[WC 2022] France vs Morocco(2-0) FT

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [WC 2022] France vs Morocco(2-0) FT

Post by airwolex »

Kabalega wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 11:17 pm
airwolex wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 11:07 pm This French team is hard to get a read on frankly. They take hella chances when they could play possession soccer like Croatia. Something tells me this is intentional.

It will be interesting against Argentina and might come down to which superstar can raise their game.
This team has good players but collectively not as sharp as they could be.
At times it looks like they are winging it.
Honestly, looks that way to me too. I could be wrong
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

Kabalega wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 11:17 pm
airwolex wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 11:07 pm This French team is hard to get a read on frankly. They take hella chances when they could play possession soccer like Croatia. Something tells me this is intentional.

It will be interesting against Argentina and might come down to which superstar can raise their game.
This team has good players but collectively not as sharp as they could be.
At times it looks like they are winging it.
It appears to me France plays what is in front of them, they will turn the screw when necessary then sit back when the situation calls for it
It is their cup to lose or keep
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

The Morocco fans should be very proud of their players and I hope like hell they finish 3rd and secure the bronze medal.
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [WC 2022] France vs Morocco(1-0)

Post by danfo driver »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 11:15 pm
danfo driver wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 11:01 pm
Scipio Africanus wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:22 pm
ohsee wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:13 pm
danfo driver wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:43 pm
Coach wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:40 pm Far too much sleepwalking from France, if they concede, they’re done.
Like England? :rotf:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Water don finish for Waterloo oooo!!! :mrgreen:
So na only LOO remain? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Na so we see am o! AKA Coach's hiding place. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

France plays like a good African team.
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

,,,great job by the Moroccans, they truly went toe to toe against a defending champion and nearly nicked it. That bicycle kick could have changed everything.
France better beat the Argies, and send that midget packing.
camex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by camex »

It is the first time since 1962 that the defending champions plays the final.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [WC 2022] France vs Morocco(2-0)

Post by ohsee »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:27 pm
ohsee wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:23 pm
Scipio Africanus wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:17 pm
smallpikin wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:14 pm France has been underwhelming, though ruthless ruthless. Against Argentina, they will encounter real shithousery at this World Cup for the first time. I don’t see them winning it. It is Messi’s destiny.
France na senior boy team. They have encountered everything under the sun. I see Argentina unraveling mentally if things don’t go their way. I just fear for that Theo Hernandez side. That guy is a walking penalties ATM and you can trust Argentina to take advantage
Skip, did I not tell you that Konate is an upgrade not a downgrade? I say he and Varane were rock solid today. I hope Rabiot is back for the final. And Upamecano warms the bench while Konate starts.
:clap: :clap: :clap: Oga you called it o! If not for him Morocco could have scored at least one today. His positioning and reaction time were impeccable. Why the hell didn’t he start the previous 2 games? Was he injured or sick? Deschamps take time o!
My bros, Deschumps na (almost) useless bobo. It appears he goes for reputation of club and experience instead of current form. Apparently he is planning to start Uppermechanic in the final. :mad: I regularly watch Konate play for Liverpool beside van Dijk, and it is clear that when the big Dutchman moves on, Konate will take his place easily.

There was a time when Upamecano was considered the best young center back around, but he has suffered a dip in confidence and form. Konate, his former CB partner at RB Leipzig, has surpassed him.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

camex wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:19 am It is the first time since 1962 that the defending champions plays the final.
Not true. Argentina 1990, Brazil 1998. 1962 is the last time a defending champion won.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Donzman wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:11 pm
ohsee wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:06 pm
Coach wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:40 pm Far too much sleepwalking from France, if they concede, they’re done.
Coachito, but that's how they play. They never look particularly good, if good is possession and playing like Spain who are out of the tournament :biggrin: . They just look "average"--whatever that means--and win. :thumbs: They are practically playing with their second team. And winning.
That's how they play, indeed. Do not know how they do it but they squeeze out the result.

Their bench players are not up to standard though, even though one scored today, but then those will be "third string" players.
Chief, because of injuries, the bench is thin. But in some areas, they are quite stacked. Imagine that the starting LCB Upamecano did not play, and Konate stepped in to do the job, and there was no drop in standard. Upamecano is not even the real starter in my opinion--if Kimpembe were healthy, he would have started all the games alongside Varane. And they still have William Saliba, who is a totally outstanding centerback. They are spoiled for choice in that position. In midfield, they still have Kingsley Coman, Camavinga, and Guendouzi, players not to be sniffed at. Where they may be in trouble is at left back where if Theo Hernandez is injured, they will have to improvise, because Theo is a backup--his brother, the starter is injured. They tried Camavinga at that position, and he was just totally lousy. I am not sure why they left Ferland Mendy of Real Madrid at home. Maybe they think they have too many Africans. :sneaky: My bros, France is incredible--they suffered all these injuries and are still in the final. :scared:
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

mcal wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 12:53 am ,,,great job by the Moroccans, they truly went toe to toe against a defending champion and nearly nicked it. That bicycle kick could have changed everything.
:lol: :lol: You must be a Nigerian and ManU fan. :lol: :lol:
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
camex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by camex »

ohsee wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:50 am
camex wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:19 am It is the first time since 1962 that the defending champions plays the final.
Not true. Argentina 1990, Brazil 1998. 1962 is the last time a defending champion won.
True. I was wrong.
camex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by camex »

ohsee wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 2:09 am
Donzman wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:11 pm
ohsee wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:06 pm
Coachito, but that's how they play. They never look particularly good, if good is possession and playing like Spain who are out of the tournament :biggrin: . They just look "average"--whatever that means--and win. :thumbs: They are practically playing with their second team. And winning.
That's how they play, indeed. Do not know how they do it but they squeeze out the result.

Their bench players are not up to standard though, even though one scored today, but then those will be "third string" players.
Chief, because of injuries, the bench is thin. But in some areas, they are quite stacked. Imagine that the starting LCB Upamecano did not play, and Konate stepped in to do the job, and there was no drop in standard. Upamecano is not even the real starter in my opinion--if Kimpembe were healthy, he would have started all the games alongside Varane. And they still have William Saliba, who is a totally outstanding centerback. They are spoiled for choice in that position. In midfield, they still have Kingsley Coman, Camavinga, and Guendouzi, players not to be sniffed at. Where they may be in trouble is at left back where if Theo Hernandez is injured, they will have to improvise, because Theo is a backup--his brother, the starter is injured. They tried Camavinga at that position, and he was just totally lousy. I am not sure why they left Ferland Mendy of Real Madrid at home. Maybe they think they have too many Africans. :sneaky: My bros, France is incredible--they suffered all these injuries and are still in the final. :scared:
Wow, France is leaving at home a player of Real Madrid? These are things that only Brazil was doing in the past. They have depth!
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

France played simple football yesterday, they just looked for defensive lapses and they got 2, there was nothing between both sides, except poor finishing from Morocco, very proud of what they have achieved, France just has the better individual players and are clinical, only difference
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
camex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by camex »

marko wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 8:25 am France played simple football yesterday, they just looked for defensive lapses and they got 2, there was nothing between both sides, except poor finishing from Morocco, very proud of what they have achieved, France just has the better individual players and are clinical, only difference
:agree:
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Kabalega wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 2:59 am
mcal wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 12:53 am ,,,great job by the Moroccans, they truly went toe to toe against a defending champion and nearly nicked it. That bicycle kick could have changed everything.
:lol: :lol: You must be a Nigerian and ManU fan. :lol: :lol:
...your guess is as good as mine, that midget need be shamed like his other midget from 1994.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Tchouameni. Goodness me. What on Earth have they created. A few flashes of youthful ignorance but that aside, something frighteningly special is brewing. All the ingredients for completeness.

Generational talent.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Coach wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:47 pm Tchouameni. Goodness me. What on Earth have they created. A few flashes of youthful ignorance but that aside, something frighteningly special is brewing. All the ingredients for completeness.

Generational talent.
Has made too-a-many mistakes in the last two games. He is no N'Golo the Great. :idea:
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Antoine Griezmann has been a real revelation this WC in midfield. It's like he's not recognizable anymore and has been playing in midfield all his life. Arguably best player on pitch yesterday and definitely best against England. Still has a good engine at 31 and like a brand new player.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

felarey wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 4:56 pm Antoine Griezmann has been a real revelation this WC in midfield. It's like he's not recognizable anymore and has been playing in midfield all his life. Arguably best player on pitch yesterday and definitely best against England. Still has a good engine at 31 and like a brand new player.
Antoine Le Coward according to the flippity-floppity manifesto of Old Cyberia.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

@Mazi, there will never be another Ngolo Khan, emperor extraordinaire. Enjoy him whilst here, much like King Lionel, the stars must align throughout the cosmos before another is born.

As for Tchouameni, the mistakes of youth. Those will be unlearned, even more so given his curriculum at club and national level. Going early, but with ample reason to do so, we are looking at a potential World’s Best.
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

What a depressing thought for opponents that Real Madrid already had Modric and Kroos, and then guaranteed their midfield future for the next decade by signing The Next Big Midfield Thing Tchouameni, when they already had the previous Next Big Thing in Camavinga.

Who can stop them? They will probably go out and buy Mbappe when Benzema retires.
Coach wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:47 pm Tchouameni. Goodness me. What on Earth have they created. A few flashes of youthful ignorance but that aside, something frighteningly special is brewing. All the ingredients for completeness.

Generational talent.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

ohsee wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 4:38 pm

Generational talent.
Has made too-a-many mistakes in the last two games. He is no N'Golo the Great. :idea:
At only 22 he doesn’t need to be…even Kante of today won’t be able to replicate the Kante you are talking about. But if you can’t see how great this bobo is gonna be, na your own wahala be that. This tournament put a lot of confidence in the bobo which is great for us at Real.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!