[WC 2022 Final Match] ARGENTINA 3(4) (Messi X2, Di Maria) FRANCE 3(2) (Mbappe hattrick) Messi wins the World Cup!!

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [WC 2022 Final Match] ARGENTINA 3(4) (Messi X2, Di Maria) FRANCE 3(2) (Mbappe hattrick) Messi wins the World Cup!!

Post by txj »

green4life wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:32 pm Why not Bono for golden glove?

The winner always gets the girl!
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: [WC 2022 Final Match] ARGENTINA 3(4) (Messi X2, Di Maria) FRANCE 3(2) (Mbappe hattrick) Messi wins the World Cup!!

Post by Bigpokey24 »

may Argentina suffer after Messi
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

ohsee wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:27 pm The French should celebrate this. They did not lose in regular and overtime, and their reserve team almost beat the Argies. Nothing to be ashamed of.
Did you not see France pull off two starters in the first half?

I guess, if you sing this France 4th string song long enough…. :taunt: :)
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Kabalega wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:37 pm
ohsee wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:27 pm The French should celebrate this. They did not lose in regular and overtime, and their reserve team almost beat the Argies. Nothing to be ashamed of.

The coward is back. Welcome :rotf: :rotf:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

France, 4 Finals, in the last 7 FIFA World-cups
SuperEagles

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Another man garbage na one man's treasure. See as France look sad. If na US na dance I go dey dance for coming 2nd. :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

France go vex come Euro 2024
SuperEagles

txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Coach wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:27 pm
txj wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:23 pm
Coach wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:16 pm @Tx, two words, où est le boeuf?
Prime Argentine.

Pampas

Luscious green grass stretching from Buenos Aires to Cancun. Cattle as free range as a Buharian wet dream. A special type of beef there, does all sorts on the Petri dish.

And in the hands of a master chef,

All you can eat Argentine buffet steakhouse

A glass of red...

Mama mia Di Maria :biggrin:

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: [WC 2022 Final Match] ARGENTINA 3 (Messi X2, Di Maria) FRANCE 3 (Mbappe hattrick)

Post by Kabalega »

gosh wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:06 pm
jette1 wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:02 pm
gosh wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 6:59 pm France really bungled it... They could have won within 2nd half of regulation and 2nd half of extra time after each time they drew with all that momentum and chances.
they were the weak side so i don't know what you mean they could have ?
I disagree... The 1st half was bad because Deschamps ceded the midfield to Argentina, but when France came back into the came the Argentines were there for the taking, but France squandered way too many chances.
:lol: :lol: The same could be said about Argentina.
France was there for the taking twice, but Argentina got too emotional and didn’t take care of the ball.
“If your opponent is of choleric temper, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant.”- Sun Tzu
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Coach wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:22 pm @Mazi, what made the French side 4th choice? Was the whole team or is it particular players in the lineup that made it fourth choice?

Mbappe on 11 or 12 goals, record 16. Should smash that at the next Mundial, all things going well.

Best World Cup final I’ve watched.
Sssshhhhh. I dey exaggerate small. But this was an injury-riddled team, and at the end only the reserves were standing apart from Mbappe and Lloris.Kounde (reserve) Konate (reserve) Upamecano (wouldn't be starting if Kimpembe were healthy) Camavinga (not even a left back) Fofana (r) Tchoumeni (would he be starting if N'Golo the Great were healthy?) Kolo Muani (deep bench reserve) Coman (reserve) Thuram (reserve). They should celebrate this as a win without the cup. It is no small feat.
Last edited by ohsee on Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

Bigpokey24 wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:36 pm may Argentina suffer after Messi
Amen to that!
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Messi has been ordained as a Qatari prince.
gosh
Egg
Egg
Re: [WC 2022 Final Match] ARGENTINA 3 (Messi X2, Di Maria) FRANCE 3 (Mbappe hattrick)

Post by gosh »

Kabalega wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:42 pm
gosh wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 6:59 pm France really bungled it... They could have won within 2nd half of regulation and 2nd half of extra time after each time they drew with all that momentum and chances.
I disagree... The 1st half was bad because Deschamps ceded the midfield to Argentina, but when France came back into the came the Argentines were there for the taking, but France squandered way too many chances.
France was there for the taking twice, but Argentina got too emotional and didn’t take care of the ball.
Not really. From when Di Maria came out, France had more chances to put the game away.
Whatever you are chasing is also chasing you!
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Kabalega wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:37 pm

Ugandan man who does not know football :biggrin: see my response to Coachito. :biggrin:
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

The game is not that easy. Its never easy.

Deschamps did not 'cede the MF to Argentina'. They were simply outplayed by a team with a better MF, PLUS his adjustments did not work, until halfway into the HF.

Nobody was 'there for the taking'...These were two high level teams competing.

This is not PlayStation

Kabalega
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Kabalega »

gosh wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:47 pm
Kabalega wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:42 pm
Not really. From when Di Maria came out, France had more chances to put the game away.
France looked stronger after the subs in part because the Argies were tiring.
Good move and yes, should have taken advantage then.
But Argentina could have scored 3 in the 1st half, kept Di Maria on longer and/or made brought on the two subs earlier to neutralize France.

They also could have punished France in the end. They always looked dangerous whenever they attacked with purpose.
France only looked dangerous whenever Argentina gave them space to play.
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

Thank you Qatar, thank you to the countries, the fans, the teams and all most of all the players who provided us an awesome spectacle to behold .

the final game was the best way to cap this up.

Thank you !!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Danfo oya Griezman thief ya GF ? I still dey wait o :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Cito wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:44 pm
Bigpokey24 wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:36 pm may Argentina suffer after Messi
Amen to that!

See bad belle. Don’t hate congratulate. :laugh:
OCCUPY NFF!!
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Siddonlook11 wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:57 pm Thank you Qatar, thank you to the countries, the fans, the teams and all most of all the players who provided us an awesome spectacle to behold .

the final game was the best way to cap this up.

Thank you !!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Agreed. Thank you to all the countries. Great finals and final. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: What am I going to do now that it is over? :biggrin:
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

danfo driver wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:16 pm
mate wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:15 pm I’m exhausted. This was the best WC final I have ever watched live.

2 great teams gave us a show.

Messi for me made the difference.

I posted on the GOAT thread why he now might be the greatest ever.
The greatest who won one world cup abi? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:biggrin: :biggrin:
Don't mind mate. :biggrin:
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

txj wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:50 pm

The game is not that easy. Its never easy.

Deschamps did not 'cede the MF to Argentina'. They were simply outplayed by a team with a better MF, PLUS his adjustments did not work, until halfway into the HF.

Nobody was 'there for the taking'...These were two high level teams competing.

This is not PlayStation

Exactly. You noted the inflection points.

Argentina was about to collapse if Argentina did no make those 2 subs in the extra time. Totally changed things again.

For me, all this produced the ultimate margin of difference: player quality and some luck.
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

ohsee wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 8:29 pm
danfo driver wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:16 pm
mate wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 7:15 pm I’m exhausted. This was the best WC final I have ever watched live.

2 great teams gave us a show.

Messi for me made the difference.

I posted on the GOAT thread why he now might be the greatest ever.
The greatest who won one world cup abi? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:biggrin: :biggrin:
Don't mind mate. :biggrin:

Like I said my friend, this is the era of TV...not the radio broadcasts and newspapers you grew up with!

:taunt:
Pax Americana...Wither Now?