the shambles of the continent’s representatives, all the while proclaiming, with zip zero substantiation, that Nigeria would’ve done better. Position of utmost privilege.

This tournament will highlight the absolute necessity of athleticism, fitness and conditioning. Sentiment and subjectivity aside, these are qualities that Nigeria doesn’t boast in abundance. Even the Cameroon side many had suggested would be hard body, tub thumpers, were easily bypassed by the Swiss and in the dying embers, relied on more last ditches than a bodies on the line Sam Allardyce side.

No chance.
We have all three in abundance. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

What we lack is a federation with a clue.
No we do not. Not at the level of others.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

I said it that Nigeria has the most talented individual players in Africa, we are just dis-organized in everything we do! let this be a lesson, African football has not improved, the likes of Tunisia and Morocco look organized in comparison, the west African sides do not have a chance, just hope Ghana can redeem Africa pride against Portugal later!
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

airwolex wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 1:14 pm
Canada lost oga.
As have Senegal, Cameroon, hopefully not Ghana. The question was, did any show the same level of commitment towards 3 points, even with defeat drawing ever nearer? The level of intensity needed to compete doesn’t exist within such parts of the continent. It’s simply not their way and yet a prerequisite for progression. If brainless lethargy continues to be the input, the output will remain much the same.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

When has Cameroon ever been good at the world cup? Mchewwww
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Coach wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 1:17 pm
airwolex wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 1:12 pm
Coach wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 1:06 pm @BP, Nigeria’s absence affords Nigerians the opportunity to lambast the shambles of the continent’s representatives, all the while proclaiming, with zip zero substantiation, that Nigeria would’ve done better. Position of utmost privilege.

This tournament will highlight the absolute necessity of athleticism, fitness and conditioning. Sentiment and subjectivity aside, these are qualities that Nigeria doesn’t boast in abundance. Even the Cameroon side many had suggested would be hard body, tub thumpers, were easily bypassed by the Swiss and in the dying embers, relied on more last ditches than a bodies on the line Sam Allardyce side.

No chance.
We have all three in abundance. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

What we lack is a federation with a clue.
No we do not. Not at the level of others.
I don't even understand. What level of athletism, fitness, and conditioning do Embolo, Xhaka and Shaquiri have over Osimhen, Iwobi, and Chukwueze? If anything I would say we are more athletic.

That is never our problem.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Coach wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 1:20 pm
Canada lost oga.
As have Senegal, Cameroon, hopefully not Ghana. The question was, did any show the same level of commitment towards 3 points, even with defeat drawing ever nearer? The level of intensity needed to compete doesn’t exist within such parts of the continent. It’s simply not their way and yet a prerequisite for progression. If brainless lethargy continues to be the input, the output will remain much the same.
Did you watch Senegal? They outran the Netherlands for the most part. The problems they had were in the little details and Mendy the Basket.
mblack
Egg
Egg

Post by mblack »

This was a very disappointing performance. Song literally gave the advantage to Switzerland by taking off two of his most lively and agressive players.

That game in my opinion needed another attacking midfielder because Cameroon was putting the center defenders under pressure especially the #4.

There was a big gap behind Choupo so another attacking midfielder could have used that space especially with how high Onana was playing (pushing the defense up and creating a “numerical” advantage on the field). That was the gap we could have exploited especially when they went a goal down.
Also, Mbuemo was the best thing they had that could play wide off the 18 with a few ocassional incuts.

The defenders had to account for him so they had to spread out thus giving Choupo space.
You take him off and all you get are errant crosses going from left to right from the wing backs. Crazy that even the basics eluded him.

I have no idea what Aboubakar offered. I saw at least two terrible errant passes from him plus the near penalty he almost gave up. He used to be fast and commanding in the air but he lost a step, is playing in a lower tier league and has been off for a while (he was training with a Cameroon first division team to stay fit)
Last edited by mblack on Thu Nov 24, 2022 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bring your life style to me I'll make it better. Murder Was The Case. Snoop Dogg, DoggStyle Nov 23, 1993
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

nothing to do with athletism, more to do with common sense! and application
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

we are just here to make up the numbers as usual, well that is world cup for you, a large spectacle! let the serious teams proceed

Marko
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

marko wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 1:19 pm I said it that Nigeria has the most talented individual players in Africa, we are just dis-organized in everything we do! let this be a lesson, African football has not improved, the likes of Tunisia and Morocco look organized in comparison, the west African sides do not have a chance, just hope Ghana can redeem Africa pride against Portugal later!
I keep saying Cameroon is garbage. It's not hate it's facts. Nigeria by far have better players than other African countries. It's corruption and incompetent that is holding us back.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Watched only the first half and it’s clear that it was a case of
failing to take their chances that doomed Cameroon.
This so called best Swiss team ever is laughable.
CAM had two gifts handed to them and they passed on them and that is the diff in the game.
They take those two chances early in the game and they could play off the counter and pick off Switzerland at will .
mblack
Egg
Egg

Post by mblack »

Tobi17 wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 1:16 pm I think Choupo-Moting will flourish more as a false 9 behind Aboubakar, he has that creativity in him and can pick a good pass every now and again...Rigobert Song should find a way of playing both players together.
That’s the Old Aboubakar. Mbuemo, Choupo and to some extent Ekambi (who has been struggling this year) need to play more. Aboubakar should stay a sub but not at the expense of the above. He needs to find a more direct midfielder and ditch the sideways passes from the final third.
There is a reason the team was better offensively with the three.

He has arguable one of the best in the world when you talk about keepers that are good with their feet. He needs to have Onana also play through the wing backs not just find the forwards. That way, Fai and Ntoulou can not only make crosses but play diagonal through balls to the attacking mids in quick transitions while the forwards hold the defense.

If they were more clinical they would have won the game in the first half.
Bring your life style to me I'll make it better. Murder Was The Case. Snoop Dogg, DoggStyle Nov 23, 1993
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

gosh wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 12:55 pm Cameroon concede cheap corner.
Swiss will be milking more time off the clock.

So the match you watched you saw the Swiss scoring from a corner kick?????
AreaDaddy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by AreaDaddy »

Cameroon has the upper hand in the 1st half, failed to take their chances. 2nd half, Swiss scored first and Cameroon lost shape and focus and from then on it was comfortable for the Swiss.
---
"Nobody seems to want to live in a democracy anymore. All they want is to live in a dictatorship that supports their point of view."
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Sleaky72 wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 1:32 pm Watched only the first half and it’s clear that it was a case of
failing to take their chances that doomed Cameroon.
This so called best Swiss team ever is laughable.
CAM had two gifts handed to them and they passed on them and that is the diff in the game.
They take those two chances early in the game and they could play off the counter and pick off Switzerland at will .
This Swiss team knocked out France in the Euros!! remember

Marko
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Canada lost oga.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
AndroMeda
Egg
Egg

Post by AndroMeda »

bret- hart wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 1:28 pm
marko wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 1:19 pm I said it that Nigeria has the most talented individual players in Africa, we are just dis-organized in everything we do! let this be a lesson, African football has not improved, the likes of Tunisia and Morocco look organized in comparison, the west African sides do not have a chance, just hope Ghana can redeem Africa pride against Portugal later!
I keep saying Cameroon is garbage. It's not hate it's facts. Nigeria by far have better players than other African countries. It's corruption and incompetent that is holding us back.
Are we talking about the same Nigerian team that recently played against Portugal?
I'm honestly struggling to see where these so called better players are.
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

Guys, this result was expected! When was the last time Cameroon won a game at the World cup again?
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Undertaker wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 1:38 pm Guys, this result was expected! When was the last time Cameroon won a game at the World cup again?
20 year ago vis Saudi Arabia and it was by 1 goal

SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Iwobi, Simon, Ndidi, Osimhen, Bassey,Aina, Balogun, Dennis,Etebo, lookman, ihenacho, Awoniyi, Aribo, Chukwueze, Success, Ejuke, Onuachu, Amoo, Ighalo! talent! and they are sitting at home watching this rubbish

Marko