Ghana 0 - Uruguay 2 Portugal 1- Korea thread 2 2nd half

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

SylverEagles
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: Ghana 0 - Uruguay 2 Portugal 1- Korea thread 1

Post by SylverEagles »

danfo driver wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:45 pm
Cellular wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:39 pm 2 goal lead, the worst lead to have in football.

Ghana just needs not to concede any more goals and keep playing...
Uncle could you explain this? I know people say this all the time, but what does it mean?
What I think it meas is that when you are leading 1 - 0, you are on your toes because the next goal for your opponent ties it but at 2 - 0 you get a false sense of security that quickly evaporates once it goes to 2 - 1. I am not sure but I think statistically 2 - 0 leads are lost than 1 - 0 leads.
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Ghana need an early goal in the 2nd half, that is if Uruguay dont score more
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

SylverEagles wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:51 pm
Cellular wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:39 pm 2 goal lead, the worst lead to have in football.

Uncle could you explain this? I know people say this all the time, but what does it mean?
What I think it meas is that when you are leading 1 - 0, you are on your toes because the next goal for your opponent ties it but at 2 - 0 you get a false sense of security that quickly evaporates once it goes to 2 - 1. I am not sure but I think statistically 2 - 0 leads are lost than 1 - 0 leads.
Kpom!
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

airwolex wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:48 pm
Tobi17 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:47 pm Too much emotions in this game
Ghana got themselves too riled up for the game and played themselves into Uruguayan hands. This is the kind of game they like
Yep, ...and South African shenanigans will kill the Black Stars' spirits in the end.
We just never learn our lessons in this game.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Ghana 0 - Uruguay 2 Portugal 1- Korea thread 0

Post by danfo driver »

txj wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:49 pm
danfo driver wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:47 pm
packerland wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:39 pm
YUJAM wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:37 pm Baba Rahman is a disaster at LB. The dread that played vs Korea is far better.
Injury has ruined a once promising career. I'm surprised he made the team. Tells you Ghana are not producing quality local players like us. Ghana once had a Frank Amankwa.
They are! Lets stop using a coach's decision to assume whats going on in the larger sense. If a coach wants to rely on Baba Rahman, who, for more than 6 years, after he failed at Chelsea, everyone knows what he brings, and the coach doesnt want to spend time looking around for available alternatives, whose fault is that? To be fair to the present Ghana coach, he just joined them some months ago and not much chance to check around.

What are his options though? Not much..

But he should be adjusting that shape in MF
I dont know. He had months to decide what his options will be. 9 months! if someone phucked a woman on the day Ghana qualified for the world cup, the woman would have given birth already -- thats enough time for him to determine what his strategy will be or whether he wanted to go in with Baba Rahman. He decided the latter.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Field Marshall Ogolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Field Marshall Ogolo »

txj wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:46 pm Ghana need to be smart to the shithousery or they will go a man down.
Too many unnecessary fouls
Ghana does not look ready especially in the defense! How on earth did they beat Nigeria?
Kuku Ngbendu Wa Za Banga
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Uruguay are looking for cheap penalties as well, just pathetic
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Penalty for Uruguay in my book.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

I really can't stand these guys who do unnecessary theatrics trying to get someone sent off.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Field Marshall Ogolo wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:53 pm
txj wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:46 pm Ghana need to be smart to the shithousery or they will go a man down.
Too many unnecessary fouls
Ghana does not look ready especially in the defense! How on earth did they beat Nigeria?
cause Nigeria is worse than Ghana!

Marko
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

2nd half Ghana should make up their mind! go out with pride, fight like lions, score at least 1 goal

Marko
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

I got my laughing thread warming up
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

airwolex wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:48 pm
Ghana got themselves too riled up for the game and played themselves into Uruguayan hands. This is the kind of game they like
Yeah, very true especially for a South American team full of 'ojoros'
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Cellular wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:51 pm

Danfo, it is about (psychological) MOMENTUM. For some reason when you are up 2-0 you think you are cruising... and when the opponent scores one, there's panic and the other side also ratchets things up... the proverbial MOMENTUM comes into play... it seems that the team in ascendance can't put a foot wrong, the ball bounces your way... and for the other team, the opposite happens.

But when you are holding onto a one goal lead there's a sense of urgency and discipline.

I believe there's been academic articles written about such a phenomenon... real or imagined.

I hear you and I dont fully disagree with you. I have heard your argument before and it has merits.

What I will say though is that it is relative. Same was some teams have discipline and urgency at 1-0, some teams are a complete panic at 1-0. They make mistakes because they are not settled/calm and are overthinking preserving the 1-0. Thats why many teams who part the bus concede late goals. On the other hand, a 2-0 lead gives you balance and calmness. You are able to relax your nerves and think more... and clearer. And as you know, for me, football is all about mind -- intelligence.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Is it me, or forcing keeper to stay on the line before a ball is kicked on a penalty is actually resulting in more saves. Looks like penalty takers are over thinking things.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

SylverEagles wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:51 pm

I responded to Uncle Cell.

I think the rationale is over-applied.
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

marko wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:55 pm 2nd half Ghana should make up their mind! go out with pride, fight like lions, score at least 1 goal
For starters, I will take out that useless Ayew number 10 and bring on another
creative and selfless midfielder.

― Chris Hedges
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Ghana 0 - Uruguay 2 Portugal 1- Korea thread 1 Half time

Post by marko »

I already fear for Senegal this weekend! just watching Ghana, can they offer anything different to Ghana? i hope so, Cameroon later? what will happen? just 2 African team making it to the next round??
Last edited by marko on Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Marko
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

bret- hart wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:56 pm I got my laughing thread warming up
Why bro? A win and advancement for Ghana is a victory for all Africans, let's be real
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

airwolex wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:56 pm Is it me, or forcing keeper to stay on the line before a ball is kicked on a penalty is actually resulting in more saves. Looks like penalty takers are over thinking things.
They are def overthinking things with the stutter step run up trying to get the keeper to commit.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

uglyoneiamagain wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:51 pm
airwolex wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:40 pm They were way too emotional for this game. They should have set up differently tactically. Plus all this yeye talk about avenging againat Suarez smh
Yeah all that get revenge game was a distraction. They didn’t need that kind of motivation which was more or less unnecessary pressure. Not too late though if they can get their mind right.
:D
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Field Marshall Ogolo wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:49 pm
I wish Kenya played soccer at this level. We would never do this to Africa on a world stage!
:lol:
WADA: Doping in Kenya
https://www.wada-ama.org/sites/default/ ... 003%29.pdf
Last edited by Kabalega on Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

marko wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:54 pm Uruguay are looking for cheap penalties as well, just pathetic
For Ghana, yes! For Uruguay, INTELLIGENT!

Continue to be the choir boy! this is why you Africans cannot win at top level. Always trying to be the holy ghost and blessed and "oh! I dont cheat!" "Oh! look at me, I am nice! I help my opponent" "oh! oh! Oh!" continue :oops: :roll: