Should we go for Carney ChukwuEmeka?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Should we go for Carney ChukwuEmeka?

Post by Bigpokey24 »

I think this bobo is legit ooo, so why not go after him instead of the current trash we have?
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
joao
Egg
Egg
Re: Should we go for Carney ChukwuEmeka?

Post by joao »

Club and league info please.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

joao wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 6:50 pm Club and league info please.
Chelsea. Moved from Villa
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
icee
Egg
Egg

Post by icee »

watching him now. Not bad
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

NFF should make the move on the kid, England won't have him under their radar anytime soon considering their promising depth of talents in midfield so we might have a chance...Chukwuemeka, Lesley Ugochukwu and either of Eze, Olise and Dele Bashiru are what we need to revamp our midfield ahead of the next world cup...Aribo and Iwobi are battling relegation at their clubs and aren't getting any better, Ndidi is Ndidi...good today injured tomorrow, Onyeka barely plays at Brentford and Etebo is barely seeing minutes in freaking Greece. When you think about it, we urgently need a total midfield rebuild.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Tim Ireogbunam on loan at QPR from Aston Villa is another one we should look at.
According the owngoalnigeria, PSV's Noni Madueke is interested in hearing from Nigeria. If true, we should follow up.
I am happy
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Dammy wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:45 am Tim Ireogbunam on loan at QPR from Aston Villa is another one we should look at.
According the owngoalnigeria, PSV's Noni Madueke is interested in hearing from Nigeria. If true, we should follow up.
All of a sudden midfielders of Nigerian descent are springing out every season, we're tired of wingers and fwds already...hopefully we see decent prospects for that GK position
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Nathan Tella as well is a midfielder, he's in top form at Burnley and Burnley are currently topping the table in the championship as they chase promotion to the premier league
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Man you guys are simping hard for these innit boys. Didn't you learn anything from the pinnick Era? They are only interested in England unless they have no chance of playing for them. We need to focus on our internal grassroots development. The talents we have back home are better than most of these British guys.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

Tobi17 wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 11:51 am Nathan Tella as well is a midfielder, he's in top form at Burnley and Burnley are currently topping the table in the championship as they chase promotion to the premier league
Yes I agree we should get tella only because he made it clear he wants to play for Nigeria
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Tobi17 wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 11:51 am Nathan Tella as well is a midfielder, he's in top form at Burnley and Burnley are currently topping the table in the championship as they chase promotion to the premier league
Burnley?
Did he get transferred from Southampton?
Didnt know he was with Burnley.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Dammy wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:45 am Tim Ireogbunam on loan at QPR from Aston Villa is another one we should look at.
Already played for England youths teams and currently on the radar of top clubs like Juventus. This one would be a tough one to crack. The likes of Eze are going to be easier being that they have been overlooked by England and are getting on in age.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

I was at the game last at Stamford Bridge and watched him closely.
Good player.

Played on the left and while the first half he looked a bit lost, in the second he was really good especially when Chelsea changed shape and he had a wing-back around him allowing him to play a bit more centrally.

Looks quick, confident enough on the ball and used it well.

Didn’t do anything spectacular or show that he was some wonderful prodigy. But he’s a capable attacking player.

At the moment, would not start ahead of anyone in the SW, but he’s someone I’d get into the squad if we can.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Since we cannot develop local talent, we should be happy to get rejects from the country of birth
of these players. The only problem is how we treat these guys if things don't pan out. Reality should
govern how we search for players, as we should not be deluded into hoping a player like Saka would
make Nigeria his first option.
For those who would like to challenge my reasoning, just think about why most in diaspora did not
pack up and move back to Naija.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

waka-man wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 7:17 pm I was at the game last at Stamford Bridge and watched him closely.
Good player.

Played on the left and while the first half he looked a bit lost, in the second he was really good especially when Chelsea changed shape and he had a wing-back around him allowing him to play a bit more centrally.

Didn’t do anything spectacular or show that he was some wonderful prodigy. But he’s a capable attacking player.

At the moment, would not start ahead of anyone in the SW, but he’s someone I’d get into the squad if we can.
He's a CM.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Nathan Tella to what? We have Chukwueze, Lookman, Sor Ejuke and Simon,, all of whom are arguably better than Tella. Abeg let Tella wait for England jare. Da foks do we need him for? We will never ever run out of wingers to the point that we beg Tella.
OCCUPY NFF!!
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

Sunset wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:32 pm
waka-man wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 7:17 pm I was at the game last at Stamford Bridge and watched him closely.
Good player.

He's a CM.
Not gonna much time in that position with Chelsea. Plays left in the limited game time he’s had.

Again, useful for SE squad but in either position unlikely to bench any of our starters…yet.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:35 pm Nathan Tella to what? We have Chukwueze, Lookman, Sor Ejuke and Simon,, all of whom are arguably better than Tella. Abeg let Tella wait for England jare. Da foks do we need him for? We will never ever run out of wingers to the point that we beg Tella.
The Nathan Tella I've watched is definitely better than Simon Moses, maybe Chukwueze and Lookman are relatively ahead cause they play in decent leagues, but none of these guys have exactly played well for Nigeria so maybe it's time to look at some other options
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Tobi17 wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 9:43 pm
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:35 pm Nathan Tella to what? We have Chukwueze, Lookman, Sor Ejuke and Simon,, all of whom are arguably better than Tella. Abeg let Tella wait for England jare. Da foks do we need him for? We will never ever run out of wingers to the point that we beg Tella.
The Nathan Tella I've watched is definitely better than Simon Moses, maybe Chukwueze and Lookman are relatively ahead cause they play in decent leagues, but none of these guys have exactly played well for Nigeria so maybe it's time to look at some other options
Cmon bro. Are we going after mediocre wingers? No doubt he’s a decent player but he doesn’t move the needle. Doubt he could even make a SE list if all players are healthy. I actually like Lookman better than this guy.
OCCUPY NFF!!
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Tobi17 wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:25 am NFF should make the move on the kid, England won't have him under their radar anytime soon considering their promising depth of talents in midfield so we might have a chance...Chukwuemeka, Lesley Ugochukwu and either of Eze, Olise and Dele Bashiru are what we need to revamp our midfield ahead of the next world cup...Aribo and Iwobi are battling relegation at their clubs and aren't getting any better, Ndidi is Ndidi...good today injured tomorrow, Onyeka barely plays at Brentford and Etebo is barely seeing minutes in freaking Greece. When you think about it, we urgently need a total midfield rebuild.
Carney is already on England's radar - in their youth team setup. And he's highly regarded. It'll be tough to get him to switch.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Lolly wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 3:07 pm
Already played for England youths teams and currently on the radar of top clubs like Juventus. This one would be a tough one to crack. The likes of Eze are going to be easier being that they have been overlooked by England and are getting on in age.
Carney is the same - in the England youth setup.

Noni is an interesting one. Has had a very quiet season.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

The YeyeMan wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:32 pm
Tobi17 wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:25 am NFF should make the move on the kid, England won't have him under their radar anytime soon considering their promising depth of talents in midfield so we might have a chance...Chukwuemeka, Lesley Ugochukwu and either of Eze, Olise and Dele Bashiru are what we need to revamp our midfield ahead of the next world cup...Aribo and Iwobi are battling relegation at their clubs and aren't getting any better, Ndidi is Ndidi...good today injured tomorrow, Onyeka barely plays at Brentford and Etebo is barely seeing minutes in freaking Greece. When you think about it, we urgently need a total midfield rebuild.
Carney is already on England's radar - in their youth team setup. And he's highly regarded. It'll be tough to get him to switch.
You're right, we stand a better chance with Eze
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

waka-man wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 9:12 pm
Sunset wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:32 pm
Good player.

He's a CM.
Not gonna much time in that position with Chelsea. Plays left in the limited game time he’s had.

Again, useful for SE squad but in either position unlikely to bench any of our starters…yet.
I disagree! He's amongst the most talented young CM's i've seen in a while since his time at Aston Villa and if we can somehow convince him to play for us, will be our biggest coup since Victor Moses and he has all the tools to take his game to the next level.