Troost Ekong to Serie A on loan

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Troost Ekong to Serie A on loan

Post by Dammy »

Salernitana is one of the most active teams in Serie A on the transfer market front . The arrival in Campania of Troost Ekong is very close. Watford, owner of the ex Udinese's card, verbally accepted the loan offer with an obligation to buy. The player is expected in Salerno tomorrow for medical visits and to sign the contract.
I am happy
packerland
Egg
Egg
Re: Troost Ekong to Serie A on loan

Post by packerland »

Step up move but relegation battle here we come.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

He waved goodbye to the Watford fans after today's match against Rotherham
I am happy
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

packerland wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 5:49 pm Step up move but relegation battle here we come.
Better than pining away in Watford at this point, he's in the twilight of his career so this is as good as it could get for him
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Tobi17 wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 11:08 pm
packerland wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 5:49 pm Step up move but relegation battle here we come.
Better than pining away in Watford at this point, he's in the twilight of his career so this is as good as it could get for him
I haven’t followed Watford games in a while but someone said he has been getting game time lately. If so, I still think that’s better than warming the bench in Italy. Our young players should aim to play in better clubs while our veterans like Ekong should aim to be playing regularly to be active.
"Yea right, we await the beatings the Aussie has for them. The Falcons are just another bad team at the women world cup".....fatpokey Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:34 .
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

packerland wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:32 pm
I haven’t followed Watford games in a while but someone said he has been getting game time lately. If so, I still think that’s better than warming the bench in Italy. Our young players should aim to play in better clubs while our veterans like Ekong should aim to be playing regularly to be active.
He's going straight into starting XI in Salernitana. They have a defensive crisis which was compounded on Saturday with another injury to a key central defender.
The Salernitana coach was Ekong's coach at Udinese and sought him out personally
I am happy
packerland
Egg
Egg

Post by packerland »

Dammy wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:37 pm
packerland wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:32 pm
He's going straight into starting XI in Salernitana. They have a defensive crisis which was compounded on Saturday with another injury to a key central defender.
The Salernitana coach was Ekong's coach at Udinese and sought him out personally
Good for him.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

English football with its intensity is not for everyone like Ekong found out. Even the great Khoulibaly is struggling just like Thiago Silva suffered at the beginning.
Ekong's profile is high in Italy because of his good stint at Udinese. I believe he will be in the shop window during the loan period and his performance could get him a better club in June. Players with experience in the EPL have always done well in Serie A and I'm hoping Skippo will do well at Salernitana. It good to be playing week in week out against the likes of Juventus, AC Milan, Inter Milan, Atalanta, Roma, Lazio, Torino, Napoli etc beats playing against the Milwalls, Lutons, Rotherhams, Readings etc of this world
I am happy
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Dammy wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:29 am English football with its intensity is not for everyone like Ekong found out. Even the great Khoulibaly is struggling just like Thiago Silva suffered at the beginning.
Ekong's profile is high in Italy because of his good stint at Udinese. I believe he will be in the shop window during the loan period and his performance could get him a better club in June. Players with experience in the EPL have always done well in Serie A and I'm hoping Skippo will do well at Salernitana. It good to be playing week in week out against the likes of Juventus, AC Milan, Inter Milan, Atalanta, Roma, Lazio, Torino, Napoli etc beats playing against the Milwalls, Lutons, Rotherhams, Readings etc of this world
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
I’m happy for him.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

maceo4 wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 7:16 pm Completed https://www.instagram.com/p/CnzIGt7sSUS ... MyMTA2M2Y=
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Good move for Ekong, all the best to him in Italy
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

Chei !! Molue Driver is not gonna like this
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Congrats to Troost. He has served us well over the last few yrs, he plays with his heart for Nigeria and I appreciate it. However, I think we need to start looking at the younger players for the future. Adarabioyo, Akpoguma, Awazien, Ndah, Bassey need to form the core of the new SE defense. Troost can still be a squad play but I think his days as a starter is done unless we have injuries.
Last edited by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA on Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

maceo4 wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 7:16 pm Completed https://www.instagram.com/p/CnzIGt7sSUS ... MyMTA2M2Y=
Alright! Let's see what our guy will do there. With his English premier league experience/exposure, I think he will do very well in his new club
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:25 pm Congrats to Troost. He has served us well over the last few yrs, he playsbwith his heart fir Nigeria and I appreciate. However, I think we need to start looking the younger players for the future. Adarabioyo, Akpoguma, Awazien, Ndah, Bassey need to form the core of the new SE defense. Troost can still be a squad play but I think his days as a starter is done unless we have injuries.
That has always already been in play book but you don’t yank a stalwart like a tooth or you would be exposed stack naked & found wanting. His experience and hustle in critical situations are not taught in any school but molue driver is in hiding
Last edited by jette1 on Thu Jan 26, 2023 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:25 pm Congrats to Troost. He has served us well over the last few yrs, he playsbwith his heart fir Nigeria and I appreciate. However, I think we need to start looking the younger players for the future. Adarabioyo, Akpoguma, Awazien, Ndah, Bassey need to form the core of the new SE defense. Troost can still be a squad play but I think his days as a starter is done unless we have injuries.
Una no dey hear word. None of the players you listed can clean the boots of Ekong even at his lowest.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Lolly wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:14 am
Una no dey hear word. None of the players you listed can clean the boots of Ekong even at his lowest.
Ndah, Tosin and Bassey are definitely players with high ceilings, not sure what your criteria is for even assuming Ekong is that indispensable
hestonap
Egg
Egg

Post by hestonap »

Bros if what you said is true, the our defensive problems are even worse than I imagined. I like Troost, plays with heart, nice personality, but he reminds me of some of the rather substandard defenders I've watched in the Eagles over the years with Fury and the bandana wearing chap amongst others that come to mind. He is average in the talent department but no denying his heart, but he remains among the best we have and it is indictment of how poor we are that he rates so 'highly'.

Good luck though to his new endeavours in Italy, I truly wish him great success. I'd never knock a fellow Nigerian in his legitimate hustle.
God bless and keep Nigeria and make his face shine on her undeserving as she may be.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

hestonap wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:42 pm
Bros if what you said is true, the our defensive problems are even worse than I imagined. I like Troost, plays with heart, nice personality, but he reminds me of some of the rather substandard defenders I've watched in the Eagles over the years with Fury and the bandana wearing chap amongst others that come to mind. He is average in the talent department but no denying his heart, but he remains among the best we have and it is indictment of how poor we are that he rates so 'highly'.

Good luck though to his new endeavours in Italy, I truly wish him great success. I'd never knock a fellow Nigerian in his legitimate hustle.
The good news is that what he says is not true.
We respect Ekong but in recent years, he hasn’t been that great.
Like you said, he’s what we have right now but I suspect not for long.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Troost marshals the Salernitana defence as they win 2-1 away to Lecce on his debut.
I am happy
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Dammy wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:55 pm Troost marshals the Salernitana defence as they win 2-1 away to Lecce on his debut.
I hope the guys who responded to me above are reading this. Ekong might not be pretty on the eye but he is a good defender. He just needs to play with the right partner and a good goalkeeper behind him.

Meanwhile our Bassey is getting slaughtered at Ajax for being so poor. And he has been really poor of late.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Damunk wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 7:43 am
hestonap wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:42 pm

The good news is that what he says is not true.
We respect Ekong but in recent years, he hasn’t been that great.
Like you said, he’s what we have right now but I suspect not for long.
What is untrue? Which one of these new boys in town like Adarabioyo, Akpoguma, Awazien, Ndah, Bassey is better than Ekong? Give reasons and stats of possible.