'Croatia will lay on a WORLD OF HURT vs Brazil!'

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

mate
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 'Croatia will lay on a WORLD OF HURT vs Brazil!'

Post by mate »

Man Ataye wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:39 pm
Tbite wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 3:27 am Croatia are toast.

They have no chance against Brazil. They might as well start packing their bags. Croatia booms and bursts in cycles...they are not a team that sustains. They are at the END of a cycle. They have to wait for the next one.

The team have already outdone themselves by making it this far. I think they got a bit lucky to have got to this stage, but luck can only take you so far.

And I don't think Brazil are in the mood to be dishing out luck.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
FAMOUS LAST WORDZ

Get his azz in here!

Or else I'll drag him in here!

:rotf:

Come on Tbite. It's okay.

You can now root for Croatia the rest of the way.

:taunt:
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Coach wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 10:41 am Far from a foregone conclusion. Brazil were almost 4-2-4 vs the Swiss, with the front quartet not doing the most defensively, it could be argued they didn't need to. The Grand Old Hadjukes of Split, will do just that to the centre field if such brazen disregard for Mazi Modric is employed.

The Croats will be dogged in defence and refined in possession, this should be Brazil's first real test.
Midfield won and all trade routes as far as the Silk Road. Marco…Polo. Marco…Polo.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

I don't know about the midfield winning. The Croatian keeper was the MOM in the game as he was in the previous game against Japan.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Yes, Dominick Live and let fly pulled off a few stops, not sure how many were aimed in the corners, but nevertheless, he made saves. At no point in the game did Brazil own the midfield. And through the midfield came their shuttle to the departure lounge. Good riddance.
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

airwolex wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 7:43 am I don't know about the midfield winning. The Croatian keeper was the MOM in the game as he was in the previous game against Japan.

Croatia had 52% to 48% of possession and bossed Brazil a lot during this. Shots obfuscate this, as we have no quality forwards.

When does anybody boss Brazil in the middle like we did? I'm not bragging, but we put a serious squeeze on a rightfully ranked #1 and hot favorite jogo bonito Brazil. And broke up most of their quick passing combos through the middle, forcing them to go on he flanks into speedy Juranovic and Sosa.

No doubt Livakovic made those crucial saves.

But for me, the midfield indeed is where we won the whole match. Brazil played the game on our terms. Making it a midfield endeavor, as they didn't bomb us like they did Serbia and South Korea.

I think our midfield imposed those terms.
Mr. Piffington
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Mr. Piffington »

The CE jinx strikes again.
This post was made by Appitti who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by bully12 who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by COOKING SPOON who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by danfo driver who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by muzines who is currently on your ignore list.
This post was made by ohenhen1 who is currently on your ignore list.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Landlord increasing rent by the minute, inevitably, Brazil, shy of coin, would leave the door ajar, front and bedroom.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

mate wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 8:16 am
airwolex wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 7:43 am I don't know about the midfield winning. The Croatian keeper was the MOM in the game as he was in the previous game against Japan.

Croatia had 52% to 48% of possession and bossed Brazil a lot during this. Shots obfuscate this, as we have no quality forwards.

When does anybody boss Brazil in the middle like we did? I'm not bragging, but we put a serious squeeze on a rightfully ranked #1 and hot favorite jogo bonito Brazil. And broke up most of their quick passing combos through the middle, forcing them to go on he flanks into speedy Juranovic and Sosa.

But for me, the midfield indeed is where we won the whole match. Brazil played the game on our terms. Making it a midfield endeavor, as they didn't bomb us like they did Serbia and South Korea.

Most of the possession was in your half. You only had one shot at goal and your goalie made the most saves a Croatian goalie has ever had in the WC. At no time did you boss the game.

You executed your game plan well but this was a case of Brazil being unlucky.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

airwolex wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 11:51 am

Most of the possession was in your half. You only had one shot at goal and your goalie made the most saves a Croatian goalie has ever had in the WC. At no time did you boss the game.

Unlucky? How? They were expecting a basket goalkeeper?

Brazil played the game Croatia wanted. Croatia played to its strength. Don't think it is LUCK. This is hard work, dedication and organisation.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
tayuma
Egg
Egg

Post by tayuma »

Tbite wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 5:40 am Nobody is disrespecting the 2nd place finish. The point is you peaked in 2018 and you will not come anywhere near that placing for some time. Your team is a mixture of the old cycle and the new wave that are yet to come fully into their element. Gvadiol is 20 years old. Nobody is disputing that Croatia will roar again, but it certainly won't be happening this World Cup.

Your footballing performance has been trash (that is the luck element), how you managed to make it this far is beyond me. Even in the build up to the World Cup, your performances have been trash. Don't get me wrong, I even made money FROM croatia, see my post in other sports in the Adesanya thread, but you have a lot of tired legs.

Your best performances were in the Nations League, but even those were not as consistent as it would seem, your best results were against France, but your worst results also against France, largely you faced weak teams in Europe, and have struggled especially in the past 6 months.

Brazil will make easy work of Croatia, forget the upsets during this world cup, no such thing will happen against Brazil. What really helped you against Japan was your experience. I am tempted to make a lot of money from Brazil, but the only thing I am hesitating is whether they can do it in the 90. I expect them to win in 90, but there is a small margin for error during this stage of the tournament, where teams become grittier. That is my only concern.

There will be no miracle sorry Mate (pun intended, we aussies always say mate).

I think realistically we have France, Brazil, Portugal as the three to win this, then Argentina as outsiders, England (if they can truly believe in themselves), Netherlands as distant dark horses, and finally Croatia as a long long long shot, Switzerland should start packing their bags ASAP. For me an upset will be Argentina and England doing well. THAT is the miracle. The miracle won't be Switzerland or Croatia doing well. And I am hoping for Argentina to go far into the tournament, for Messi's sake.
Crotian's are no mug..... :o :cry:
last wc semi-finalist and another semi-final. :thumbs:
[img]May%20you%20live%20as%20long%20as%20you%20want%20-%20May%20you%20love%20as%20long%20as%20you%20live%20and%20may%20you%20love%20for%20others%20that%20which%20you%20love%20for%20yourself[/img]
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

I'm talking about the game played yesterday.

Sit back and let us show you how it's done.

mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

wanaj0 wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 2:50 pm

Brazil played the game Croatia wanted. Croatia played to its strength. Don't think it is LUCK. This is hard work, dedication and organisation.

I move on with such blatantly wrong perceptions of reality. Some people insist their team is bringing it home in every competition. And when it doesn't...let them have their dreams.

:)
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

KPOM!

This is EXACTLY what happened.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

The argument is whether Croatia bossed the game or not, and they did not. Again the Mom was the goalie who made 11 saves to Allisons 0. Possessing the ball in your half is not bossing the game, and yes....you need luck to win the WC. Croatia has been extremely lucky...against Belgium, Japan and npw Brazil.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

There is a whole lot of luck in football boss. Anyway that is not even my argument. It is this so called bossing Brazil that makes me laugh. Just look at the stats.

Even the possession stats according to Espn was 50/50. In all other areas Brazil dominated, but we all know football is a funny ole sport.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

airwolex wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 5:14 pm

There is a whole lot of luck in football boss. Anyway that is not even my argument. It is this so called bossing Brazil that makes me laugh. Just look at the stats.

Even the possession stats according to Espn was 50/50. In all other areas Brazil dominated, but we all know football is a funny ole sport.
Most important metric is goal scored and goal conceded.

You can have 99% possession and lose and it will NOT be because of LUCK.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

You need luck at some stage to win the WC. Brazil were unlucky. Croatia have been hella lucky. Doesn't mean they are not a good team
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

airwolex wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 6:09 pm You need luck at some stage to win the WC. Brazil were unlucky. Croatia have been hella lucky. Doesn't mean they are not a good team

You remain dead wrong.

But it's all good.

I enjoy Croatia and, now, Morocco enjoying the luck.

wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

airwolex wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 6:09 pm You need luck at some stage to win the WC. Brazil were unlucky. Croatia have been hella lucky. Doesn't mean they are not a good team
If Brazil had won, would you say they were lucky?

Was France lucky to defeat Australia 4-1?

Was Brazil lucky to defeat South Korea 4-1?

Was Portugal lucky to defeat Switzerland 6-1?
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Fair enough. I guess we see things differently. My personal opinion is that Brazil are a victim of their success and are not judged by normal standards. This is why a lot of people are saying Croatia out thought and outplayed them. In my opinion nothing could be further from the truth. They played as well as they could against strong opponents and did not get any breaks.
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

airwolex wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 7:07 pm Fair enough. I guess we see things differently. My personal opinion is that Brazil are a victim of their success and are not judged by normal standards. This is why a lot of people are saying Croatia out thought and outplayed them. In my opinion nothing could be further from the truth. They played as well as they could against strong opponents and did not get any breaks.
Ok, let me try to be more specific.

I too hate to say Croatia outplayed Brazil.

We played them evenly overall and basically forced them to play a game conducive to our strengths.

Our attack sucks. Theirs is the best. So we needed to make it a midfield fight, forcing them to the wings rather than slicing up the middle...to give us the best chance of an upset. Riding some luck in all this.

We upset them. 3 of 5 they beat us.

Finally, would you agree that of all the. Brazilian opponents, Croatia played their A team the best...with due respects to the Cameroon win?
GG of G
Egg
Egg

Post by GG of G »

It is clear some don't really know their football - Croatia was the better team on the night and dancing Jogo Bonito alone bossing a game does not qualify. If Brazil had won, that for me would have been luck. Both teams play well but one played the game it wanted and received the result it deserve and that ladies and gentlemen is football. Does Luck play a role? Yes from time to time, but on this occasion - no, planning and execution was the sole determinant of the result.
"Do not be Misled. God is not one to be mocked. Whatever a man is sowing, this he will also reap." Gal 6:7
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Lol how can Croatia have been the better team? Some of you football guys take yourselves way too seriously. Brazil 21 shots 11 on target. Croatia 9 shots 1 on target.

It is not even that bug of a deal, in football the better team loses quite often...it is the nature of the sport.

I can agree with Mate that Croatia played to their strengths but I disagree that it was even. This is not about Jogo Bonito...this are the stats. bye on this thread...make i go watch match
Last edited by airwolex on Sat Dec 10, 2022 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.