THANK YOU QATAR!

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
THANK YOU QATAR!

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

For organizing what I believe to be the best WC in recent memory. You were doubted, hated and undermined but you delivered above and beyond all expectations.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
OCCUPY NFF!!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: THANK YOU QATAR!

Post by maceo4 »

Best WC ever lol! Ok ok na the euphoria of this final game!
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

maceo4 wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:03 pm Best WC ever lol! Ok ok na the euphoria of this final game!
na miller lite
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

maceo4 wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:03 pm Best WC ever lol! Ok ok na the euphoria of this final game!
I don’t remember a final game like this o!
I stand to be corrected though.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Damunk wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:22 pm
Certainly the most exciting in a while.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

FANTASTIC WORLD CUP! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

The haters can stop crying now and go back to their daily miserable lives. Afterall, 2026 is hosted in a country they love. Wonder how many black men will be murdered by police there over the next 4 years though. hmm
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
AreaDaddy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by AreaDaddy »

Great world cup.

It will be so painful for all the Euro-philes praying for disaster.

Unlike many world cups in the past, non European supporters were well represented.
---
"Nobody seems to want to live in a democracy anymore. All they want is to live in a dictatorship that supports their point of view."
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

That was the best World Cup final ever.
akamoke

Post by akamoke »

Weirdly enough, the only other world cup final that was as exciting as this one for me was 1986 Final where Argentina coughed up a 2 goal lead but Maradona with a touch of magic release Buruchagga for a final nail just before regulation

I think this one has that one beat because this one went to the wire!!!
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.
Comrade Machel
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Comrade Machel »

The final was exciting indeed but for me it had NOTHING TO DO WITH QATAR. Just saying

Overall it wasn't a great world cup in my opinion. The mood just wasn't there
Ratlala :thumbs: :D

https://youtu.be/8CZLsYase0Q
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

They did a good job, no thanks to those that wanted to inject politics and impose their values on the tournament. No thanks to the alphabet peeps and the nerve of Zelensky to cry that Fifa didn't play his video message of peace :roll: Welldone to FIFA and Qatar for standing up to the tyrannical minority. Anything woke goes to $@#%, not this one. The beer thing tho :sneaky: ...ah well :D

It was a WC full of drama, Saudis beat Argentina, one team (Poland) qualified into the knock out rounds on having 2 less yellow cards, at one point, Group E was inverted on paper with Spain/Germany going home and Japan/Costa Rica advancing. Several groups came to the wire to decide places. Brazil brought their identity with dances and joga bonito, Morocco had an amazing run, keepers showed up with penalties, the final, what a game!

Icing on the cake, some stadiums will be dismantled and parts used to help out in other countries.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

I won't go deep into it...but yes, this is where the West gets deserved criticism for its BS moral imperialism.

Like no Western host ever had social and political issues. But the hypocrites use sports to attack Qatar and greater Arab and Muslim societies on cultural terms. When sports should be used to bridge gaps and promote open dialogue.

Never mind it should be about sports. FIFA screwed itself by using football for social engineering in the 1st place. There are other venues and opportunities for this, no sports.

Just my 2 cents.
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
Field Marshall Ogolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Field Marshall Ogolo »

The final was a thriller! Last time I witnessed a thriller like this was during the 1950 World Cup when Brazil played Uruguay! Folks jumped out of skyscrapers in Rio afterwards! But c'mon? $300 billion ? We could have done better things with that dinero! Just imagine the schools, hospitals or roads that could have built in Africa?! :curse:
Kuku Ngbendu Wa Za Banga
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Qatar 2022 is the best World Cup ever, no doubt.
The competition was immense through all rounds. Lest we forget, the champion Argentina
lost its first game. In the group stages, no team had a clear path to the next round till the last
matches were played.
Multiple upsets at the knockout stages, and then a fantastic and memorable final.

One cannot but be happy for Messi, the most complete player in this century, for adding
a WC to his admirable resume.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Ipe Grams
Egg
Egg

Post by Ipe Grams »

cchinukw wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:30 pm
Certainly the most exciting in a while.
Agree. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
"Are you sure you want to go to red alert? It does mean changing the bulb..."
Kryten to Rimmer, Red Dwarf
Ipe Grams
Egg
Egg

Post by Ipe Grams »

joao wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 8:02 pm Qatar 2022 is the best World Cup ever, no doubt.
The competition was immense through all rounds. Lest we forget, the champion Argentina
lost its first game. In the group stages, no team had a clear path to the next round till the last
matches were played.
Multiple upsets at the knockout stages, and then a fantastic and memorable final.

One cannot but be happy for Messi, the most complete player in this century, for adding
a WC to his admirable resume.
African Country getting to the semi as well.
"Are you sure you want to go to red alert? It does mean changing the bulb..."
Kryten to Rimmer, Red Dwarf
Donzman
Egg
Egg

Post by Donzman »

Fantastic World Cup for real.

The haters have choked on their hate, some are still whining about Messi wearing the cloak when he lifted the trophy.

I thoroughly enjoyed the tournament even though a team I did not like won.
benteke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by benteke »

We have to keep drumming this into the haters heads that this is one of the best World Cups ever, with no alcohol and no LGTB stuff, just to make their faces turn blue.

It was a lovely event, very memorable.

Well done Qatar, i also almost fell for the negative propaganda
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Best WC ever! Best final ever!

This is South America's first WC win in 20 years since Brazil won it in Korea and Japan in 2002.

3 different continents are represented in the top 4 since the 2002 WC.

Brazil and Italy still remain the only two teams that have won the WC back to back.
Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Europe has 12 WC wins South America now with 10 WC wins.
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

Comrade Machel wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:33 am The final was exciting indeed but for me it had NOTHING TO DO WITH QATAR. Just saying

Overall it wasn't a great world cup in my opinion. The mood just wasn't there
What mood?
Are you upset that there was no fan cleavage coverage in the stands? :taunt: :lol:
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

felarey wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 6:28 pm They did a good job, no thanks to those that wanted to inject politics and impose their values on the tournament. No thanks to the alphabet peeps and the nerve of Zelensky to cry that Fifa didn't play his video message of peace :roll: Welldone to FIFA and Qatar for standing up to the tyrannical minority. Anything woke goes to $@#%, not this one. The beer thing tho :sneaky: ...ah well :D

It was a WC full of drama, Saudis beat Argentina, one team (Poland) qualified into the knock out rounds on having 2 less yellow cards, at one point, Group E was inverted on paper with Spain/Germany going home and Japan/Costa Rica advancing. Several groups came to the wire to decide places. Brazil brought their identity with dances and joga bonito, Morocco had an amazing run, keepers showed up with penalties, the final, what a game!

Icing on the cake, some stadiums will be dismantled and parts used to help out in other countries.
:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :thumbs:
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Field Marshall Ogolo wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 7:27 pm
The final was a thriller! Last time I witnessed a thriller like this was during the 1950 World Cup when Brazil played Uruguay! Folks jumped out of skyscrapers in Rio afterwards! But c'mon? $300 billion ? We could have done better things with that dinero! Just imagine the schools, hospitals or roads that could have built in Africa?! :curse:
:shock: :o :shock: :o :shock: :o
Pa Ogolo. :lol: