Africa should be allowed to consolidate at WC

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

packerland
Egg
Egg
Re: Africa should be allowed to consolidate at WC

Post by packerland »

bushboy wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:34 pm
waka-man wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:28 pm
bushboy wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 8:19 pm ^^^
They have zero wins bro! I don't understand the chest beating.

I would rather see Africa do well as a whole rather than individual countries humbled. I don't think I mentioned Nigeria even once. You're the one who is making my post about Naija, not me.
No one is beating chests. We’re simply telling you that the three games played by africa so far don’t provide any factual basis for your assertions.
They have ZERO wins is as FACTUAL as it gets.
North America will have 0 wins if Canada loses this match and that’s a fact.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

packerland wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:40 pm

I would rather see Africa do well as a whole rather than individual countries humbled. I don't think I mentioned Nigeria even once. You're the one who is making my post about Naija, not me.
No one is beating chests. We’re simply telling you that the three games played by africa so far don’t provide any factual basis for your assertions.
North America will have 0 wins if Canada loses this match and that’s a fact.
Your point is? I'm talking about Africa.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

After three games. They will play a minimum of 15. There is such a thing as coming too soon. Be patient lad, get some decent stats before analysing.

Apart from Ecuador who got to the play the great Qatar, non of the Americas have won either... One of them lost to Saudi Arabia and another shipped 7 goals without response. Are you about the propose the same for the Americas, maybe a team of Pulisic, Messi and Ochoa?

Give it a rest.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Enugu II wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:43 pm The 2026 World Cup for starters will see 8. African teams for starters and a possible 9th team qualifying from a playoff. It certainly will not be five teams as discussed here.
9 and a possible 10
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 5:12 am
Enugu II wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:43 pm The 2026 World Cup for starters will see 8. African teams for starters and a possible 9th team qualifying from a playoff. It certainly will not be five teams as discussed here.
9 and a possible 10
Correct! It is 9 or possibly 10.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

Hmmmm....
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

bushboy wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:55 pm Instead of having 5 different African countries compete at the world cup, they should just have 5 teams of African players. They can be called Africa 1, Africa 2 etc...

The teams will be made of all eligible African players regardless of nationality. In other words, 5 African super teams.

This is the only way we can compete. As individual nations, we are just not good enough.
Special needs for Africans :rotf: :clap:
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

bushboy wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:09 pmHmmmm....
Hmm what? Just confess that you started this your genius innovation because Nigeria didn’t make it to the WC.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Bushboy,

Let's see the end of the first round before reaching conclusions. Granted it isn't looking good so far even for Argentina, but there are two more rounds of games left before going to the next stage.
Last edited by Enugu II on Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

No thank you. Work hard and improve your team when you fail. Looking for an easy way out is trash.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

what a very daft and unintelligent thread. I wonder if Africa has a passport.. this is like those ignorant folks who states Africa is a country ..pathetic
SuperEagles

waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

:bump:
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Definitely think this is a good suggestion, just not for Africans, but for North America - Mexico, Canada and USA should field one team in the future.
Vindave
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Vindave »

FIFA World Cup is a football tournament meant only for countries that qualified. Is world football festival of the best. Come show your style of football against other countries. A day is coming when an African team will be crowned 👑. Gradually we are getting there.... Maybe you (Bushboy) is trying to suggest to FIFA that they should organize FIFA Intercontinental football tournament where each continents will be asked to gather their Stars (All-star) for a world football challenge...

I wonder which country in a continent that wins the cup will keep it.😁
e de sweet me o! ga gaa!
e de paini you o! ga gaa!!
e sweet me o ga gaa, ga gaa!!
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Umm… not looking so bad now.
Certainly doing better than the Americans and the Asians.
Field Marshall Ogolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Field Marshall Ogolo »

bushboy wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 9:55 pm Instead of having 5 different African countries compete at the world cup, they should just have 5 teams of African players. They can be called Africa 1, Africa 2 etc...

The teams will be made of all eligible African players regardless of nationality. In other words, 5 African super teams.

This is the only way we can compete. As individual nations, we are just not good enough.
This is a defeatist attitude tho.
Kuku Ngbendu Wa Za Banga
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

You were saying…
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

this is a very daft thread
SuperEagles

waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Has anyone seen Bushboy? He’s oddly not around.

Maybe because Morocco has won the group that includes two of the semi-finalise from the last WC?

Maybe Belgium and Denmark should not play individually anymore; or maybe because they are Oyinbo doesn’t count.

Meanwhile, Mexico gone home, Canada no points, US sneaking through. I still think N America is the region that should just come as a combined team.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

waka-man wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:05 pm Has anyone seen Bushboy? He’s oddly not around.

Maybe because Morocco has won the group that includes two of the semi-finalise from the last WC?

Maybe Belgium and Denmark should not play individually anymore; or maybe because they are Oyinbo doesn’t count.

Meanwhile, Mexico gone home, Canada no points, US sneaking through. I still think N America is the region that should just come as a combined team.
waka-man,

Why rain on Bushboy's parade? There are several persons on this CE who believe that African football is the pits despite signs all along about the ability of these nations to compete, in spite of the ridiculous FIFA rating system which disadvantages any nation that is not in Europe and South America.,
Last edited by Enugu II on Thu Dec 01, 2022 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

This thread is just too daft ..kai
SuperEagles

TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

Enugu II wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:22 pm
waka-man wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:05 pm Has anyone seen Bushboy? He’s oddly not around.

waka-man,

Why rain on Bushboy's parade? There are several persons on this CE who believe that African football is the pits despite signs all along about the ability of these nations to compete, in spite of the ridiculous FOFA rating system which disadvantages any nation that is not in Europe and South America.,
EII,

In another thread, I emphasized how FIFA is t an organization that's committed to fairness. Colombia, which did not make the World Cup is ranked 17 th, above Senegal. Iran is ranked above Morocco at 20th. South Korea is ranked above Tunisia, Ghana and Cameroon at 28th. Yes indeed, the FIFA rankings are a huge joke❗️

Cheers.
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Whatever happened to Bushboy?

Africa is having its best ever World Cup and slaying European giants while the Asians and the North American, as well as some of the best teams in Europe and South America have headed home.

Please come and defend yourself bro. It’s ok to be wrong, but you can’t avoid a thread you started, can you?