Morocco - Best African team ever.

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Morocco - Best African team ever.

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

There's no doubt about that. Those of us in the southern part of Africa have never produced anything close. They can win this thing!
OCCUPY NFF!!
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: Morocco - Best African team ever.

Post by YUJAM »

No. They aren’t. They’ve done well but saying they are the best team ever is hyperbole.
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Cameroun 90 is 2nd
OCCUPY NFF!!
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Nigeria actually produced the best African team ever - even the bench was star studded and couldn’t even get a foot in
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Best ever and they proved it in the pitch!
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

jette1 wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 6:33 pm Nigeria actually produced the best African team ever - even the bench was star studded and couldn’t even get a foot in
Unfortunately, trams are measured by the results they produce not what they have on paper or sitting on the bench. Nigeria has never even won a game in the knockout stage of the WC.
OCCUPY NFF!!
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

maceo4 wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 6:35 pm Best ever and they proved it in the pitch!
Yup! Not on the internet. :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
hestonap
Egg
Egg

Post by hestonap »

At the WC, it's not even close.

People, they got to the semis conceding only one goal which was an only goal.

Top notch performance dispatching teams like Spain, Portugal and Belgium while at it.

I am a Nigerian, loved our 1994 squad and followed that team right from the core from 1988 to when they made their WC debut. They were not as tactically disciplined as this Moroccan side and the result bear witness.

I don't know about the severity of the injuries to key players, but goodness I hope they have 2 more wins in stock.

Nigeria - watch and learn.
God bless and keep Nigeria and make his face shine on her undeserving as she may be.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 5:57 pm There's no doubt about that. Those of us in the southern part of Africa have never produced anything close. They can win this thing!
They are the MOST successful African Team at this WC. No more no less.

They should win the AFCON to be the best AFRICAN team :taunt:
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
hestonap
Egg
Egg

Post by hestonap »

YUJAM wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 6:07 pm No. They aren’t. They’ve done well but saying they are the best team ever is hyperbole.
uncle,

I know you love for African football, teams etc, in your opinion which was and is the best ever African side. I truly am interested in your opinion and why you think they are better than this Moroccan side.

I speak as a Nigerian and with all my biases. In my opinion and as much as it pains me to admit it, at the WC level the Ghanians, Senegalese and Cameroonians have achieved better than we have and now the Moroccans have surpassed them all taking this stuff to a different level.

So pray brother, seriously, which is the best African side in your opinion?
God bless and keep Nigeria and make his face shine on her undeserving as she may be.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Best African team ever by a mile.

They are at the semis and coached by a shon of the shoil.

Kudos.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

hestonap wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 6:42 pm
YUJAM wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 6:07 pm No. They aren’t. They’ve done well but saying they are the best team ever is hyperbole.
uncle,

I know you love for African football, teams etc, in your opinion which was and is the best ever African side. I truly am interested in your opinion and why you think they are better than this Moroccan side.

I speak as a Nigerian and with all my biases. In my opinion and as much as it pains me to admit it, the Ghanians, Senegalese and Cameroonians have achieved better than we have and now the Moroccans have surpassed them all taking this stuff to a different level.

what you wrote is pure rubbish. South Korea made the last 4 in 2002, they have only 2 AFC championship. Morocco last won a championship in 1972 or 76. They've not won anything yet. This Moroccan team will not even defeat Egypt, talk less of the SE

most CAF teams do match up very well with European teams.. so give us a break with this your bandwagoner.. Bulgaria made the last 4 and got spanked badly in the semis

What you should talk about is how good their coach is instead of talking down great CAF teams like Nigeria, Senegal, Cameroon , Algeria,and even that yeye ghana ..... who've all made the second round and the Q-finals losing by PKs and every loss was in ET
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Nigeria 1994 was an awesome team. We won the Afcon and did okay at the WC. That said this is some historic sheet and it isn't over
hestonap
Egg
Egg

Post by hestonap »

:boo:
Bigpokey24 wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 6:46 pm
uncle,

I speak as a Nigerian and with all my biases. In my opinion and as much as it pains me to admit it, the Ghanians, Senegalese and Cameroonians have achieved better than we have and now the Moroccans have surpassed them all taking this stuff to a different level.

what you wrote is pure rubbish. South Korea made the last 4 in 2002, they have only 2 AFC championship. Morocco last won a championship in 1972 or 76. They've not won anything yet. This Moroccan team will not even defeat Egypt, talk less of the SE

most CAF teams do match up very well with European teams.. so give us a break with this your bandwagoner.. Bulgaria made the last 4 and got spanked badly in the semis

What you should talk about is how good their coach is instead of talking down great CAF teams like Nigeria, Senegal, Cameroon , Algeria,and even that yeye ghana ..... who've all made the second round and the Q-finals losing by PKs and every loss was in ET
When you string your response with thoughtful comments, I'll be bothered to engage you. I don't do insults.
Goalgetter
Egg
Egg

Post by Goalgetter »

They are the best CAF team ever. It’s SIMPLE. Please don’t mention useless Nigerian teams in the same sentence as this Morocco. No Nigerian team in History has shown 50% of the discipline on display from this Morocco. NONE. All CAF teams need to take a lesson from this Moroccan team. They would have won today by 3-0 if not for some very atrocious finishing. So happy 1-0 was still enough to clinch the semi.
Are you saying that things you do not know, do not exist, just because you do not know that they exist?
Goalgetter
Egg
Egg

Post by Goalgetter »

hestonap wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 6:50 pm :boo:
uncle,

When you string your response with thoughtful comments, I'll be bothered to engage you. I don't do insults.
Not the same Morocco 🇲🇦 at the last AFCON. New coach, new mentality and belief, new players (Ziyech and Boufal)! This Morocco with their defense can win this World Cup.
Are you saying that things you do not know, do not exist, just because you do not know that they exist?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

hestonap wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 6:50 pm :boo:
uncle,

whatever, you got called out because what you wrote was pure rubbish . so because you saw a team park the bus to make a WC semis we no go hear word again.. Turkey has made the semis, Bulgaria has made the semis, South Korea has made the semis , even common USA made the semis back in the 50s. some of you are just follow follow , similar to fowl wey breeze dey blow yansh
SuperEagles

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

airwolex wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 6:49 pm Nigeria 1994 was an awesome team. We won the Afcon and did okay at the WC. That said this is some historic sheet and it isn't over
Exactly, this is how it is supposed to be said...if not for teams like Cameroon, CAF won't have had 3 spots, if not for Nigeria CAF won't have had 5 spots.. instead of them saying wow CAF football is really up there, these jokers here are beating down other teams who've made it to the world cup . This is why they keep yabbing CAF football, saying oh nah only one good team dey there

why can't CAF have 4 teams in the Semis, Cameroon and Nigeria won back to back Olympics.. etc.. there are many very good teams in Africa, who would even do better than Morocco .
yes this is historic and i am very happy for Morocco , but make we no dey hear rubbish comments from some hurt Nigerians because the SE has been rubbish since **** took over
SuperEagles

hestonap
Egg
Egg

Post by hestonap »

airwolex wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 6:49 pm Nigeria 1994 was an awesome team. We won the Afcon and did okay at the WC. That said this is some historic sheet and it isn't over
No doubt,

I still believe we underachieved and it was primarily an issue of too many egos and indiscipline.

I remain a big fan of Stephen Keshi, but to those who followed that team, his influence alongside a number of others was not as positive as it ought to have been.

You may recall the controversy about Chidi Nwanu's call up in the build up to the WC, the allegations about certain players not wanting to pass to Yekini.

The big controversy about changing hotels before the Italy match.

That team/squad had all it took on the talent level to go all the way but like many things Nigeria, we shot ourselves in the foot with our off field antics.

You know something in life my brother, opportunities truly favour the prepared and they do not come by as easily as we'd like to believe.

We are almost 30 years and we are yet to build a squad of players of that calibre. Meanwhile our 2014 team matched the same 1994 Eagles achievements with arguably less profiled players.

To answer the comment, on the WC stage, this is the best African team - Morocco. Let's not do what the English do and downplay the achievements of others while overplaying their own..its 2022 and dem no go let us hear about 1966 - which is the reason I hope they lose tonight or at the very least not win this things. I digress.

Cameroon of 1990 could argue they are the best African side of 'all time' - they won the AFCON 2 years before their Italian 90 antics. They did crash out if I recall correctly at the first round in Algiers.

Why am I impressed by the Moroccans so far, a goal conceded en route the semis (Nigeria by the 2nd round in 94 and 98 had conceded 4 goals). The Cameroonians had done the same by the time they got to the 2nd round/quarters, the Ghanians and Camroonians were not that far of either.

Unlike an earlier comment in response to my comments, some of us have followed African football for a very long time and are not just bandwagonners, this is a very impressive Moroccan side.

Will they repeat this stuff at AFCCON, the records indicate they are less likely to to. Only Cameroon in 1984 and Algeria in 2019 have won the AFCON after a creditable WC showing earlier. Even the great Algerian side of the earlier 1980s had to wait until 1990 before they could win it.

Granted we were not able to defend our title in 96, so that skews the statistics.

The one thing I know as a Nigerian is, if we achieved what the Moroccans have at the WC, many Nigerian fans will spin it like ' we are not local champions'.

Our best at this stage has been eclipsed by others and our best at the African continent does not match those of the Cameroonians or Egyptians or even the bloody midgets granted they last won anything before Betamax but I digress.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

Morocco has surpassed anything in African football, so organised and disciplines, they did not give Spain, Portugal a sniff, they were reduced to pot shots and trial and error, if I was the Portuguese coach, I would told them in the 2nd half to allow Morocco on the ball and hit them on the break
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

I very much respect your views and knowledge and as a friend...but I am ready to conclude Morocco is the best African side ever.

:)

A WV semifinal speaks volumes, no sugar coating. I am sure we will revisit this discussion a lot...but really quickly: who could possibly have been better?

:?:
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

marko wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 7:19 pm Morocco has surpassed anything in African football, so organised and disciplines, they did not give Spain, Portugal a sniff, they were reduced to pot shots and trial and error, if I was the Portuguese coach, I would told them in the 2nd half to allow Morocco on the ball and hit them on the break
100% agree.

Quantity, quality, achievement.

Plus, to my eye test, the Morocco Atlas Lions are the real deal.

They will give any team in the final a torrid time. They are capable of going to the final.
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Yes, they are!

... and they have sent a clear message to Africa. It is doable. Giants lule back to back.
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *