[WC 2022 QF #4] ENGLAND 1(Kane) FRANCE 2 (Tchouameni, Giroud) FT France through to the semis

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [WC 2022 QF #4] ENGLAND 1(Kane) FRANCE 2 (Tchouameni, Giroud)

Post by Comrade Machel »

ohsee wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 6:18 am
smallpikin wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 4:44 am It’s only a game......
Chief, a billion dollar business, and a source of immense national pride and happiness, is not "only a game." Perhaps it is to you, but if most Africans think like this, it explains why our football is where it is. Ask the French what they have invested into creating the infrastructure for winning two World Cups and one Euro in 20 years. Ask Mbappe to describe the prodigious physical, temporal and mental investments it takes to become the best in the world. I assure you, whatever you do for a living in your life, it would not come anywhere close. It is not "only a game" my friend.
Finish and klaar. Very well said oga :clap: :clap: :thumbs:

.Nothing more to add except in the words of the legendary great man who I quote below

"Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that"- Bill Shankly
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [WC 2022 QF #4] ENGLAND 0 FRANCE 1 (Tchouameni)

Post by Comrade Machel »

danfo driver wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 12:55 am He can do whatever he likes, his face like a road-side corn seller. For the decision he took, he is a cvnnt and will NEVER win a trophy at International level. Mark my words.
marko wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 10:55 pm
green4life wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 10:41 pm
gosh wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 8:38 pm Saka has really impressed for England in this game.
His best England game. I was surprised that Southgate removed him (unless he was injured). France had no answer to the bobo. :clap:
his game got the French confused, he would have got more free kicks in dangerous positions, Southgate should have taken off Foden who was ineffective today, Saka was the danger man today
Lmao :rotf:
My mom who doesnt like football but was watching the game with us kept commenting on the dudes looks every time the camera was on him
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg
Re: [WC 2022 QF #4] ENGLAND 1(Kane) FRANCE 2 (Tchouameni, Giroud) FT France through to the semis

Post by Sleaky72 »

:taunt:

:taunt:

Coach,

Guess the game didn’t read like Waterloo,
But more like “a bridge too far”
hestonap
Egg
Egg
Re: [WC 2022 QF #4] ENGLAND 1(Kane) FRANCE 2 (Tchouameni, Giroud) FT France through to the semis

Post by hestonap »

England WC victories since 2006.

Tunisia
Panama
Columbia
Sweden
Slovenia
Paraguay
Trinidad
Ecuador
Iran
Wales
Senegal
God bless and keep Nigeria and make his face shine on her undeserving as she may be.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Comrade Machel wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 12:39 pm
danfo driver wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 12:55 am He can do whatever he likes, his face like a road-side corn seller. For the decision he took, he is a cvnnt and will NEVER win a trophy at International level. Mark my words.
marko wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 10:55 pm
green4life wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 10:41 pm
gosh wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 8:38 pm Saka has really impressed for England in this game.
His best England game. I was surprised that Southgate removed him (unless he was injured). France had no answer to the bobo. :clap:
his game got the French confused, he would have got more free kicks in dangerous positions, Southgate should have taken off Foden who was ineffective today, Saka was the danger man today
Lmao :rotf:
My mom who doesnt like football but was watching the game with us kept commenting on the dudes looks every time the camera was on him
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
mblack
Egg
Egg

Post by mblack »

wanaj0 wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 5:32 am
AreaDaddy wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 9:54 pm I am beginning to think Morocco can go all the way
They will need their defenders and captain back! They need their first team.
Yeah. I also think Morocco has a very real chance.
I think Tchouamani and Kounde are out for France.
That means Camavinga probably slides to the middle
Bring your life style to me I'll make it better. Murder Was The Case. Snoop Dogg, DoggStyle Nov 23, 1993
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

danfo driver wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 1:09 am
txj wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 10:01 pmComan comon!!!!
But yesterday you told us not to hold it against paredes (or whoever that Argentine player). You told us that when you are IN THE GAME, its different and we should accept stupidity because apparently, the pressure is too much for players to make sensible choices. I am surprised that you are exclaiming at Coman. You dont think a black player also feels pressure?

What has skin color got to do with it?

My point is unchanged though- that IN GAME, players can and do make poor decisions.
Its a game of errors not play station...

Its sometimes too easy to criticize as fans.. that is my point.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
smallpikin
Egg
Egg

Post by smallpikin »

danfo driver wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 5:04 am
smallpikin wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 4:44 am
danfo driver wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 12:57 am
smallpikin wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 10:18 pm
joao wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 9:56 pm I believe this referee is against England.
My assessment too.
When you are done assessing, go and cry into your pillow. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
It’s only a game and I am not English, so I could not care less. People hear are so happy about France winning. I bet you have not set foot on French soil as [even a visiting] African. That is why I would rather they lose. But if they win, i just take it as a game. I see you are euphoric about the French win. Perhaps you put money on th outcome. If so, congratulations.
I think you meant the opposite. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

P.s-- No one hear is happy that the racist French won. And believe it or not, there are many well-to-do people on Cybereagles, who have travelled to more locations than you can ever dream of.

The SOLE issue here is the English, who are deeply hated! It doesnt matter who their opponent was today, even if it was Pontius Pilate and 10 Romans. Every true Nigeria feels peace when the English is in pains in football. :taunt: :taunt: :rotf:
I agree! I got the phrasing of the idiom mixed up. Thank you for the correction.

My issue is not where people on Cybereagles travel to— I could care less about that :D . How you feel about England pales into insignificance compared to how I feel about France, not least because of what they are doing in [English speaking] Cameroon. But I get it, given this is a Nigerian forum.
"If you aren't keeping the score
you're only practising". Hugh Collum, Finance Director, SmithKline Beecham.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Field Marshall Ogolo wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 1:15 am
Odas wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 8:37 pm
Field Marshall Ogolo wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 8:34 pm Who gets the feeling that England is about to score? What a sinking feeling! I want England to lose!
... especially with all the mouth they made before their game with Senegal, I want them to lose too
Odas, I am glad they lost! I watched this match with some Americans, and they were all supporting England.
Field Marshall,

Of course they will support England. Remember England is their 'colonial' master, so the Americans were supporting their Masters.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
theDunamis
Egg
Egg

Post by theDunamis »

hestonap wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 2:47 pm England WC victories since 2006.

Tunisia
Panama
Columbia
Sweden
Slovenia
Paraguay
Trinidad
Ecuador
Iran
Wales
Senegal

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
theDunamis is signed, sealed, DELIVERED!
AreaDaddy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by AreaDaddy »

hestonap wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 2:47 pm England WC victories since 2006.

Tunisia
Panama
Columbia
Sweden
Slovenia
Paraguay
Trinidad
Ecuador
Iran
Wales
Senegal
Kai. Imagine yeye-rity upon yeye-rity
---
"Nobody seems to want to live in a democracy anymore. All they want is to live in a dictatorship that supports their point of view."
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

wanaj0 wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 5:30 am
airwolex wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 10:05 pmSee my God
France was lucky?
Didier Deschamps: “We played a superb England team who are strong technically and physically. It comes down to details and luckily it went our way. Sometimes you need a bit of luck.”
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

ohsee wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 5:51 am
cchinukw wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 2:36 am
Coach wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 2:02 am Walker did well against Mbappe. The latter was nowhere near the supernhuman of earlier rounds. Don’t think the game needed Saka and Foden, should’ve ditched the latter and used Rashford for the directness. Or if playing Foden, gone with a 3 and found room for Trent Ogbunigwe-Arnold.

Effing blue coats.

Quids won, quids lost. Evens.

Argentina can’t win this. C’est impossible. Surely.
Mmm....he did so well that Mbappe got past him in the tip tap movement that eventually resulted in Tchoumeni's bulala.

:sneaky:
Don't mind Coachito. :biggrin: :taunt: Let us not forget the time in the second half when Mbappe said to Walker, "You think you got speed? You wanna see speed? Catch me if you can." Whereupon Mbappe pulled the afterburner switch and left Walker not just in his dust, but light years behind. :lol: He then diagonally crossed the ball to Dembele, who had a clear shot at goal, and shot wide. :mad:
I loved that moment when Mbappe challenged Walker to a race.

Also, at times England had 3 men waiting to look after Mbappe and help Walker.
But the English being the English keep saying Walker did excellent coz Mbappe didn't score :biggrin:
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

benteke wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 12:12 pm
ohsee wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 5:51 am
cchinukw wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 2:36 am
Coach wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 2:02 am Walker did well against Mbappe. The latter was nowhere near the supernhuman of earlier rounds. Don’t think the game needed Saka and Foden, should’ve ditched the latter and used Rashford for the directness. Or if playing Foden, gone with a 3 and found room for Trent Ogbunigwe-Arnold.

Effing blue coats.

Quids won, quids lost. Evens.

Argentina can’t win this. C’est impossible. Surely.
Mmm....he did so well that Mbappe got past him in the tip tap movement that eventually resulted in Tchoumeni's bulala.

:sneaky:
Don't mind Coachito. :biggrin: :taunt: Let us not forget the time in the second half when Mbappe said to Walker, "You think you got speed? You wanna see speed? Catch me if you can." Whereupon Mbappe pulled the afterburner switch and left Walker not just in his dust, but light years behind. :lol: He then diagonally crossed the ball to Dembele, who had a clear shot at goal, and shot wide. :mad:
I loved that moment when Mbappe challenged Walker to a race.

Also, at times England had 3 men waiting to look after Mbappe and help Walker.
But the English being the English keep saying Walker did excellent coz Mbappe didn't score :biggrin:
Ndi Ingrand sef. They always overhype their heroes, who always fail to deliver :biggrin: :biggrin: . Harry Kane this, Harry Kane that. :lol: Has anyone mentioned a similar Beckham miss v France in Euro 2004? Both English heroes were busy trying to kill birds instead of scoring winning penalties. :biggrin:
smallpikin
Egg
Egg

Post by smallpikin »

Here you have the French admitting that the referee favored France. They say there were at least 3 flagrant fouls on Saka that the ref ignored, including one just before France’s first goal, a penalty on Harry Kane which was not given, and that he was 5 meters away from the second penalty and did not even give it.

Finally, they say Southgste made a mistake to take out Saka, and did not make substitutions early enough, especially that of Rashford.
"If you aren't keeping the score
you're only practising". Hugh Collum, Finance Director, SmithKline Beecham.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

smallpikin wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 12:50 am Here you have the French admitting that the referee favored France. They say there were at least 3 flagrant fouls on Saka that the ref ignored, including one just before France’s first goal, a penalty on Harry Kane which was not given, and that he was 5 meters away from the second penalty and did not even give it.

Finally, they say Southgste made a mistake to take out Saka, and did not make substitutions early enough, especially that of Rashford.
The ref was annoyingly ABEG, but Ingurland still had their opportunities to tie the game and fluffed them…
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
hestonap
Egg
Egg

Post by hestonap »

smallpikin wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 12:50 am Here you have the French admitting that the referee favored France. They say there were at least 3 flagrant fouls on Saka that the ref ignored, including one just before France’s first goal, a penalty on Harry Kane which was not given, and that he was 5 meters away from the second penalty and did not even give it.

Uncle Smallpikin,

Every person wey fear God has to be an ABEG member. If you're not a member, you got to check whether you have a conscience to whether it has been seared.

To be fair to the ref, he was rather too blatant. At the meeting the night before the match, we told him not to be too overt, but what's a child of God supposed to do, hide his righteous indignation ?
God bless and keep Nigeria and make his face shine on her undeserving as she may be.
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Southgate almost undid his good work with his substitutions. What was Sterling doing on the field while in form Rashford was still on the bench? Raheem just rolled off his bed at home 2 days before and just been thru a 12 hrs flight. He could say he needed some freshness in midfield but did he really have to take off Saka?? He was immense. Then came Mount, one of those players that looks busy but does nada. Got the penalty but dats more credit to the defender.

Foden another head scratcher. Maybe those guys were tired but Henderson, Saka and Foden did very well and England seemed worse after they left. Rashford came in too late, a guy that hit form just before the WC. Still early but these decisions may have cost him a top job. He did well with the environment around the team and selection.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
Field Marshall Ogolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Field Marshall Ogolo »

The ref treated Saka like any Sub-Saharan African player.
Kuku Ngbendu Wa Za Banga