Laddan Bo$$o - Fighting 4 $hirts is Ba¢k

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Laddan Bo$$o - Fighting 4 $hirts is Ba¢k

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

https://www.owngoalnigeria.com/2023/01/ ... x-packing/

Is this true?

10 uninvited Euro based players decided to show up to the U20 camp to fight for a spot on the team. They were supposedly not invited, not on the list released to the public. They just decided to buy a plane ticket, leave their clubs etc, and go to Nigeria to see if they can get on the team.

So what does Bo$$o do?

He sends 6 away and will allow 4 of them to fight for a shirt. What is this? On what basis did he admit the 4 players to camp? Why did they merit a chance on arrival? See, this is why I refuse to support any local coach for SE. Imho, this is corrupt,unprofessional, lacks discipline , careless, and shows once again that we’re not a serious country. If true.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Laddan Bo$$o - Fighting 4 $hirts is Ba¢k

Post by Damunk »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 12:39 am https://www.owngoalnigeria.com/2023/01/ ... x-packing/

Is this true?

10 uninvited Euro based players decided to show up to the U20 camp to fight for a spot on the team. They were supposedly not invited, not on the list released to the public. They just decided to buy a plane ticket, leave their clubs etc, and go to Nigeria to see if they can get on the team.

So what does Bo$$o do?

He sends 6 away and will allow 4 of them to fight for a shirt. What is this? On what basis did he admit the 4 players to camp? Why did they merit a chance on arrival? See, this is why I refuse to support any local coach for SE. Imho, this is corrupt,unprofessional, lacks discipline , careless, and shows once again that we’re not a serious country. If true.
I agree, e get as e be, but I’d prefer to believe he was being charitable by even allowing them to train - albeit away from the invited squad.
So he has sent six away and kept four to fight for a place with the main squad.
But it’s interesting that OwnGoal didn’t bother to name any of them.

As usual one has to take the story with a pinch of salt, abeg.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Damunk wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:31 am
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 12:39 am https://www.owngoalnigeria.com/2023/01/ ... x-packing/

Is this true?

So what does Bo$$o do?

I agree, e get as e be, but I’d prefer to believe he was being charitable by even allowing them to train - albeit away from the invited squad.

You are a miracle!

You think those players simply showed up uninvited from Europe?

The only way that happens is that they are clueless.
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Is this true?

So what does Bo$$o do?

The only way that happens is that they are clubless.

Assuming the story is true...
Last edited by txj on Tue Jan 17, 2023 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

txj wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 3:59 am

Is this true?

So what does Bo$$o do?

Like I said, the story get as e be, and moreover, it’s OwnGoal.
The same guys reporting just yesterday about Crystal Palace’s Adebola Ola-Adebomi being expected, amongst others. No mention of their ten foreign ‘invaders’.
Then their partners-in-crime, Allnigeriasoccer are reporting the arrival of two Norwich City players, Aziaya (a GK) and Coker.

Personally, I have always been against the invitation of foreign-based players for the youth teams.
Winning developmental youth tournaments is just a means to an end.
So what’s the point?
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

txj wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 3:58 am

Is this true?

So what does Bo$$o do?

You are a miracle!

Clueless of clubless?
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Damunk wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 8:28 am

Is this true?

So what does Bo$$o do?

The same guys reporting just yesterday about Crystal Palace’s Adebola Ola-Adebomi being expected, amongst others. No mention of their ten foreign ‘invaders’.
Then their partners-in-crime, Allnigeriasoccer are reporting the arrival of two Norwich City players, Aziaya (a GK) and Coker.

Personally, I have always been against the invitation of foreign-based players for the youth teams.
So what’s the point?
Its a better way to integrate them into the system rather than throwing them in the main SE simply hoping they stick.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Sunset wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 12:01 am

Is this true?

So what does Bo$$o do?

So what’s the point?
Its a better way to integrate them into the system rather than throwing them in the main SE simply hoping they stick.

I don’t see the point of foreign based players in any of our youth teams. If these boys were actually good enough they’d be called into the England u20 team. So far none have shown they’re potential SE players. We make them earn it.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 5:26 am
Damunk wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 8:28 am Like I said, the story get as e be, and moreover, it’s OwnGoal.

So what’s the point?
I don’t see the point of foreign based players in any of our youth teams. If these boys were actually good enough they’d be called into the England u20 team. So far none have shown they’re potential SE players. We make them earn it.
Moreover, they’re taking up space of local young talents who need some kind of reward for their efforts. And I guess the exposure too.
It’s a youth programme and therefore a developmental one and the primary and ultimate goal should remain development, not winning a tournament just for the sake of it.

Each set only provides maybe two SE-worthy players if that. But players can and always will emerge from outside those high profile youth teams.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 5:26 am

Is this true?

So what does Bo$$o do?

So what’s the point?

It seems like you're getting foreign-based mixed up with foreign-born here. The coach has made it clear that all they need to prove is they're better than their competitors to make the squad. This idea you guys are proposing is discrimination if we're being honest and shouldn't be entertained.

Ebuehi didn't play for a single youth NT in Holland but when he switched to us there was immediate uproar
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

I can understand inviting a FB exceptional young talent for the main tournament itself, but if we understand that this competition's main objective is developmental, we should focus on players from the domestic game.

But what is interesting for me is how over 85% of this team is composed from academies. Hopefully that is a reflection of a focus on selecting the best talents available in this category...

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Sunset wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 2:56 pm It seems like you're getting foreign-based mixed up with foreign-born here. The coach has made it clear that all they need to prove is they're better than their competitors to make the squad. This idea you guys are proposing is discrimination if we're being honest and shouldn't be entertained.

Ebuehi didn't play for a single youth NT in Holland but when he switched to us there was immediate uproar
I get your sentiment but there’s a difference and ‘discrimination’ is a strong word inappropriately applied in my opinion.

The primary goal of the Super Eagles is to win trophies.
The primary goal of every youth team is to develop and expose talent for the ultimate benefit of the SE. If they win tournaments along the way, that is simply icing on the cake.

Foreign-based and foreign-born youth players are most likely benefitting from expertise and facilities most of our kids can only dream of. You’ve read the personal stories of Awoniyi, Nwakali, Ighalo, Alampasu, Osimhen and countless others, many heartbreaking. And those are the ones that made it.

So these kind of kids losing out to Nigerian kids around the world many of whom can even afford to buy their own flight tickets into Nigeria for a development and exposure opportunity sounds like discrimination AGAINST the local kids to me.

It might sound like double standards but the Super Eagles is the ultimate destination of every young Nigerian player and they (the SE) are expected to win laurels for the nation.
So scouring the globe for every eligible SE player to achieve that goal is totally in order.

Just my opinion.
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Damunk wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 4:22 pm
Sunset wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 2:56 pm It seems like you're getting foreign-based mixed up with foreign-born here. The coach has made it clear that all they need to prove is they're better than their competitors to make the squad. This idea you guys are proposing is discrimination if we're being honest and shouldn't be entertained.

I get your sentiment but there’s a difference and ‘discrimination’ is a strong word inappropriately applied in my opinion.

The primary goal of every youth team is to develop and expose talent for the ultimate benefit of the SE. If they win tournaments along the way, that is simply icing on the cake.

Foreign-based and foreign-born youth players are most likely benefitting from expertise and facilities most of our kids can only dream of. You’ve read the personal stories of Awoniyi, Nwakali, Ighalo, Alampasu, Osimhen and countless others, many heartbreaking. And those are the ones that made it.

So these kind of kids losing out to Nigerian kids around the world many of whom can even afford to buy their own flight tickets into Nigeria for a development and exposure opportunity sounds like discrimination AGAINST the local kids to me.

It might sound like double standards but the Super Eagles is the ultimate destination of every young Nigerian player and they (the SE) are expected to win laurels for the nation.
So scouring the globe for every eligible SE player to achieve that goal is totally in order.

Just my opinion.
Blocking Foreign based/Foreign born Nigerians from our youth NT's is discriminatory regardless of how you want to spin it here. The only thing that should be the topic of discussion wrt the players is if they're good enough.
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Sunset wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:00 pm

Just my opinion.
Blocking Foreign based/Foreign born Nigerians from our youth NT's is discriminatory regardless of how you want to spin it here. The only thing that should be the topic of discussion wrt the players is if they're good enough.

Good enough for what; win trophies?

As always you are incapable of seeing the big picture.

The ultimate goal of youth football is to develop players for the SE.

The FB players already have the platform to develop, which the HB do not have. It cannot be deemed discrimination, if the ultimate goal is the SE.

I can understand making an exception for an Okocha-type FB talent. But if our goal is to develop as many players as possible for the SE, our focus should be on players in the domestic game who need this level of exposure.
As long as they're the best talent available...

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Just my opinion.
You’ve made your position known already.
However it would be nice to hear your views on the specific points I raised - what you call ‘spin’.
Are you contesting the fact that it is not a level playing field by any stretch of the imagination?
:rotf:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

txj wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:07 pm

Just my opinion.

The FB players already have the platform to develop, which the HB do not have. It cannot be deemed discrimination, if the ultimate goal is the SE.

I can understand making an exception for an Okocha-type FB talent. But if our goal is to develop as many players as possible for the SE, our focus should be on players in the domestic game who need this level of exposure.

Kpom. Unless a player has special talent and we may lose him to another country, no FB should be called to youth teams. What is the point of an 18yr old from Accrington football academy traveling to Nigeria to fight for a Nigerian u20 shirt?
OCCUPY NFF!!
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Damunk wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:13 pm

Just my opinion.
However it would be nice to hear your views on the specific points I raised - what you call ‘spin’.
Are you contesting the fact that it is not a level playing field by any stretch of the imagination?
That's if you assume the foreign based players are automatically better than the home based players due to those same factors which I don't agree with. I think you're actually downplaying our homebased talents if your fear is that the team will be dominated by FB players as a result of their environment.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Sunset wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:39 pm

Just my opinion.
That's if you assume the foreign based players are automatically better than the home based players due to those same factors which I don't agree with. I think you're actually downplaying our homebased talents if your fear is that the team will be dominated by FB players as a result of their environment.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
I am not saying that at all.
In fact, truth be told, I could be saying the opposite.
The uneven playing field I refer to is what I clearly highlighted and you seem to have missed:
1. “…(the FBs are) benefitting from expertise and facilities most of our (local) kids can only dream of”, and,

2. “…Nigerian kids around the world [many of whom] can even afford to buy their own flight tickets into Nigeria for a development and exposure opportunity…”
I then reminded you of the horror stories many of our Naija born and bred stars had to go through to get a chance to show what they could do.
I don’t think you read my post. :D

I never remotely suggested or even hinted that they (FBs) are better. To be honest, I think the FBs for the most part are on balance not as good as the local boys at the youth level. Another reason why I am against inviting them.
What I will agree with is that as time goes on, the better facilities and coaching begin to make a difference.
I believe it is why our global dominance at the U17 level begins to dwindle at older youth tournaments. :idea:
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:15 pm
txj wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:07 pm

Just my opinion.

Kpom. Unless a player has special talent and we may lose him to another country, no FB should be called to youth teams. What is the point of an 18yr old from Accrington football academy traveling to Nigeria to fight for a Nigerian u20 shirt?
Let me just leave this here, FYI he was a starter at our WAFU Cup winning side. :roll:
Sunset
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sunset »

Damunk wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 7:02 pm
Sunset wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:39 pm

Just my opinion.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
I am not saying that at all.
In fact, truth be told, I could be saying the opposite.
The uneven playing field I refer to is what I clearly highlighted and you seem to have missed:
1. “…(the FBs are) benefitting from expertise and facilities most of our (local) kids can only dream of”, and,

2. “…Nigerian kids around the world [many of whom] can even afford to buy their own flight tickets into Nigeria for a development and exposure opportunity…”
I then reminded you of the horror stories many of our Naija born and bred stars had to go through to get a chance to show what they could do.
I don’t think you read my post. :D

I never remotely suggested or even hinted that they (FBs) are better. To be honest, I think the FBs for the most part are on balance not as good as the local boys at the youth level. Another reason why I am against inviting them.
What I will agree with is that as time goes on, the better facilities and coaching begin to make a difference.
I believe it is why our global dominance at the U17 level begins to dwindle at older youth tournaments. :idea:
At least that first part we can definitely agree on and is the same reason Europeans travel to the country year after year to scout our players. But it doesn't change my stance that what you're proposing is a discriminatory practice i.e everyone isn't afforded an equal opportunity. They are Nigerian which is the only thing that should matter here. We can agree to disagree :wink:
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

The one thing that has not been discussed is, what kind of a player is released by a European club in the middle of the season in a non-FIFA window?

For the S. American championships for instance, Mascherano for Argentina and the Brazil coach also are bemoaning the players that are held back by their clubs.

What kind of FB player is allowed to join this tournament; or go to the camp uninvited, if that be the case?

In many cases, this occurs where a player is "parked" in a club on the understanding that he'll be available for the agent to market him at a future date. One of those two defenders appears to fit the bill...

Our people are a miracle!