'Croatia will lay on a WORLD OF HURT vs Brazil!'

Discuss the 22nd edition of the 2022 FIFA WORLD CUP QATAR™ scheduled to take place in Qatar from 21 November to 18 December 2022. Africa will be represented by Country-A, Country-B, Country-C, Country-D, AND Country-E.

Visit here for the latest interviews, news and features from the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

mate
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 'Croatia will lay on a WORLD OF HURT vs Brazil!'

Post by mate »

GG of G wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 7:17 pm It is clear some don't really know their football - Croatia was the better team on the night and dancing Jogo Bonito alone bossing a game does not qualify. If Brazil had won, that for me would have been luck. Both teams play well but one played the game it wanted and received the result it deserve and that ladies and gentlemen is football. Does Luck play a role? Yes from time to time, but on this occasion - no, planning and execution was the sole determinant of the result.

KPOM!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:
Pax Americana...Wither Now?
Tbite
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Tbite »

Ok I have come back to chop my humble pies. Took a long time, but what must be eaten, must be eaten.

I am still not a fan of Croatian football...but leave that for another discussion, for now, I chop the humble pies.
Buhari, whose two terms thankfully ground to a constitutional halt in May. (One thing both democracies have going for them is that their leaders, however bad, have only two terms to swing the wrecking ball.) Under Buhari, growth per head also plunged to 0. An economic agenda drawn from the dusty pages of a 1970s protectionist handbook failed to do the trick. Despite Buhari’s promise to tame terrorism and criminality, violence flourished. Despite his reputation for probity, corruption swirled. FT
mate
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by mate »

Tbite wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 2:09 pm Ok I have come back to chop my humble pies. Took a long time, but what must be eaten, must be eaten.

I am still not a fan of Croatian football...but leave that for another discussion, for now, I chop the humble pies.
No worries. We're all friends here.

:)

Give Croatia a chance. As I tried to explain, we try to play attacking, attractive football. But you've seen we just don't have even 1 competent forward...to the point where they frustrate a world class midfield and defense.

We put Argentina on its heels for 30 minutes before that BS penalty collapsed us. Argentina then routed us, again, because we had to attack and get exposed to a great offensive team, early enough.

We have a great hope: Roko Simic is 6'6 but fast and agile. Being touted as the Croatian Haaland.

I sure hope he pans out. Maybe we get back to more attacking flair, which we've traditionally had. We have emerging defenders and midfielders...and should withstand a once in a generation player like Modric retiring.

Let's see...if we can maintain the level and class to beat teams like Brazil, Argentina, maybe even win a WC?
Pax Americana...Wither Now?