So who are we supporting today?

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tobi17
Egg
Egg
So who are we supporting today?

Post by Tobi17 »

My heart is going for France and my head for Morocco.
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: So who are we supporting today?

Post by marko »

il just watch a nice game of football! i like both teams, want to see Morocco in the finals, can they do it? that is another question
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

France for me.
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Either one of my ‘we’ will make it to the final so I’m good lol…but I think it will be my ‘oui oui’ boys.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Morocco all the way. Can't believe you all are rooting for France.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

vancity eagle wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 4:06 pm Morocco all the way. Can't believe you all are rooting for France.
On a more petty level, majority of the French players look more like me, that's any more than I can say for our North African brothers
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Tobi17 wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 4:14 pm
vancity eagle wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 4:06 pm Morocco all the way. Can't believe you all are rooting for France.
On a more petty level, majority of the French players look more like me, that's any more than I can say for our North African brothers
You can also look at it like this:
Your people were stolen away and used to make your enemies look good. :rotf:

Morocco for me.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

i am supporting both, this is a win, win situation for me
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
iworo
Egg
Egg

Post by iworo »

There must be a perceived benefit for supporting France, right? I personally don't see any benefit in supporting France over Morocco. Morocco and Cameroon's heroic performances in 86 and 90' World Cups resulted to FIFA increasing Africa's slots; and smoothed the path for Nigeria to play with the big boys on the world stage. Long term thinking is your best short term strategy. Why should I favor supporting bunch of black kids (aka Saka, Mbappe, etc) representing European countries to win the World Cup when I know that seeing an African country in the final (or possibly winning) will inspire next generation of African kids and very likely inspire next generation of foreign born African players to represent motherland (aka Moroccan foreign born players)?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

iworo wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 5:13 pm There must be a perceived benefit for supporting France, right? I personally don't see any benefit in supporting France over Morocco. Morocco and Cameroon's heroic performances in 86 and 90' World Cups resulted to FIFA increasing Africa's slots; and smoothed the path for Nigeria to play with the big boys on the world stage. Long term thinking is your best short term strategy. Why should I favor supporting bunch of black kids (aka Saka, Mbappe, etc) representing European countries to win the World Cup when I know that seeing an African country in the final (or possibly winning) will inspire next generation of African kids and very likely inspire next generation of foreign born African players to represent motherland (aka Moroccan foreign born players)?
let's address this, who would inspire African kids / the next generation . The likes of Kante or the likes of Rabah Madja.. Now be honest with yourself, which of these players do you think an African would look up to

SuperEagles

Thelastoneleft
Egg
Egg

Post by Thelastoneleft »

My heart is with Morocco but my head wants France to win, just to reduce the chances of Messi and Argentina winning it all. I don't think Morocco will be able to challenge Messi and Argentina in a possible grand finale. So, .... allez les Bleus (can't believe I actually said that) :oops: :oops: :oops:
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Thelastoneleft wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 5:40 pm My heart is with Morocco but my head wants France to win, just to reduce the chances of Messi and Argentina winning it all. I don't think Morocco will be able to challenge Messi and Argentina in a possible grand finale. So, .... allez les Bleus (can't believe I actually said that) :oops: :oops: :oops:
:agree:
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

I need someone to help me take out Argentina :(
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Damunk wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 4:19 pm

Morocco for me.
No mind am.

Do many here not actively root against England who even parade Nigerian players.

Africa all day long.

Those black players are winning plaudits for Europeans.

The historical significance of what Morocco can achieve FAR outweighs rooting for somebody that "looks like me"
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

iworo wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 5:13 pm There must be a perceived benefit for supporting France, right? I personally don't see any benefit in supporting France over Morocco. Morocco and Cameroon's heroic performances in 86 and 90' World Cups resulted to FIFA increasing Africa's slots; and smoothed the path for Nigeria to play with the big boys on the world stage. Long term thinking is your best short term strategy. Why should I favor supporting bunch of black kids (aka Saka, Mbappe, etc) representing European countries to win the World Cup when I know that seeing an African country in the final (or possibly winning) will inspire next generation of African kids and very likely inspire next generation of foreign born African players to represent motherland (aka Moroccan foreign born players)?
KPOM KPOM KPOM.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Thelastoneleft wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 5:40 pm My heart is with Morocco but my head wants France to win, just to reduce the chances of Messi and Argentina winning it all. I don't think Morocco will be able to challenge Messi and Argentina in a possible grand finale. So, .... allez les Bleus (can't believe I actually said that) :oops: :oops: :oops:
And you think Morocco will not be able to take out Argentina if they had taken out France Portugal, Spain, Belgium.

Argentina is not the best team at this WC.

Morocco has already beaten better.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Damunk wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 4:19 pm

Morocco for me.
:biggrin:
Stolen away for whia? Na dem take dia own leg waka go France. :biggrin: If you want to see people who were "stolen away," look at Morocco carefully. There's melanin in them thar features, representing our long-lost ancestors from millennia ago taken there as abd. Know ya history. :biggrin:

I want whoever will beat the Argies to win. :clap: :clap: :agree: :agree: Messi must mess up again. :clap: :clap: :agree: :agree:
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

El Nesiri, Hakimi etc are black too.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Morocco has been jinxed.. the bad luck of many who posted here wey dem carry use for Se , don rob on top Morocco
SuperEagles

King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 7:46 pm Morocco has been jinxed.. the bad luck of many who posted here wey dem carry use for Se , don rob on top Morocco
where is the game thread, what are we paying you for.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
AreaDaddy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by AreaDaddy »

I was not sure but now match don start. I know I want Morocco to win
---
"Nobody seems to want to live in a democracy anymore. All they want is to live in a dictatorship that supports their point of view."
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Morocco number 8 is a brother too lol
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Field Marshall Ogolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Field Marshall Ogolo »

Tobi17 wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 3:25 pm My heart is going for France and my head for Morocco.
I was supporting both teams. But will now support France. Argentina will make a joke out of Morocco.
Kuku Ngbendu Wa Za Banga