[WC 2022 Final Match] ARGENTINA 3(4) (Messi X2, Di Maria) FRANCE 3(2) (Mbappe hattrick) Messi wins the World Cup!!

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet
[WC 2022 Final Match] ARGENTINA 3(4) (Messi X2, Di Maria) FRANCE 3(2) (Mbappe hattrick) Messi wins the World Cup!!

Post by Scipio Africanus »

France are being hit with misfortune after misfortune. Konate and Varane are rumored to be sick with the same virus affecting Rabiot. Both doubtful for final.
Last edited by Scipio Africanus on Sun Dec 18, 2022 6:58 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Wha choo looking at?!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [WC 2022 Final Match] ARGENTINA 0 FRANCE 0

On the France bench Nkunku still injured and Upamecano fitness levels in doubt

Wha choo looking at?!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

We could see Kounde and Saliba as replacement CBs for France if Konate and Varane are ruled out of the final.

Wha choo looking at?!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

France deny rumors that Benzema will be available for the final

Wha choo looking at?!
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

...Benzema is there to collect his medal in case France win. He's said to still be on the roster.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

mcal wrote: Sat Dec 17, 2022 6:46 pm ...Benzema is there to collect his medal in case France win. He's said to still be on the roster.
Really!! I did not know that o!

Wha choo looking at?!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

France receive a major boost on the eve of the World Cup final with ALL of the players struggling with a virus back in training... meaning Raphael Varane, Ibrahima Konate and Kingsley Coman will be ready to face Argentina tomorrow

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... virus.html

France have received a massive boost ahead of tomorrow's World Cup final against Argentina as all of the players who have struggled with a virus have been cleared to return to training.

Adrien Rabiot and Dayot Upamecano missed the semi-final against Morocco, while Raphael Varane, Ibrahima Konate and Kingsley Coman have missed the last two days of training due to an outbreak within the camp.

Pictures from Saturday's training session show that Rabiot, Upamecano, Varane and Coman have all returned to action.

French television network TF1, as per Get France Football, reported that all five including Konate will be back in training today.

Rabiot and Upamecano were ruled out of the 2-0 victory over Morocco and as reported by RMC Sport have already returned to training after recovering from the illness.

Varane and Konate started at centre-back against Morocco and the fact they had also been struck with the illness going around the camp, would have been a source of worry for manager Didier Deschamps.

Coman hasn't been a starter in Qatar but offers another attacking threat off the bench should France need it.

It will be a big relief for Deschamps to have his squad back together for the final.

Inside the French camp, in a bid to avoid the virus spreading further, coaching staff and the squad are wearing masks around the infected players.

There is also said to be no major concerns for Aurelien Tchouameni and Theo Hernandez who both trained in the gym on Friday after suffering hip and knee knocks respectively.

It's said there is more confidence that Tchouameni - who scored one of the goals that knocked out England in the quarter-finals - is going to be fine than Hernandez.

Speaking about the virus, manager Didier Deschamps said: 'We are trying to manage this as best as we can and remain calm and focused.

'We are doing our best to take precautions and adapt and live with it without going too far but doing what is necessary. We would have preferred not to face this but are managing it as best as we can.'

They are not the first team to complain about this, after Brazil and Manchester United star Antony also raised the issue and the affect it was having on his side earlier in the tournament.

Meanwhile, fans have also complained about air conditioning inside the tournament's various stadiums, revealing that they have had to wear jumpers to keep warm when attending matches.

Striker Randal Kolo Muani, who came off the bench to score France's second goal in their win over Morocco, said on Friday: 'There's a little flu that's been spreading but nothing serious. They'll be well soon and be ready for Sunday.'

A French press officer added: 'As you know, Randal is not a doctor, we will communicate about it later.'

Kolo Muani said the players who fell ill had been isolated.

'Those who are sick stay in their room, they're being taken care of by the doctors and we've been enforcing social distancing. We're very strict about it,' he said.

Forward Ousmane Dembele said: 'We're not scared of that virus. Dayot and Adrien got a bit of a stomach ache, I made them a ginger and honey tea and then they felt better. I hope everyone will be ready for the final.

'Dayot got better and I think everyone will be ready. We've been taking precautions. The first day, Dayot stayed in his room and we brought him food and he was back with everyone the next day.'

Wha choo looking at?!
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

should this viral sicknesses even be happening ? Players should have been isolated and locked away in oxygen chamber and fed only frozen or hot dishes
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

ALLEZ FRANCE!!!

🇫🇷

I was going to accept Argentina because I like Messi.

Just can’t.

Argentina got away with a lot. They’re dirty. And cynical.

It’s a shame because they are legitimately good.
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Rumors that Deschamps will start Thuram on the left and move Mbappe to the center, dropping Giroud to the bench. I like this idea!! Mbappe against Otamendi!

Wha choo looking at?!
GREENWHITEGREEN
Egg
Egg

Post by GREENWHITEGREEN »

"I don dey shake!" Make I go for a 3-mile jog.
-Simpli fy -
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Scipio Africanus wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 2:35 pm Rumors that Deschamps will start Thuram on the left and move Mbappe to the center, dropping Giroud to the bench. I like this idea!! Mbappe against Otamendi!
Mbappe is not getting marked one one one by that midget. They will put 2-3 defenders on him. Romero will be in Giroud on set pieces cos he’s the tallest of the 3 defenders. Argentina are not leaving anything to chance.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

GREENWHITEGREEN wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 2:37 pm "I don dey shake!" Make I go for a 3-mile jog.
That is a good idea! Make I follow you go jor

Wha choo looking at?!
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

packerland wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 2:58 pm
Scipio Africanus wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 2:35 pm Rumors that Deschamps will start Thuram on the left and move Mbappe to the center, dropping Giroud to the bench. I like this idea!! Mbappe against Otamendi!
Mbappe is not getting marked one one one by that midget. They will put 2-3 defenders on him. Romero will be in Giroud on set pieces cos he’s the tallest of the 3 defenders. Argentina are not leaving anything to chance.
That will be defensive suicide. Dembele and Griezmann will rip them to shreds. And remember Messi doesn't often track back to defend.

Wha choo looking at?!
Sleaky72
Egg
Egg

Post by Sleaky72 »

Thuram is on the bench
Last edited by Sleaky72 on Sun Dec 18, 2022 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

packerland wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 2:58 pm

They tilt the defensive zone in the direction of Kyllian and pull Molina's starting position a little deeper to control the space behind him and prevent the tear away runs. That way they do not leave undefended zones. But it requires rapid defensive transitions without the ball.

They will also look to control the supply lines to him. The key will be how the pick up the movements of Griezman.
Rabiot IMO will be crucial for France.

Also, by starting Di Maria on that right side, they are looking to break the connection between Hernandez and Mbappe, by pushing the LB back towards his goal...
Last edited by txj on Sun Dec 18, 2022 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Argentina starting 11
(4-4-2, right to left): 23. E. Martinez (GK) — 26. Molina, 13. Romero, 19. Otamendi, 3. Tagliafico — 11. Di Maria, 7. De Paul, 24. Fernandez, 20. Mac Allister — 10. Messi, 9. Alvarez

France starting 11
(4-3-3, right to left): 1. Lloris (GK) — 5. Kounde, 4. Varane, 18. Upamecano, 22. T. Hernandez — 8. Tchouameni, 7. Griezmann, 14. Rabiot — 11. Dembele, 9. Giroud, 10. Mbappe.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

IMO Di Maria in the lineup offers great flexibility to Scaloni. Assuming he's 100%...

He can play high and wide to push back Hernandez as well as keep pace with Mbappe on the defensive end.

He can slide into central MF
Push up next to Alvarez, and allow Messi to drop back and create play from deep...

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

is De Maria even fit?
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

ALLEZ FRANCE!
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

emmitt smith? stick to soccer lalas.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

King Futcha wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 3:43 pm emmitt smith? stick to soccer lalas.
He’s like Stephen A. Smith trying to comment on MMA…stick to Basketball & Football.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

packerland wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 3:47 pm
King Futcha wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 3:43 pm emmitt smith? stick to soccer lalas.
He’s like Stephen A. Smith trying to comment on MMA…stick to Basketball & Football.
Amen brother.
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.